PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [Pathfinder] Wishmaster Sorcerer Help

Callos_DeTerran
2014-06-04, 01:25 AM
Okie-dokie, this is really, really simple. I have a character that I've made for a bunch of people who are, quite literally, brand new to RPGs and know very, very little about the system or the normal conventions of role-playing. It is, basically, a chance to let go and relax my more...competitive side of building characters in my more regular RL games but here's the thing. The DM specifically asked me to join to help out the new players, y'know...let them take the lead when it comes to role-playing but act as a reference guide for rules and helping them out in combat and 'how' to do things but not necessarily 'what' to do. To this end I came to the decision to play a Wisdom impaired Ifrit Wishmaster (so as to be perfectly fine going along with any hare-brained schemes they come up with) but here's my dilemma...the Wishmaster bonus spells. First, am I reading it right that, unlike normal Sorcerer bonus spells that my bonus spells will always be one level behind what a normal sorcerer's would be? That seems to be the trade off to being able to pick any spell that I might otherwise want.

Two: I'm going for very, very broad versatility with a lot of my character's spells to get the most out of their Wishbound Arcana ability, both the negative and positive aspects of it but with a touch of showmanship to them as well. I need help actually figuring out my spell selection in this regard cause, normally, I pick a theme or specific role and go from there...my role this time is 'be capable of doing almost anything' and a potential spell list is giving me a lot of trouble. We're only level 1 right now and I only know Snapdragon Fireworks and Color Spray, but that means bloodline spells and other spells are on the way and I'd like some advice on this..