PDA

View Full Version : Infiltration of Slii- Monsters of Otr Part I

Svata
2014-06-07, 09:01 PM
From across the land, you have been gathered. Sent to The town of Drannur, on the border of the Slii desert. Some of you know each other, while others are perfect strangers. As you approach the gates, each of you is lead aside by a half-dragon aasimar to the meeing area. Once you have all arrived, he speaks in a deep, clear voice, "The empire is in danger of falling. His supreme excellence, Emperor Jonne III, has gathered you to investigate the recent incursions from the desert. You have been chosen because, odd as you are here, you will arouse less suspicions than members of the common races. The emire will reward you as it does all of its greatest heroes, with 125,000 gold apiece, and one boon of nearly any sort from the emperor. May Althulis himself accompany you on this journey."

Breitheamh
2014-06-08, 07:54 AM
Sirenal gives the warmest smile he can muster. He is unconcerned with the offer of money, but he knows that having the Empire owe him a favor could do wonders for peace.

"Where do you think we should begin?" he asks, his voice a low, deep-throated growl.

Sønderjye
2014-06-08, 09:11 AM
So the empire can't handle the creatures in the desert. James think They must be strong, then mayne this time his eyes are dreamy.

James adjust his hat with his large green hands before accepting the offer with a graceful bow that moves his head almost to the level of the aa
accepting with a slight bow. Thank you for the trust sir. I shall accept your offer

He wonders if his bag is big enough for that many of the small useless pieces of metal.

Amoren
2014-06-08, 10:10 AM
Squak. A raven, a curious bird, was sitting on the edge of the table, eyes frequently glancing to and fro. It was... uncomfortable in the human city, that much was evident with the way it hopped to and fro, feathers fluffing out whilst it listened to the details of the mission that was handed to them. Eventually, his form came to rest on top of the half-dragon centaur, the avian's beady eyes looking towards the man who had gathered them together. "What, exactly, has been incurring from the desert?" he spoke, a curious bird these black feathered fliers were, but their small size, commonality, and capacity to handle the human tongue made them useful forms to take. "And do we merely need to report back on what is endangering the kingdom, or are we expected to act if need be. And if we do, do we have permission to act on behalf of the Kingdom, or should we keep our contract a secret?"

Vhaidara
2014-06-08, 01:19 PM
Invisible to all present, the Breath watches and listens. More gold for the hoard, and a kingdom to ask for. It is of much interest.

Breitheamh
2014-06-08, 01:26 PM
The centaur chuckles as his new little companion perches on his head. He reaches up and carefully ruffles the bird's feathers with his knuckles.

"Curious one, aren't you, Kal? You know, we're among friends here. You don't have to hide," he says comfortingly. Then he turns back to the half-dragon. "I too am curious about these questions."

Svata
2014-06-08, 05:20 PM
"All manner of creatures. There have been numerous purple worms, a tribe of janni, a handful of hydra, three dragons, and two sphinxes. Those are just the confirmed ones. Beyond that, there is rumor of a lich who is said to have an army of golems, mummies, and lesser undead. I fear it may not even be the largest threat, however. It is well known to those of us who live along the edge of the desert that the unnatural heat for this part of the world is caused by innumerable naturally forming portals to the plane of fire. Any of the creatures who inhabit that place could potentially come over."

Sønderjye
2014-06-08, 06:17 PM
So you want us to get rid of all creatures in the entire desert.. or do we as the clever raven suggests merely report back? James was leaning against his stick. He could feel that Murthoag was really hoping for the first and the memory of his last battle flickered before his eyes. An observant onlooker would notice a very clear vein pulsing just under the tall hat. He takes a moment to calm himself.

Svata
2014-06-08, 08:35 PM
"No need to kill all of them I think. Just find a way to stop them from attacking anymore. Diplomacy, kiling the leaders, intimidation, anything you can do."

Breitheamh
2014-06-08, 09:00 PM
A look of horror plasters itself on Sirenal's face when the strange gentlemanly troll speaks, followed quickly by a flash of anger, forcing him to put his head down for a moment. He rubs his temples, breathing deeply, little puffs of smoke curling from his nostrils. When he looks back up, he is back to normal, but his smile is gone. He allows their host to answer the question, allaying his fears for the moment, but as soon as the aasimar finishes speaking, Sirenal's eyes shoot back to James, intense contemplation and barely contained anger dancing behind his pupils.

Rakaydos
2014-06-08, 10:45 PM
The winged... kobold? ...listening almost unnoticed underfoot yawns. "Hope someone knows cold spells, or those fire portals will be a pain."

Sønderjye
2014-06-09, 03:02 AM
James is directing all his attention at the speaking aasimir with a polite smile, completely oblivious to the anger he just caused.

Amoren
2014-06-09, 05:30 AM
The bird-thing hopped down from the centaur and once again hopped along the table, eyes flicking this way and that as he speaks. "I prefer the shape of a bird here. It draws less obvious stares from the humanoids than if they saw a sixteen foot long golden scaled reptile walking about. That, and I can fly and hear without drawing attention!" his attention, however, refocused upon the curious assimar before him, there seemed to be a lot of draconic blood around - it helped to put him at ease. He thought for a few seconds more before speaking, "There has to be a purpose for them to just suddenly start coming over now, though. So we have to find what's driving them to come north and then put a stop to it as best we can?"

Sønderjye
2014-06-09, 04:34 PM
That is probably true little friend but I hardly think standing around this table will give us any more insight in the mysteries beyond the desert. Shall we move? James says before suddenly having a revalisation Are you suggesting that we travel south of the desert instead of entering it or were you merely suggesting a possible cause for the activity?

Svata
2014-06-09, 04:51 PM
The aasimar shrugs his brass-scaled shoulders, It might be something south of the desert, or maybe something new inside of it driving them away from it. But it could just be the denizens[trying to invade/because they want our land. Who can be certain?

Breitheamh
2014-06-09, 08:36 PM
"Indeed," Sirenal says sternly, "the world is very rarely so conveniently simple." It is clear from his tone and the daggers his eyes hold on James that he is subtly reprimanding the over-eager troll.

"However," he continues, "you are right....James, was it? You are right that we will not accomplish anything standing here chatting. Unless there is more information to be shared?" He looks questioningly at the aasimar.

Vhaidara
2014-06-09, 09:07 PM
The Breath materializes, a vaguely humanoid outline in the air.
Transportation has been arranged. Follow.
It leaves via the door.

Breitheamh
2014-06-09, 10:02 PM
Sirenal ponders the talking, shimmering air currents. If he is surprised by its presence, he does a good job of hiding it; he has seen many strange things in the world, and he knows better than most that appearances can be deceiving.

After watching the Breath go, he gestures to the door and smiles at the others in the room. "Well, I suppose we'd better get going, then," he notes, and then follows the elemental out of the room.

Svata
2014-06-09, 10:59 PM
Before you leave, he tosses one of you a backpack. "A token of my appreciation for helping us. A Handy Haversack with two of each feather token."

Amoren
2014-06-10, 04:38 AM
The crow glanced back towards the half-dragon, giving him one last look before the bird took to flight to follow the others leaving.

Sønderjye
2014-06-10, 05:48 AM
James adjust his tie before answering Sirenal My name is indeed James good sir. I'm afraid I didn't catch yours

James jumps high into the air when the breath suddenly appears beside him. He raises his stick ready to attack but refrain from doing so. Due to his indecision the Breath has walked out the door before he manage to speak to it. He instead turns to the half-dragon assimar who has yet to present itself by name. Who was that?

After receiving an answer he will calm down a bit and follow the Breath muttering something about hiding and being a man.

Breitheamh
2014-06-10, 06:31 PM
"You may call me Sirenal," the centaur replies to James as he slings the gift over his shoulder. His calm exit is tarnished when his eyes go slightly wild at the sight of the troll. He leaves in an almost frightened manner, hoping to keep himself from giving in to the impulses of his nature.

Sønderjye
2014-06-10, 06:51 PM
This time James notice the anger. He sends the centaur's back a wondering gaze before asking Do you think he doesn't like trolls? in a low voice to whoever hasn't left the room yet.

