PDA

View Full Version : Holier Than Thou [FEAT]

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-20, 08:43 PM
Okay, I accidentally put this in the Contests board. Let's try this again while I attempt to delete the misplaced copy.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
Righteous Swiftness
Prerequisites: Ability to turn undead or lay on hands. Good alignment.
Benefit: When facing a creature with any Evil Alignment, you are treated as having an initiative roll one higher than it does. If there are multiple Evil creatures, the strongest one in the encounter is used. If they are of equal strength, use the lowest in the initiative order that is higher than the character possessing this feat.
If the modified initiative roll is lower than the original, use the original.
Special: If you lose your Good alignment, you no longer benefit from this feat.

martyboy74
2007-02-20, 09:29 PM
But what about the stick up their ass?

More seriously, can this lower your initiative? How is "the strongest one" defined? What if all the monsters have the same stat block? Is it the fastest one?

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-20, 09:46 PM
But what about the stick up their ass?

More seriously, can this lower your initiative? How is "the strongest one" defined? What if all the monsters have the same stat block? Is it the fastest one?
...what ABOUT the stick?
In order:
1: Initiative: "If the modified initiative roll is lower than the original, use the original."
2: By CR, I would imagine. If they match CR's, then the one with the highest ability score average.
3: "If they are of equal strength, use the lowest in the initiative order that is higher than the character possessing this feat."

Indon
2007-02-21, 11:39 AM
Personally, I think CR is more a measurement of difficulty than raw power, and I'd go with total HD instead. This is also in keeping with the turn undead power.

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-02-22, 04:15 PM
Maybe make Improved Intitiative a Prereq?

Eighth_Seraph
2007-02-22, 08:57 PM
^^ Seconded.