PDA

View Full Version : Most confusing Charecter you have played

maniacalmojo
2014-06-07, 04:21 PM
My girlfriend started playing D&D for the first time recently. Her first charecter was a very sub optimal fighter type who took a few levels of sorcerer so she felt very underpowered (i tried suggesting something else but she wanted to be that) Well she found she likes spells so she had me help her make a new charecter.

Her new charecter is an arcane hireophant generalist elf wizard who prestiged in from druid and wizard at low levels through an exploit. She also has a brown bear as an animal companion/familiar and the DM allowed her to use a magebred template because she convinced him too (he is also allowing her to train it to be a warbeast eventually)

Anyway.. I helped her make this charecter and so i am usually the one who helps her level it and it takes forever because of all the different points i need to keep track of and add together...

ANYWAY what are some of your guy's more infamous confusing charecters.

weckar
2014-06-07, 04:23 PM
Any character with stat loops probably qualifies. My players are notorious for trying to bring those to the table...

Jeff the Green
2014-06-07, 04:34 PM
I play PbP, and one of my DMs keeps a table at the top of the OOC thread with all the players' and their characters' names, races, classes, and speech color. I've had three characters and each of them broke a different column. The first was Atalanteia, who broke the class column with Dryad 3/Cloistered Cleric 2/Holt Warden 2//Crafty Hunter Ape Totem Barbarian 1/Fighter 2/Ranger 1/Swordsage 1/Desert Warblade 1/Witch Hunter 1. The second was Davkhur, who broke the race column with Spark Dark Evolved Necropolitan Unseelie Fey Illumian. My current one is a spellweaver. Spellweavers don't speak, but only use telepathy, so I figured he'd have a name that couldn't actually be spoken. So he broke the character name column with <The sensation of dancing to "three blind mice" played backwards with a stubbed toe while sniffing acetone and peonies>.

Oh, and I'm going to be replacing my character in another game because she's going insane, and one of the candidates is a changeling who uses Racial Emulation to get into Racial Substitution levels and PrCs and get feats for conflicting races. So far there's elf, gnome, and halfling stuff in there, and I'll likely be adding at least a couple others before she reaches level 15.