Svata
2014-06-11, 12:41 AM
Once you head out, it is about 110° F, and the weather is calm. There is a light breeze blowing in from the south-southwest. Spot checks would be appreciated.

Sønderjye
2014-06-11, 03:51 AM
Nice weather we have. Now what do you gentlemen think, should we investigate south of the desert before entering it or simply rush straight in?

Spot [roll0]

Breitheamh
2014-06-11, 01:26 PM
Sirenal follows the Breath with his head bowed reverently. At the moment he is lost in prayer, oblivious to his new companions. He is not praying to any particular deity, but rather to the force of good that has driven him and comforted him for all these years. He prays for patience, for himself and for James.

Svata
2014-06-12, 09:23 PM
After a bit, you all get to The Mountain, which begins moving soon afe you arrive. (everyone good with trying to fly over?)

Breitheamh
2014-06-12, 09:42 PM
Sirenal walks up the side of the mountain, confused by the Breath's direction.

"I don't understand. I thought---WHOA!" his question is cut off by Lord Snailington's movement.

"What is going on?" he asks, his hooves pacing as he tries to keep his balance.

Vhaidara
2014-06-12, 09:51 PM
The Breath turns once everyone is on the mountain.
Transportation. There is shelter on the top of the mountain. I recommend the stairs. Flying may result in you being left behind. As would jumping. Or tripping. Don't drink the water.
Then it discorporates. The stairs are to the left, and spiral around the mountain to the top.

Lord Snailington is 186ft tall, but is only 35x35. So I decided he needed stairs for people to get to the top

Rakaydos
2014-06-12, 10:44 PM
"Swell. Because flying carpets are so last eon, we get a flying mountian." Tovera snorts. "In case I didnt say something earlier, I'm Inquisitor Vashini." she eyes her compaions. "A pleasure to meet you all." growlshe adds with a

Sønderjye
2014-06-13, 07:42 AM
When James gets close to the mountain he looks straight ibto it. He then moves his gaze up and up and up until his massive neck muscles won't allow him to see higher and he still can't see the top. Both his eyes and his mouth is wide open as he utter wauw. He stands there for about 10 seconds before his high hat falls off and disappears together with the rest of his fancy suit leaving him only with a loincloth to cover his body(aside from two bags and a greatsword). Mighty challenge for mighty Murthaog he shouts as he jumps onto the mountain and starts climbing determined to reach the top.

Amoren
2014-06-13, 08:43 AM
The peculiar crow seemed a tad bit eager to move than the rest of the party, at least with how it flickered and flapped through the air, frequently circling ahead and waiting for the breath to catch up, or flying back over if it had incorrectly guessed where it was heading. As everyone else had approached, the bird had already taken a perch along the steps and watched. This did, however, leave it a tad bit surprised when the thing started to move, prompting it to leap up into the air and circle around, attention focused towards the mountain creature.

He continues to fly, despite the warning of the elemental creature, and even flies down to pick up the troll's discarded hat and follows him up along the mountain's slope. After all, the dragon youth thought, there was no way he was going to be out flown by a mountain, and even if he did he knew exactly where the thing was going and it wouldn't be that hard to find the darn thing.

Kal is using detect evil and detect magic focused upon the mountain, for what its worth. xD

Breitheamh
2014-06-13, 09:02 AM
"A pleasure to meet you, Inquisitor Vashini," Sirenal says to the small creature that he just realized he was standing next to. " My name is Sirenal. Many people have named me many different names, but Sirenal is my name."

He finds his balance alright, and begins to walk up the stairs carved into the side of the mountain. He snorts at the sight of the troll climbing the hill wearing nothing but a loincloth, then turns back to Tovera. "So, where are you from, if I may be so bold?"

Before she can answer, he spots Kal flapping around the mountain, despite the warnings of their guide, and shouts to him, "Kal! Be careful!"

Vhaidara
2014-06-13, 09:07 AM
The mountain is entirely non-magical.

Amoren
2014-06-13, 09:36 AM
The crow didn't have the facial features for it, but one may have gotten the impression that it was attempting to roll its eyes at being told to be careful. The skies, as well as the water, was his domain, or so he believed. His features banked to the side, coming to turn and meet up with the half-centaur where he dropped off the troll's hat for him to collect, before landing and taking his true form. A fact that may have been quite surprising for the kobold inquisitor, as the tiny sized crow suddenly blossomed into a medium sized dragon, its brilliant coat of gold scales lining it from snout to tail tip, whilst its peculiar wings with their fin-like extensions running down along his body stretched out to their full, nearly thirty foot wing span.

"I'll be fine," the creature eventually spoke, tail flicking to his side to reveal a set of adamantine coils wrapped around the long limb. "I could keep up with this thing in my sleep if need be," he practically huffed, a fact which sent searing hot air streaming from his nostrils over the two before he took to flight again, leaping up from the stairs gain some height, then a mighty beat of his wings causing him to gain more velocity and height until he turned back around to join the troll at the top of the mountain.

Breitheamh
2014-06-13, 09:47 AM
Sirenal sighs as the wyrmling wings his way to the mountain's peak. "So much like his sister," he mutters, then turns back to the winged kobold. "Sorry about that. His parents asked me to keep an eye on him. Anyway, what were you saying?"

Rakaydos
2014-06-13, 06:55 PM
"Where I'm from doesnt matter. The mission ahead does." Tovera answered evasively. "Did we have anything else we needed to pick up before we go on a quest to slay the elemental plane of fire? Perhaps a Decanter of endless water might do the trick?" she adds sarcastically.

Breitheamh
2014-06-14, 07:48 PM
Sirenal takes a mental note of her evasiveness, and ponders his new companion for a moment. He can relate to having a painful past, and he quickly makes it a personal goal to ease her pain.

"I did not mean to pry," he says apologetically, then continues, "I don't think the decanter would quite do the trick, though. Maybe if we just ask the fire nicely..." His eyes twinkle at the little inquisitor's joke.

Vhaidara
2014-06-16, 10:56 AM
As the group gets to the top of the mountain, they see a small town is on the top. They are greeted by a tall, mechanical man with a sword for a left arm. He extends his right hand.
Greetings. I am Imgalle Dosh, mayor of Snailtown. I hope the climb was not too difficult.
His voice is monotone and mechanical. Stereotypical warforged.

Sønderjye
2014-06-18, 06:53 PM
When James reaches the top he will turn around and yell his glorious victory to the world. The might result in him spittingly yelling straight into the crow that had been following him. If that is the case the crow will notice a fierce look in his eyes that changes as the air leaves his lunges. With a mild and concerned look James reaches his left hand out towards the crow inviting for it to rest. I am sorry little one. It wasn't my intentions to ruining your beautiful feathers. If the bird sits on him he will clean his spit away and straighten them again with pretigation.

He turns when he is spoken to. Now showing any suprise with the unusually looking metal man he moves his hand to his head before making a graceful bow. Greetings mayor Dosh. My name is James Mulong but friends call me James. I am happy that you allow me to stay in your most.. he pauses while searching for the right word ..heightened city. The climb was he looks around and looks down the steep mountain rather pleasant he finishes rather vague.
The lack of hat in his hand combined with the breeze around his manhood makes him realise that something is off. When he examines himself he finds that he is only wearing a loincloth. He looks around and unable to find what he is looking for he asks the crow Do you perchance have any idea of where my hat is?

Vhaidara
2014-06-18, 07:20 PM
The Mayor seems taken aback by the change of personality.
Excuse me if I am wrong, but you are Murthaog Rockclaw, correct?

I realized I used the wrong color in the other post for Mayor Dosh

Sønderjye
2014-06-18, 07:27 PM
James sends the ironman a suspicious look. It feels like a long time since someone mentioned that name. He however decides to answer the question I.. was. How did you know?

Vhaidara
2014-06-18, 07:35 PM
The founder of this village followed you tribe quite carefully. It was interested in what your tribe may produce.
The mayor's tone is matter of fact, like he's explaining a tourist attraction.

