PDA

View Full Version : The OmniShop IV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 08:21 PM
The OmniShop

We Sell What You Want for the Price You Want

Description: The OmniShop is a store in which shoppers might procure anything that their hearts desire. If it exists, you can find it in this store. If it exists and it isn’t in the store, it can be found. If it does not exist and can be made, it will be. And the best part is that there are no set prices! One must only pay what they think the purchase is worth, no more and no less.
Exterior: The outside of the OmniShop is that of a massive castle, including parapets and towers, built out of light gray stones. The front door is a large wooden double, capable of being blocked by iron bars that drop down from the stone above it. On either side of the OmniShop proper are attached two smaller (though still very large) buildings built in the same castle-like manner. They have no exterior doors.
Interior:
Store: Upon walking through the doors a shopper would come to see a massive room filled with huge floor-to-ceiling shelves stocked with common to moderately uncommon items, all of which are available for purchase. After that they would be astounded by the room itself; the floor made of glistening white-marble tile, the walls of oak so heavily lacquered and polished that they seem to glow with a soft, warm light. The employees, dressed in their smartly-tailored uniforms, rush from place to place cleaning, polishing, and helping customers.
Restaurant: Were one to turn right and travel halfway to the front of the store they would see a door leading to a fine-dining restaurant where one would be able to purchase and eat any type of food their bellies can imagine.
If one were to follow that same procedure, only going to the left, they would find a door that leads to the OmniShop Inn. Each room comes with a large queen-sized bed, a desk and chair, two lamps and a fully functional bathroom, complete with shower/bathtub.
At the far end of the Omnishop are from the front doors are three counters, two of polished silver with a slightly larger golden one between them. At the left counter sits Gentlebot, Gent’s personal assistant. At the right sits Gongjin, Ekrath’s butler. At the center counter sits The Distinguished Gentleman himself. Behind the center counter are two doors, both inaccessible to the public. The door to the right leads to a staircase that provides access to the upper levels, where the truly rare items are. It is also in the upper levels where The Distinguished Gentleman makes his home. Gent, Gentlebot and Gongjin have keys to this door. The door to the left leads to the basement. Only Gent has access to this door.Personnel:
The Distinguished Gentleman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1388305&postcount=164): The suave, sophisticated owner, operator and proprietor of the OmniShop. He functions as Master Salesman and, as the employer of the OmniShop’s countless employees, reserves the right to tell them what to do.
Gentlebot (warforged): Quiet, reserved and polite, he is Gent’s right-hand man, a salesman, and possesses the authority to direct the other employees. He is in charge of the store when Gent is away. Due to his programming he refers to all fleshy individuals as ‘meatbag’. This is not an insult, however, and should not be taken as one.
Gongjin: (warforged): Ekrath’s inorganic butler, Gonjin is a salesman and clerk, taking careful inventories of every item within the walls of the store. He is more outgoing than Gentlebot and does not call people ‘meatbag’.
Enigma: Ebon-skinned humanoid in charge of the inn. (PC Character.)
Amman: Humanoid. Miscellaneous employee. (PC Character.)
Rell: Human. Miscellaneous employee. (PC Character.)
Yurioc: Mouse. Miscellaneous employee. (PC Character.)
Knutz and Bholtz (steel-plated iron golems): These two silent automatons function as The Distinguished Gentleman’s personal bodyguards. They look and function like the Guard Leaders, though they do not share the leader’s connection to the Guard Troopers.
The OmniShop Guard: 100 guards patrol the OmniShop, inside and out, protecting the store, its wares, and its personnel. They are organized into ten groups of ten; the 90 Guard Troopers (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Sophistemon/The%20Town/robo1.gif) being led, in groups of nine, by one Guard Leader (http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m278/Sophistemon/The%20Town/heavyrobo1.gif) per group. The Troopers are seven feet tall and are armed with massive metal fists and a Gatling gun on their right shoulders. The Guard Leaders stand eight feet tall, have fists wreathed in crackling energy, have more powerful Gatling guns on either shoulder, and possess the ability to speak, though they only do so to issue orders to their squads.
Employees: Dressed in identical gray uniforms, the employees number in the hundreds. It is their duty to keep the OmniShop clean and the customers happy.

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 08:30 PM
"Considering that you sell everything and, further, your prices are literally impossible to beat I must say that seems surprising," Maph'tey observes. The carving is most certainly recognizable as a willow leaning over a pond. The Traveler regards it for a moment, then proceeds to create trace amounts of impurities within the crystalline matrix. This has the end effect of coloring the exquisite work of art an array of vibrant greens, cool blues, and misty grays. He begins the intricate process of shaping each and every weeping leaf.

"Is there anything you do to pass the time? You know, when you aren't selling things?"

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 08:32 PM
Gent nods. "Oh, yes. I'm a bit of a writer. I also create my own little works of art."

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 08:34 PM
Maph'tey visibly brightens.

"Really? What do you work in?"

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 08:36 PM
Gent smiles, pleased that someone is interested. "Well, I write mainly fiction, though I have written a few biographies. As for my artwork, I can work with pretty much anything, though my favorite medium is technology."

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 08:54 PM
"You'll have to loan me one of your books some time," the Traveler responds. Though at the mention of working with technology he looks puzzled. "I'm not really sure how that would work. Are they like kinetic sculptures (http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/colspelli/intsc.jpg)or something?"

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 08:57 PM
Gent nods. "Of course. And no, I don't sculpt. Answer me this: is there anything any less beautiful about a flawlessly working machine than there is, say, a whalebone carving? I myself think not. You have seen the technology section, yes? It may surprise you to know that I designed the majority of those items myself."

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 09:04 PM
Maph'tey nods.

"Most machines I've seen are usually built in factories, so there's no real individual heart and soul poured into them. I hadn't really considered them being made by hand," he nods. "I think I can understand your position, though I must admit that since I have experience with building technological tools. I've crafted magic items before, but it has always been for utilitarian purposes. I never really considered putting as much time into fashioning the objects as I do with my sculpting."

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 09:06 PM
"I also enchant the majority of the magic items here, as well as forge the weapons and armor. I've a fair hand at jewelery, as well."

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 09:12 PM
"I think I understand now what keeps you busy all the time even when you aren't dealing with customers," Maph'tey says with a chuckle. "Does it just sort of... happen on its own? Do you just work very fast? Make doppelgangers of yourself?"

The Traveler grins.

"I've found a pretty effective way of doing the latter. In fact, I'm currently back in Dead Space furnishing my new home as we speak."

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 09:14 PM
Gent shakes his head. "My machines do most of the actual work. I'm primarily a designer."

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 09:24 PM
"That's certainly one way to do it," Maph'tey thinks for a moment. "You know, I had asked you a question the other day but you got caught in one of those blasted dead time zones. You had said that you value 'balance'. What did you mean by that?"

