PDA

View Full Version : Mazes & Minotaurs Random Odyssey IC thread

Jakodee
2014-06-05, 05:55 PM
The next day, after a long, solemn, and somewhat pompous procession to the grand hall, the priestess of Athena is about to speak. "My sisters and I have listened to the gods demands." She projects across the hall. "They demand that King Addi or his agents travel to the island of Thressio to reclaim the sickle of Demeter. It once contained the largest temple to Demeter In the world, but was taken by invaders from the across the great sea. Reclaim the sacred land of Demeter or this land shall be ripped apart." Satisfied that her speech has been suitably dramatic, the priestess leads a long succession of acolytes and priests out the door.

Later that night, the King has gathered all of his friends, family, followers, and advisers to his chambers.

Lt. Tibbles
2014-06-06, 01:34 PM
Ampelios stepped forward voicing his concern.

"Your Highness surely you cannot be giving thought of making the voyage yourself? The people need their king to lead them, especially in these trying times you must not go!"

LunchTrust
2014-06-06, 08:12 PM
Kallias steps forward with uncharacteristic solemnity, bowing low.

"O King Addi, this man speaks the truth. If the gods are displeased, Therakos will need your guidance. My family have long gained by the generosity of Demeter, the beautiful haired one. I think it about time I repaid that kindness a little."

He smiles and continues, "Besides, my father would likely disinherit me if I failed to aid one of his oldest friends in his time of need. I will go, with whatever others may be spared."

deusgiggity
2014-06-06, 11:01 PM
A chuckle emanates from Andon's post by the door at the noble's comment.

"Surely the pretty boy is not the first to volunteer for this sort of mission. While I agree that our Highness should not be endangered by a mission of this severity, the priestess mentioned his only alternative was sending his "agents". If that is the case, perhaps this task should be left to those more indebted to the king than one who has simply thrived on his handouts."

Jakodee
2014-06-10, 05:39 PM
The King acts unhappy about your comments but you can tell he is actually relived. He himself shares a name with only one of his ancestors, an adventurous noble who disapeared on an ill conceived sea voyage, and as such has always been uneasy around the sea. "Allright" he says clearing the excited chatter around him. "I will generously reward any and all who vollenteer to fight in my stead."

deusgiggity
2014-06-13, 07:43 PM
Andon quickly steps a few paces closer to the king.

"None are needed, my liege. I, your not-so-humble servant, can and shall handle this mission alone. Allow your council to stay fat and happy."