Sønderjye
2014-06-18, 07:40 PM
The founder? James raises an eyebrown. This was something new.

Vhaidara
2014-06-18, 07:42 PM
Yes. I'm sure you will meet it at some point.
The mayor gives him the most quizzical look a mechanical face can.
In fact, I was told it was going to lead you here.

Sønderjye
2014-06-18, 07:54 PM
It? Do you mean the transparent thing? He was following the others up the stairs the last words fade away as he again looks down the mountain scratching his head with a free hand.

Vhaidara
2014-06-18, 08:00 PM
Ah, the founder sent one of its servant to retrieve you. And yes, your comrades. They should be reaching the top soon. If you would like to meet them, please follow me. Otherwise, feel free to explore the town. Just don't break anything you don't plan on paying for.
With that, the machine-person turns and heads for the other side of the village.

Amoren
2014-06-19, 05:45 AM
By the time the troll made it to the top, there was not a crow behind him. But, glancing back, he'd see to his perhaps startlement a golden scaled dragon, over sixteen feet from nose tip to tail tip, was ascending to catch up to him. And, in a brief moment, the dragon was suddenly over him, dipping its wings to begin circling down onto the top of the large hill, until finally it came to rest with a not to small thud around the top with the other two. For the moment, he waited patiently to listen to their conversation, except to respond to the troll's question, "I caught your hat as you rushed up. Sirenal has it in his safe keeping."

Sønderjye
2014-06-19, 06:24 AM
Thank you my good sir, but who are you? if I may ask James asks the golden dragon.
We didn't see you in this form before right?

----------------------------------------------------

James is displeased with this secretkeeping but he knows that it is rude to keep digging in secrets that people do not wish to be revealed. He follows the mayor.

Amoren
2014-06-20, 04:13 AM
The dragon quirked his snout to the side in response to the question, whilst his long, serpentine tail gives a flick. "I am the crow. My name is Kaldakaczil, but if that proves to difficult to pronounce, you may call me Kal."

Breitheamh
2014-06-23, 12:08 PM
Sirenal reaches the top of the mountain, flipping the top hat between his hands, and rears up at the sight of the little town and the metal mayor. Now I have seen everything, he thinks absently as he approaches the troll in conversation with his young friend.

"I believe this belongs to you," he says, holding the hat out for James. "Before we get too far in this journey together, I hope we could have a moment to discuss our....methods." He looks the troll straight in the eye and gives him a stern look.

He does not like practicing his "stern" face, and as such it comes across as more of a disgusted look.

Sønderjye
2014-06-24, 05:26 AM
Oh a shapeshifter. My pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kaldakaczil. Is that your first name or your surname? James ask.

The troll extends one of his long muscular arms to accept the hat. Thank you mister Sirenal. I almost felt naked without it. He says with a pleasant smile concealing his embarrassment from the episode. He almost starts avoid Sirenal eyes but remember his manners and meet the stern gaze waiting for him to continue

Breitheamh
2014-06-24, 01:41 PM
"You are welcome. You can expect my assistance in whatever you need, at any time." Sirenal holds his eye contact with James and continues, "However, that does not mean I approve of your nonchalant attitude toward death, as it seems to me. Please correct me if I am wrong; I do not wish to create any animosity between us." After a moment longer, he finally looks away. He closes his eyes and takes a deep, cleansing breath, then gazes into the sky, his eyes tracing the scant, wispy desert clouds above them.

Finally the centaur looks back at the troll, his face kinder, the muscles clearly tense around his eyes, trying to hold the look of contentment on his stiff, scaled face. "I apologize for my anger. I spent too long in hatred and pride, and I do not want it to gain a foothold in heart again. But you must understand, the way you spoke of killing every living thing in the desert to combat the vague threat the empire now faces...it was wrong. Violence must be an absolute last resort. Only when diplomacy has failed completely and utterly, should violence be accepted as an option. And even then, death cannot be the goal." As Sirenal speaks, his red eyes give off a sort of inner light, and he is able to put a compassionate look on his face.

Amoren
2014-06-24, 06:35 PM
The young gold dragon gave a visible, but at least reseved, chortle in response to the centaur's statement, the wyrmling coming to 'sit' off to the side of the two. "The threat of force should still be on the table," the dragon responded, adding in after the centaur was finished speaking. "To sit around and 'debate' while evil goes around ruining lives is a vile, despicable path. If any of the things we encounter don't listen to reason and do harm to the innocent, I won't shy my claws away."

Vhaidara
2014-06-24, 07:41 PM
Mayor Dosh speaks up
I hope that there will be no trouble during your stay. And if I may offer input, is it possible that, should the need for violence arise, you simply make strikes aimed to disable rather than kill?

Sønderjye
2014-06-25, 04:21 AM
That is a generous offer however I don't plan on dropping my hat too frequently James says with a smile showing his sharp teeth. He listens carefully to Sirenal's words before replying I never intended to kill the entire desert, I was merely clarifying what we were supposed to do by stating something we most certainly wasn't supposed to do(shh it makes sense in his head). The centaur doesn't want to fight? Is he weak? We can make our focus diplomacy but if I refuse a challenge it would not only be dishonorable to me and us as a group but also to the challenger and I cannot do it.

Forces of evil ehh? So the dragoncrow is one of those guys he thinks although he remains silent and follows the debate.

Don't worry mayor Bosh. I like to allow my opponents to live, it usually bring a better challenge at a later point.

Breitheamh
2014-06-25, 03:12 PM
Sirenal waits until all have spoken their piece, then responds to each in turn, starting with Kal.

"I understand your sentiment, my young friend, but remember that I would not be here myself if not for your parents' faith in me despite my past. Please understand that belief in a hope for redemption no matter how despicable the criminal is the farthest thing from cowardice. If I were willing to shy away from a righteous battle, I would have cast aside my blade years ago."

Then he turns to the metal man listening to their conversation. "Indeed, sir. I can promise you we will not disturb the peace of this place, and I share your feelings toward the avoidance of lethal force."

Finally, he looks back at James. He gives him a quizzical look (which is hard to distinguish from his angry face), trying to decide whether or not the troll is serious. "I am sorry that I misunderstood," he begins tentatively, "and I am relieved. May I ask, though, what takes more honor? To stand firm in dedication to peace, or to give in to violence because of pride?"

Sønderjye
2014-06-25, 07:05 PM
There is no honor in ignoring challenge to the face James says with no doubt in his voice.

Breitheamh
2014-06-28, 03:38 PM
The centaur looks at the troll, sadness apparent in his eyes. "I am sorry you feel that way. I pray you may learn to embrace forgiveness."

Vhaidara
2014-06-28, 08:41 PM
Mayor Dosh motions towards the opening in the wall.
Now, if your dispute is settled, please, allow me to escort you into Snailsberg. Rooms have been prepared for you.

Sønderjye
2014-06-29, 07:22 AM
James scratches his head with a long claw not entirely sure why praying would make him want to give an embrace to this forgiveness. Was the centaur asking for a hug?

He will follow the mayor.

Svata
2014-07-01, 08:56 AM
About two days after arriving in Snailsberg, you see what appears to be a city in the desert benath you. It looks to be currently under construction, but you can't tell if it's all new, or if the citizens are merely expanding their infrastructure.

Breitheamh
2014-07-01, 04:37 PM
After his sunrise prayer, his bladework, and his facial exercises, Sirenal approaches Mayor Dosh about the town below them.

"Mayor Dosh, I am certain you have noticed the town beneath us as we fly overhead. I recommend we call a meeting and discuss our options. However, whatever we decide, we should land, in case the deliberations drag. Unless of course we can hover indefinitely."

Vhaidara
2014-07-01, 04:53 PM
The mountain banks slightly to the left as the Mayor nods.
Very well. It will, of course, slow your arrival, but it is entirely within our power to simply circle this city. Though they may question the fact that a mountain is circling them.

Sønderjye
2014-07-03, 09:47 AM
Our option which are? James asks not excactly getting where this meeting is going.