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 09:26 PM
Gent thinks. "Balance. Hm. I value the balance of forces, the balance of power. Universal balance. Harmony. Peace. I value peace."

ValKey
2007-02-19, 09:37 PM
*Valkey lands near the shop with her two riders, Rizzen and Ishmale*hopefully we will be safe here for a while

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 09:38 PM
Maph'tey considers this.

"I... I'm not sure if 'balance' constitutes peace. One might say that good and evil are 'balanced', but that has only been through constant warring with one another. 'Balance' is nice in contrast to plenty of physical extremes. I prefer a balance of warmth and cold rather than being incinerated or frozen. But when it comes to more philosophical concepts," he pauses to make sure that he's wording this right. "I would prefer living around more people who are willing to go out of their way to be kind to each other at the loss of people who are willing to sacrifice others for personal gain."

He completes the breath-taking willow and sets it on the counter.

"I don't think a 'balance' between good and evil is necessarily desirable."

Sophistemon
2007-02-19, 09:39 PM
((Ugh, sorry guys. I have to get to sleep as I have school tomorrow.))

Gent vanishes into Dead Time.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 09:40 PM
Gent doesn't tolerate violence, so we should be fine.
Rizzen looks around.
Hmm, did that bug thing finally leave then, Gent?
Notices Gent getting temporally shunted.
Nevermind then.

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 09:42 PM
Ishmale opens his eyes and relaxes his death-grip on ValKey.
Thank gods! We're safe.
Ishmale hops off. He turns to ValKey.
No offense. As I've stated before, I don't like flying.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 09:43 PM
Is that who owns this shop? *looks around a bit, curious since she has never been here before

Goblin Music
2007-02-19, 09:46 PM
Valic enters the shop and looks at the merchandise, mostly the gun section and specifically the revolvers.

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 09:46 PM
Ishmale looks around and notices that they're at the Omnishop.
Hey I've been here before. I think I got a wand of Mordekaiden's Dysjunction or something like that. I think I got it to help Rizzen out his cell when I first got here.

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 09:47 PM
((That conversation was going to be interesting too T_T))

Maph'tey looks at Gent closely, then sighs as he realizes that the man has been frozen in time. He picks up the carving he had been working on and stows it away in his satchel.

Almost as if on cue 'the bug' of which Rizzen was speaking of skitters into the OmniShop. At that exact same moment Maph'tey decides to take his leave.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 09:49 PM
It's alright Ishmale, I am not offended*she looks at the shop, thoughtful*

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 09:51 PM
A man named Gent, owns the place. Sells everything you could ever want, materialistically of course.
He eyes the 'bug' with wary eyes.
You things aren't still trying to destroy the world are you?

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 09:51 PM
Phew. I wouldn't want to displease the Goddess. So anyway, someone please catch me up on what I missed during my trip.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 09:54 PM
*she looks at Rizzen*Should I tell him the good news?

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 09:54 PM
"Ayin has no desire to destroy the world," the bug buzzes. It skitters across the aisles and begins to waves its antenna furiously in Gent's general direction.

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 09:55 PM
Oh good. At least it's good news. What is it?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 09:59 PM
Ayin?
He turns towards ValKey and smiles.
Feel free my lady, despite how....socially odd it is, it's fine by me. mostly because I don't really care what most of the random populace of Town thinks of me...

ValKey
2007-02-19, 10:00 PM
*she smiles at Ishmale and show you her finger*me and Rizzen got engaged. It seems your prediction was right

Goblin Music
2007-02-19, 10:01 PM
Still looking at the firearms Valic says Hi to the threesome

Rebonack
2007-02-19, 10:08 PM
"Ayin has found a name. The entity Gent suggested that Ayin find something which Ayin is 'good' at," the ebon creature responds. "Ayin has yet to find something which Ayin is good at."

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 10:09 PM
Ishmale looks at ValKey confused and estatic.
You two are engaged?! That's great! My prediction?
He looks at ValKey with amazement now.
You can read minds, can you? Well that would've been nice to know beforehand.
Ishmale starts laughing a little. He doesn't notice the 'Hi'.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 10:11 PM
*waves over at Valic, then blinks a bit at Ishmale*I guess it was just an accident..I can't read minds usually

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 10:13 PM
Well, 'Ayin', you seem pretty good at existing, but I doubt that counts...
He waves at Valic to return the greeting. He hugs ValKEy.
A lot of things seem to be accidents around here, some good, some bad. A lot of good ones lately I've noticed.

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 10:14 PM
Ishmale laughs a little harder.
Well I guess that says something about the power of my mind now doesn't it?
He turns to Rizzen.
I'll agree to that.
He mocks holding up a glass to 'cheers' Rizzen.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 10:17 PM
*smiles as Rizzen hugs her*I would say that there is a lot of good accidents myself too*laughs at Ishmale*I should bow to the one with the all powerful mind!

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 10:21 PM
Ishmale slows his laughing, but is laughing nonetheless.
That should be reversed. I was saying that my mind is weak enough for people to read.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 10:22 PM
Rizzen smiles and walks down one of the aisles, looking around for anything that catches his eye.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 10:26 PM
I thought you meant it was so great that it broadcast itself into everyone your near*she said to Ishmale, then starts to look atround at some things*Ooh this is pretty

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 10:32 PM
Nope. Weak constitution.
Ishmale starts browsing also. He wanders into the potion section and sees a few small bottles of anti-necrocarnum. He picks one up and brings it over to Rizzen.
Do you think this could help against Katalia?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 10:40 PM
He looks towards Ishmale.
Possibly. I wouldn't know really, I'm not an expert. See anything interesting ValKey?
Rizzen finds a small curved stick sitting in the middle of the floor. He kicks it carefully, mildly curious.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 10:42 PM
*glances at Ismale* Thinking of it, having your mind randomly spout out stuff to people wouldn't be good *She points out a teal gem, that seemed to sparkle as you tilted it*This is nice*has no idea what might help..doesn't even know what this..necro-whatever thing was either*

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 10:42 PM
Well I'll grab a few bottles just in case.
He walks back to where he found the bottles and shoves a few into his pouch. He then puts a sack with 40,000 gold on the counter for Gent to find in the morning. He turns to ValKey.
No, I guess not. Especially in battle.

Goblin Music
2007-02-19, 10:49 PM
Valic enters a Time-stop-Zone

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 10:57 PM
A random Dead-Time-Zone encloses itself around Ishmale.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 10:58 PM
*she walks over towards Ishamle* I am not too sure if I can stand much more of this fighting*she said softly. Val just wasn't the sort that liked to fight*It seems that Kat is just playing cat and mouse and really isn't trying to kill Rizzen to me..

