PDA

View Full Version : Wizard; switching to 3.5 from Pathfinder

ArendK
2014-06-06, 07:23 AM
So I played 3.5 for the longest time, and gradually made the transition to Pathfinder. I got invited to a game as a 5th level character, and based on the party's build (Warforged Monk/Paladin, Human Ranger/Scout, Druid), I volunteered to make a wizard since Tome of Battle is banned (I know, I know). No biggy, but I'm trying to build this character to cover as many bases as I can since the druid is a very new and inexperienced player.

Thus far I've got for feats and flaws.
Arcane Disciple (Healing)
Craft Wand
Combat Casting
Fiery Burst
Improved Initiative

Noncombatant
Vulnerable

I started building the personality of the character as an Wizard devotee of Pelor, so I'm trying to go along with a good theme for the character. Fire and healing spells seem to be a good start for this.
The group is insanely overpowered as far as stat gen goes. The array we were given was a 23, 18, 16, 15, 15, and a 14.

I've got classics such as web, shivering touch, and a few other control spells. Fiery burst should work to contribute damage consistently, and I can always pick up wands and such for healing. I wish I could get my hands on the vigor line of spells, I can't think of a way to do it.

Is there any special items/feats/spells I should be looking for?