PDA

View Full Version : Optimization max ranks

sideswipe
2014-06-05, 02:17 PM
hello playground.

i have heard that you can use the bloodline rules to essentially increase your max ranks in skills by 1. is this really possible and how is it done/

Kazudo
2014-06-05, 02:29 PM
Well, whenever you have to take a "bloodline level", you get nothing out of it at that level (aside from the right to get more cheesy bloodliney goodness). Except that it contributes to your skill max ranks.

sideswipe
2014-06-05, 02:35 PM
Well, whenever you have to take a "bloodline level", you get nothing out of it at that level (aside from the right to get more cheesy bloodliney goodness). Except that it contributes to your skill max ranks.

so it does not actually increase them past maximum for your ECL. ok thats all i needed to know. no early sublime chord for me.

Fouredged Sword
2014-06-05, 02:58 PM
The thing about bloodline levels is they DON'T increase your ECL. You poor exp into them and get the higher cap without actually going up in ECL.

Dread_Head
2014-06-05, 03:03 PM
Note that there is some debate as to whether or not they actually count as levels and thus increase your ECL due to the fact that they are rather poorly worded.

Kazudo
2014-06-05, 03:06 PM
They do however explicitly increase max ranks. I count them as a sort of "Interspersed LA with Benefits".