James wouldn't think of it, but someone more clever might remember that we(being monsters and all) were chosen specifically so we would avoid attracting attention.

Amoren
2014-07-03, 09:05 PM
The gold dragon wandered towards the growing assortment of people, having glanced down at the construction and approaching. "I could go check it out, take the form of a vulture if need be. I'm sure no one will give a second glance to a desert bird buzzing about," he spoke, taking a seat as his long, golden tail flicks this way and that.

Going to make a spot check to see if Kal saw anything more in particular after observing the city for a short while, if only because his keen, dragon senses might allow him a better opportunity than another.

[roll0]

Breitheamh
2014-07-08, 04:42 PM
"I agree, my friend," Sirenal begins after Kal voices his idea. "Someone should go down to give that place a look. This seems as good a place as any to begin our investigation in earnest. However, I'm not sure that it matters if we are seen. We were chosen for our uniquely non-humanoid qualities, as they are more likely to inspire trust in the creatures of the desert. We might consider simply acting like what we are: a group of travelers stopping in a civilized area for supplies and information."

Vhaidara
2014-07-08, 05:05 PM
Mayor Dosh nods.
I was more referring to the fact that anyone who sees a landmass flying over them tends to become nervous. The Breath will most likely be accompanying you.

Sønderjye
2014-07-09, 03:18 AM
Resisting the urge to throw himself off the mountain James nods.

Breitheamh
2014-07-09, 05:31 PM
"Of course the mountain should land out of sight," Sirenal replies. "I just meant that we don't need to disguise our presence." Then, thinking a little deeper about the Mayor's comment, he continues, "The Breath?" His face contorts into something remotely inquisitive.

Vhaidara
2014-07-09, 05:37 PM
Ah, I forgot that it rarely bothers to introduce itself. The Breath is the being that brought you here.
Sirenal feels a tapping on his shoulder. Should he look, nothing is there.

Svata
2014-07-10, 04:06 PM
After you land and travel to the city, you are stoppped at the gate by a Jann, "Halt. Who are you and why do you come to Rilnak?"

Sønderjye
2014-07-15, 10:37 AM
James doesn't really want to speak but when the silence becomes unpleasant he decides to do so anyways. Greetings citizen of Rilnak. My name is James Mulong. We are here because of the construction. You certainly could use more workers, am I correct? James makes sure not to lie. A true gentleman would never tell a lie. Instead he merely provides facts that lead to a false conclusion. Also he is terrible at lying.

Vhaidara
2014-07-15, 10:40 AM
A voice sounds in James' head.
Well spoken, young one.

I just realized Svata stole my chance to say that I need to find a place to park the mountain.

Breitheamh
2014-07-15, 04:28 PM
"Well, in a way," Sirenal tries to explain as James stomps into the conversation ahead of him. "James here is always trying to find ways to boast about his strength, which is very impressive, if I'm being honest. However, we as a whole are simply trying to experience as much of the desert as possible. You could call us travelers, or mercenaries. It depends on who's asking." The centaur barely chokes out the word, "mercenary" as he speaks, but manages to hold his content face intact.

Ok if I go ahead and throw a diplomacy check? Are we using the Giant's fix? I can't remember if that was mentioned in the 16
[roll0]

Svata
2014-07-17, 04:33 AM
"Alright. Welcome then, to the city of Pruj. Be warned, though, if you cause any trouble, you will be forced to leave.

Sønderjye
2014-07-17, 06:33 AM
James tried to think a question really hard and is slightly unsettled by the silence he recieves as answer. Who was this mysterious telepath?

Why is the cowardy dragon centaur telling lies about me? James can feel his temper rising but manages only to give Sirenal an angry gaze. He will need to be confronted but this isn't the time nor place.

When the group have passed the gate he will ask Sirenal with a questioning raised eyebrown When have I been boasting?

Amoren
2014-07-18, 09:36 AM
"Wouldn't dream of it," the young gold dragon responded with a small nod, as well as a somewhat casual flick of his tail.

Svata
2014-07-18, 06:06 PM
He nods. "You, I trust. Keep these others in line, and stay away from the district with the towers. Erfeeti don't much like Gold dragons."

Amoren
2014-07-19, 09:27 AM
The golden scaled lizard offered a small tilt of his head in curiousity towards why those creatures wouldn't trust him, but he gave a small nod. "I'll do my best. Sadly I don't carry my weight around too heavily. Yet. Give me a few years though and I'm sure I could make sure no trouble makers get up to anything."

Svata
2014-07-21, 04:14 PM
As you enter past the Jann, you see the city beyond. To the south lies what pooks to be a market, with the aforementioned towers beyond. East lies a large, intimidating building, surrounded by a residential district. Beyond those is construction. West is more houses, wealthier-looking than the ones to the east, and a handful of inns. In what looks to be roughly the center of the city lies a single, very tall spire.

Breitheamh
2014-07-22, 04:32 PM
Sirenal bows to the Jann and thanks him for his graciousness. The he turns to James with a look of sad compassion and replies, "By your actions, sir, not as much by your words."

Sirenal turns to address the rest of the group as they pass through the gates. "Alright, any ideas where to start? I think it suspicious that these Efreeti would distrust a gold dragon, given what I know of gold dragons, so I think at least one of us should start there. Not Kal, though, obviously. I would suggest someone else go to the market and the inns. Those are generally places where information can be spread and bought, if need be. Anything else?"

Vhaidara
2014-07-22, 04:35 PM
The Breath whispers into Sirenal's ear.
You truly find it suspicious that the tyrants of the plane of fire dislike a breed of dragon that exemplifies truth and justice? They much prefer your breed.

Breitheamh
2014-07-22, 04:43 PM
"Yes, well, that would explain it," Sirenal responds. "Forgive me, I am not terribly familiar with the general dispositions of, well, anything really. Do you think I would be best to investigate there?"

Vhaidara
2014-07-22, 04:50 PM
That depends, holy one. Can you contain your own disposition towards the wicked? I doubt they will appreciate your judgment.
The Breath thinks for a moment.
Perhaps the troll or the kobold would be best. My master can instruct the troll, should he be the only option.

Sønderjye
2014-07-23, 02:49 AM
sir? At least he has some manners. By my actions you say?

James is fine with going to the market

Do we know who the master is/that we have been using a living ride?

Breitheamh
2014-07-29, 09:41 PM
"All hearts are told by actions more than words. You had no reason to climb the side of our mountain," Sirenal responds with the smile of a teacher toward a student. The smile holds for a second before collapsing into horror.

"I beg your forgiveness," he says, his tone changing toward James immediately from condescension to sadness as he bows his head. "It is not my place to judge the heart of anyone. It's a prideful habit I have unfortunately fallen into recently."

Sirenal turns to the Breath before continuing, "It appears I cannot contain myself. I will ask around at the markets. Kal, would you like to accompany me?"

Sønderjye
2014-07-30, 06:28 AM
A vein is pulsing very clearly at James neck but.. Murthoag!. He relaxes a little before speakingIt was never about bolstering. The mountain presented a challenge and a challenge like that is undeclinable.

Seing the horrified expression James reensuringly replies All forgiven

He then looks at the kobold With that out of the way are you ready to go?

Amoren
2014-08-13, 06:53 AM
"If required, I can always take another form..." the young dragon responded, in response to him not checking out the towers. His eyes glance from side to side, and while the dragon does his best to remain... as stoic as one might expect from his breed, there is a hint that he seems a tad bit uncomfortable. "Besides, I'm not used to not wearing the skin of a wolf or eagle around this many people... I wonder if this is how humans feel about being naked?" he mumbled the latter part, musing to himself as he joined the centaur's side, not having any plans of his own after all.

Svata
2014-08-16, 12:52 PM
As you walk around while trying to decide who heads where (because I doubt you'd stand just inside the gate) you all notice several areas where there seems to be a hole in the air, with fire on fhe other side. They all collapse a few seconds later with others popping up and disappearing every few seconds. DC 20 k. arcana or DC 25 k. planes to reconize what they are, DC 12 k. planes to recognize what's on the oter side once you knw what they are.

