PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Spells?

Flipit
2014-06-06, 07:02 PM
Hello all!

I had a whole bunch of questions about shamans, and possibly misconceptions.
So the way I understand it is they have their own spell list than is a mixture of druid, cleric and OA spells.
But I cannot seem to find a reliable list of spells for them, because apparently OA was originally published in 3.0, and got poorly updated into 3.5?

So I guess what I'm asking is, does shaman have a unique spell list, and where can I find it?

Coidzor
2014-06-06, 07:11 PM
Oriental Adventures where they were first published & the dragon magazine where they were partially updated handle their spell list in most detail and in that order, too. I believe it's Dragon 318 where they were updated.

The handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?248262-Shaman-Handbook-Oriental-Adventures)covers this to some extent.

Flipit
2014-06-06, 07:24 PM
Sweet! thank you.

Gemini476
2014-06-07, 02:50 AM
Do note that they probably got some more expanded spell lists in the various splatbooks for Rokugan - although Oriental Adventures is the only 1st party book, it was outsourced (?) into a whole thing.

Coidzor
2014-06-07, 03:27 AM
Do note that they probably got some more expanded spell lists in the various splatbooks for Rokugan - although Oriental Adventures is the only 1st party book, it was outsourced (?) into a whole thing.

Are you sure about that? My recollection is that Shaman are explicitly non-Rokugani, possibly explicitly not even from the non-Rokugan portions of that world.

Sian
2014-06-07, 03:59 AM
do note that Spell Compendium explicitly suggests going though Druid and Cleric spells to upgrade Shaman spell access ... and Cleric Domains to upgrade those

Vedhin
2014-06-07, 08:39 AM
Are you sure about that? My recollection is that Shaman are explicitly non-Rokugani, possibly explicitly not even from the non-Rokugan portions of that world.

There are a few in the Kitsu family of the Lion clan. Other than that, not in Rokugan.