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 10:58 PM
Rizzen notes everyone leaving and shrugs.
Ah well. I can buy that gem if you'd like it Val.
He kicks the twig again and picks it up.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 11:04 PM
Nah I don't really want a gem all too much

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 11:11 PM
Not even a shiny gem?
He tries to jokingly prod at the dragon side of her lineage.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 11:15 PM
I would like...a pet. Do they sell them here?*she smirks as she gets the feeling he was trying to poke at the love of shinies dragons have*If you get me one gem, you might end up with a whole house full of them

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 11:16 PM
Ishmale comes out of the dead-time-zone.
What's up?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 11:19 PM
Rizzen's mind briefly touches the possibility of a small gem hoard in a house. He raises an eyebrow at the thought and shakes his head.
Pets? This place sells everything. Well, not abstract things like love and happiness I suppose....
He continues to examine the stick for no reason other than that it seems like a good idea.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 11:28 PM
I am not too sure what sort of pet I would want. *she looks at the stick* Why do you keep staring at that?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 11:33 PM
I have no idea.
He tosses the stick aside.
Hmm, any animals you would particularly like to have as a pet? Ferret? Gerbil? Giraffe?

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 11:35 PM
Ishmale shakes himself out of a trance, again.
Ooo. I suggest a wolf, but that's just me.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 11:38 PM
Well I sort of hoped for a little dragon but that might not be the best idea

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 11:45 PM
How 'bout a pseudodragon?
He walks down several aisles until he comes to one with assorted animals and other creatures.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 11:46 PM
That would work. I rather not have my pet burn the house down. Though is it a good idea to keep living there now Katalia knows where we live?*she looks at Ishmale*Is a wolf your favorite animal?

Uberblah
2007-02-19, 11:50 PM
I still say you guys should get a wolf pup.
Ishmale walks down the pet aisle and looks at the wolves. He finds one that's cute and holds it up to show ValKey and Rizzen. The pup is all black with shining, light-blue eyes. His fur is smooth, soft, and shiny. When the pup is picked up it nips playfully at Ishmales fingers.
See? He's playful too. Yes. Wolves are my favorite animals.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-19, 11:52 PM
Rizzen looks at the wolf.
Eh, sorry, got hunted by too many wolf packs to say I care for them. As for the house....we could simply relocate it. I could shrink it, then you could carry it elsewhere. Though Katalia would likely just find us again anyway.

ValKey
2007-02-19, 11:57 PM
What do you think Rizzen? It might be a good protector of the house when it gets bigger *reaches to the wolf and tries to pat it on the head*

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:00 AM
Ishmale looks disappointedly at Rizzen then he looks at the pup.
Does anyone here know about Trog's policy on pets? Or maybe he could travel with us. I could teach him to fight, to tell tell the difference between friend and foe. He could be quite useful. He's older, but not old enough to be untrainable.
Ishmale considers all this for a moment. The wolf licks ValKey's hand and wags its tail.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:01 AM
Still not fond of them, but I could live with one around. Possibly, as long as it doesn't look at me with the remotest bit of hunger.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 12:04 AM
*she looks at Ishmale*You and wolves have something in common, a puppydog eye. I am having trouble resisting. *she looks at Rizzen* I am sure Ishmale can train it not to look at you with hunger, if it does I can always make it Rizzen shaped chew toys so it doesn't chew on you*snickers a little bit*

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:10 AM
Ishmale looks at ValKey with puppydog eyes.
Like this?
He laughs a little then turns to Rizzen.
I can train him really well. I have a dog at my foster fathers' house that I trained and he hasn't hurt anyone who doesn't deserve to be. The only way he'll look at you with hunger is if he needs to be fed, in which case feed him. Or I will. If you want he'll be my pet and you can have your own different one. I'll just build a house near yours and the pup can live with me but still protect all of us.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:13 AM
Rizzen rolls his eyes.
Eh, I see that I won't win this argument, so have at it. I however....
He walks a little further down, pulling out a cage with a cockatiel in it.
...am going to get a bird.
He smiles and strokes its wings.
Any objections?

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:15 AM
No objections here. One question. Is the pup your pet or mine?
He looks at Rizzen then at ValKey then at Rizzen again. Allthewhile the pup is squirming and licking Ishmale's hands.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 12:16 AM
*she looks at Rizzen*aww..look at how cute he is, can we keep him? *she pinches Ishmale gently in the cheeks, then humms rubbing her chin at Rizzen's question about the bird*Why are you asking me permission, you can get anything you want!

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:19 AM
Ishmale utters a low Ruff and pants a little. The pup gets confused and barks happily along with Ishmale.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 12:21 AM
*she laughs*I think the pup should be yours Ishmale, I am not much of a dog person really. I like dragons and cats mostly

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:23 AM
Rizzen continues to stare at the bird.
Just asking in case you have a problem with chirping or something similar. What about that pseudodragon, by the way, we still getting one of those? It probably wouldn't appreciate being called a pet, but it could be considered a friend I suppose.

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:25 AM
Ishmale looks at ValKey, then at the pup, then at Rizzen, then back at ValKey with a huge smile.
Thanks a lot! I promise he'll be the best behaved, but most dangerous wolf you'll ever meet!
Ishmale starts playing with the pup while looking for items to help with its training. When he finds everything he's looking for he leaves another sack of money on the counter. This one contains 150,000 gold.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 12:30 AM
Well I wasn't thinking of calling a dragon my pet either, that isn't a very good idea

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:32 AM
No, making a dragon think that you're belittling it, usually isn't a good idea....

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:35 AM
Ishmale starts the wolf's training. He starts my letting it go around and recognize the smells of ValKey and Rizzen.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 12:35 AM
((Except if you like being set on fire.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:36 AM
((:smallamused: those silly silly masochists...))

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:40 AM
((if you want to be set on fire, just talk to Ishmale and he'll take care of the rest :smallbiggrin:))

ValKey
2007-02-20, 12:41 AM
*chuckles at Ishmale*What are you going to name it?*she looks over at Rizzen* Being part dragon, I know how to take care of them. My mother used to care for some dragonlings before..You think they might have any hatchlings for sale?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:43 AM
What part of sells everything aren't you getting?
He walks over and pokes ValKey, grinning.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 12:43 AM
Maph'tey walks into the OmniShop and stops at the counter near the still frozen Gent. He then dumps the fragment of his carving out on the counter and instructs the universe that it should fix the statue. The universe begrudgingly complies and the shards of diamond leap back together again. The Traveler sighs at all the crazy antics of the Town, creates a stool for himself to sit on and pulls out a book he's been reading.

He takes a seat and thumbs to the place where he left off.

"You can respond to my question once you're done with the crazy dead time zone Gent," Maph'tey says. "I don't mind waiting."

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:46 AM
Ishmale calls the wolf back to him, and it surprisingly responds exactly as planned.
Huh. He seems to be basically trained at least manners-wise.
Ishmale picks up the pup and turns to ValKey.
I guess a name should probably've been the first thing I did. I don't know exactly what to call him. Do either of you have any ideas?

