PDA

View Full Version : Naruto d20 (Team B)

Pages : [1] 2

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-20, 11:31 PM
The sun was high up in the sky, sending its bright rays of sunlight across the blue dome that covered the land. Clouds drifting about lazily as if unhurried about where they had to go and who they had to rain on. In the land squashed between the Land of Wind and the Land of Fire, a large collection of buildings marked the presence of one of the nigh-famous Hidden Shinobi villages. Concealed in the shadow of a massive overhang of stone and the huge tree that grew on its peak, a cool shade covered the town and most of the nearby lands in the valley. A large waterfall cascaded from the north end and became a river that travelled the entire length to exit out into forests and lakes. Birds flitted happily through the air and a quiet murmur was in the air. It always was, even if there was nobody actually awake and about, one mystery of this place.

A battered and burned wall surrounded this sleepy place, scars from battles long past marring its perfect white surface with three gates. One to the west, south, and north while the east side only had a gaping hole with construction crews scurrying about it. The interior of the village had the same scars as the wall that protected it though there was considerably more work done to repair the damages to it. Some buildings actually looked new and fresh. A sprawling noble complex with the symbol of the infamous Mibu clan. A tall and dome-like building in the center of the village, the residence and office of the village leader. And of course the Academy itself has been completely repaired and fixed. Fewer people then normal were bustling about the city but it was a healthy sort of buzz. The kind that showed that this village, despite its hardships was just beginning to recover from whatever tragedy had befallen it. Shops and restruants getting enough business to pull them by. Children playing in the street with toys. Wives or husbands putting clothes up on the line.

A simple day for many of the normal folk in the village of Kagekure, but it was one rocked by suspicion, scandal, and new faces. The entire village was abuzz with the news that three Jounin had gone missing from the village with naught a trace or sign of them. Supposedly the three teams of Genin under them were going to be getting new instructors today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All three of the teenagers had the same thing happen to them that morning. A mousy woman wearing the forehead protector of a shinobi had arrived at their homes, telling their parents/care takers/guardians that they were to report to the entrance of the catacomb network in the over hangs side to meet their new instructor by one o' clock. It was drawing close to "game time" so to speak and still none of them had arrived...

((Post entrances, get to know each other for a bit, and then it begins!))

PhoeKun
2007-02-21, 01:14 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

One slow step after another. That is how Mitsuhide approached the meeting place. There was never a need to rush, unless he was running late, and he rarely ran late.

Loose fitting dark blue pants covered his legs, and a long sleeved shirt of the same color covered his chest and arms. One black gloved hand rested on the hilt of a katana, while the other swayed back and forth as he walked. His ponytail likewise swayed with each step, tending towards the left shoulder.

At last, he comes to a stop in the designated meeting area. He looks around, but sees no one else.

"I am the first to arrive, it seems."

PokeTheBard
2007-02-21, 05:49 AM
Inosuki Kaori

The wait is short-lived for Mitsuhide. He is joined by Kaori, who as ever seemed to appear from nowhere. The masked boy raises a hand in greeting, his fingerless gloves apparently dusty.

Getting ever closer, Kaori dusts down his turquoise and grey robes and sashes.

"Good afternoon, Mitsuhide-san!"

PhoeKun
2007-02-21, 01:03 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

The younger boy turns around and bows politely to the elder Kaori.

"Good afternoon, Kaori-san. Are you well?"

PokeTheBard
2007-02-21, 03:06 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori grins, although it is barely visible under his mask.

"As well as can be expected, although I seem to ache somewhat. How is life treating you?"

SacredStorm
2007-02-21, 07:10 PM
Sammu

The sun was already high in the sky when Sammu awoke from his deep sleep. It did not take any sort of instrument of telling-time to make him realize that he had awaken too late. "Kuso! They're probably already waiting for me!" The young swordsman curses to himself. Sammu flings himself off his dirt-ridden bed and runs towards his closet that was just filled the day before.

Inside the closet, Sammu was able to find his light armor, his kimono, and even his hakama easily. Pulling each item out of the huge pile of miscellaneous items was a burden, but he soon was able to put everything on. First, his light vest that served for extra protection was stuffed under everything while his bright red kimono fit perfectly over it. His long skirt, his hakama, was then placed over his waist. Everything was almost ready before he looked to the far corner of his apartment.

There placed on the wall suspended by two hooks was a metal sheath carrying what seemed to be a katana. Sammu stepped towards the ornate sheathe and bowed his head before retrieving it. The katana holder was crafted with decorations of trees, bushes, and plants carved everywhere around it. Sammu smiled as he tied it around his own obi, his own large belt that was already fastened around his hakama. With everything ready, Sammu headed off to the location he was told to be at.

Running with his right hand holding his katana in place, the young swordsman made his way to his fellow Genin. Taking a moment to catch his breath, Sammu looks over his newly made comrades. Mitsuhide who came from his own training facility and the masked Kaori were probably the only Genin he appreciated being stuck with.

"Forgive my tardiness Mitsuhide-san and Kaori-san," Sammu bows to each of them respectively, "It would seem that my weeks worth of hard traveling and sleep-deprevation has taken its toll on me this day. I hope I am not too late for our Jounin leader..." Heh, at least Teishu is not awake now. I feel he would bicker on and on of how a true leader must never be late.

