PDA

View Full Version : role-playing tips for druid

RagingDemon
2014-06-03, 05:36 PM
Hey I need a bit of advice, having a bit of writers block in a sense. I made a druid (level 2) for a new campaign, we've only had one session so far next one is tonight.

So skipping to the point I need done role-playing tips as I've never played a druid before now and would like to do my best. Anything helps develop this character. I've already got the backstory together but can't quite get the personality done.

He is a human, about 6 feet tall, biggest thing about him is I made him blind for a bit of flavor. I figured out would make a challenge and some interesting role-playing situations. His animal companion is his seeing eye dog that he is very connected to. His alignment is NG and he is extremely kind hearted with a respect for all life. But in situations where I have to talk I feel.... bland.*I need something to make conversations and everything more interesting than pain bland character. I need him memorable and not just a nuisance on the party. Feats consist of blind fight and spell focus contain.

Grayson01
2014-06-03, 06:19 PM
What is his/her motivation?
What drives him/her?
What conects the Druid to the world?
What are some of his/her goals?

Start with that. Might be easier for us to give personality adivce once we figure that out.

RagingDemon
2014-06-03, 06:41 PM
What is his/her motivation?
What drives him/her?
What conects the Druid to the world?
What are some of his/her goals?

Start with that. Might be easier for us to give personality adivce once we figure that out.
Well motivation would be to prove to himself that his disability isn't a disability. He wants to prove he can be more than an inconvenience.

Drive would have to be to prove that his master didn't put false faith into him by putting so many years into teaching a blind man magic.

I don't know what ties him to the world....

And his goal is to help cleanse the world of so much evil as the campaign setting deals with a lot of political corruption and moral corruption in the world leading to a very war mongering tyrannical governor system.