PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Melee gunslinger..thing, does it exist? [3.5]

Teapot Salty
2014-06-03, 09:39 PM
Hey guys. So I absolutely love the flavor of pathfinders gunslinger, except for one aspect, and that is the reliance on ranged weapons. (I can't do it man, I love melee) So I'm asking, does a similar class, exist that favors, or at least likes melee equally, and is in 3.5? What source book, or is it homebrewed? Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

Roadie
2014-06-03, 09:50 PM
Swashbuckler from the Advanced Class Guide playtest has similar general mechanics, though with no firearm-related abilities.

Snowbluff
2014-06-03, 09:53 PM
There's that... but in 3.5 you'll have to settle for a well designed class like the Warblade.

Guns are a variant rule in 3.5. They don't suck.

Chaosvii7
2014-06-03, 09:54 PM
Advanced Race Guide has a Gunslinger Archetype for Humans called the Buccaneer(I think; It's definitely there but I can't recall the name). It's basically designed to fight with a sword in one hand and a pistol in the other.

Also, guns are very close range weapons to capitalize on their best aspect; They hit Touch AC within their first range increment(which isn't spectacularly long with most simple firearms).

Teapot Salty
2014-06-03, 10:07 PM
Not liking guns is mostly a flavor thing, not a OMG they suck. Anyway, thanks for the help

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-06-03, 10:33 PM
If you want something with similar mechanics in 3.5, Poison Rings from Dragon Comp (or mag, forgot) deal 1 damage on a touch attack. If you have class features that add bonus damage, that can get pretty nice.