PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gunslinger Double-Barreled Pistol Pathfinder

Ysylla
2014-06-03, 09:11 PM
I am new to Pathfinder and I am in need of help with my gunslinger as of right now i am a lvl 3 Human Pistolero, with a double-barreled pistol. The DM has that being able to fire both barrels at the same time would need two standard actions. I cannot find anywhere that it needs anything special to be able to fire both barrels at the same time. I have Rapid Reload, point-blank shot, and precise shot as feats.

I just want to be able to do more damage. Thanks for the help.

jjcrpntr
2014-06-03, 09:17 PM
This pistol has two parallel barrels; each barrel can be fired independently as a separate action, or both can be shot at once with the same action. If both barrels are shot at once, they must both target the same creature or object, and the pistol becomes wildly inaccurate, imparting a –4 penalty on each shot.

I would read this as if you have a second attack in a round you could fire both barrels and not worry about reloading inbetween. Or as a single full action you could fire both shots at one target with a -4.

I could see your DM's ruling if you were firing both shots at different targets since it says you could fire them independently as separate actions.

Ysylla
2014-06-03, 09:22 PM
I have read that :smallsmile:. Yeah i just want to be able to Shot both barrels at one target. So that would use a full action to be able to do? the rest of the gunslinger class confuses me on how ppl get so many shots off during a round.

Renen
2014-06-03, 09:31 PM
You got 2 options, you can go for Gundolon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?212964-PF-Pimp-my-Eidolon-Gundolon) or you can go for reload shenanigans, making reloading a free action, but being rather expensive especially at low levels.

Ysylla
2014-06-03, 09:50 PM
I have paper cartridges so reloading is a free action with rapid reload.

grarrrg
2014-06-03, 10:08 PM
I have read that :smallsmile:. Yeah i just want to be able to Shot both barrels at one target. So that would use a full action to be able to do?

Anytime you have the option to make an attack with your gun, you can instead fire both barrels at the same target, with a -4 penalty to hit.
Assuming you have Free action reloads, then with 6 Bab you could do any of the following:
1) Single shot at +6, Single shot at +1
2) Double shot at +2, Single shot at +1
3) Single shot at +6, Double shot at -3
4) Double shot at +2, Double shot at -3

Both shots of a double shot must target the same creature/thing. So regardless of which of the above, you can only ever hit 2 targets.

the rest of the gunslinger class confuses me on how ppl get so many shots off during a round.
Cartridges + Rapid Reload feat gives Free Action reloads.
Using various methods to be able to reload/use 2 Pistols for Two-Weapon Fighting.
Gundolon for more dakka (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoreDakka)

Ysylla
2014-06-03, 10:16 PM
Thank you so much grarrrg. So I will be able to make more the one shot starting at lvl 6 when my BAB becomes 6.

Ysylla
2014-06-03, 10:21 PM
:smallsmile: Everyone is being so helpful. Thank You :smallsmile:

stack
2014-06-04, 07:55 AM
Don't forget rapid shot!

upho
2014-06-04, 02:41 PM
Thank you so much grarrrg. So I will be able to make more the one shot starting at lvl 6 when my BAB becomes 6.No, it means you can fire both barrels whenever you would normally be able to fire at all. Starting at level 1.

Pulling one or both triggers once (one single or twin shot vs. one target) is a standard action, and doing it more than once in the same round demands a full round action and iterative attacks (BAB +6 or greater). All twin shots take a -4 to attack rolls. So a full attack would be just as Grarrrg showed (albeit often with an extra single or twin attack from Rapid Shot, adding more penalties on top).

This pistol has two parallel barrels; each barrel can be fired independently as a separate action, or both can be shot at once with the same action. If both barrels are shot at once, they must both target the same creature or object, and the pistol becomes wildly inaccurate, imparting a –4 penalty on each shot.

I would read this as if you have a second attack in a round you could fire both barrels and not worry about reloading inbetween. Or as a single full action you could fire both shots at one target with a -4.

I could see your DM's ruling if you were firing both shots at different targets since it says you could fire them independently as separate actions.No, the description says: "both can be shot at once with the same action" (my emphasis). In terms of the action required, the only difference between firing one barrel and both is whether your trigger finger pulls on one trigger or both simultaneously. If a secondary attack was required to fire both barrels, what would be the point of paying more for a double-barreled pistol instead of a normal single-barreled one?

jjcrpntr
2014-06-04, 04:34 PM
No, the description says: "both can be shot at once with the same action" (my emphasis). In terms of the action required, the only difference between firing one barrel and both is whether your trigger finger pulls on one trigger or both simultaneously. If a secondary attack was required to fire both barrels, what would be the point of paying more for a double-barreled pistol instead of a normal single-barreled one?

Ya that was what I meant. I worded it poorly.As a standard action you can fire both at a single target with a -4 on the attack roll, or as a full round fire each barrel at different targets without penalty if you have the BAB for it.

upho
2014-06-04, 06:06 PM
Ya that was what I meant. I worded it poorly.As a standard action you can fire both at a single target with a -4 on the attack roll, or as a full round fire each barrel at different targets without penalty if you have the BAB for it.Ah, I see. Not easy to describe without risk of misinterpretation (even less so if taking different reload actions into account), I guess.