PDA

View Full Version : Fat Bastard [Prestige Class]

Tomb Mote Ninja
2007-02-20, 10:59 PM
This was meant as a joke that I decided to post here because everyone I showed it to laughed their asses off. I'm sure I'll get flamed about this being stupid but I don't care I think it's funny.

Prestige Class: Fat Bastard

Prerequisites:

Race - Human

Weight - Over 250

Special Abilities - Swallow Whole

Skills - Gluttony 10 ranks, Sloth 10 ranks, Profession (Contest Eating) 15 Ranks

Character's parents must not have been married at the time of the character's birth.

Class Attributes:

Movement Speed - 10 feet

Dexterity Penalty -5

Will Penalty - 5

Fortitude Bonus +7

Reset Reflex Base Save to zero regardless of previous class' save.

Damage Resistance 8

If a character playing the Fat Bastard prestige class is in sight of food he relentlessly pursues the food autmoatically passing all Will saves until he has consumed all food in sight. It an illusion of food is cast while food is already present the Fat Bastard makes a Will save, upon failure he finds that the illusionary food looks much tastier than the real food and attempts to eat it instead.

Neek
2007-02-20, 11:06 PM
What's the benefit? Besides DR?

Even more, you could convert it into a Transmutation spell. That'd be nice. TURN people into Fat Bastards. ;)

Mewtarthio
2007-02-20, 11:11 PM
I dunno, it seems more like a template to me.

NB Fat Bastard's a character from Austin Powers. Just in case anyone was wondering... or worse, giving up wondering in lieu of conclusion-jumping

Korias
2007-02-20, 11:14 PM
You need to put a bit more thought in it.
What is the Gluttony Skill? The Sloth Skill?
When do you get DR?
How do you get the swallow whole ability?
The Dexterity Penalty: NO. No, no, and no. Penalizing a characters atribute by 1 is just painful. by 5? Thats essentialy killing the character. No +7 Fort save is going to cancel that out, let alone the will save penalty.
More over, where are your progressions? At what level do we get certain stuff? How do we end up with +7 Fort?

Overall, this class has no value, except for RP. And even then, it detracts from the character. You want to make a "fat Bastard"? Make your character fat, and have him be a bastard. You dont need to waste levels on an RP class that doesnt even give you a positive outcome.

Tomb Mote Ninja
2007-02-20, 11:14 PM
There's not really supposed to be a benefit. Like I said it was meant for laughs. It would be especially funny as a Transmutation I'll admit. Then it changes from a joke to a weapon ......

Roderick_BR
2007-02-21, 05:54 AM
I had a whole "Fat" PrC done once... It was based on a cleric PrC from a compendium book. I thought it lacked a lot of rules, so I improved on it... later I made it alignment free, and made it into a general/fighter class.
.. Yes, it has a "hunger frenzy" ability... XD

Korias
2007-02-21, 08:28 PM
There's not really supposed to be a benefit. Like I said it was meant for laughs. It would be especially funny as a Transmutation I'll admit. Then it changes from a joke to a weapon ......

Very true. But a PRC That has absolutely NO Practical use whatsoever is useless, without anything. It has no positive return sheet. Consider, for a moment if you will.
Their is NO HD.
Their is NO BAB.
Their is NO level Progression.
You get NO Reflex Save anymore. All your hard work in rogue? Gone.
You take a -5 WIll save penalty. You are now 25% more likely to fail a will save. PrCs are meant to be taken at lvl 5 or higher. Lvl 5 or higher wizards have a lot of charm spells, and other spells which have a large amount of spells which require will saves.

True. This would be much better as a spell, but It would make no sense to actualy have it permanent. Perhaps for a long duration (3d2 days) and be removed with a remove curse.

Neek
2007-02-21, 09:07 PM
As a spell, it shouldn't automatically transform the target into a Fat Bastard, but rather drive them into a feeding frezy until they turn into a Fat Bastard (which is a Template Overlay).

Xerillum
2007-02-21, 09:11 PM
you forgot the "Sumo wrassle" class ability, and "skin flaps of doom"

brian c
2007-02-22, 08:23 PM
Very true. But a PRC That has absolutely NO Practical use whatsoever is useless, without anything. It has no positive return sheet. Consider, for a moment if you will.
Their is NO HD.
Their is NO BAB.
You take a -5 WIll save penalty. You are now 25% more likely to fail a will save. PrCs are meant to be taken at lvl 5 or higher. Lvl 5 or higher wizards have a lot of charm spells, and other spells which have a large amount of spells which require will saves.