ValKey
2007-02-20, 12:48 AM
*she shrugs at Rizzen*I am not used to shops that sell everything. Maybe a better question is where would they be?*looks at Ishmale's pup scratching her head a little bit*

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:53 AM
((ooo. i googled "male wolf names" and it brought me to a site with this name :smallwink:))
Ishmale looks at the pup.
How about Faelan? It means "little wolf" in Gaelic.
The pup looks up at Ishmale and wags its tail a little.
You seem to like it, but I want to see your reaction to other names.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 12:56 AM
Now that is a good question....just wander the aisles until you find it I guess. Or you could ask a random employee. Either one.
Hmm, wolf names....names....names....how about Bliar? Sounds odd, yet interesting at the same time....Or you could go with Faelan, that too.

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 12:58 AM
The pup looks at Rizzen and tilts its head as if saying "seriously?"
Umm.. I'll think about it. Any more suggestions?

ValKey
2007-02-20, 01:00 AM
The only one I can think of on the top of my head is Samson *she wanders around until she finds some pseudodragons*

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 01:10 AM
Nothing wrong with Samson....
He stares at the cockatiel and then what he knows about pseudodragons. He sighs and puts it back on the shelf and goes off to go help ValKey.

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 01:11 AM
The pup is quizzical of ValKey's suggestion. Ishmale tries another.
Perhaps Aaron?
The wolf doesn't even look up.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 01:17 AM
*she looks at the little pseudodragons, hoping to find one that was teal, or maybe violet. She finds one that seems to be teal with a spot of violet and picks it up in her hands. It looks at Rizzen and flaps its wings at him, jumping on his shoulder and licking your ear* Aww looks like she knows your giving up your bird so I can have her..*The pseudodragon climbs up on Rizzens head looking around* maybe you should name her?

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 01:21 AM
Ishmale looks up with a smile.
I've got a good suggestion for the dragon. Aedan which means "fire." You choose though. It's your pet.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 01:26 AM
Rizzen pats the pseudodragon on its head.
Name her? I'm no good at names, so unless Eingana suits your fancy, then by all means, name her yourself. Hmm, perhaps I like odd names too much...
((after googling that, maybe that's not such a wise name choice...))

ValKey
2007-02-20, 01:29 AM
*she humms a little bit at Ishmale and Rizzen* Humm I don't know those names don't seem to suit her. How do you like the name Arleta little one?*it tilts its head to the side, then flies over to her shoulder starting to try and tear off her sleeve*

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 01:30 AM
Ishmale looks at the pup with twinkling eyes.
I think I've got a name for you, little buddy. How do like Akil? It means smart/intelligent in Arabic.
The pup looks up at Ishmale and yips in glee.
Well then, I guess your new name is Akil. Any objections by anyone else?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 01:32 AM
Hm, I like Arleta, which further proves my ineptitude at naming things.
He shrugs and wanders off to find a bed or something for the creature.
Akil sounds good to me.

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 01:36 AM
Ishmale nods at Rizzen and then turns towards ValKey.
That's three of four comfirmations. I need one more from you, ValKey.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 01:40 AM
Akil is a fine name*she laughs*Your so silly, why do you care what we think? It's your wolf after all. The only ones who are important are you and the wolf *She gets a shifty look on her face when she speaks to Rizzen* I guess I will have to name all the kids we are going to have then*she wasn't sure if she should say that. She hoped to have at least one kid*

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 01:44 AM
Rizzen just barely contains the choke that tried to come up from that comment, he decides to pretend he didn't grasp the implications of it.
It probably would be wise for you to name them.
He grabs a cushion/bed and brings it over, holding it out to the pseudodragon.
Why don't you hop in here so we can see if you like it or not.

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 01:48 AM
Ishmale looks at ValKey, smiling.
I want confirmation from you two because you're like his aunt and uncle, and you're going to have to get used to the name, too, so I figure you guys should agree on the name also.
Ishmale puts up an anti-mindreading wall around his next thoughts.
Sheesh... she's already thinking about kids? They're not even married yet! Well, I'll let Rizzen handle that one.
Ishmale looks at Akil and puts him down on the ground then steps away.
I guess I should get you used to your new name. Akil...
The pup does nothing.
Akil...
The pup still does nothing. After a few more attempts Akil realizes that he's the one being spoken to and happily lumbers over to Ishmale and licks his face.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 01:51 AM
*Arleta hops into the bed, and Valkey looks over at Rizzen and laughs * Sorry I shouldn't of said that *she chuckles a little bit at Ishmale*Oh so I am a wolf aunty now, lucky me

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 01:56 AM
Ishmale nods at ValKey. He then looks at Akil.
Now there's a new member of the 'family.' I guess you should get to know everyone's scent again.
Ishmale lets Akil go sniff everybody again.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 01:59 AM
He balances the bed in one arm and pats Arleta on the head with his open hand.
I assume that means you like the bed then? How old is she I wonder, I would rather like to know when she's going to be able to talk...er telepathically speak.
Rizzen assumes this means that they are going to be purchased and leaves his typical currency of several random gems on the counter. He walks back over to ValKey and Ishmale.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 02:01 AM
I guess so..*Arleta had feel asleep in there, she watches the Wolf pass her by, kind of going quiet at the stupid joke she had made before*I hope it isn't too much.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 02:13 AM
Rizzen notes the odd silence.
What's too much?

ValKey
2007-02-20, 02:18 AM
The things your buying for me*she reaches over to pet Arleta in her bed, then looks over at her two friends*

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 02:20 AM
((sorry but i just got my avatar so i needed to change/add some things :smallbiggrin:))

Akil comes back to Ishmale once he's sure of every family member's scent. Ishmale pats him on the head and gives him a treat.
Good boy, Akil. Now to teach you to attack.
Ishmale pulls out a dummy from his training supplies and cuts small holes where the heart, throat, calves, arms, and ankles would be. He then places a treat in each hole. Ishmale then calls out a body part and points to a treat where that body part is. Akil then attacks that part going for the treat. Ishmale and Akil repeat this process until Akil doesn't need treat stimulation nor Ishmale to point at where to attack.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 02:24 AM
Rizzen gets a funny look when he notices Ishmale's training program.
...Ok....Perhaps we should go somewhere else now if we have everything we came for. I'd forgotten why we came here in the fir- Oh right. Hmm, I think we'll be alright.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 02:27 AM
*ValKey seems to be in her own world for a while*So should we head back to the hut?

