PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A [3.5] Making it work, build: warforged artificer(Meleeficer)

Catalysis
2014-06-05, 07:42 PM
We all know the classic warforged Dragonborn, and I liked it more than some.

My goal was to create a draco-mechano-fighter who stayed true to the chaos of the Last War:

Warforged dragonborn, Heart Aspect
Warforged Artificer Racial Substitution, level 1&4

32 point buy
Str 12
Con 18 (14+4)
Dex 12 (14-2)
Int 18
Wis 6 (8-2) --> keen intellect saves my will saves:smalltongue:
Cha 6 (8-2) --> issue solved with a +2 on cha skills with Nymph's Kiss, UMD won't bother me too much.

Feats:
Flaw(-2 ranged) mithral body
Flaw (-6 Init.) Nymph's Kiss
1. Keen Intellect (Dragon mag.)
3. Improved Fortification
4. Extraordinary Artisan
6. Shocking Fists
8. Attune Magic Weapon
9. Second slam
12. Craft Construct (figured I'd need the dedicated Wright badly)
12. Power Atk
15. Weapon Focus (slam)
16. Extra Rings
18. Jaws of death?
20. Quicken spell

Does it even work?

I guess I could make an attached shield (or buckler) component to keep up the versatility, could I?

So, being dragonborn makes me loose my slam atk (because WotC said so), would taking second slam makes me regain it?
Then I can apply shocking fists and shrug of the personnal damage with energy resistance (electricity).

I took the Heart Aspect because I already have paralysis and sleep effect immunity, and flight is not optimal(=/= 2x movement speed), was it wise?

Soooo... Did I made a wrong choice, or maybe a wrong interpretation?

Thank you for your answers!
P.S. Is there a magic item granting multiple energy resistance? Electricity would be my top priority.

EDIT: removed dragonscale Husk

Jeff the Green
2014-06-05, 08:31 PM
First off, you can't get Dragonscale Husk because it's an alternative class feature, and you don't have heavy armor proficiency as a class feature.

Second off, you don't want Dragonscale husk because it doesn't stack with anything that gives an AC bonus. Shield of faith, Amulet of Natural Armor, Bracers of Armor—nothing.

Catalysis
2014-06-05, 08:47 PM
First off, you can't get Dragonscale Husk because it's an alternative class feature, and you don't have heavy armor proficiency as a class feature.

Second off, you don't want Dragonscale husk because it doesn't stack with anything that gives an AC bonus. Shield of faith, Amulet of Natural Armor, Bracers of Armor—nothing.

Hmmm, that's trouble.

Catalysis
2014-06-05, 08:50 PM
I'll remove it for mithral body then:/
Any way of gaining those nice energy resistances?

deuxhero
2014-06-05, 09:16 PM
Make yourself wet with prestidigitation. It's enough to swim in lava

But seriously, you're an artificer, resistance granting magic items are a dime a dozen.

Catalysis
2014-06-06, 06:52 AM
Make yourself wet with prestidigitation. It's enough to swim in lava

But seriously, you're an artificer, resistance granting magic items are a dime a dozen.

I'll do my homework then, sir!:smallamused: