PDA

View Full Version : An evil version of sacred exorcist?

Leguard
2014-06-07, 07:16 PM
Hey everyone, last week the gods of the dice decided to spit on me and I lost three different characters across three different games. This has caused me to have to roll up some new charcters, but one of them is giving me issues.

See I am planning on running a Illumain sorcerer gish and I have run into an issue with sacred exorcist. The character must be evil, the entire group is evil and I cann't just have my character turn a blind eye. This causes an issue with sacred exocrist as it has an alignment restriction of good and I was planning on using its turn attempts to fuel my DMM form my race's sigils. So my question is, is there a class I could subtitute in for SE to gain the turn attempts and not lose a caster level? Or do I just have to suck it up and dip 1 level into cleric?

Secondly Im not very good at spellcasters, I usally play a rogue or front liner so I was looking for some spell suggestions beyond the normal ones talked about in the gish handbook.

Thanks in advanced.

HunterOfJello
2014-06-08, 02:20 AM
Complete Divine errata rules that Divine Metamagic can only be used to fuel metamagic on divine spells. Is your DM ignoring or were you not aware of the errata?

Azoth
2014-06-08, 03:06 AM
Alternative Source Spell covers him for this. He just operates at -1CL. Not a bad work around for only 1 feat.

Falcon X
2014-06-08, 03:08 AM
You could try Southern Magician feat to get through the Divine/Arcane barrier.

Have you thought about items? Nightstick (Libris Mortis) is the classic item that gives more turn attempts.

As far as prestige classes:
- Knight of the Raven (If Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is allowed)
- Master of Radiance (LM) - Not strictly good.
- Death Master (Dragon Compendium)
- Dread necromancer dip
- Death Delver (HoH)
- 3 levels of Blackguard
- Nomad Shaman (If the DM allows Dragonlance:Age of Mortals. If he does, check out the metamagic in Dragonlance too)
- Horned Harbringer (Faiths and Pantheons)
- Bone Knight (Five Nations variant)
- Doomdreamer (Return to Temple of Elemental Evil) - Kiss of Undeath doesn't give more turn attempts, but it will double your check when you use them the way they were meant to.