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 02:28 AM
Ishmale and Akil stop their training for the evening. Ishmale scratches Akil behind the ears and gives him a few treats. He turns to Rizzen.
Well where should go now? Back to the woods? I hope it's safe again.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 02:31 AM
I suppose, Katalia should be gone and the wards have likely barred her out anyway.
He decides that he wouldn't mind offering the transport method for once and open a shadow portal to the hut. He gestures towards it.
Ladies first.
He then for absolutely no reason at all, remembers that he hasn't seen Chaotic Bob or the dvati twins in a rather long time. He shrugs that thought away, wondering why it even appeared.

ValKey
2007-02-20, 02:32 AM
*she heads on through the portal*Why thank you Rizzen

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 02:35 AM
Rizzen then watches Ishmale's odd training program for a few more seconds and decides to just leave.
I'll leave it open for a few more seconds if he decides to follow....
He slips through the portal.

Uberblah
2007-02-20, 02:35 AM
Ishmale steps through the portal.
Thank you.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 02:37 AM
The portal snaps shut.

A rat in the corner of the room nibbles on some grain.

Baeleck
2007-02-20, 01:01 PM
Ethrai appears in the Omnishop. He begins to browse through various goods, picking up mainly food. He also has a bag of holding with him, to help him carry all the things he needs. He finishes and brings his things to the counter. There is no-ont there who's ready to serve him.

Something tells me this place is understaffed.

He puts money on the counter and pushes it into a neat pile. He then takes the goods and opens a portal, disappearing through it.

McBish
2007-02-20, 04:12 PM
((Actually there are litteraly hundreds of NPC's who work here.))

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 04:27 PM
Alexander comes running into the Omnishop, (still only dressed in his loincloth) he looks back over his shoulder. I need a good suite of armor and, he thinks for a moment, and whatever goes on underneath.

The npc on duty directs him to the proper section.

Blood
2007-02-20, 04:28 PM
((Yeah, and we've been busy lately. :smallyuk: ))

((Gent, how much money do we get per week?))

Rell breaks out of his dead time zone, and sighs. He collects any money the customers had left ((I didn't feel like reading through 4 pages of fluff)), and stashes it into the vault. Instead of putting the door in, he smiles and instead empties his pockets of gold (around 100). He gently slips the small carved door into a pocket, and then sits behind the counter.

((Four of us that have been sitting here swapping long stories, and we keep missing each other. And we're missing customers too. :smallsigh: ))

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 04:31 PM
Alexander runs down the row, his loincloth flapping in the breeze. He starts tossing aside bits of armor, wondering how on earth a person can stand to wear such heavy stuff.

Blood
2007-02-20, 04:34 PM
The NPC looks a bit confused at Alexander's rather spontaneous behavior, but makes no comment, having been hardened by the chaos of the Town. He tries to keep pace with the scantily clad man. "Don't you think you should put on some clothes under your armor? To walk around while not fighting, and sleep in?"

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 04:36 PM
Alexander looks at him suspiciously, I think you're right, if I put it on this way, I think I might hurt something important. Where are the clothes?

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 04:38 PM
((Wages are 1000gp a week, plus benefits.))

Gent snaps out of slow time.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 04:43 PM
The Traveler repeats his comments from the day before.

"I... I'm not sure if 'balance' constitutes peace. One might say that good and evil are 'balanced', but that has only been through constant warring with one another. 'Balance' is nice in contrast to plenty of physical extremes. I prefer a balance of warmth and cold rather than being incinerated or frozen. But when it comes to more philosophical concepts," he pauses to make sure that he's wording this right. "I would prefer living around more people who are willing to go out of their way to be kind to each other at the loss of people who are willing to sacrifice others for personal gain."

He completes the breath-taking willow and sets it on the counter.

"I don't think a 'balance' between good and evil is necessarily desirable."

Blood
2007-02-20, 05:02 PM
((Benefits?))

The NPC leads Alexander to section full of clothes of all kinds that you could ever imagine, and infinitely more.

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 05:03 PM
Alexander looks up and down, I'm confused, what kind goes best under armor?

Blood
2007-02-20, 05:05 PM
"Any kind of clothing, but preferably cloth, would be good. And you don't have to have a heavy, metallic type of armor, either. You could go for leather."

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 05:08 PM
I think that a lance will go right through leather. I'm in a jousting tournament for the Lady Lykan's hand. I really want to win, so I need some really good stuff.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 05:10 PM
((Free room and board; free food and drink; a safe place to live and work; a hefty retirement plan; dental.))

Gent thinks. "Everything has a purpose, even if one of those things is evil."

Blood
2007-02-20, 05:14 PM
((Wow. Even in D&D terms, that's pretty damn good.))

Rell sits behind the counter. He glances over at Gent, Maph'tey, and Fydan occasionally, but starts to drift into a doze.

The NPC employee nods. "I advise you to put on some clothes under it, though. Put on whatever you would like, and then some armor over it. The cost is whatever you wish it to be."

((Ugh, I'm tired. Please NPC the NPC.))

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 05:15 PM
“It’s hard to tell that to a child who just had his entire family slaughtered by a ravaging hoard of demons,” Maph’tey responds. “Buck up kiddo, you may be an orphan now, but just remember that all that seemingly senseless suffering all has a purpose.”

He sighs.

“Isn’t it just as possible that there’s no purpose to it at all? If so then it seems like a crime of apathy to allow that sort of thing to happen. If good people do nothing then evil has already won.”

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 05:17 PM
Alexander starts looking through all of the clothes, looking over his shoulder occasionally. He finds some regular clothes and some nice padding.

((Thanks Blood))

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 05:18 PM
Gent nods. "Your words make sense, but I must maintain my convictions. If only to preserve my sanity, I must maintain my convictions."

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 05:24 PM
He puts the clothes and padding in the shopping basket (which magically appears next to him) and goes over to the armor isle again. He looks over the armor with lots of confusion and starts pawing through it all.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 05:34 PM
“The way I look at it,” Maph’tey continues. “Evil doesn’t even exist as entity. ‘Cold’ isn’t actually a something, it’s just less warm than one might like. ‘Dark’ isn’t a something, it’s just less light than one needs to see.”

Maph’tey thinks for a moment.

“And ‘evil’ is the same way. It’s just a complete lack of empathy. A complete lack of Love. A good person, I think, is willing to actively treat others the way they want to be treated. Good is compassionate and caring. A neutral person is willing to avoid doing things to others that they wouldn’t want to have done to them. They probably won’t go out of their way to help someone they don’t know, but they won’t go out of their way to harm them.”

“Evil. To an evil person other beings are largely just a means to an end. Tools to be used and discarded when they aren’t needed. Some do it for power, some do it for pleasure. They may have friends that they care about, but where as a good or neutral person would be more willing to forgive betrayal an evil person is more likely to,” he runs his finger across his neck.

“So what does that make evil then? A corruption of good. Power and pleasure aren’t evil by nature, but an evil person will cause suffering in others to attain them. You can’t have a balance between something that is and something that isn’t.”

Maph’tey sighs. Then a sudden realization dawns on him.

