PDA

View Full Version : Does this work the way I think it does?

Wolfsraine
2014-06-04, 06:46 PM
Tiefling Dark Template (oni spawn)

Level 1, Swordsage 1: Normal Feat; Disciple of Darkness

Level 2, Fighter 1: Fighter Bonus Feat; Power Attack

Level 3, Fighter 2: Normal Feat; Combat Expertise, Fighter Bonus Feat; Dodge

Level 4, Fighter 3:

Level 5, Fighter 4: Normal Feat; Mobility, Fighter Bonus Feat; Spring Attack

Level 6, Fighter 5:

Level 7, Fighter 6: Normal Feat; Blind-Fighting, Fighter Bonus Feat; Lightning Mace

Level 8, Disciple of Dispater 1:

Level 9, Disciple of Dispater 2: Normal Feat; Improved Critical; Scimitar

Level 10, Disciple of Dispater 3:

Level 11, Disciple of Dispater 4: Normal Feat; Moonlight Stalker

Level 12, Swordsage 2: Assassins Stance, Shadow Jaunt

Level 13, Telflammar Shadowlord 1: Normal Feat; Bleeding Critical; 2d6 bleed on crit (stacks)

Level 14, Telflammar Shadowlord 2:

Level 15, Telflammar Shadowlord 3: Normal Feat; Adaptive Style

Level 16, Telflammar Shadowlord 4:

Level 17, Swordsage 3: Normal Feat; Two Weapon Fighting, Shadow Step

Stats before race and level ups

Str 18
Dex 16
Con 16
Int 14
Wis 16
Chr 10

After race and level ups and gear

Str 30
Dex 22
Con 22
Int 20
Wis 24
Chr 14

BaB +15

Gear: +6 Belt of Physical ****
+6 Helm of Mental ****
+5 Adaptive Scimitar of Enfeebling
+5 Adaptive Scimitar of Enfeebling
+5 Mithral Chain Shirt
+5 Amulet of Natural Armor
+5 Ring of Protection
Custom Anklet of Translocation Unlimited uses

AC = 10+wis(7)+dex(6)+armor(9)+dodge(1)+natural(5)+defl ection(5)= 43 base

Attack Sequence: +30, +30, +25, +20 11-20 crit, extra attack on every threat

Can full attack after any teleport.

I can use a swift action to anklet- full attack, then I can shadow step as a move action- full attack, then I can shadow jaunt as a standard- full attack. Then spend 1 full round recovering all maneuvers with the adaptive style feat, and during any fullround action you can use a swift action to anklet and full attack. So everyone other round you get to make 3 full attacks?

Is this correct? And also, I'm sure I'm well over the wealth amount for a character of this level. If someone would be so kind to let me know how much these items I have listed actually cost. That'd be awesome! Thanks!

Khedrac
2014-06-05, 06:35 AM
The only answer to this really has to be "ask your DM".

Ignoring the attempted full attack after teleport abuse, you have several problems in the build which are automatic "ask your DM":

1) You have taken a bonus feat every odd level, this is (afaik) a Pathfinder option and most of your classes are nothing to do with Pathfinder being D&D setting specific.
2) Disciple of Dispater comes from the BoVD which is a 3.0 book - and thus is subject to DM approval/modification on conversion to 3.5 (and especially to PF).
3) Your Belt and Helm are custom items - DM approval (try a Belt of Magnificence +6 which boosts all stats).
4) Your custom Anklets are (again) up to the DM to approve.

Dread_Head
2014-06-05, 07:22 AM
The multiple full attack routine should work exactly like that, your attack bonuses should possibly be slightly higher as well, you don't include the +5 from the weapon (but then again you don't include the penalties from TWF either).

How are you qualifying for Telflammar Shadowlord's Dimension Door ability? You have teleports available from Swordsage but you specifically need Dimension Door to enter Telflammar Shadowlord.

For the item prices look them up in your DMG and/or Magic Item Compendium or on the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicItems.htm).

PraxisVetli
2014-06-05, 10:44 AM
Dimension Door can be skipped if you grab Shadow Walker template.
Which if you can do buyoff, certainly isn't the worst idea.

Wolfsraine
2014-06-05, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the replies guys!

Posted this in a hurry from work so I kinda forgot to explain anything lol.

The game is a 3.5 game using pathfinder feat progression and the pathfinder races. I wasn't aware that the disciple was from a 3.0 book so I'll talk to my DM about that. As far as the items go, I just assumed pathfinder and 3.5 items were the same.

I meant for the character to have the Shadaow Walker template, I just got confused with the name and wrote Dark template. Which is obviously a template of its own lol.

I thought I did include the weapons, bab 15+str 10+ weapon 5= 30. Am I missing something else? The TWF penalties are there, theyre just negated by the Moonlight Stalker feat +2 attack/+2 damage when you have concealment (which is a pathfinder feat).

I appreciate the replies. Do you guys have any item suggestions that do give the use of a swift action teleport that actually exist with unlimited uses?

Dread_Head
2014-06-05, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

Posted this in a hurry from work so I kinda forgot to explain anything lol.

The game is a 3.5 game using pathfinder feat progression and the pathfinder races. I wasn't aware that the disciple was from a 3.0 book so I'll talk to my DM about that. As far as the items go, I just assumed pathfinder and 3.5 items were the same.

I meant for the character to have the Shadaow Walker template, I just got confused with the name and wrote Dark template. Which is obviously a template of its own lol.

I thought I did include the weapons, bab 15+str 10+ weapon 5= 30. Am I missing something else? The TWF penalties are there, theyre just negated by the Moonlight Stalker feat +2 attack/+2 damage when you have concealment (which is a pathfinder feat).

I appreciate the replies. Do you guys have any item suggestions that do give the use of a swift action teleport that actually exist with unlimited uses?

Ah ok the use of the template works fine for entry.
My mistake, I had a brain fart and thought 30str was a +15 modifier for some reason. Exams are slowly but steadily frying my brain :(
Just get multiple Anklets and trade them out after each encounter? Or you can use the stacking magical items rules to add an extra set of uses for *1.5 the price as many times as you want. The other good way to get Swift action teleports would be to dip Wizard 1 for the abrupt aunt ACF.