PhoeKun
2007-02-21, 07:59 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"You aren't tardy, I don't believe, but... you really shouldn't wait until the last moment, Sammu-san. It isn't good to rush."

Mitsuhide bows to Sammu before returning his attention to Kaori.

"Life treats me well, I suppose. I have no complaints. Only... you ache, Kaori-san? Why is that?"

PokeTheBard
2007-02-22, 04:50 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori gestures to Sammu in response to the greeting. Whilst listening to his partners talk, he begins to stretch out his arms, neck, chest and back.

"I ache? Well, in time I hope to show you. I can hardly contain myself, I want to get started!"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-22, 10:09 AM
The sound of foot steps in the nearby caves silenced their talking for a moment. Someone was approaching. That someone turned out to be a woman only a little bit taller then them. Black hair was tied back into a ponytail to reveal sharp eyes that flickered towards the source of any nearby movement. A Kagekure forehead protector was wrapped about her neck and gleamed in the sun. She seemed to be very...plain and was dressed casually for a ninja. A collasped fuuma shuriken hung from her belt and her face was stern.

"Alright you three, fall into line!" She barked out once she was close enough for them to hear her easily. Waiting for the Genin to do as she had said before walking back and forth along the line. "As you three might guess, I am Taka Okabashi. Your new Jounin. I was briefed yesterday on some basic details about you, however it doesn't provide me with in depth details on your capabilities or dreams. So starting with...you Kaori. Since you ache, why don't you tell everyone about yourself?"

PokeTheBard
2007-02-22, 11:50 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori, although conforming with the line, doesn't appear to be daunted at all by the Jounin and stands in a very relaxed manner.

"Eh. I'm Inosuki Kaori, Kagekure shinobi and Amegakure missing-nin and I hold no grudges. I'm game for anything and I don't mind spilling a bit of blood, mine or otherwise. My dream for the future is to be a pillar upon which the number-one village Kagekure will be supported!"

Kaori continues to stretch his arms, which appear to be the worst affected by his apparent condition.

PhoeKun
2007-02-22, 03:12 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide falls into line quickly, and stands quietly in respectful attention. His eyes look over his new jounin, attempting to get a measure of her character while he waits for instruction to speak, since that seemed to be how she operated...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-22, 03:14 PM
Taka pauses in her line walking as Kaori answers her question and back pedals until she is in front of him. "You will address me as 'ma'am' or sensei and end whatever sentence you say to me as such. Is that understood turn coat?" She growls out at him before stepping to the next boy in the line. "You! Blue pants! Your up next, name and dreams." She said with her back turned to Mitsuhide. For all intents and purposes she seemed like a very stern and unforgiving woman, maybe its one of the reasons she doesn't stay in the village so much.

PhoeKun
2007-02-22, 03:24 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Asano Mitsuhide. My goal is to become worthy of Cikakage, so that it can be used to protect this village again, sensei."

Mitsuhide blinked involuntarily. He had never been named for his choice in clothing before... no matter.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-22, 03:32 PM
"Good, nice to see some discipline among the genin. You! One arm! Name and dreams, and make it quick! We're burning daylight here and you three have a test to pass!" She nodded then turned her attention towards Sammu. Practically ignoring the other two when she focused on one of them.

SacredStorm
2007-02-22, 07:26 PM
Sammu

The swordsman bows his torso in respect to his Jounin leader, revealing a head full of messy brown hair. He slowly raises his head back to make eye contact with the woman. Heh, Teishu would go ballistic if he was here right now. I do recall him being the type of sexist when it comes to battle prowess.

"Sensei Taka, my name is Sammu. I have no family name, but do not lower any of your expectations for me. My goals are simple; I wish to be the strongest of all warriors. I wish to be the one men fear when I draw my blade. Strength is what I ask for Sensei." Sammu takes one last bow in respect and smiles a bit.

"As you can see though, I have more than just one arm, Sensei," the youthful swordsman reveals both of his hands freely to his new female Jounin.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-22, 10:56 PM
The Jounin paused as she was corrected about the arm thing, turning towards Sammu with a cheery smile on her face and a hand hovering over the fuuma shuriken at her belt. "You would seem to be correct about that Sammu, however are you sure you possess all of the facts about the situation? For instance I could quite easily fix the problem of the name I called you by. Or perhaps I'm speaking of the future, of which I still might possess more information then you." She took a step closer to the brunette swordsman. "Try not to state a fact unless you know for a fact its true. Otherwise it seems as if your lacking in the brains department, alright?"

Once the introductions were finished Taka stepped away from the line and turned around. Putting her hands on her hips she surveyed the three once more as if appraising them before giving a sigh. One of her hands pulled a kunai from a belt pouch and flipped it through the air lazily. "You all may have guessed by this point that I am not a forgiving or gentle woman. Don't expect me to be. I became a Jounin by practicing harder and being better at what I did then other people, and with God as my witness you'll do the same. Some of you have had it easy up until this point but if you expect me to coddle you, then you might as well go back home and wait to be reassigned. Now then, unto the mission for the day. Your mission is a simple retrieval mission. This will be a good measuring stick of your abilities and how you interact as a team. You will need to seek out and find a friend of mine, Gin. Then you must subdue and return him to my home. You'll have until the end of the day to complete the mission, exactly midnight." Then she paused for a moment and a mischevious smirk came to her face. "And don't worry, I asked him to take it easy on you. Any questions?"

PhoeKun
2007-02-22, 11:37 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"May I ask what this "Gin" looks like, sensei?"

Mitsuhide continues to stand at attention, silently pondering the specifics of the current situation. Which comments was Taka directing at him? And what sorts of capabilities did Gin have, to require until midnight to locate and subdue? Needless to say, his brain is firmly locked into "mission mode" - there would be time to reflect on things more casually later.

SacredStorm
2007-02-22, 11:45 PM
Sammu

A smile almost revealed itself on the young swordsman's face, but Sammu was quick to supress it. Heh, it would seem I caught her already...Scary though...Her tone reminds me alot like Teishu's...I wonder if they were kin in a past lifetime. Sammu gives a shudder to that thought. He quickly returns his attention to his new Sensei as she voices their first mission.

Sammu furrows his brow as the rest is relayed. "Sensei Taka, it would seem that this Gin character is either a rowdy person or just some type of animal or pet that we will be returning to you. Am I correct in my assumptions Sensei?" The young swordsman gives no heed to his master's threats, but looks instead with respect to his new teacher. Maybe she'll be better than Teishu heh...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-23, 12:06 AM
"Well I can see that at least you possess some simple deductive skills, which is a good thing. I'll answer what I can without compromising the integrity of the test. No, I will not reveal what Gin looks like. A ninja will not always have all of the integral information and will need to adapt to such a situation. This will be good practice. As for the nature of Gin....your right." She said simply enough with her face turning serious once more. The jounin flipped the kunai in her hand once more before throwing it down at the ground in between her and the line of her students. Raising one hand she shut her eyes for a brief moment before smiling. "Your test begins now. You also have six seconds to get a move on before the kunai explodes." Taka's words would must likely draw some of their eyes down to the said kunai and a closer look (Not requiring search checks) would reveal the tightly wrapped, and very darkly colored, explosive tags wrapped around the hilt of the kunai.

SacredStorm
2007-02-23, 12:12 AM
Sammu

Again Sammu's victory is cut short as Taka throws down the explosive Konai. His eye brow curves upwards as he looks from the Kunai back to his new Sensei. Is this one crazy? Nervousness overwhelms the young man as he tries to scatter away from the sight. Kuso, she's going to wake up Teishu if that thing really blows.

Sammu's curiousity for his new master was seeming to grow with each passing second.

PhoeKun
2007-02-23, 12:42 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide only has time to nod at his new jounin to show her he understood the situation before dashing out of the potential range of the exploding kunai in the ground.

She's certainly got interesting methods...

PokeTheBard
2007-02-23, 04:03 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori sighs. Raising a half-seal up in front of himself, the nin bows his head slightly before jumping well clear of the kunai, vaulting himself a good few yards back.

Chouyaku no Jutsu
Jumping Technique

Ninjutsu roll; Take 10, or Take 1 if I can't take 10 (+12); either way Kaori succeeds.
Chakra Expended; 1

Kaori increases his movement speed by 5ft and gains +4 to Jump Checks, duration 4 rounds. "Runs" 140ft clear of the Kunai.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-23, 10:32 AM
True to Taka's words the kunai caught fire after only six seconds. The explosion sent up a dark plume of smoke and sent little bits of dirt through the air and by the time the smoke had cleared enough to look at the hilltop, there was no Taka.

Now the three of them faced a rather odd problem. How do you find someone you don't even have a description of, in a village full of people, in only eleven hours? Espicially when there are no leads about them at all?

PokeTheBard
2007-02-23, 11:01 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Pushing out his back foot to slow and grind to a halt, Kaori hops to his feet and quickly clutches at his ribs and drops to his knees.

"Oh... dear... not good..."

PhoeKun
2007-02-23, 12:27 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide skids to a halt as the blast goes off. Looking around, he sees Kaori drop to his knees, and dashes over to his side.

"What is the matter, Kaori-san? Are you all right?"

PokeTheBard
2007-02-23, 12:46 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks up at Mitsuhide.

"Eh."

Although he is trembling, he stands slowly.

"I'll live. Hopefully."

PhoeKun
2007-02-23, 03:00 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Are you well enough to start the mission?"

Mitsuhide offers Kaori a hand to help him stand.

PokeTheBard
2007-02-23, 06:54 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori grabs at Mitsuhide's hand.

"Thanks. I'll be fine.

SacredStorm
2007-02-24, 03:22 PM
Sammu

Once the smoke cleared at the spot of Taka's location, Sammu gives a small sigh of relief when he sees that all of his limbs are still attached. Some dirt caught itself on the young man's hakama; a simple action of tapping his feet released the stuck dirt. "Well since we all seem fine and able, would any of you have the slightest idea of how we should go about this mission? I would honestly prefer to impress our new Sensei on our first orders."

The swordsman looks at his companions awaiting their replies and ideas...Until a familiar voice springs forth within his head.

If you don't mind Seitu, I do have a couple plans for all of you. An irritated look comes across Sammu's face as he listens to the voice. Great, they woke you up- I mean good-morning Teishu.

PhoeKun
2007-02-24, 05:04 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"We should probably ask around the village. I don't see how we can track down someone unless we find out something about him..."

Mitsuhide brushes some dust off his sleeve, and looks to his teammates for their own opinions.

PokeTheBard
2007-02-25, 06:37 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori, still fatigued a little, looks up at his companions in turn.

"We should probably find an impartial chuunin somewhere in the city, they could be of help. I doubt the townsfolk can..."

SacredStorm
2007-02-25, 11:07 AM
Sammu

If I were you Seito, I would take their advice and ask around. One must know the enemy before they can plot against him. The voice says within Sammu's head. Teishu, we are after no enemy we are merely finding a person for the Jounin. Sammu replays the past events thus far to his inner-sensei. Now hush, I need to speak to my teamates... You mean those two over there? One doesn't even have an arm, they are no teammates of ours!

Hold your tounge, Teishu.

The young swordsman gives a sigh of relief as silence spreads its way through his mind. "Well, it looks we all agree that we should ask around for a description of this Gin...Shall we move on?"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-25, 12:17 PM
With a...sorta...plan in mind, the three decide to travel back to the village and try and find out just what this "Gin" looks like. Unfortunately it doesn't look like gathering information had been very high on the currieculeam for any of them and they have quite a rough time finding out ANYTHING about "Gin".

"Oh you mean that beastly nin? I have to chase him away from my livestock every night or I'd be out of business!"

"Gin? Now theres a truly amazing shinobi. The things I've seen him and Taka do together are astounding, but he's a bit messy. Has he done something wrong?"

"Not many people see Gin out and about durin' the day. Most of the time he's with Taka. I'd say check her apartment for him if yer lookin' for him. Where's that at? Why you take a left down the street and..."

"Gin? *Hic* How'd a brasth likes yous figure out my secretks ingredients in my ramen?"

It was about an hour later that the three gathered again to tell what they had learned. Sammu and Kaori both found directions to Taka's apartment while Mitsuhide got a rather interesting recipe for ramen and the clue that Gin likes livestock for whatever reason.

((OOC: I assumed you guys would take 10 on gather information checks to save time and this be what you learned.))

PokeTheBard
2007-02-25, 12:39 PM
Inosuki Kaori

When the three Genin finally catch up with each other, Kaori crouches down.

"So, I dare say we've little time. Eh. Whatever. Can I suggest we split up, search all these places at the same then meet back here to tell of our findings, it'd be quicker..."

PhoeKun
2007-02-25, 01:02 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide gives Kaori a slightly confused look.

"Pardon me, Kaori-san, but... which places would these be? Unless you would like me to observe the local livestock or... come to think of it, that farmer mentioned having to chase Gin away every night. It might be worth checking out, after all..."

PokeTheBard
2007-02-25, 01:35 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Leaping back to his feet, Kaori slaps the younger Mitsuhide on the arm.

"Brilliant! Eh. I for one will be happy to check out Taka-sensei's place, but would appreciate the backup of Sammu-san. I don't want to be alone if sensei returns to find me going through her stuff..."

SacredStorm
2007-02-25, 08:11 PM
Sammu

The young swordsman laughs a bit before replying, "Kaori-san, I'm afraid as you are of our new sensei...Something tells me she'd really cut my own arm off, but I would gladly back you up. Hopefully, Gin isn't as beastly as these people make him out to be..."

Sammu turns around ready to walk off in the direction of Taka's apartment, but he quickly says, "We are wasting valuable time now. Good luck Mitsuhide-san!"

PhoeKun
2007-02-25, 09:19 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"To you as well."

Mitsuhide bows slightly before turning to walk to his own destination. He stops after a couple of steps.

"Ah. What method should we use to contact each other, should something happen? And when and where should we reconvene?"

The young swordsman rubs his arm slightly.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-25, 09:46 PM
With a plan in mind the three Genin split up to head for their seperate destinations. Sammu and Kaori follow the directions they had been given to Taka's apartment. The housing complex turned out to be in a rather plan part of town (North District) and they reached it with relatively few problems. There was one close call though. Before the two could enter into the building Kaori yanked Sammu into a nearby alley way and motioned for him to be quiet. The reason became clear when Taka came out of the door, looking as serious and angry as ever, eyes darting about before she stuck her hands in her pockets.

The moment of fear passed as she walked away, seemingly intent upon where she had been going. After waiting for a long tense minute the two broke from the allewyway and ran to the door. It was only once the two of them were inside of the building that they allowed themselves to relax. The Jounin lived on the third floor of the building and had a corner apartment...

Meanwhile...

Mitsuhide set out on his own mission, to investigate the local livestock and see if "Gin" showed up. It took a moment to realize that he didn't know were that particular farm was but it didn't take him long to figure out just were it was. It took only about a half-hour for him to get there, and it didn't look like the sun was going to be setting for at least four hours...

A middle-aged man sat on the porch of the farm, a picket fence surronding a large enclosure that had cattle, pigs, and chickens each in seperate sections of the area. Upon seeing he had a visitor he rose up from his seat and gave a friendly wave of his hand.