Breitheamh
2014-08-16, 02:32 PM
Sirenal looks inquisitively at each of the strange phenomena, studying them for the short time it takes for them to disappear again.

"Do any of you know what these are?" he asks the group. "I don't think I've ever seen anything like them before."

Sønderjye
2014-08-16, 07:48 PM
I have no idea James sticks his hand into one of the holes.

Svata
2014-08-16, 10:41 PM
It's unbearably hot, and you take [roll0] fire damage. How long do you leave it in there?

Sønderjye
2014-08-17, 12:58 PM
As the portal closes James presses his upper teeth row hard towards the lower one to conseal the sudden wave of pain he.
His bones slowly extend out from the wound slowly forming first the hand and then fingers. Then comes veins closely followed by flesh. Lastly the red musclemass is covered by green skin.
It felt hot, sort of like a bon fire he says while stretches his fingers making sure everything is in order.

Breitheamh
2014-08-17, 01:13 PM
"I'm not sure that's a good idea, James," the centaur cautions as the troll puts his hand through the portal.

Then the anomaly winks out, severing the troll's hand at the wrist. "James!!" Sirenal shouts in worry as he rushes over. "Are you alright? Here, hold the stu--" In his excitement, Sirenal nearly chokes on his words as the limb begins to regrow.

"Oh," the centaur blinks twice in surprise. "That's certainly not something you see every day."

Sønderjye
2014-08-17, 07:47 PM
You nver know for sure unless you do it James responds seconds before his hand is cut off.

Jqmes smiles reassuringly in response to the question of whether he was alright.

It's a technique that is taught by my he pauses for a second, face turning darker beforementioned continueing in a less enthusiastic tone former tribe

I say technique because being able to regenerate coule in theory be taught to anyone who wouls bother spending a feat and some levels on it.

Amoren
2014-08-18, 05:48 AM
The young dragon seemed to be quite interested in the portal as it popped into existence before him, slinking close enough to bask in the (to him) pleasant warmth that rolled from the portal, although his curiosity was cut short by the portal snapping close, and taking with it a good portion of the troll nearby. He tilted his head to the side, looking as his body began to regenerate, before pondering out loud, "Interesting... I wonder if portals like this naturally occur all over the world? Or how the location between there and here is determined. Do you think all these portals connect to relatively the same area on the other side, or that they vary randomly on the other end?"

Sønderjye
2014-08-19, 02:43 AM
James stand in deep thoughts and doesn't redpond to the question

Svata
2014-08-19, 07:15 PM
A wizened old tiefling walks by, making no sound. "Don't go asking about the portals. Its a good way to get in trouble fast. But, he lowers his voice conspritorially, "If you really must know, go to the Dried Salamander, in the part of the markets near the Drayprak. Er, that's what the locals call the construction area. Ask for old Hok." He slinks off into the shadows between the buildings, just as silently as he approached.

Breitheamh
2014-08-19, 09:54 PM
As the tiefling sneaks back into the alley, Sirenal smiles at their good fortune. "I would imagine that we should start there, Kal. However, I would also suggest we go about this cleverly. We don't know this place, and it doesn't know us." He turns to James. "If you're alright to go, I think you and the Breath should still head to the tower of the Efreeti. If these are portals to their home plane, as would seem to be indicated, and it's dangerous to ask about them, then I think that's exactly what we should do, but with as much subtlety as can be managed."

Sirenal looks at the young dragon and the gentlemanly troll, hopes the Breath is listening, and says determinedly, "Are we agreed? Then lets go," and begins to walk in the direction of the construction zone.

Sønderjye
2014-08-20, 03:37 AM
James nods try to appear as intelligent as possible. Assuming everyone agreed he will swing his stick around and start walking towards the tower of Kal-haters. He quitely whistles a melody.
On the way he will try to do conversation So Breath, what do you do for sports?

Vhaidara
2014-08-20, 11:34 AM
Surprisingly, the Breath answers.
I hunt.

Sønderjye
2014-08-20, 02:01 PM
James feel foolish when he hear the voice comming from the complete opposite direction than the one he was talking to. He turns and replies How interesting. I too enjoy the thrill of the hunt. What is your weapon of choice?

To Svata. Just say when we get to said tower of grillmeisters

Vhaidara
2014-08-20, 02:10 PM
You seem to be under the impression that I need a weapon. I am the air. That is my weapon.

Sønderjye
2014-08-20, 02:22 PM
Oh, you aren't wearing any invisible weapons. How does that work?

Vhaidara
2014-08-20, 02:43 PM
The Breath pauses.
Eh, you're a troll. You'll heal.
A blast of air strikes at James.

I don't normally do PvP, but because of Regen this is completely nonlethal and will be fixed shortly. The Breath couldn't think of a way to explain, so a demonstration was in order.
Attack: [roll0] Against flat footed
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Damage: [roll3]
Sneak Attack: [roll4]

Breitheamh
2014-08-20, 04:41 PM
As they walk toward the Dried Salamander, Sirenal nudges Kal slightly. He smiles and asks jokingly, "Have I embarrassed you yet, Kal?"

Sønderjye
2014-08-22, 02:59 PM
James triew to move his hand to his neck to feel the bruise however he fails because his big muscles block the movement. Quite impressive Breath.
James wants to see how the mighty weapon, that just stroke him looks so he cast see invisibility?
Dooublesupermegainvisibility requires a caster level check to see if it works right? [roll0]

Svata
2014-08-24, 02:51 AM
At the Dried Salamander, which turns out to be a general goods store, not a tavern- As the two of you walk in, the fire genasi at the shop counter looks to you, and inquires, "Newin town, eh? Something I can get you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the base of the tower- A Jann spots James walking towards the entryway, "Hey, no entry. Unless you have express consent from one of the five lords?"

Sønderjye
2014-08-24, 04:26 AM
James leans slightly in a random direction and whispers Quick, what do I say?

Breitheamh
2014-08-24, 07:43 AM
Sirenal smiles at the genasi hoping to put the shopkeeper at ease. "Just passing through." He nonchalantly takes in his surroundings as he walks toward the counter, then leans in close as if examining the woodwork. "Beautiful craftsmanship," he comments. Then he turns to the shopkeeper with a look of curiosity on his face and continues, "I don't suppose you know anything about those strange fire portals out there, do you?"

Svata
2014-08-24, 04:24 PM
"Me? Nah. The boss might, though," he turns toward the back room and shouts, Boss! Some people here want to talk with you!"

"Alright. I'll be out in a second." Sure enough, moments later a middle-aged, bordering on old hobgoblin walks out. He nods politely at you, putting on a pair of glasses, "A gold dragon and a half-dragon centaur, huh? Interesting combnation. What can I do for you today?"

Breitheamh
2014-08-24, 05:02 PM
Surprised by how easy this seemed to be, and growing wary as well, Sirenal examines the hobgoblin.

"Hello, sir. We weren't intending to bother you. Just perusing, thinking aloud, that sort of thing. The portals around town just piqued our curiosity, is all." He tries to give a reassuring smile.

Vhaidara
2014-08-24, 05:07 PM
The voice again echoes in the recesses of James' mind.
You are an ambassador, here to meet with the lords.

Technically not untrue?

Svata
2014-08-24, 09:28 PM
Surprised by how easy this seemed to be, and growing wary as well, Sirenal examines the hobgoblin.

"Hello, sir. We weren't intending to bother you. Just perusing, thinking aloud, that sort of thing. The portals around town just piqued our curiosity, is all." He tries to give a reassuring smile.

"Did the tiefling send you?"

The voice again echoes in the recesses of James' mind.
You are an ambassador, here to meet with the lords.

Technically not untrue?
Assuming James says that

"An ambassador? Where from, and how did you know we were here?

Breitheamh
2014-08-24, 09:58 PM
"Was the tiefling supposed to have sent us?" Sirenal tilts his head innocently at the hobgoblin. It's a hard look to pull off with red scales and fangs.

