PDA

View Full Version : Level 4 Half-Orc Barbarian Prestige help.

ShumpBorag
2014-06-05, 08:52 AM
Yo!

Me and some buddy's have started a new campaign, our last campaign started off with:

Level 5 Gnome Bard (Me)
Level 5 Dwarven Paladin
Level 5 Elven Ranger
Level 5 Human Druid
Level 5 Half-Drow Wizard
Level 5 Human Spirit Shaman

At level 7, a friend joined as a Human Fighter.

Was great, but took AGES to get anything done, so now we've scaled down to a smaller group, including:

Level 3 Half-Orc Barbarian (Me)
Level 3 Human Cleric (Previously the Ranger)
Level 3 human Warlock (Previous DM)

My main point is that I can't see much prestige classes that don't become a HUGE Hindering in some way or another to the Barbarian.

Eye of Gruumsh takes a LOT of prerequisites, and needs to spend feats to get access to the Orc double axe, having to put weapon focus on it, and then having to spend a 3rd feat to fight with it two-handed to make it worth while.

Frenzy Beserker is just a step up from the Barbarian, how frenzy grants a +6 for STR rather than the +4 from the Rage, Frenzy also grants an additional attack on a full attack at full B/A bonus (Much like the Arcane spell "haste" but without the base speed bonus) But the chance of running out of enemies and having to attack my own party is a bit of a bad idea, seeing as I'm the strongest by far....

The Ravager is interesting, but to even get the opportunity to try the class, you must first undergo an almost gladiator style of initiation, where between 2 and 16 NPC's attack you, and you MUST survive, or you outright die. Being able to deflect magic is good, and being able to deal 1d4 of CON damage is pretty handy in most situations, but getting there is the issue.

Rage Mage is an interesting one, if you like the idea of being the power house with a few spells up your sleeve, then this is a good one, but best to not be played as a Half Orc, because the -2 INT and -2 CHA don't help with spell casting. This class is almost similar to the Druid who has the Natural Spell Feat, except the Rage Mage is arcane, aposed to the Druids Divine spells, and Rage Mage won't have as many spells as the Druid....

Hope this helps a few people out, and please let me know if you know of any other Prestiges for either the Barbarian, The Warlock and the Cleric,

Many thanks!

Kalmageddon
2014-06-05, 03:14 PM
Try over here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20)