PDA

View Full Version : 3.P Wielding gargantuan weapons without penalty?

maxriderules
2014-06-07, 04:17 PM
In Pathfinder the Titan Mauler class lets you wield oversized weapons without penalty at sixth level. There's also a class, the Half-giant (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/races/half-giant) (Dreamscarred Press) with a racial trait that means it can wield weapons one size category larger without penalty, which stacks with effects that change the creature's size category.

So a 6th level half-giant titan mauler can use one-handed huge weapons with both hands without penalty. A permanencied enlarge person makes this gargantuan weapons.
If your DM allows 3.5e material, the monkey grip feat means you can use gargantuan weapons as if they were normally sized.

Have I made any mistakes in this?

Thealtruistorc
2014-06-07, 07:39 PM
I can do you one better...

Half Giant Titan Mauler Barbarian 12/War Hulk Aegis 4 with the Improved Increased Size customization.

By my calculations you are wielding a weapon two sizes larger than colossal. It gets to the point where you may lack the carrying capacity to haul such a thing.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-06-07, 08:27 PM
Keep it simple. Half-Giant Psychic Warrior with Interceptor path. Has powerful build to wield +1 size larger and basically unlimited free expansion to go size large; later on can grow +2 sizes with expansion to become size huge (and thus use gargantuan). Also, there's the Lead Blades spell. That's just using Pathfinder.

If you have 3E material, you can "cheat" simply by getting a high level caster's Greater Mighty Wallop. 3rd level, lasts hour/level, and makes a bludgeoning weapon do damage as if one size larger per 4 caster levels.

The Grue
2014-06-07, 08:47 PM
In before Monkey Grip.

kardar233
2014-06-07, 08:53 PM
Titan Bloodline can get you using a Gargantuan warhammer... even if you're Tiny.

StreamOfTheSky
2014-06-07, 10:01 PM
In before Monkey Grip.

It's pretty hard to post in a thread prior to the opening post.

Forrestfire
2014-06-07, 10:06 PM
Titan Bloodline can get you using a Gargantuan warhammer... even if you're Tiny.

Aww, I came in to say that. :smallfrown:

The Grue
2014-06-07, 10:14 PM
It's pretty hard to post in a thread prior to the opening post.

Darn! Foiled again.

2014-06-07, 10:27 PM
Titan Mauler on it's own is next to useless for wielding over-sized weapons. That said, I'm sure there's some 3.5 cheese that makes it more viable.

maxriderules
2014-06-08, 03:14 AM
So, in general psionics is the best way to increase your size category? Pity expansion doesn't stack with enlarge person.

@thealtruistorc
Do you mind talking me through your math? As far as I can see, you can wield a weapon two size categories larger than yourself from the titan mauler levels, and increase in size two categories from improved increase size, going from large to gargantuan, and wielding weapons one size category over colossal. Where have I missed a size?

Sayt
2014-06-08, 06:16 AM
Living Monolith 1 gives 3/day swift action enlarge person, the spell Lead Blades gives a functional +1 weapon size. Primal Warrior Stance from Path of War gives another +1 size, which can be gained from three feats (Martial Training I-III), which, along with Half-giant gets you to colossal, with 15 levels for more stuff.