PDA

View Full Version : TP on GC

Krytha
2007-02-20, 12:51 PM
Has anyone bought this? Is there a noticeable difference other than the controls? I want to play it on the Wii but can't buy it or my life goes straight to hell. It's bad enough that I'm about an inch from buying it on the cube and someone telling me no and why will delay the inevitable a little longer. The problem is - I theorize the longer I delay, the more likely the game is spoiled for me or that I spoil it for myself.

Eldred
2007-02-21, 03:13 PM
My friend has the GC version of Twilight Princess and I have the Wii, so we were able to compare. As far as we could tell there was only 1 difference: the maps are mirrored. Other than that, everything is the same. So you're not missing out if you get it on the GC or the Wii.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-21, 03:26 PM
As pointed out, it's practically the same game on Gamecube (but displayed in regular, Link uses his sword in left hand format). The graphics might be a hair less sharp if you're using an HDTV, but that would be the only noticeable difference.

rabish12
2007-02-21, 07:20 PM
If you have a widescreen television then the Wii version can be displayed in widescreen. The game can also be displayed in 480p (it looks better) if you have an EDTV or HDTV and the proper cables, but older Gamecube models can do that as well. Finally, the maps in the Wii version are mirrored left-to-right, as is Link (he's supposed to be left-handed). Finally, the Wii version has this annoying fairy pointer thing that's always on the screen, whether or not you're actually doing something that uses the pointer, and turning it off removes the parts of the game that actually have an advantage from the controls (mostly aiming and menu/inventory navigation).

J_Muller
2007-02-21, 07:32 PM
I have the GC version. It's just as excellent as the previous one, though I'm currently stuck in the coliseum/prison thingy.

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-21, 08:33 PM
Very near the end of the game, but sorta stuck.

I felt that the dungeons have been great in this dungeon, especially the last proper one (don't want to give it away) but hopefully others will know which one I'm referring to. Best Zelda dungeon in my opinion, up there with Stone Tower and the Spirit Temple.

But I felt that it was lacking something. I just felt that the Zelda heart wasn't there. It was so present in WW that you could ignore it's flaws, but here the game just feels a bit empty. Still enjoyed it though, but it felt a bit off.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-21, 09:18 PM
The boss battle in

The Arbiter's Grounds, especially using the spinning top on the walls, was amazing

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-22, 06:37 AM
The boss fights were fantastic, especially fot CiS. But weren't they a bit too easy if you'd played through other Zelda games? The boss of ToT was so easy I could have done it in my sleep! Many of the minibosses rocked too.

Sorry, don't know how to do spoilers...

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-22, 01:19 PM
Just put Aeris dies in FF7!, and that'll give you:

Aeris dies in FF7!

Though, speaking of Twilight Princess's boss battles:

The battle with the boss of the Temple of Time was very simplistic, but I'm finding that certain battles are actually pretty hard for me. The boss battle in the forest temple struck me as difficult, and the Goron Champion miniboss in Death Mountain's mines was also pretty tough.

Words can't describe my hatred for the final boss of the Arbiter's Grounds, though. It was an awesome visual (my roommate and I are playing through seperately, and I first saw it when she was playing), but actually having to beat him myself was as frustrating for me as it was amusing to watch her. There were quite a few times I didn't quite make it to the top and had to do it all over again... and the spikes travelling along the walls with you during the later portions were a satanic addition.

Likewise, the boss of the City in the Sky, Argorok, was a pain to beat. Not because he was hard, but because it took me a little while to figure out I had to use the metal boots with the clawshot because it was 4 am.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-22, 01:32 PM
Just put Aeris dies in FF7!, and that'll give you:

Aeris dies in FF7!

Though, speaking of Twilight Princess's boss battles:

The battle with the boss of the Temple of Time was very simplistic, but I'm finding that certain battles are actually pretty hard for me. The boss battle in the forest temple struck me as difficult, and the Goron Champion miniboss in Death Mountain's mines was also pretty tough.

Words can't describe my hatred for the final boss of the Arbiter's Grounds, though. It was an awesome visual (my roommate and I are playing through seperately, and I first saw it when she was playing), but actually having to beat him myself was as frustrating for me as it was amusing to watch her. There were quite a few times I didn't quite make it to the top and had to do it all over again... and the spikes travelling along the walls with you during the later portions were a satanic addition.

Likewise, the boss of the City in the Sky, Argorok, was a pain to beat. Not because he was hard, but because it took me a little while to figure out I had to use the metal boots with the clawshot because it was 4 am.

BrokenButterfly
2007-02-22, 04:03 PM
As regards that Stalord from the Arbiter's Grounds...I really liked that boss myself, but I found the first part of the battle to be the trickier part. Spinning off the side and rolling to his back seemed to be up to luck, depending on where he randomly drew up stone statues. Although I didn't have a problem with him, it was a great use of a one-use item.

That Lanky Bugger
2007-02-22, 04:15 PM
The reason it takes a while is because although you do destroy the statues when you run into him, each time you do he spawns more statues to be destroyed before you can get at him. If you destroy a lot of the statues quickly, he's left defenseless again.

Once you figure that out, he dies a LOT quicker. My roommate didn't figure it out and the battle took her around forty minutes. I did the first part in about five. XD