“It’s… It’s because of your power isn’t it?” he half asks and half states. “You have the power to right wrongs, but you don’t feel as though you have the right to upset the ‘balance’.”

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 05:36 PM
Gent blinks. "At last someone understands. Fitting that it would be another outsider."

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 05:37 PM
Finally he finds some hot looking red armor that is light weight and looks like it could withstand a jousting tourney. Alexander puts it all in the basket and looks for the weapons isle.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 05:50 PM
“I can’t really blame you for not wanting to destroy the free-will of others by molding events to your whims. But it must… it must really pain you to see suffering that you could right that you feel compelled to ignore.”

The Traveler rubs the back of his head absently.

“Maybe that’s the curse you have to endure for the power you claimed.”

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 05:51 PM
Verdandi comes inside, her hair disheveled, her clothing stained with oil and soot, and her face with tears. She doesn't look so good, in other words. She begins searching for the clothing aisle.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 05:52 PM
Gent sighs. "If so, I hope I'm capable."

McBish
2007-02-20, 05:52 PM
Lillah steps in after her and waves in the direction of Gent's voice. She follows Vera to the clothing aisle.

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 05:54 PM
Alexander finds several lances and a long black flaming sword. He grins and takes everything up front to the counter. All of this please.

the npc holds out a hand for payment.

Alexander frowns and then remembers that he did bring some money. He reaches into his loin cloth and finds the family jewels. He pulls out a handful of high end jewels and puts them on the counter. Will this do?

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 05:54 PM
Verdandi eventually finds the clothing section and looks through the selection of gray, black, and brown clothing.

McBish
2007-02-20, 05:56 PM
He reaches into his loin cloth and finds the family jewels.
((Wow Alexander that sounded bad.))

Lillah joins Vera in the clothing section.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 05:57 PM
“If you want to talk to me about anything that is weighing on your heart, feel free,” Maph’tey states. “It is, after all, one of the many uses of a good friend.”

wxdruid
2007-02-20, 06:03 PM
The npc takes the jewels and Alexander puts everything into a bag and goes to the door. He peeks outside before he leaves the Omnishop.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 06:07 PM
Gent nods. "You know, you remind me of someone. Bret- no, Bertleby James."

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 06:10 PM
((Class beckons))

“You’ll have to tell me about him some time,” the Traveler responds.

A second Maph’tey walks into the OmniShop and waves at the first.

“Hi Maph’tey,” says the newcomer.

“Good afternoon, Maph’tey,” replies the first.

The second then proceeds to walk into the first and simply cease to be.

“I’m going to go and get a bite to eat at the restaurant, Gent.”

He then does precisely that.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 06:33 PM
Verdandi finally finds the clothing she wanted and goes over to the counter.

McBish
2007-02-20, 06:34 PM
Lillah follows her. Sorry I'm not much help when shopping for clothes.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 06:35 PM
That's okay, Lillah... I just didn't want to be alone.

McBish
2007-02-20, 06:36 PM
Of course.

Blood
2007-02-20, 06:37 PM
Rell snaps out of his doze as Verdandi comes over. "Captain, I- ... What happened to you?"

Alexander's NPC puts the gems into the vault and then turns back into a random NPC.

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 06:39 PM
Verdandi lowers her head and doesn't answer. I'd like to buy these.

McBish
2007-02-20, 06:40 PM
Lillah stands next to Vera and gives a sad smile.

Blood
2007-02-20, 06:41 PM
Rell tries to look into her eyes, ignoring her shopping needs for the moment. "Verdandi...what happened? Whatever it is, we can help you overcome it." He looks very worried.

((Wait, Vael = Verdandi? Or is this another Gender Bender Week thing?))

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 06:43 PM
((Hey, I'm a ninja. Just that good))

Verdandi shakes her head and starts crying. No, you can't... just let me buy this, please...

McBish
2007-02-20, 06:44 PM
Lillah moves to wrap her arms around Vera comfortingly. She gives Rell a look to let it be.

Blood
2007-02-20, 06:47 PM
"Pay what you want to pay, you know how it goes." He watches her cry, feeling powerless. "Verdandi...you can't just give in to grief like this. You have so many people that care about you. We can all help you with this. You just have to be willing to have help."

((You have all the avatars you made for others in your sig, I get that, I'm assuming you're not Vael, Verdandi, and Sophistemon :smallwink: ... So, why are you playing as Verdandi? Please, spare me the confusion.))

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 06:51 PM
((Because we are indeed the same person. And no, I only have Vael/Verdandi's avatars in my sig. My avatars. The guy who looks like the Gent is the Dancing Man))

Verdandi lets Lillah put her arms around her, then suddenly pulls back and away. No... you can't. You're not her. Don't touch me!

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 06:53 PM
Gent looks to Verdandi. "Good evening. What can I do for you?"

McBish
2007-02-20, 06:54 PM
Lillah calmly steps away. Ok Vera, I'm sorry. She pulls out a small bag and places it on the counter That should cover it.

((Vera and Vael are the same.))

Blood
2007-02-20, 06:58 PM
((You know, I could have sworn that the two of you had different personalities. Now I have to remember every time I interacted with either of "you" and put that together... :smalleek:))

Rell gives Verdandi a sidelong glance. "Verdandi, I ask you now. Are you willing to receive help? Keep in mind that we can help you overcome whatever this is. I will not bother you about this again if you refuse help now, so please, think about this. Do you want help?"

((Oh, I forgot, Lillah: She might recognize Rell's voice - once from a while ago, when he encountered Lillah and Kyrian in Trog's, and told her that he was once blind, and the second time at Alarra's Gems, where he nearly killed Blood (he was possessed at the time).))

AmberVael
2007-02-20, 07:03 PM
((Hehehe, like I said, I'm a ninja))

Verdandi picks up the clothes and flees the shop.

McBish
2007-02-20, 07:06 PM
Lillah sighs. Men. She turns and quickly follows Vera.

((She probably would remember the voice, but she is a bit busy right now.))

Vyse
2007-02-20, 07:08 PM
Amman wakes up. "Hey, Rell. What'd I miss?"

Blood
2007-02-20, 07:14 PM
((Is Vyse Amman?))

Rell sighs heavily at Verdandi, then raises an eyebrow at Lillah's remark. He places the bag of coins in the safe, and walks back over to the counter.

Blood
2007-02-20, 07:38 PM
Rell looks over at Amman. "Quite a bit. The OmniShop is attracting more people nowadays." Rell sighs. "I'm going to leave for a bit."

Rell disappears in a flash of light.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 07:58 PM
Ekrath ((Or Erika perhaps?)) walks in. He ((She)) walks up to the counter.
I hate this place. Some prankster god got in a fight with Saito. So what does the other god due? He changes me into a girl. And left me a note that said "Good morning Erika" It's Ekrath! EKRATH!