True. This would be much better as a spell, but It would make no sense to actualy have it permanent. Perhaps for a long duration (3d2 days) and be removed with a remove curse.

I do hope this isn't serious criticism, seeing as it wasn't really a serious class. At any rate, of course it would be a pretty bad idea for a rogue to take levels in Fat Bastard. I'm willing to say it would be a bad idea for anyone to take levels in Fat Bastard as the class is written right now, because it's not intended to actually be taken by a PC. Maybe it would be fun to use as a template for a Fat Bastard NPC...

Demented
2007-02-22, 08:50 PM
It'd make a hilarious template.
Obviously, it is too vague to be a PrC.

As far as gameplay is concerned...

"When you absolutely, positively, have to have the Swallow Whole ability...."

Tomb Mote Ninja
2007-02-22, 11:48 PM
Their is NO HD.
Their is NO BAB.

It's not supposed to be no reflex save at all, it was just meant that however high it had gotten from your first class it would revert to zero and begin progressing again, and before you start asking for the progressions AGAIN remember that this was simply intended to make my friends laugh, which it did, and I wanted to see if other people would laugh as well.

As for the reflex and will penalties they were intended to show A) how slow fat people are and B) how weak willed they are (since they can't stop eating.) And before you start yelling at me for flaming fat people be aware that I'm an overly large person myself, which is probably why my friends laughed so hard.

This was never intended to be played, as I stated at the very begining, and don't see how you can't look past how weak a character this would make.

And as for you saying that some insane person would go from being an insanely sneaky rogue to a fat class that would be impossible to hide :smallconfused: instead of an Assassin, well you sir are simply an idiot.

Korias
2007-02-23, 05:12 PM
It's not supposed to be no reflex save at all, it was just meant that however high it had gotten from your first class it would revert to zero and begin progressing again, and before you start asking for the progressions AGAIN remember that this was simply intended to make my friends laugh, which it did, and I wanted to see if other people would laugh as well.
So they do get a reflex save? If so, When?

As for the reflex and will penalties they were intended to show A) how slow fat people are and B) how weak willed they are (since they can't stop eating.) And before you start yelling at me for flaming fat people be aware that I'm an overly large person myself, which is probably why my friends laughed so hard.
Heh, Im overly large too. But I still have sharp reflexes. Just a slow move speed, which has been illustrated.

This was never intended to be played, as I stated at the very begining, and don't see how you can't look past how weak a character this would make.

I can look past alot of things. Its just that theirs nothing but the bare facts.

And as for you saying that some insane person would go from being an insanely sneaky rogue to a fat class that would be impossible to hide :smallconfused: instead of an Assassin, well you sir are simply an idiot.
True, but If you were a Barbarian 5 that took Rogue for the sneak attack (Lets say, to 3d6, which puts us at Bar5/Rog5). That makes you have a reflex save of +5 without Magic Items. Now he wants to get more fortitude saves and DR, which the Assassin PRC does not have. He takes a level in Fat bastard, which not only nulls his Reflex save, it also reduces is dex by 5, Nullifying his Uncanny Dodge, His Will save is now Negative if he didnt have a wisdom mod, He has a maximmum movement of 20 (10 Base from Fat bastard, +10 From fast movement), Which is bad for his rages, and atop all that, He will be constantly eating, giving him no chance to actualy rage or sneak attack at all.

I do hope this isn't serious criticism, seeing as it wasn't really a serious class. At any rate, of course it would be a pretty bad idea for a rogue to take levels in Fat Bastard. I'm willing to say it would be a bad idea for anyone to take levels in Fat Bastard as the class is written right now, because it's not intended to actually be taken by a PC. Maybe it would be fun to use as a template for a Fat Bastard NPC...
Actualy, it was.
Instead of a PRC, this is a template. Call it OCD, call it being idiotic, I call it being me. I REALLY hate it when people say things that arent true about DnD.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-02-23, 05:30 PM
This isn't a class, as other people have said. It is a template. A template with no real benifits.

Fredderf
2007-02-23, 05:41 PM
Good lord! Can't we all leave it be? It is obvious this is a template, not a PRC, no need to reiterate that. It is also a JOKE! No need to wonder why a rogue would take this on because HE WON'T! Who have ranks in Contest Eating anyways. Just chill out and take it as the joke it was intended to be.