PDA

View Full Version : Orc of Orcs and Orcs

Shadowscale
2014-06-06, 11:52 PM
I wanted to make a full orc character utilizing the orcish shot put, preferable using around 6 levels of fighter and maybe the rest barbarian, whatever prcs would make best use of this weapon?

Any advice would be appreciated on how to optimize.

Eye of gruumish maybe if it seemes like it would work since the feat improved weapon familiarity would be taken anyhow if this prc could be worked in much appreciated.

andromax
2014-06-07, 12:01 AM
Bloodstorm Blade from ToB comes to mind for a throwing type. Can get in at level 6.

Coidzor
2014-06-07, 12:31 AM
Grab Water Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#waterOrcs) if you can for the extra Constitution.

If you want to be a throwing Barbarian there's two rages that would cover that, one is, IIRC, Ferocity which boosts Str & Dex instead of Str & Con and the other is Whirling Frenzy which gives an extra attack per round.

Can't remember if Targetteer Fighter is of interest here or not, depends on if Dragon content is on the table as well as if it replaces Strength completely or adds strength and dexterity together.

Shadowscale
2014-06-12, 09:02 PM
Grab Water Orc (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/elementalRacialVariants.htm#waterOrcs) if you can for the extra Constitution.

If you want to be a throwing Barbarian there's two rages that would cover that, one is, IIRC, Ferocity which boosts Str & Dex instead of Str & Con and the other is Whirling Frenzy which gives an extra attack per round.

Can't remember if Targetteer Fighter is of interest here or not, depends on if Dragon content is on the table as well as if it replaces Strength completely or adds strength and dexterity together.
I really wanted to be a paragon orc ferocity and such taking advantage of the improved weapon familiarity feat to become an optimized thrower barbarian fighter preferably with a couple eye of gruumish (swing wildly) I like the ferocity versus conventional rage and feel it would stack with the 2nd level ability as well. Bloodstorm blade looks good, just don't know how many levels to take.

Can someone help me with the level and feat selection from 1-20? No tomb of battle base classes prcs are fine.
Really want a good dungeoncrasher Zhentarim Soldier fighter mixed with barbarian for base classes. At least two eye of gruumish (improved weapon familiarity and weapon focus good for entry.) and anything else anyone would think is good. Really would appreciate the help want to have a fun character in my next campaign.

Vhaidara
2014-06-12, 09:10 PM
ToB PrCs without base classes are kind of pointless. Near if not impossible to qualify for them, first of all.

But I would say try to get Half -Minotaur or Half-Ogre from Dragon allowed. You don't even need to pull the OP trick where you get an additional +8 Str from the size increase, just take the +4 from the template. Then go Hulking Hurler.

Andion Isurand
2014-06-12, 10:42 PM
There is a 3rd level psionic power called Telekinetic Boomerang that bestows a quick acting returning ability on a thrown weapon, allowing it to return to your hand between each attack you make in a round. With that you could effectively dribble your shotput against your targets.

Brutal Throw is a feat you might like, which allows you to use Strength for attack rolls using thrown weapons.

Gildedragon
2014-06-12, 11:27 PM
slap on a Lesser Crystal of Return on it
1000gp and it will come right back at'cha
not as cool as Andion's idea but...

vhfforever
2014-06-13, 03:58 AM
As a play on the "Shot put" name, I once convinced a DM to allow me to use an Orcish "Olympic Hammer," which was basically an Exotic Weapon (proficiency required, racial familiarity didn't apply) treatment of a giant iron ball attached to a chain and manacle my half-orc...who was at one point press-ganged into service...just walked off with.

If I recall correctly, it was 2d6 damage, x3 critical, range 10...and it had the notable effect of leaving a furrow in the ground behind him because he just drug it wherever he went. As an upside, there was no need for returning, but your distance was limited to a hard, non-threatened, 10 feet.

Gildedragon
2014-06-13, 09:35 AM
That sounds a lot like a dragonchain (essentially a spiked chain sans spikes with a big heavy dragon-head-like iron weight at the end)