PDA

View Full Version : Poison Use

Jimp
2007-02-20, 06:13 PM
I know some classes give you Poison Use ability (no risk of poisoning self when using a poison) but is there a feat that gives you it?

SpiderBrigade
2007-02-20, 06:17 PM
Not that I KNOW of...poison use is not something that sees all that much play in D&D...which is a shame.

Rabiesbunny
2007-02-20, 06:19 PM
There's the Resist Poison feat in the core FR setting, that gives you +4 on your poison Fort Saves, but I can't seen to dredge anything else up. :(

Edit: Oh, and Poison Immunity in BoVD seems to be the only other alternative; that's just for one, specific poison though, and you gain +1 against all poisons in general.

melchizedek
2007-02-20, 06:41 PM
It shouldn't be too unbalanced to create a feat, however, that negates the 5% chance of poisoning yourself when using poison. It certainly isn't too powerful for a feat.

SpiderBrigade
2007-02-20, 06:51 PM
Yah, given that you pretty much have to keep re-applying the poison in combat, it wouldn't be too strong at all.

Honestly, if you're willing to do some work, the thing to do would be to homebrew a PrC that focuses on poison use, with some boosts to DCs and possibly the ability to poison a weapon for a period of time rather than per-use.

The_Snark
2007-02-21, 02:40 AM
Edit: Oh, and Poison Immunity in BoVD seems to be the only other alternative; that's just for one, specific poison though, and you gain +1 against all poisons in general.

Methinks the authors of the book may have watched the Princess Bride the night before they wrote that.

A poison-oriented prestige class could work, but the problem is that poisons vary pretty widely; it's probably better to give them options for crafting their own poisons, which get better as they take levels in the prestige class, than to let them boost already existing poisons, which can vary widely in effectiveness.