"Hey there, aren't you that boy who was asking about Gin? Why don't you pull up a chair and take a seat? We'll have a nice drink while we're waiting." He waited until the boy approached before offering a grin and holding out his hand. "It's nice to see someone doing something about him, its hard to make a profit with him around. My names Onu, yours?"

((I started typing this before Phoekun asked about communications, so all of this takes place after you decide how your going to do that.))

PokeTheBard
2007-02-26, 04:20 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori shakes his head.

"We should probably just come back here after scouting around and deal with this Gin all together. I say we give ourselves an hour, two tops at our locations before we get back to this spot."

PhoeKun
2007-02-26, 12:26 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Returning here might be difficult while I'm participating in this stakeout... it would be better if you could come to the farms instead, but I will return here if you do not show up."

With that, Mitsuhide walks to the farm, where he is greeted by the farmer named Onu. He bows politely in greeting, unsure of what to do with the offered hand.

"Asano Mitsuhide, sir. Thank you for your help..."

PokeTheBard
2007-02-26, 01:35 PM
Inosuki Kaori

After a close call with Taka, Kaori takes great care in avoiding anyong whilst scaling the building to the third floor, ensuring Sammu is right behind him.

SacredStorm
2007-02-26, 11:04 PM
Sammu

That sure was close, Seito...You better keep your eyes out for that woman. I sense that she may return.

Sammu nods in agreement and follows his comrade. As they both scale the building, the young swordsman keeps his trained eye out for their Sensei. "I just thought of something Kaori-san..." Sammu says cautiously to his companion, "If Sensei Taka came out from this apartment, then why in the world would Gin be in here?"

He then returns his gaze to the streets hoping that Taka does not make a quick return.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-26, 11:45 PM
Onu seemed a bit sheepish as he withdrew his hand and dipped into a bow of his own. "Sorry about that. Habit I learned from a foreigner in town recently." He said as he retreated to his former seat on his porch. "So..what exactly is your business with that rascal Gin?" He said with a slightly interested tone, keeping a cautious eye out on his life stock.

Meanwhile...

The two of them scrambled up the wall to the proper window, finding it unlocked and open just a little bit. Probably to let the fresh air in. A single bed was set against the one wall with a dresser on the opposite. Three photos lay untop of the dresser, the middle drawer opened up halfway. A door was set on the opposite side of the room. There was an odd sort of smell in the air, musty almost, and the thrum of too loud music came from the otherside of the door...

PokeTheBard
2007-02-27, 04:42 AM
Kaori Inosuki

Ensuring his movements are undetected, Kaori attempts to force the window open further to allow for his entry and that of his team mate. Unfortunately, in opening the window he makes quite a notable noise, hoping that it was lost to the music beyond the door.

Move Silently. (1d20+7=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=893839)

PhoeKun
2007-02-27, 12:36 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"My mission is to locate, 'subdue', and deliver Gin to Taka Okabashi-sensei before midnight. My teammates are looking for other leads at the moment; they should be here before long."

Mitsuhide pauses, and looks Onu in the eyes.

"You have been much more helpful to me than I can be to you, sir. I don't know what I can do to truly solve your problems with Gin, but if I cannot, please do not hesitate to ask my family or I what else we can do to repay you..."

SacredStorm
2007-02-27, 05:06 PM
Sammu

Everything was so perfectly silent except for the music beyond the door, until Kaori causes a small creek upon entering. Sammu almost cursed before he quickly covered his mouth. Kuso! Breaking and entering was never my speciality...Same goes for Kaori-san here...

Sammu shakes his head in dissapointment, but continues to creep along the wall of the apartment hoping to find some evidence of any kind and wishing that whatever was beyond the door did not hear their entering. I'm shaking in my boots, Seito.

As if you had any Teishu...

Move Silently:[roll0]
Search:[roll1]

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-27, 05:31 PM
At the farm!

"Don't worry so much about it Mitsuhide. Gin mostly seems to do it because its like a game for him. I can usually find my live stock again in a day or so in some out of the way spot. Sometimes he just takes it so far, y'know?" Onu confided in the Genin, looking out over the farm with sage-like eyes.

The sounds of foot steps could be heard as some ran up along the side of the barn, breathing hard. "Old man, old man! You have to hide me! Their coming after me again!" Came the stressed out voice as a blonde haired teenager came skidding around the corner of the building. Looking back the way he had come with wide grey eyes before jogging up towards Onu, panting. "Onu..you have to hide me again..I think I pushed her too far this time! She's gonna kill me!" Going right by Mitsuhide as if he wasn't even there. It took a moment for Mitsuhide to place the young man before it hit him. The blonde haired guy in front of him, dressed in a black dress shirt and slacks, was the infamous Wahe. Clutching something deperately in his hands as Onu chuckled and rose from his chair.

"Which one?"

"Oh come on old man, who else would threaten to kill me?"

"Alright, alright. You know where the hiding spot is, go right on in. Mitsuhide and I'll try and delay her a little bit." With a grateful nod Wahe threw open the door to Onu's home and hurried inside, closing the door behind him. It was only moments later that a teenage girl came around the corner, vein throbbing in her temple. Dressed in the red billowy pants and white tunic of a temple miko, she had a long mass of black hair. Carrying a long handled broom in one hand, she stormed up to the two on the porch and growled out. "Where. Is. He?" Mitsuhide couldn't help but notice some similarties between the infuriated teenager in front of him and his Jounin Taka...

