PDA

View Full Version : Is there any chance we see Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator again?

Jack Frost
2014-06-06, 01:39 PM
Since Belkar's new dinosaur pet was polymorphed into a small lizard, is there any chance we can see it in his original form again?

Roy: We're in trouble, we can't with that many guys...
V: I know I'll regret this... Polymorph!

And... Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator is back! :D (and we'd have one of those Belkar's psychopath rage as well :P )

"Flee before me, worms!"

Edit: And just thinking... maybe a badass polymorphed version of Mr. Scruffy too...

Keltest
2014-06-06, 01:52 PM
We can actually see bloodfeast sleeping with Mr Scruffy in V's room in the background for a few panels.

Rogar Demonblud
2014-06-06, 01:59 PM
Not what the OP was asking.

For the record, you don't need another polymorph to counter Baleful Polymorph. You just need to dispel it.

cybishop
2014-06-06, 02:04 PM
Of course there's a chance. I'd even say there's a good chance, since Belkar is being a team player these days and a tamed allosaurus would be very useful. It's not certain, Belkar may die before they find themselves in a situation where it would be useful, but there's a chance.

However, I wouldn't expect it while they're still on the Mechane. It would be a lot less useful at the moment.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-06-06, 02:10 PM
I'd say that chances are pretty good.

137beth
2014-06-06, 03:05 PM
With the engine damage, I kinda doubt they would want a full-sized allosaurus on the Mechane. Once they get off, though, sure. It just takes a dispel.

NerdyKris
2014-06-06, 04:25 PM
I'd say it's almost 100% guaranteed that we'll see him returned to normal form at some point.

TurtlesAWD
2014-06-07, 08:21 AM
Tarquin may not have been right about everything, but when he was talking about preventing the dinosaur from being overexposed he probably had a point. We'll see him again when it would be awesome to see him again.

Vinyadan
2014-06-07, 08:51 AM
I think that the problem is keeping it alive and fed. How much could such a thing eat? And is it cold blooded? How would it fare in the north pole?

There is a chance of seeing it again, but it's not all that easy.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-06-07, 08:59 AM
I think that the problem is keeping it alive and fed. How much could such a thing eat? And is it cold blooded? How would it fare in the north pole?

There is a chance of seeing it again, but it's not all that easy.

I think there are Cleric spells for creating food and water. The heat is more of an issue. Maybe they should make him a really big coat?

Keltest
2014-06-07, 09:41 AM
I think there are Cleric spells for creating food and water. The heat is more of an issue. Maybe they should make him a really big coat?

That would only work if Bloodfeast was fairly constantly active. If he were to, for example, sleep all night, then his body would stop producing heat for the coat to trap, and he would go into sleep mode until the order fireballed him or something.

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-06-07, 11:05 AM
That would only work if Bloodfeast was fairly constantly active. If he were to, for example, sleep all night, then his body would stop producing heat for the coat to trap, and he would go into sleep mode until the order fireballed him or something.
All right, well there must be spells that produce small sources of heat or something.

Keltest
2014-06-07, 11:09 AM
All right, well there must be spells that produce small sources of heat or something.

A protection from cold might actually work depending on how the Giant chooses to handle it. I know some universes basically make it so that you are magically kept warm, and cant feel the cold.

ellindsey
2014-06-07, 12:22 PM
Therapod dinosaurs may have been warm-blooded. The evidence is not really conclusive either way. There have been fossils of therapods found from the polar regions, but those parts of the planet would have been warmer at the time, and those dinosaurs likely had a coat of downy feathers to help keep warm, which Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator seems to lack. I would however expect that a single casting of Endure Elements would solve the problem.

ChristianSt
2014-06-07, 12:38 PM
Therapod dinosaurs may have been warm-blooded. The evidence is not really conclusive either way. There have been fossils of therapods found from the polar regions, but those parts of the planet would have been warmer at the time, and those dinosaurs likely had a coat of downy feathers to help keep warm, which Bloodfeast the Extreme-inator seems to lack. I would however expect that a single casting of Endure Elements would solve the problem.