((Three cheers for GB week!))

Blood
2007-02-20, 08:02 PM
Rell reappears at the counter in a flash of white light. He looks worried and tired. Rell glances at Ekrath Erika. "I'm heading to bed, but I'm sure an NPC will help you." Rell disappears to his room. He takes his weekly salary from the safe it appeared in, and stuffs it into a bag in one of his pockets. He eats a quick dinner, and slips into bed.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 08:03 PM
Gent smiles. "It does appear that we're becoming a bit more popular."

He sighs.

"It reminds me of the old days, really. Good times."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 08:08 PM
...I hate the world. So much that it hurts.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 08:45 PM
Gent turns to Ekrath. "I'm sorry to hear that, Ekrath."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 08:55 PM
Ekrath glares at Gent
Just because I'm a girl until Saito can reverse this doesn't mean I can't open up a can of paladin whoop ass on you. You know, just for the record.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:05 PM
Gent smiles. "Whatever you say, Ekrath. Have you written any new books lately?"

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 09:08 PM
I'm not even joking. Stop laughing. STOP IT! To answer your question yes I have. The Complete Guide to Liches.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:10 PM
"I'm not laughing, Ekrath. In fact, I have Belts of Gender Reversal that you could wear until this Saito cures you."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 09:12 PM
...I've got billions of gold pieces and there are a bunch of shops here. Don't you think I've tried that? It doesn't work. It's a god's curse. Only another god can cure it and the elder gods have decreed that no other gods can intervene in Saito and the other god's fight.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:13 PM
Gent frowns. "I see. Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're back to normal as soon as possible."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 09:15 PM
THAT WON"T HELP!...Sorry Gent. Getting familiar with the new hormones isn't easy. Mood swings suck ass.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 09:17 PM
Maph'tey looks up from his dinner and points out his new Vael Brand Vaelatar™. He also points out that the tail is about as big around as his thigh at its base and smoothly tapers to the width seen in the picture and is, further, usually held erect behind himself, but that his player didn't have the heart to get Vael to change it. Not to mention that it would make it hard to see.

"This saffron rice is amazing," he comments.

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:18 PM
Gent chuckles without meaning too. "I can imagine."

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 09:22 PM
Maph'tey looks Ekrath... Ekratha? over. He thinks for a moment, then points at 'her' with his chop-sticks.

"I could try using polymorph any on you," he offers.

Goblin Music
2007-02-20, 09:23 PM
Valic snaps out of his Dead-Time-Zone can you tell me about these gesturing to the Revolvers.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-20, 09:25 PM
((dead time zone I believe...))

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:26 PM
Gent looks over. "Those are revolvers, sir. Each one can hold a set of eight bullets. Best used in pairs."

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 09:29 PM
((Since I made up the name on the spot I don't think it matters too much.))

Gentbot addresses the revolver wielding goblin.

Response: Those are fire-arms, meatbag.

Description: They use a chemical propellant to throw a metal slug at great speeds.

Gory Detail: Usually for the purpose of making a messy hole in an enemy.

Query: Would you like to buy one, meatbag?

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:31 PM
((I love having friends that can cover for me.

I feel really lazy. Look at my last few posts. They've been really minimalistic.))

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 09:33 PM
Maph'tey looks Ekrath... Ekratha? over. He thinks for a moment, then points at 'her' with his chop-sticks.

"I could try using polymorph any on you," he offers.
((I think we're going with Erika))
Again it won't work.

Goblin Music
2007-02-20, 09:37 PM
These are nice holding up a pair of magic .38 special revolvers with ivory grips how dos 50 Pp sound, and 40 Gp for bullets?

(Valic is a raptoran)

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 09:44 PM
((Indeed. Mimicking the speech patterns of the Coolest. Robot. EVER (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=93). Is a reward unto itself. I'm going to be going to a study group in a few minutes by the way.))

Maph'tey quirks an eyebrow at Ekrath, wondering if she managed to get stuck in a dead time zone. There seem to be lots of those in the OmniShop. Maybe because of all the universe bending forces flying around.

"It's nice to see more people coming to the shop," he comments as he sits on a newly created stool and begins to carve a newly created grapefruit sized diamond.

He glances over at Erika.

"Somehow I find it hard to believe that the elder gods are going out of their way to let one of their underlings play a juvenile prank on you," he says, sounding incredulous. "One would think that they have better things to do."

Sophistemon
2007-02-20, 09:48 PM
Gent chuckles, but quickly frowns. "One of my experiments is... malfunctioning. I need to fix it. Please excuse me; it may take a while." He stands and walks very quickly to the basement door. He shuts and locks it behind him.

((Goodnight everybody. See you tomorrow.))

Raistlin1040
2007-02-20, 10:06 PM
It's some kind of battle between gods. No other gods can interfere in the fight. So Saito is the only one who can reverse it. The elder gods are TN. They don't care about paladins.

Rebonack
2007-02-20, 11:53 PM
"They still sound like a bunch of petty jackasses," Maph'tey comments as he continues to carve the inanely large diamond. It isn't clear what it's going to be yet. "They're gods. Ostensibly they're supposed to be overseeing things that are important. Not bickering with each other and changing people's internal plumbing around."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 12:14 AM
The small mouse in the corner that has been nibbling on grain all day walks up and speaks.
Some gods are just like mortals and act as such. Mortals don't always focus on things that are important, so there you have it.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 12:23 AM
Maph'tey glances up from his carving at the mouse.

"They should have their god privileges revoked, then. If they can't wield the powers of primal forces like responsible adults then they shouldn't get to wield them at all."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 12:40 AM
The mouse nods.
I agree, but if the gods have the power, most mortals will just have to live with it. Theoretically they could cease believing in said deity, that usually works.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 12:45 AM
"Or you could use a spell of such reality shattering power that it can strip a god of their divinity," Maph'tey comments as he works on his carving. "But I suppose convincing people that most gods are petty jerks would work too. That is, unless they smite you first for trying to sway their followers."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-21, 12:52 AM
Erika shrugs
I guess I just have to wait until Saito can figure out how to fix this.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 12:54 AM
A grin slowly crawls across Maph'tey's face.

"Or you could go somewhere where the gods don't have any power to influence things."

Raistlin1040
2007-02-21, 01:02 AM
I don't think that would work for me. I'd lose all my powers. I'm a favoredsoul/Paladin. I'd be helpless.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 01:07 AM
"I mean only temporarily," Maph'tey responds. "Just long enough to fix your current case of gender bending."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 01:08 AM
Eh, I think its more interesting when people stop believing in the deities personally, though it is much more difficult.
It blinks.
I've noticed that a lot of people are experiencing this 'gender-bending'. Why?
((I'm keeping my people out of G-B week for the sake of my inability to remember that they changed if I did get them involved))

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 01:24 AM
"I don't necessarily think it's 'interesting' when people loose their faith, but most gods I've learned much of anything about seem pretty universally petty and annoying," Maph'tey comments. "There seem to be a few that honestly care about mortals, but they're few and far between."

