PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a creature

Baroknik
2014-06-07, 09:24 PM
So long story short, I'm going to be starting up a new campaign soon and have permission from my DM to stack a couple of templates that normally aren't allowed (the second one is normally inherited).

Anyway, what I'm looking to do is use Incarnate Construct followed by Spellwarped to make a Forsaker with VoP.

My ideal prospect:

Large sized construct with 3 HD and no LA. (Or just ECL of "3" on entry).

If you can find a creature that can be turned into an effigy beforehand my DM has okayed that as well (he's being pretty lenient since I won't have any magic whatsoever available).

Falcon X
2014-06-08, 03:23 AM
Good luck. The only Large Construct I can think of is Warforged Charger, and it's LA+4.

You could always be a flesh golem, Large Animated object, or some other unintelligent construct. Have a backstory where a wizard cast "Awaken Construct" on you. There are no Level Adjustments listed, so it's any man's game.

Baroknik
2014-06-08, 03:28 AM
That's one of the benefits of being able to use an Effigy creature -- if I can find basically any 3 HD 0 LA large creature I can probably effigy it up.

nedz
2014-06-08, 09:54 AM
Looking at CArc p 152 — the effigy template can be added to any corporeal real aberration, animal, dragon, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid of vermin.
That's quite a large collection.

The Viscount
2014-06-09, 05:11 PM
Closest along that line I can find is the Maug, which is Large and 2HD, but +3 LA. If you don't mind my asking, why are you using incarnate construct instead of building a half-ogre?

Darrin
2014-06-09, 06:21 PM
Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale is large, 3HD, LA +0.

Baroknik
2014-06-09, 08:27 PM
Closest along that line I can find is the Maug, which is Large and 2HD, but +3 LA. If you don't mind my asking, why are you using incarnate construct instead of building a half-ogre?

Two benefits for the incarnate construct:

1) the -2 LA would mesh very well with a 3+ RHD system since I am building it for spell resistance (not optimal but it fits the character)
2) fluff-wise I want it to be something similar to Frankenstein's monster -- the result of a strange experiment and incarnate construct seems to fit that bill rather nicely

Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale is large, 3HD, LA +0.

And I may have just found a winner -- talk about feeling like an outcast. I was created as a strange whale-man construct and then experimented on, pretty sure "finding my people" will be impossible so I won't have a reason to retire my character any time soon!

So at ECL 5 I could have the following:

Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale
3 HD (d8)
STR +8, DEX +4, CON +4, WIS +4, CHA -4
NA +9
30 ft speed

Apply Effigy
Change HD to d10
Bonus 30 HP
NA +2 (+11 total)
2 Slam Attacks (1d6 + STR)
Con --
Int --
Gain DR 1/adamantine
STR +4 (+12), DEX -2 (+2), WIS = 11, CHA = 1

Apply Incarnate Construct
Change HD to d8
Speed 40 ft
NA capped at +9 (+9)
Lose all natural attacks
Unarmed Strike for 1d4 subdual
Lose DR
Good Fort
CHA raised to 3, roll for CON/INT (4d6 drop lowest)

Apply Spellwarped (Normally inherited, allowed to be added after incarnate construct to signify further experimentation)
Type: Aberration
NA +2 (+11)
SR 11 + HD
Spell Absorption
STR +4 (+16), DEX +2 (+4), CON +4 (+8), INT +4

Take first level of Forsaker (with 1 flaw used to help acquire feats)
Gain SR 10 + Forsaker level (Stacks with other SR)
Ability bonus + 1
Fast healing 1 (10)
Forsake Magic

NET ECL 5 character:
3d8 + 1d12 + 30 + 4x(CON bonus) HP
Speed 40 ft
NA + 11
SR 21 + HD + Forsaker level (26)
Spell Absorption
Fast Healing 1 (10 total/day)
Forsake Magic
Ability bonus + 1 (my choice)
STR +16, DEX +4, CON + 8, WIS 11, INT +4, CHA rolled

Am I missing anything?

nedz
2014-06-09, 09:03 PM
Ah, these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grand_Ball_Given_by_Whales_%28Vanity_Fair,_18 61%29.jpg) you mean. I think these ones took at least one level in Aristocrat.