I don't know - but in a D&D-fantasy-stick-figure-webcomic I wouldn't really be concerned with how things work RL. If a de-polymorphized Bloodfeast is needed for the plot, it shouldn't be hard to either say "it works" or "it works with some magic". If Bloodfeast needs to be kept out of the plot, than there will be no way (even magical) that allows it.

In short: Bloodfeast gets (or gets not) de-polymorphized at speed of plot.

Vinyadan
2014-06-07, 12:43 PM
In short: Bloodfeast gets (or gets not) de-polymorphized at speed of plot.

Especially because of how he easy for an enemy he is to detect. Pulling him around in cat-sized format makes it easier to conceal him. Plus, it would be hilarious if a spellcaster were to dispel the whole party, draining them from buffs, flight and protections, and then were to be eaten by an allosaur.

Jack Frost
2014-06-07, 02:24 PM
Plus, it would be hilarious if a spellcaster were to dispel the whole party, draining them from buffs, flight and protections, and then were to be eaten by an allosaur.

Hahaha

I think this is the exact situation that has been mentioned for it to apppear again in his dinosaur form.

strijder20
2014-06-07, 03:01 PM
Especially because of how he easy for an enemy he is to detect. Pulling him around in cat-sized format makes it easier to conceal him. Plus, it would be hilarious if a spellcaster were to dispel the whole party, draining them from buffs, flight and protections, and then were to be eaten by an allosaur.

Oh, that would be one of the greatest moments in the comic if it'd occur.

Darth Paul
2014-06-07, 09:36 PM
Bloodfeast will return, in my opinion; and he may turn out (one way or the other) to be intimately connected to the Oracle's prophecy regarding Belkar...

Rodin
2014-06-07, 10:07 PM
I'm rooting for Bloodfeast Fastball Special. Belkar chucks Bloodfeast at the enemy, Vaarsuvius casts Dispel Magic. 2 tons of T-Rex soaring majestically through the air!

Darth Paul
2014-06-07, 10:16 PM
I'm rooting for Bloodfeast Fastball Special. Belkar chucks Bloodfeast at the enemy, Vaarsuvius casts Dispel Magic. 2 tons of T-Rex soaring majestically through the air!

Now that you have written it, it is too awesome to come true. Darn it.

(What about the Allosaurus Airborne Cavalry; Blackwing drops him from high altitude to land unnoticed behind enemy lines, where Dispel is then cast upon him... What's the range on that spell, anyway?)

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-06-07, 10:33 PM
Medium range (100ft.+10ft/level).

137beth
2014-06-07, 11:36 PM
Although IIRC there are some methods to make a longer range spell into a touch spell, which would allow Blackwing to deliver a dispel prepared by V. So while Blackwing would need to hold on to Bloodfeast, they could certainly sneak somewhere together before Blackwing dispels.
It would depend on moderately obscure RAW which IMO is unlikely to appear in OOTS, though.
More likely, Haley could sneak in somewhere with Bloodfeast, then use greater dispel from a scroll:smallamused:

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-06-08, 08:27 AM
Although IIRC there are some methods to make a longer range spell into a touch spell, which would allow Blackwing to deliver a dispel prepared by V. So while Blackwing would need to hold on to Bloodfeast, they could certainly sneak somewhere together before Blackwing dispels.
It would depend on moderately obscure RAW which IMO is unlikely to appear in OOTS, though.
More likely, Haley could sneak in somewhere with Bloodfeast, then use greater dispel from a scroll:smallamused:

I think we might be getting a little too complicated here. :smallwink: The original idea probably works best.

John Coake
2014-06-08, 08:49 PM

Like an Eagle.....Piloting a blimp.

Portal references aside, this should totally happen! It'd make for an amazingly humorous scene.