Amoren
2014-08-25, 06:38 AM
"Why would you embarrass me?" the dragon replied as they made their way towards the shop, his eyes having looked at the tiefling quite suspiciously before he slinked away into some shadowed alley. When they did come to the general store, the dragon remained relatively quiet, letting the half-dragon centaur speak for the moment, although his golden eyes looked over the hobgoblin closely as he spoke.

The dragon will take a sense motive to gain a hunch for the tiefling and hobgoblin, or assess as much as he can from their demeanor/actions.
Tiefling: [roll0]
Hobgoblin: [roll1]

Sønderjye
2014-08-25, 07:20 AM
Was that you? James whispers in said random direction. Assuming the Breath approves of him to say it he will.

-------

James starts to sprout curses, mentally of course, but promptly stops as he remembers that gentlemen not curses. Quick think, where could you be from..
Snailtown James says with a strong voice, he then explains in a very slow voice as if he was talking to someone a tad slow The randomly occuring portals to the elemental plane of fire obviously

He stares the Jann straight into the eyes, as if he's bored he lean to the same side and whispers Give me something impressive on Snailtown, perhaps something the mayor did? He still haven't realised that the warforged mayor isn't the actual leader of the mountain.

A reasonable assumption

Vhaidara
2014-08-25, 08:47 AM
I am the Breath's Master, yes. And Snailtown is known for its production of minor magic utilities. Self cleaning dishes, for example.

Sønderjye
2014-08-25, 08:58 AM
Who are you James mentally shouts.

Vhaidara
2014-08-25, 09:21 AM
I am an ancient ancestor of yours, and an ally. More will be revealed later.

Svata
2014-08-25, 08:14 PM
Listening to your response, he replies, "Snailtown? Oh! Snailsberg. Look, I'll talk to my boss, and see if you were expected."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It doesn't matter if he was supposed to, just tell me if he did. Now." He pulls a dagger out, looking threateningly at you.
you know, you were supposed to askfor him by name....

Breitheamh
2014-08-25, 09:29 PM
While he speaks, Sirenal sends forth his Protective Aura and switches his speech to Goblin, hoping to find some common ground with the defensive hobgoblin.

"If you're Old Hok, then we were sent by some back-alley sneak, who might have been a tiefling. I'm really not familiar with them. However, if you are not that man, then we are just an odd couple of travelers, new in town and a tad curious, and I suggest you forget this conversation ever happened, because you really don't want to do that." Sirenal points to the dagger in Old Hok's hand as he says this last bit, and then grips the handle of his greatsword.

Svata
2014-08-25, 11:31 PM
He grins, putting his dagger away, and chuckes slightly. "I like you. Just being safe. Though since you were sent by Aunit, I trust you. Follow me.
He leads you to the back room.

Amoren
2014-08-26, 10:20 AM
The dragon's guard quickly raised as the other brought out the dagger, although he didn't really consider the weapon to be much of a threat to his scales, and whether it was to Sirenal he didn't know. Still, he leaned his mass forward, wings about to stretch out as if he was going to pounce at the first sign of trouble... At least until the hobgoblin slid away his dagger, a fact which calmed the dragon's nerves... partially. He still flicked his golden gaze towards the centaur, the dragon's expression that a child might give after being unamused by a joke.

He does, however, follow, stepping lightly on his clawed feet as he does so.

Breitheamh
2014-08-26, 09:59 PM
Sirenal gives the hobgoblin a wry smile and steps forward. Before he follows Old Hok, he turns back and gives Kal a wink.

As soon as they enter the room, his face immediately darkens as he gets very serious, very quickly. "Alright, what exactly is going on here?" he asks Old Hok.

Sønderjye
2014-08-27, 07:53 AM
James looks impatiently at the guard. He whispers Are we expected?

Svata
2014-08-27, 02:30 PM
The Jann goes inside the tower, as another comes out. In retrospect, he had obviously been waiting for the other guard to come.

"Right to business, huh? Alright. The portals lead to the plane of fire, as you have figured out, which is the home of our glorious new leaders, the efreeti. Well, they've only been here about four months, and they've ordered all this expansion you've seen. I've been leading a bit of a movement to undermine the things they've built, and its going well. That tiefling you met is Aunit, my right hand man. I've heard that this sort of thing is happening all over the desert, and that once the Efreeti are done, they kick out or enslave the original townspeople. Anything else?

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 02:36 PM
The Breath slips in the open door, and begins to explore the building.

Breitheamh
2014-08-27, 04:28 PM
The centaur cannot hide the horror on his face. The things the Efreeti are apparently doing make his blood boil in anger, and little puffs of smoke curl from his nostrils as he composes himself. He closes his eyes and rubs his temples when Hok finishes speaking. I need to be smart about this. I can't just rush in. I need more information, and I need to know who I can really trust.

He finally looks up at the hobgoblin. "Let me see if I understand this; you've organized a rebel movement to take down ruthless, tyrannical slavers by hindering their progress until they decide to leave, and you're telling me all this only a few minutes after meeting me. Have I got all that correct?

You say you can trust me because I told you I might have met a tiefling who mentioned you by name. With all due respect, and I truly mean that, I do not know if I can trust you. You've just given me a lot of valuable information, and all I had to do was say that a tiefling told me to look for you. How do you know we are not spies?"

There is a short pause while Sirenal collects some more thoughts and takes another deep breath.

"That being said, if what you say is true, I will help, and I believe my friend here could be persuaded to bring down some tyrants as well. However, if what you say is not true, and you are a trap for would be enemies of the Efreeti, then know this: my name is Sirenal, and I have been called Wanderer. This is Kaldakaczil, a noble dragon whose very protective parents asked me to look out for him. I put very little value on my own life, so I will die defending him, and I promise you, killing me will be extremely costly. If someone manages to do so, and then comes after Kal, that person will be forced to contend with two old and very angry dragons and their numerous children. Do I make myself clear?"

After making his point and giving Hok a short, intense staredown, Sirenal smiles at Kal and says, "Not that you can't handle yourself, Kal. I know you're at least as good as me in a fight. I'm just saying I'll die before I let anything happen to you."

Sønderjye
2014-08-27, 05:23 PM
James is slightly unsettled by the lack of answer. He tries leaning to the other side and repeating the question, not knowing that Breath isn't around anymore.

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 06:05 PM
The Breath returns, and the Mountain establishes a Mindlink through its servant to James before returning to its scouting.
If they know of my town, it is not my doing.

Sønderjye
2014-08-27, 06:24 PM
Oh, ehm, do we have a reason for being here then? James whispers. He feels insufficient because he isn't sure of what to do now and sort of forgot why they came here in the first place.

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 06:29 PM
You need only think your questions. The Breath is investigating now, but it can only check documents. Simply relay their statements to me, and I will help you answer.

Sønderjye
2014-08-27, 06:52 PM
Releaved that some of the preassure is taken off his shoulders James thinks forward So he'll come back and say that we don't have an appointment, what will we do?

Vhaidara
2014-08-27, 06:58 PM
We know that we don't have an appointment. We are requesting a meeting with the leaders, since Snailsburg was in the area and saw the settlement. Always interested in trading partners.

Sønderjye
2014-08-27, 07:05 PM
Oh. We should probably have told him.

Svata
2014-08-27, 11:54 PM
He grins, "You travel with a gold dragon. If I cannot trust you, then who can I? And I only tell you because I am desperate for any help I can get. It has been going poorly, recently, and I believe they may have discovered my operation."

"You were not expected. Would you like to make an appointment? If not, then I will have to ask you to leave, sir."

Sønderjye
2014-08-28, 04:44 AM
James sighs before speaking Make an appointment. Snailsburg is interested in making this city a trading partner.

Breitheamh
2014-08-28, 08:20 AM
"I would not be so quick to judge someone by the color of their skin, and that sentiment goes both ways," Sirenal warns as he extends his hand. "But in this case, you are right. As we speak, two of our number are attempting to gain access to the Efreeti's tower. We will see what information they can find when we rendezvous. Until then, what do you require of us?"

Svata
2014-08-28, 10:25 AM
"Alright," he goes to set up the appointment.

