PDA

View Full Version : Animal master

YPU
2007-02-20, 05:21 PM
The Beastmaster prestige class from complete adventure offers the animal companion ability at first level, does this grant: 1 an extra animal companion counting as a druid of AM level +3, or 2 the levels of AM stacking with druid for animal companion, granting extra companions at later levels. 3 do both, you get an extra animal companion and it stacks.
4 something I haven’t thought of.

edit: Beastmaster, my bad.

Person_Man
2007-02-20, 05:32 PM
You're probably refering to the Beastmaster prestige class.

A Druid 5/Beastmaster 1 would have 1 animal companion. It would have the same bonuses as a an 9th level Druid (Druid levels + Beastmaster Class levels + 3).

As you gain additional Beastmaster levels, you gain additional companions, though I don't know the precise math without consulting my books at home.

FYI, another similar class is the Beast Heart Adept (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070209a&page=4).

YPU
2007-02-20, 05:40 PM
Ah, tnx that is going to help cause one of my players is going to take a level in the class first thing tomorrow. If I remember correctly the class offers a second animal companion at 4th level which is at -3 druid level, making it still the same power as a companion of a druid of the same level. Another companion at additional -3 every 3 levels or so. I am to lazy to the exact numbers up right now cause the book is upstairs in my bedroom and the moment I enter that place I will stay there and sleep.