PDA

View Full Version : Am looking forward to d&d 5e...

CyberThread
2014-06-05, 02:13 AM
I think, I am just wanting something new to talk about. I have done 3.5 on this forum for over 10 years, and it is just time for something new to talk about! I look forward to a system that is more like 3.5 then 4e, and seems to be that 3.75 we sorta hope that pathfinder would have been .

I look forward to entering another age of discovering new ways to abuse things, and theoretical builds , that we use to have in 2005-2008.

Am not going to play 5e, just because it is 5e, but to recapture the raw race of power and optimization that we use to have on the forums, I feel like we are a bunch of old retired vetrens talking about the good ole days, and telling the younger posters about how lucky they are to have sword sages, back in our day all we had was Monks, and we LIKED IT!

HammeredWharf
2014-06-05, 02:38 AM
I feel like we are a bunch of old retired vetrens talking about the good ole days, and telling the younger posters about how lucky they are to have sword sages, back in our day all we had was Monks, and we LIKED IT!

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to going back to monks. Too bad it looks like that's exactly what's going to happen. 5e seems to use Core as its main inspiration and that's a big mistake IMO. Core is the worst part of 3.5e.

shadowseve
2014-06-05, 05:38 AM
Don't know if I'll ever leave 3.5. Too much $$$ invested. So many resources available.

Umbranar
2014-06-05, 06:38 AM
Don't know if I'll ever leave 3.5. Too much $$$ invested. So many resources available.

I know that my group will not budge and stick to 3.5. Yes some things are stupidly broken (for good or bad) but we have a lot of books and know the system pretty well.

slaydemons
2014-06-05, 07:59 AM
I am hoping it won't be ridiculous to spell casters like 4e was, I hope they realized in stream lining it too much and making it like an mmo makes me think, "why not just play an mmo?"

jjcrpntr
2014-06-05, 08:04 AM
The group I'm running started off in 5E playtest and hated it. I know a lot has changed since then but they all hated it so I talked them into switching it to pathfinder. Wasn't that hard of a sell. I may pick up the core book when it comes out and read through it but I doubt I'll switch from pathfinder. As someone said, too much money invested in it (and I've only gotten a few books/minis over the last 6 months I've been running it compared to some of you guys here), and way to many resources out there.

Ansem
2014-06-05, 08:46 AM
Amen to you OP.

LordBlades
2014-06-05, 08:47 AM
My group will consider it, and most of us are at least looking forward to trying it. After almost 10 years of playing 3.5 I (and many of my friends) feel like we've seen it all. It's hard for me to build a character I find fun that's not similar to or a combination of mechanics I've used before. Therefore we've done quite a bit if experimenting with other systems (SW Saga, FFGs WH40K RPGs, oWoD) but we ended up going back to 3.5 because overall it is more fun. Maybe Next will be the next best thing.

CyberThread
2014-06-05, 05:50 PM
Amen to you OP.

Wanting me that bad to leave the 3.5 forums ? :P

If folks haven't noticed my posting has been really down of late.

VoxRationis
2014-06-05, 06:17 PM
It is unlikely. If I were to make a change, I'd probably switch to 2nd, see if I can pick up a few old books in a used bookstore or something. Everyone seems to want a series of exponentially increasing abilities, to be able to shout around to everyone how over-the-top badass their character is. I want to make sword-and-sorcery characters.