"Amongst the construction, there should be the foundation of a building. Should be long and rectangular. They claim it would be a library, but I've seen blueprints, at this he gestures to some pinned to the wall behind him "Slave quarters is what tuey are. There should be rods of iron to reinforce the structure, and some holes where they have yet to put some in. Pour the conents of this barrel beside me into them. Then light a tindertwig, and run like you've been caught sneaking into Hextor's home. Should explode nicely.

Sønderjye
2014-08-28, 11:05 AM
James starts to whistle to kill time. So.. Do you do this kind of stuff a lot? He asks the voices in his head.

Vhaidara
2014-08-28, 11:32 AM
Which part, the infiltration or the talking to distant relatives?

Sønderjye
2014-08-28, 11:50 AM
I was thinking of the infiltration part but now that you mention it, would't this be a good time for revealing more Smaul James thinks, pauses the asks Aunt Morpha?

Vhaidara
2014-08-28, 02:48 PM
Smaul?

No one you know. I will explain after you leave this city. It will be...easier that way.

Sønderjye
2014-08-29, 02:49 AM
Funny, the voices in my head isn't very talkative. James thinks to himself before he giggles at his own joke.

Breitheamh
2014-08-30, 08:35 AM
Sirenal looks at Hok skeptically. "Alright, how do we make sure there is no one around to be caught in the blast?"

Svata
2014-08-30, 03:25 PM
He looks at you flatly, "No one lives there. Just wait until the workers go home, and you should be fine."

Sønderjye
2014-08-31, 07:33 AM
James starts to wonder if the guard is actually making an appointment or is making him wait solely for the giggles.

Breitheamh
2014-08-31, 07:44 AM
"I'm still not sure," Sirenal replies. His eyes suddenly begin to glisten and his voice cracks slightly as he says, "The last time I thought no innocents were there I killed the woman I love." He wipes his eyes and looks at Kal.

"What do you think Kal?"

Svata
2014-08-31, 09:55 AM
After an extended absence, he returns. "You have been granted a meeting. Tomorrow at noon. Here's your pass, but it is only good for you." He hands you a thin piece of obsidian, carved with words in a language you don't know.

Hok nods sympathetically, "Though I dislike it, I understand your hesitation. Do not worry, the area has no residents, and beggars know to stay well away. They act as my eyes in these matters, in return for food and occasional shelter from the weather. Once the workers leave for the night, the only people around are the Fire Genasi and Jann guards. And they serve the Efreet out of choice, not coercion. No innocents will be harmed.

Sønderjye
2014-08-31, 10:19 AM
James takes the paper with a nod. He then goes off to practice one of his less gentleman-like tendencies. Gambling.

Profession(gambler) [roll0]
I think keledrath is waiting for you to tell what Breath discovers

Vhaidara
2014-08-31, 11:23 AM
That was covered via PM. But it would take up time.

The voices echoes through James' mind.
They are suspicious of us. The Breath will accompany you to you meeting tomorrow.

Sønderjye
2014-08-31, 04:19 PM
James looks up from his cards. One would expect them to be suspecious, I will contact Siren.. the centaur and the dragon shortly. He is slightly embarrised that he was unable to remember the names of his two travelling comrades. He collect whatever he managed to win, if any, and sends the mean-looking giant across the table a smile before leaving.

When outside he will cast Locate Object (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/locate-object--2506/) to find the fancy shining armor the trustworthy dragon was wearing. He will follow the direction until he finds them or the house they are in. Knock if inside a house and wait for answer.

Svata
2014-08-31, 08:49 PM
After a bit, you track them to the Dried Salamander. The door to the back room they are in is closed and locked.

Svata
2014-09-04, 10:45 PM
After arriving at the Salamander, whatdo James and the Breath do?

Sønderjye
2014-09-05, 02:38 AM
Kick in the door! or given his good manners he would probably knock first.

Breitheamh
2014-09-05, 09:35 AM
Sirenal hears the knock and grips the hilt of his sword, then looks at Old Hok. "Are you expecting someone?"

Svata
2014-09-06, 08:33 AM
"No, I was not," he raises his voice, Who's there?!

Sønderjye
2014-09-06, 04:45 PM
Despite what James knows he is supposed to think and feel, he secretly hopes that whoever just answered is going to deny him access. His muscles are eager to be used after to many days of inactivity.

My name is James Mulong. Is Kal and Sirenal in here? He replies

Breitheamh
2014-09-06, 06:22 PM
The centaur visibly relaxes. "That's one of our companions," he says to Hok, then turns to the door and continues, "Come in, James."

Sønderjye
2014-09-06, 06:52 PM
Hearing the invitation James quickly graps the handle and in one movement jerks it down and pushes the door in.

Str check to accidently ruining the handle and/or door [roll0]

Svata
2014-09-06, 09:22 PM
The door breaks around the lock. You'll have to pay to fix that,"

Sønderjye
2014-09-07, 05:32 AM
The door makes a crack and slowly opens revealing the big troll still holding a handle in his hands. Oh Is the most clever thing James can think of saying I'll fix it He then starts to try to repair the damage by pushing the handle into the hole on the door and make it stick.

After a couple of tries he leave it hanging in there while saying I promise I will come back and fix it tomorrow He then remembers why he came and study Sirenal deeply, looking for clues in his body language, as he says So what have you discovered?

Breitheamh
2014-09-07, 08:58 AM
"Not trying to be difficult, James, but before I tell you what's happening here, I'd like to know what you discovered, as it may make a difference to what happens here next." The centaur looks at James completely seriously, but hinting slightly at his tears of moments ago.

Sønderjye
2014-09-07, 09:19 AM
Glad for an opportunity to change the attention from the.. accident James quickly replied We didn't discover much sadly. The place is guarded and we got an appointment for tomorrow. However Breath managed to sneak in and might have learned something, right Breath He says the last part to the air beside him.

Vhaidara
2014-09-07, 09:51 AM
We attracted suspicion, of course. Slightly concerning is that we were expected. They knew that spies would be coming. They have plans to enslave this area, then let half of the refugees "escape" to the north to cause dissent there before they follow through with another subjugation.

Sønderjye
2014-09-07, 10:26 AM
How nice of them to let some people escape James adds in.

Breitheamh
2014-09-07, 11:54 AM
"They knew that spies would be coming? Did they know specifically that there are plans to bring them down, or are they simply cautious as part of the nature of their work?"

Sirenal turns to Hok. "If they knew that someone was trying to spy on them, they may already know about your plans, Hok. I defer to your judgment in the defense of your home, but I would warn that if they suspect, it may be best to change your course of action."

Svata
2014-09-09, 01:16 AM
The breath recalls that they had mentioned a resistance movement, but no more than that it had been more successful than expected.

Vhaidara
2014-09-10, 08:33 AM
The efreeti are aware of the resistance. It concerns them.

Sønderjye
2014-09-10, 08:42 AM
Great, with that out of the world what has happened here? James asks, both to Sirenal and the weird-looking imp.. or whatever the thing was.

Breitheamh
2014-09-11, 05:15 PM
"Well, James, this is the resistance," Sirenal says, gesturing to the hobgoblin. "This is Old Hok, the man the Tiefling told us to find. We are in the process of discussing his plans to destroy a building site that is going to be used as slave quarters after completion."

"Hok, you said you were worried that your operation had been discovered. The Breath has told us that the Efreeti are concerned by the resistance. While it may feel good to know that you are more than a simple annoyance to them, I'd suggest more caution than blowing up a building site. Perhaps more information can be gleaned from James' meeting tomorrow, and perhaps a coordinated effort in the tower of the Efreeti and in the city will enable more effective action to be taken. But again, I defer to your judgment with the liberation of your own home."

Sønderjye
2014-09-12, 04:23 AM
Oh my pleasure mr. Resistance James says with a bow to the hobgoblin before looking around to try to find a the man named Old Hook. Is there any actual humans in here?

What kind of information do you feel are lacking Sirenal?