Back at the Apartment

Despite how noisy Kaori and Sammu might have been in climbing through the window, the music on the other side of the door remained unchanged. Glancing at each other, Sammu crept along the one wall. Looking for clues seemed easy enough. The photos. One of the photos was of Taka and a bearded man, judging by how old Taka looked, taken about five years ago. The man had his arm over Taka's shoulder and both of them were smiling. In the second two more additions had been made. A young child dressed in a komono with seriousness stamped unto her face, a large black dog with yellow eyes, Taka, and the mystery man again. From the looks of it the four of them had all gone to a festival together. The last photo was just of the little girl from the second, though she looked much older then in the last one, closer to Sammu's or Kaori's age but just as serious.

Kaori's investigation proved less fruitful. Finding only a couple chewed up stuffed animals and books strewn about. The only thing of any interest was a small, meticously, stacked pyramid of scrolls. Part of him wanted to go through them to see what was written on them, but the smarter half of him wisely argued that it'd be very unwise unless he put them back in the exact same order as he found them.

PokeTheBard
2007-02-27, 05:46 PM
(OOC: Wisdom's his dump stat :smallbiggrin:)

Kaori Inosuki

Kaori pulls the top scroll from the pyramid and looks it over, end to end. If it isn't sealed, he opens it and browses it's contents quickly.

PhoeKun
2007-02-27, 05:58 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide can't help but feel slightly intimidated by the girl in front of him. Not that it excused Wahe's cowardice, but still... come to think of it, did Taka have a daughter? The resemblance is uncanny... no matter.

After a moment's hesitation, Mitsuhide holds an arm up in a gesture simultaneous apology, placation... and defense.

"Apologies, but... who are you looking for?"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-27, 06:15 PM
The infuriated girl's eyes went from Onu to Mitsuhide the moment his mouth opened to start talking. Some of the tension went out of her as she looked at him but not nearly enoug, as the poor cracking broom handle would attest too.

"That damn pervert Wahe. Where is he? And who are you? You the one who put him up to this?" She demanded again, snapping the broom up as if it was a sword. Mitsuhide's seeming apology took some of the sting out of her words, but it didn't take a genius to know that if Mitsuhide said the wrong thing that the sting could return.

PhoeKun
2007-02-27, 06:57 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Wahe? He was here a minute ago, but... what did he do?"

Mitsuhide slowly lowers his arm. One of the tenets of Hiten Mitsurugi is preventing violence whenever possible. Which, he suddenly realizes, means distancing himself as much as possible from Wahe - his name should be enough.

"I'm sorry, you asked for my name, didn't you? I am Asano Mitsuhide."

He bows, as he always does when introducing himself, but the girl's stance and demeanor puts him on guard. This time, his head does not lower; this is a swordsman's bow.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-27, 07:28 PM
"It doesn't matter what he did, if you know were he went, then you better tell me were Wahe went!" She said evenly enough, stepping closer to the bowed Mitsuhide and laying the broom handle on his shoulder. The girl still seemed to be on the cool down until he mentioned his name.

"Your Mitsuhide? THE Mitsuhide? The guy all the other girls are talking about?" She began to laugh at that, apparently recognizing the name until an idea hit her. "Wait...did you put Wahe up to stealing my panties?!" She snarled, coming to a boil once more as she lifted the broom up some.

SacredStorm
2007-02-27, 07:55 PM
Sammu

Your friend seems to be enjoying himself in that scroll, Seito...

The young swordsman looks across the room at his comrade and arches his eyebrow. A Jounin will most likely realize someone is tampering with their own scrolls...Wouldn't you say so, Seito? A frightful expression releases itself in the Genin's face. He tries to wave his hands towards Kaori; his arms going from side to side as if trying to say, "Put it down." Sammu gives a sigh and hopes that his new sensei will not be angered by their tampering.

He then focuses his attention to the music being played.

[roll0]

PhoeKun
2007-02-27, 08:43 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide's eyes widen in shock. He shakes his head vigorously to answer in the negative and points inside Onu's home, with a slightly apologetic look at the farmer. Still, this kind of thing could not be overlooked.

"I don't know exactly where he is, but he went inside..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-27, 09:52 PM
Sammu listens for the music being played in the background, surprised to discover that its one of the more popular songs that young girls listen to being played.

Farm

A frosty smile came to her face then and she nodded, lifting the broom handle up and off of his shoulder. Turning she brushed past a silent Onu to open the door to his house. Mitsuhide could hear the girl rumamging around in there, looking for the hidden Wahe. It was a long five minutes before she returned, steely eyes looking for Mitsuhide. "He's not in there Mitsuhide..are you SURE your not lying to me?"

"He's not lying Motoko, he doesn't know were Wahe is...and if you didn't find him, then I'm guessing he's already ran out of there." Onu spoke up suddenly, sticking himself between the two of them with a placating look on his face. "Your better off lookin' else were girl, though if it makes you feel better if I had known what he had done, I'd never have let him in."

PhoeKun
2007-02-27, 10:30 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"I'm sorry. If I had known, I would have done more to help you... is there a way I can make up for my mistake?"

