PDA

View Full Version : Happy Song

knownaspirate
2007-02-20, 09:21 PM
I didn't see a thread like this so, if I'm accidently repeating one but...
what is your happy song and why. Everyone has a bad day every now and then, and usually listening to one certin song (at least for me) helps to cheer me up. So I simply ask what is it, who is it by, and why does that song make you happy!

My happy song is Big Machine by the Goo Goo Dolls
1.) Because Johnny Rzeznik is mmm delicious!
2.) The music is soo upbeat and happy. It made me smile the very first time I heard it, and the lyrics are pretty snazzy too. Not the best that I have ever heard but still. Good rhym scheme and all that. There has been only one time that this song failed to make me happy.
Yay for Goo Goo Dolls!

Jack Squat
2007-02-20, 10:01 PM
I'm all right by Kenny Loggins

Reasoning: look at the title, it's an insanely upbeat song. Plus it's the Caddyshack theme

Vaynor
2007-02-21, 01:36 AM
Happy Day - Talking Heads

Need I say more?

averagejoe
2007-02-21, 01:37 AM
The Happy Happy Joy Joy Song. :smallbiggrin: (no, really :smallredface: )

Vaynor
2007-02-21, 01:46 AM

:frown:. Just :frown:.

:smile:

:wink:

Lianae
2007-02-21, 04:57 AM
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
It is impossible for me to be grumpy when I hear it!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-02-21, 05:10 AM
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
It is impossible for me to be grumpy when I hear it!

Jitterbug. :smallwink:

Drops of Jupiter by Train has been one of my favourite, but I am rather fickle, and a lot of songs tend to make me happy. Strangely the bitter ones do as well, mostly since I never can understand the lyrics

faerwain
2007-02-21, 05:20 AM
Token of time by Ensiferum. Not a real Happy Song, but the melody and peppy guitar work always gives me some energy vibes, so I use it when I have to force myself to get something done.

InaVegt
2007-02-21, 06:58 AM
L'internationale, always cheers me up. And if that doesn't work I'll play
Aan der rand van hollands gouwen, my regional anthem

416365416c
2007-02-21, 07:33 AM
'The Flowers that Bloom in the Spring' by Gilbert & Sullivan is what I sing to cheer me up:smallsmile:. I find singing much more effective, as merely listening to music is always a background activity for me.

It is a very cheerful song, and it's from a comedy musical(The Mikado), so it is amusing as well as positive. I also know it well, making it very easy to sing. The role it, or at least the first verse, plays is seen in the line "and that's what I mean when I say that a thing is as welcome as flowers that bloom in the spring", so you can (hopefully) see it's sole purpose is evoking positive emotions. I find it fulfills it's role very well:smallsmile: .

LCR
2007-02-21, 12:59 PM
"Round are Way" by Oasis.
Dadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Dadadaaaaaa ....

Exachix
2007-02-21, 01:13 PM
I don't know...

Pinball Wizard by the who...
The Sun Always Shines on TV by A-ha.
Kirby Hill - Hayseed Dixie.
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits.

to name a couple... but I really don't know otherwise.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-02-21, 02:14 PM
Money for Nothing - Dire Straits.

I find that one depressing rather than happy. Not actually THAT depressing but the lyrical subject doesn't put me in a good mood.

Happy Song? If I want to be happy I'd rather spend that time being happy than listening to music. Music is for moping damit.

Reinforcements
2007-02-21, 02:34 PM
"Flickr" by Jonathan Coulton.

Artanis
2007-02-21, 03:53 PM
Hampsterdance never fails to make me smile.

knownaspirate
2007-02-21, 04:18 PM
Hampsterdance never fails to make me smile.

The hampsterdance is a good one. I haven't heard it in a long time though :(

Khantalas
2007-02-21, 04:22 PM
First of May by Jonathan Coulton may be the happiest, most booping song ever.

Totally Guy
2007-02-21, 04:27 PM
It's still a newish song but I like Mika, Grace Kelly. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzA0nG_PurQ)

Sewer_Bandito
2007-02-21, 05:00 PM
"Good Thing" by Reel Big Fish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQK2WUhIudA

Axl_Rose
2007-02-21, 05:31 PM
"Round are Way" by Oasis.
woo Oasis!

Stay Young - Oasis
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton
Bohemian like You - Dandy Warhols

Hazkali
2007-02-21, 05:39 PM
For quite a while Hope from the Coach Carter soundtrack was my happy song, but now generally any Folk jig or reel does me. My happy place has folk music.

Amotis
2007-02-22, 05:44 PM
Grandaddy's Nature Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BNPhf9rb90)

Haha...aww...listen to it! It's so...fun.

Rabiesbunny
2007-02-22, 08:45 PM
Lucky! Cha Cha Cha! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn5n3ZymxZM)

Oooh, I'm a J-pop girl on very few levels. Mini Moni is one of them. These girls were one of the best Pop groups ever to exist; the lyrics are uber-super upbeat. This song never fails to bring my mood up exponentially on sucky days.

Jack Squat
2007-02-22, 09:07 PM
Grandaddy's Nature Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BNPhf9rb90)

Haha...aww...listen to it! It's so...fun.

fun's not exactly the word I'd use

*washes brain with acid*

Holy_Knight
2007-02-23, 02:27 AM
The Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson. Most happy, contentedness-evoking song ever.

Eldpollard
2007-02-25, 05:57 AM
There's this one ive been listening to called club to death angel dokuro chan. It is really bizzare and so upbeat.

bosssmiley
2007-02-25, 12:27 PM

Heh, win. :smallbiggrin:

Mine is the brainlessly cheerful "Party Hard" by Andrew W. K. That song is the very quintessence of mosh-addled and hoohish anthemic thicko metal, and all the greater for it. :smallcool:

I also like Weebl's Crabs (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/crabs/).

Dr._Weird
2007-02-25, 12:40 PM
Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by the Beatles. Never fails to cheer me up.

Actually, scratch that. All the happy Beatles songs. Even the ones that don't have happy lyrics.

ray53208
2007-02-25, 06:20 PM
three songs:

1. i'm all right - kenny loggins: that freakin' dancing gopher from caddy shack cracks me up every time.
2. walking on sunshine - katrina and the waves: aside from being in every movie from 1985 on, it reminds me of happy summers when i was a kid.
3. the futures so bright (ive got to wear shades) - timbukthree: see number two reason.

no matter how glum i get about things these tunes usually cheer me up at least a little bit. there are songs i like more, but they get me revved up in a whole different way. not so much the mindless cheerfulness, more the trippy-euphoric-mysticism or the metal-crush-all-foes feel.