He thinks for a moment.

"Now that you mention it, I've been noticing lots of the sex changing stuff lately too. No idea why."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 01:36 AM
I'm trying my best to ignore it all....
I too have noticed very few deities that actially care for mortals, let alone their worshippers. Its odd really, you'd think they would at least pay attention to the people foolishly placing themselves at their mercy.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 01:45 AM
Maph'tey continues to carve his ridiculously large diamond.

"Some Realms have a really awful afterlife for people who don't worship a patron god. Like getting used as a block in a wall of damned people while you wait for a demon to come and start tormenting you. Nasty stuff. I can imagine it's a good way of keeping the gods in power though. Rule through fear."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 02:02 AM
Yes, that has to be pretty effective. I try to ignore that too.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 02:11 AM
"Fortunately for me Old Prancibald built a series of fail-safes into me to keep me around in case I die. Fortunately because I'm sure there's more than one god who would like to torment me for eternity for my sin. And the fact that I have done a good job of pissing several of them off pretty well."

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 02:15 AM
It seems angering a god is easier than pleasing one....wait, everything's like that...nevermind then.
So you're a creation of a sorts then? I've been hanging around here and heard your story already, quite interesting.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 02:19 AM
"In the same way an Owl Bear is a creation I suppose," Maph'tey responds.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 02:22 AM
The only difference being that owl bears are an entire species, whereas you are but an single being.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 02:28 AM
"That's mainly because Old Prancibald learned a valuable lesson about giving the monsters he creates the ability to breed," Maph'tey responds bitterly.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 02:30 AM
The mouse grins and nods.
It would be interesting to see a whole species of people like you. The world wouldn't survive it most likely, but it would be interesting while it lasted.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 02:44 AM
"You heard my story then. You know just how... destructive I can be if I simply follow my nature instead of practicing constant self restraint," he sighs. "I honestly doubt that Old Prancibald had ever intended his little 'key' to be able to do what I can do. He never really considered the consequences of creating something like me."

The Traveler continues to carve. The sculpture is taking on the shape of something still lumpy and indistinct with one of its forelegs gripping a rock while it is lifting the rest of its body off the ground. The creature, which is what it appears as though it is going to be, looks like it is going to end up being quadrupedal. A large mass of un-worked gem is still clinging to its back and where its head should eventually be.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 02:50 AM
Many beings don't think things through properly and that's what leads to many of the problems in the universe. This, naturally, includes gods.

Rebonack
2007-02-21, 02:53 AM
"I think I can agree with that," Maph'tey responds. He suddenly has a vacant look cross his face. "I'm going to have to go. I'm going to need all of me back home for a while."

A sigil ringed portal suddenly appears below the Traveler which he drops through, stool and all. The rift promptly closes behind him.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 02:55 AM
The mouse waves slightly and returns to nibbling on grains.

Blood
2007-02-21, 07:24 AM
Rell appears downstairs in a flash of light, and sits behind the counter. He looks over at Fydan, who is apparently still in a dead time zone. Rell begins to doze.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 11:54 AM
Verdandi comes into the OmniShop and looks around for an NPC. Finally she finds one, who gives her directions to the aisle she is looking for. She begins hunting through it, looking for exactly what she wants.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-21, 12:19 PM
Gongjin approaches.
Statement: May I help you miss?

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:21 PM
I... was just looking. Verdandi is looking through different ways to get a house built.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-21, 12:24 PM
Query: Are you looking to build a house?
Statement:I could loan you a few of the guards to help. They are very strong.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:27 PM
Well... I'm just thinking about it.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:27 PM
Kyrian appears and looks around. Verdandi, are you here?

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:29 PM
Verdandi pulls her wings closer to herself and tries to remain hidden behind the shelves and aisles.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:30 PM
*sigh*...I know you're here Verdandi. I just wanted to know why all your stuff was gone. I'm...worried.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:31 PM
Verdandi very quietly keeps looking through the store's selection.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:33 PM
Please, just answer me that. I know I made some mistakes with you when we first met, but I've only seen you now as a friend I can trust. Verdandi...I want to help you.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-21, 12:35 PM
Sensing a private conversation Gongjin walks back to the counter, not wanting to eavesdrop.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:36 PM
Verdandi picks up a small item which will instantly build a house according to its specifications. She begins looking through other buildings.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:37 PM
Kyrian spots the aisle Verdandi is in, but stands away from her. Please, say something.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:39 PM
Verdandi glances at him and then goes back to looking through items.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:41 PM
Kyrian takes a single step forward, to judge her reaction.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:44 PM
Verdandi raises her wings a little higher in a defensive manner.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:45 PM
Kyrian stops, and sighs. Verdandi...

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:48 PM
My life has been ruined... I don't want to ruin yours. Verdandi doesn't look towards him.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:48 PM
Ruin mine? Then let Lillah and I help. It'll ruin my life if I lose a good friend like you.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:53 PM
There isn't anything left to help! Just go! Verdandi doesn't show any sign that she is crying other than her tears. As she is mostly turned away from Kyrian, he might not notice.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:55 PM
...There's our friendship...

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:56 PM
Just go... Verdandi picks something else up and starts to walk past Kyrian.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-21, 12:57 PM
Gongjin looks to the ground, wanting to help but not wanting to interfere.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry Verdandi... Kyrian wipes a couple of tears from his eyes and heads for the door.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 12:59 PM
Verdandi goes over to the counter, crying but refusing to acknowledge her tears. I think this will cover it. She sets a very large bag of platinum on the table.

Kyrian
2007-02-21, 01:00 PM
Kyrian leaves.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 01:06 PM
Verdandi takes her items and leaves.

Sophistemon
2007-02-21, 03:03 PM
Gent opens the basement door and steps through, locking it behind him. He is covered in blood though, because the blood is fuschia, it can be concluded that he isn't the one that's hurt. He Bends himself clean and takes his seat behind the counter.

Blood
2007-02-21, 03:09 PM
Rell snaps out of his doze, and looks around. He spots Gent sitting next to him, and says hello. He then goes in an out of his doze as his player comes online and goes offline.

Nevrmore
2007-02-21, 05:00 PM
An explosion rocks the area. Everyone inside the shop remain unharmed, but the sound from it alone is enough to swallow up any potential sound like a dead man in an angry sea. The horrible sounds of war last for several seconds before dying away.

Sophistemon
2007-02-21, 05:09 PM
Gent looks around. "What in the world was that?"

Nevrmore
2007-02-21, 05:16 PM
((T'would be what happens when two constructs of deific origin suddenly strip themselves of their mortality and have the absoluteness of their energy masses collide))