Mitsuhide meets Motoko's eyes with an apologetic look. He is clearly upset at what he has allowed to transpire. And then, something else occurs to him.

"But, if you don't mind my asking, what was so funny about my name?"

SacredStorm
2007-02-28, 12:15 AM
Sammu

The young swordsman taps his feet to the beat of the music beyond the door. In his head he can almost reiterate every word. If you're going to do that in here, please reconsider, Seito. Sammu stops abruptly as his inner-sensei wished. The young swordsman tries to wave Kaori over to him, in hopes that he will put down whatever cursed scroll he is holding.

With the lowest possible voice he can muster Sammu whisphers out, "Kaori-san...Come quickly, the music coming from behind here...It may sound that girls are present in the other room!" No more words come from Sammu's mouth as he presses his ear to the door in hopes of hearing conversations.

[roll0]

PokeTheBard
2007-02-28, 05:33 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori becomes engrossed in the scroll, not making too much effort to hurry along, observing as closely as possible.

Knowledge: Ninja Lore

Take 10. Result 17

Ninjutsu

Take 10. Result 22

When addressed by the worried Sammu, Kaori gives him a fleeting look before whispering in return.

"Not now, Sammu-san. We should be fine if we're quiet and although this might not interest you but I for one think... thorough research... is entirely neccesary..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-02-28, 02:29 PM
Apartment...

Kaori's eyes drifted over the scroll he had opened up, eyes widening as he finally came up with what the technique was... There on the scroll was the forbidden technique "Youton - Kusa Juuji" (Or Demonic Release - Chain Cross). But why would Taka have forbidden techniques in her own home and more importantly, where had she even found a scroll with this technique on it? But when Sammu spoke to him, he was forced to look away from the technique scroll.

Sammu pressed his ear to the door leading out of the bedroom (the only door) hoping to hear something, anything really, on the other side. However the door seemed rather thick and the music was up fairly high. Couldn't hear a thing on the opposite side...

Farm...

"Oh you can help, if you see that little coward tell him that Motoko Okabashi is still looking for him. And if he apologizes enough I might only break his nose for his thievary!" Motoko said loudly, as if she expected Wahe to be able to hear her from were she was. Whither he did or didn't though nobody could tell since no one answered the challenge. Not that Motoko wasn't looking around to see if he was, and when nothing happened she sighed and leaned the broom up so the handle rested on her shoulder. Almost distracted before Mitsuhide spoke to her again. "Huh? Oh nothing is funny about it. I just thought you'd be...I don't know...bigger and maybe more like Wahe from what I've heard."

PokeTheBard
2007-02-28, 02:59 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Upon uncovering the identity of the technique, Kaori carefully windsthe scroll back up and places it back, trying not to make the pyramid collapse.

"Then again, perhaps you're right..."

Kaori quickly backs away, leaving the pile well alone, for fear of discovering something worse.

PhoeKun
2007-02-28, 03:03 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Somewhere in the back of Mitsuhide's mind, the truth about Motoko's surname registered. But right now, he was too distracted to truly notice. It was enough trying to watch the fields for Gin while talking to this fiery girl... and about the subject of his reputation, no less. He wasn't aware he had a reputation, at least not outside of swords...

He blinks. It seems the only option available to him right now.

"More like Wahe? Just what sorts of rumors are people spreading?"

SacredStorm
2007-03-01, 04:42 PM
Sammu

Sammu cautiously strides towards Kaori hoping that he would not make any noise. With a hushed voice he tries to tell his comrade the information he had found.

"It would seem that our Sensei had a family...Or at least that's what it looks like. Gin could be anyone in those pictures, but he certainly isnt in here. Do you have any suggestions, Kaori-san? Should we see who's beyond that door or is that to hasty?"

PokeTheBard
2007-03-01, 05:31 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks down for a moment, then raises a finger to the air.

"We should further investigate."

The masked genin shrugged.

"Eh, If we're caught, we can explain our conundrum... surely they won't be hostile, unless we find Taka-sensei waiting..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-02, 12:50 AM
At the Farm

"Rumors? You mean you haven't heard them yourself? From the way the other girls say it, your supposed to be some real big and handsome guy. But your just a little slip of a boy. Do you even know how to use that sword?" She asked pointedly, tapping the broom handle on her shoulder as she turned and began to walk away slowly. "Well whatever, Wahe isn't here I guess. I'll just have to get him back later, or if you see him break his nose for me."

At the Apartment...

Coming to the decision that, just perhaps, it was a better idea to explore a little more rather then just bail before finding anything very useful, Kaori and Sammu crept to the door and listened again for any noise beyond it. Hearing nothing, Sammu shrugged while Kaori began to slowly push the door open (Opens outward) out a short distance before there was a soft growl. The two genin paused before stepping back away from the door catiously. There was a long pregnant pause then as they stared at the door in fear, wondering just who had growled at them. Taka wouldn't growl at them...would she? However it wasn't the dark haired jounin who came through the door....it was the dog from the pictures...except the pictures hadn't quite done it justice or it had grown a great deal since then. The animal was easily as big as Kaori and it growled again upon seeing the two genin.

"Hey Sammu...does that look like a dog to you?"

"No...it looks like a wolf."

"It couldn't be....could it?"

