PDA

View Full Version : Larger-than-HD Polymorphing

kardar233
2014-06-05, 03:25 AM
I was just in the RAW Q&A thread asking whether Shapechange can get you into a form above your HD (assuming you have the CL for it) and apparently it's a no, so I'm trying to see if there are ways to change form into something that has more Hit Dice than you. I'm mainly interested in getting the biggest, nastiest dragon form I can have.

Gemini476
2014-06-05, 06:18 AM
Polymorph Any Object. IIRC you don't get the supernatural abilities, but it's still crazy.

Dread_Head
2014-06-05, 07:31 AM
Have a Bard (with Words of Creation) inspire greatness for an extra 2 (4) HD?

Darrin
2014-06-05, 10:42 AM
Dusk Giant (Heroes of Horror) + Cannibalize (Ex).

Vaz
2014-06-05, 10:47 AM
Reserves of Strength + Alter Self with Caster Level boosters. You don't many of the boosts from Polymorph, though, but with Metamorphic Transfer/Assume Supernatural Ability, you can get the Supernaturals if you desire. Limited forms though, but you can get around that with other spells, like Elemental Form, say.

Flashy
2014-06-05, 10:52 AM
Be an epic level druid and take the dragon wild shape feat?

Immabozo
2014-06-05, 10:54 AM
There is a necklace that will let you wildshape into a form at +4 hd, you might be able to get your DM to homebrew a necklace that does the for an arcane spell.

Also, said druid can take MoMF to get more shapes, including dragon, although I am not convinced that dragon is your strongest option, but with HD increasing shenanigans, it very well could be