Breitheamh
2014-09-12, 09:25 AM
"Anything you can find would be useful. How many are they? Why are they doing this? Do they have plans to deal with the resistance? I'd like to know if they can be persuaded to leave without violence. That last question may require a judgment call, but I think we can all agree it would be better to end their tyranny with as few lives lost as possible."

Sønderjye
2014-09-12, 10:12 PM
James remembers his training as gentleman It is unlikely that they will reveal any usefull details regarding their oppinion on the resistance, motives or similar since they are suspecious on us in the first place. I might however have something that would help.

He turns to Old Hook: Mister Resistance, I request a finely polished silver mirror of at least the value of a thousand gold pieces, a description of the leader and if you have it either a body part, a possesion or a picture from the leader.

Then he leans to a random side and asks: Or Breath do you have find out anything about the leader or some of the other stuff I asked for?

Svata
2014-09-16, 03:47 PM
No, no humans anywhere around. It was mentioned that next to none live in the desert.

Old Hok hands you a flier with the words, "welcome the new lords of your city, for great is their wrath if you should not" with the image of six efreet on it. "There's a scrying mirror on the back wall," he replies, gesturing toward it. "And alright, we'll play this one your way."

Sønderjye
2014-09-17, 01:38 AM
James takes the flier, giggles a bit and read through it. Before going to the scrying mirror he asks So have you tried scrying them before?

On the way to the scryng mirror he realises something and whispers to Sirenal Ehm so I kinda forgot. Why is it that we are doing blow up the factory again?

For anyone faintly familiar with magic, what James is doing to the mirror doesn't even look magical. While the words does sound like something from a spell, his gestures are basicly him beating up the air with a fierce look in his eyes.

Compiled information for the scrying
Standard DC 24(level 4, 10 str) +2 from spin fate for a total of 26
Since I have only heard of the subject they get a +5 which is decreased to +3 because of the picture

Breitheamh
2014-09-17, 08:44 AM
Sirenal smiles at James. "We're not blowing up anything if we can help it. But if I have anything to say about it, the Efreeti will no longer trouble the people of this desert, even if I am forced to resort I violence."

Sønderjye
2014-09-17, 09:06 AM
James look at the flier. Let's hope it comes to that​

Svata
2014-09-18, 09:20 AM
[roll0] (save vs scrying)

"No, I am no wizard. The mirror is there for if I ever recruited one. And we were blowing it up because it was actually going to be a slave pen."

Sønderjye
2014-09-18, 02:58 PM
Blasted! James shouts as he graps his stick, raises it above his head and jerks it towards the mirror. Less than an inch away from the glass he manages to stop himself and instead puts the stick to the ground leaning towards it. ​What now?

Breitheamh
2014-09-18, 09:58 PM
Sirenal looks at the angry troll in dismay. "It was an excellent idea, James, but I think now we just wait. While you're meeting the Efreet tomorrow, I'll be gathering brave souls willing to fight for their home. We'll meet afterward and coordinate the effort to bring down these tyrants without violence.

Hok, how many rebels could you call to action at a moment's notice? I would very much like to speak with them."

Sønderjye
2014-09-19, 07:15 PM
That's not good enough James feels his pulse raising and he knocks three times on the wooden floor and a number of semitangible, visible magical orbs emit from his grip on the stick. He speaks in a loud and clear voice Find and stalk these Efreets He shows the orbs the flier Stay out of sight and within one mile of me. Report if you find usefull information or after 7 hours.

Number of Prying Eyes (http://dndtools.eu/spells/players-handbook-v35--6/prying-eyes--2508/) [roll0]

Svata
2014-09-20, 01:10 AM
"Quickly? Several dozen. Given a day or two? Four, maybe five hundred, which is the total of our force. We're outnumbered about two to one by the jann and genasi force the efreet control, though. Which is why we're mainly focusing on covert operations."

James' eyes only manage to find that they stay in the tower, giving orders through their lieutenants to the bulk of their forces. There is a rigid commqnd structure which you can possibly figure out, if you want to. DC 15 Int check to do so.

Breitheamh
2014-09-21, 02:20 PM
"I would ask you to gather them at a safe place in two days. If I may speak to them, I will explain the plan then. In the meantime, James, please continue to find out what you can about the Efreet forces. Their command structure, their assets, anything. Breath, please guide him through it. I will see what can be found by talking to the Genasi and Jann, if you could show me the best place to find them, Hok. We should rendezvous tomorrow after the meeting, somewhere besides this shop. Is this agreeable to everyone?"

Sirenal goes into fearless warrior of virtue mode as he quickly puts together a plan of information gathering. Behind his eyes, however, a worried thought nags at him. He is not sure if he can succeed in diplomatically driving out the Efreet, and if it comes to violence, he is not sure if this little rebellion can defeat the lords of the plane of fire.

Sønderjye
2014-09-22, 02:03 PM
James grap all the eyes in his massive hands and smash them together, crushing them into small pieces that quickly disolves. Useless

He nods at Sirenal and starts mumbling while crushing the air above the mirror.

Scrying the Jinn he met at the gate. DC 24. No modifier.

Svata
2014-09-22, 06:56 PM
[roll0] You find him sitting at a table in the barracks, eating amd talking with his friends.

Svata
2014-09-23, 06:23 PM
After a bit, they leave to patrol, arresting a familiar-looking tiefling, and taking him to a prison complex. The building is fairly distinct, and you could find ot easily. What do you do?

Breitheamh
2014-09-23, 09:13 PM
Sirenal peers over James' shoulder for just long enough to catch a glimpse of Aunit's face as he is led away in chains.

"Hok!" he shouts. "Come see this! That's Aunit being arrested, isn't it?"

Sønderjye
2014-09-24, 12:29 AM
Aunit? James have a very concentrated face as he tries to remember where he have seen the tiefling before.

Svata
2014-09-25, 03:39 AM
"Damn! It is him. New top priority is saving his ass. They have interrogation methods that could break the strongest beings, and I'm afraid Aunit is not known for his willpower, and he is my second-in-command. I will create a distraction, draw them away. Free him, or we're all doomed."

Breitheamh
2014-09-25, 08:58 AM
"Alright! Let's get going!" Sirenal opens the door and gallops out onto the street.

Sønderjye
2014-09-26, 05:27 AM
Slowly, very slowly James realises what's going on. A big grin forms on his face as he rubs his hands. Finally a fight!

Svata
2014-09-26, 07:31 AM
As you leave, you see the person at the counter reading a scroll, and sending a message to some people. Then, as you go toward the prison, several buildings are lit on fire in the residential area on the other side of town. It becomes obvious that this is your distraction.

Breitheamh
2014-09-26, 11:57 AM
"Is Hok insane?!" Sirenal yells in frustration as he sees the flames peek over the tops of the buildings and pulls up short, rearing back on his hind legs. "This is his idea of a distraction? Set things on fire? Risk burning down the city he's trying to free and and possibly killing hundreds of people in the process?"

He turns to James and gestures vaguely to the air. "Breath! James! Can you guys handle the prison? Someone needs to protect the city from that fire."

Svata
2014-09-26, 01:04 PM
You get a Sending Hok says don't worry about the fire. It was placed to not spread beyond where he wants it. Trust him, dont worry, and free Aunit.

Vhaidara
2014-09-26, 01:21 PM
The Breath simply breezes along towards its destination.

Breitheamh
2014-09-26, 02:56 PM
Sirenal pauses for a moment in confusion after the message he just received. Thoughts race thorugh his mind, trying to determine the right thing to do.

Sirenal, curb your pride, lest you compromise your righteousness for selfish gain. Remember, it starts with subtle things, but pride will grow until it has consumed everything you love. You are not the only one trying to protect this city here. Hok is a smart man, and beyond that, he seems like a good man. He will not let innocent civilians die, and entrusted you with the freedom of his city and the rescue of his right-hand man. You need to trust him to what is right.

After a few moments of contemplation, he gallops to catch up with the Breath and James. "Alright, I don't think subtlety is our friend here. We need to do this quickly, and we don't have time to plan properly. I say we enter and ask for Aunit's release, and use force only if they refuse three times."