"I have no idea, what do you think?"

PokeTheBard
2007-03-02, 05:15 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori's eyes widened.

"So right. Now we start... er... explaining our conundrum?"

Kaori rubbed his neck and shrank back a little.

"Eh. Any bright idea's, Sammu-san?"

PhoeKun
2007-03-02, 01:03 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

The young swordsman arches an eyebrow at Motoko's comments. She had responded rather more harshly than he had expected... but then, what reason did he have to expect otherwise? He opens his mouth to respond as she walks away, then thinks better of it.

And then he thinks better of thinking better of it. The way she had handled the broom earlier. The antagonizing behavior. The insinuation that he couldn't use a sword. It pointed to one thing, and that meant he couldn't let her jibes go unanswered.

"Ah. So you would be a student of Shinmei-ryuu, I take it? If that's the case, and you really doubt my ability, then please name a time and place. I'll be happy to show you what I can do with a blade..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-03, 03:43 PM
Motoko stopped as she was walking away, merely looking over her shoulder at him as he spoke. Finally she turned around, no hint of a mocking smile or smugness on her face, instead her voice had fallen to steely serious tone.

"How about here and now? Think carefully before you agree Mitsuhide, a challenge is a very serious thing."

PhoeKun
2007-03-03, 07:59 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"You're right. Which is why I cannot accept a challenge right now. It may not look like it, but I am on a mission. It would be irresponsible for me to put another activity ahead of that."

Mitsuhide's gaze meets Motoko's, his expression as serious as his voice.

"It would also be disrespectful to you if I devoted anything less than my full attention to the challenge. Name any time and place after midnight tonight, if you wish, and I will be there."

PokeTheBard
2007-03-03, 08:25 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori edges backwards slowly, grabbing blindly at Sammu's arm.

"Right. Sammu-san, our mission was to subdue and bring Gin to Taka-sensei's place before midnight. So he's obviously not here..."

He pulls at Sammu's arm as he turns and runs.

"So we should be leaving, kay?"

Focusing chakra in his hands and feet, the genin scrabbles down to get to the floor.

CHAKRA CONTROL (1d20+11=15) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=901726)

SacredStorm
2007-03-04, 05:33 PM
Sammu

By reaction, Sammu's sleeved arm reaches for his katana situated by his waist. His grasp was firmly around its handle before Kaori suggested they take their leave. We just got here... The large beast snarls once again revealing a nice set of sharp fangs. Then again we wouldn't want to intrude for too long.

"Yes I do believe we should go now...Kaori-san?" Sammu turns around to find that his friend as already jumped from the window to the safe ground below. Some friend, Seito...

The young swordsman's eyes go wide as he runs to follow his fleeing comrade. "Hold up!"

Sammu follows exactly what Kaori has just done.

Chakra Control:[roll0]

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-04, 07:39 PM
At the Farm...

"Alright then, I'll meet you right here. Tomorrow at noon. Bring your A-game or this duel will be a lot shorter then either of us would like." Motoko said evenly with a short nod. Without so much as another word she turned and rounded the corner of the farm house. Now the only thing that he had left to do was wait for either Gin or his team mate's to show up at the farm.

At the apartment...(Of canine doom)

The two genin both retreated out of the window and down to the ground below. Both of them breathed easier as they got down unto firm ground and glanced back up at the window. A black canine head was sticking out of the window, looking down at them with interest. A moment later it tilted back its head to let out a long low mournful howl that echoed in the street. Kaori and Sammu glanced at each other nervously, wondering if Taka would come running back when something more alarming happened. The wolf set one paw out of the window, letting it hang there for a moment before the bottom of it began to glow light blue. A second later it pressed it down on the outside window and was soon enough standing there....on the side of the wall as if it was completely natural..

SacredStorm
2007-03-04, 09:46 PM
Sammu

Interesting, is that dog using chakra? If so, I have never seen a breed like this one...Heh, good-luck with it, Seito. Suddenly, the connection he felt with his inner sensei fled him and left him alone with Kaori for this encounter. He stares as the beast sticks to the wall as a spider would do the same.

"Kaori-san...I'm beginning to suspect our Jounin-leader has an odd taste in dogs...Wouldn't you say the same? I really don't think Sensei Taka would be pleased if we, uh, kill her pet. So how do you feel of calmly walkin-I mean running away from this situation?"

PokeTheBard
2007-03-05, 04:53 AM
Inosuki Kaori

With his arms hanging limply by his sides, breathing heavily, Kaori nods to Sammu.

"Eh. If the puppy want's to play chase, we'll just need to outrun it. What's your speed like, Sammu-san?"

PhoeKun
2007-03-05, 04:38 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide lets out a deep breath as Motoko finally leaves. He looks back up at Onu.

"I'm sorry about this. Will you mind if we meet here tomorrow?"

SacredStorm
2007-03-05, 05:21 PM
Sammu

The young swordsman looks to his comrade with a stoic expression. "I'm not terribly slow, if that's what you are asking. I should be able to keep up with you, let's hope this mutt is no faster than any of us." Sammu does a complete 180 degree turn and dashes off. His sprinting halts for one moment to let out his last words.

"Quickly Kaori-san let us flee before he reaches the ground!"

PokeTheBard
2007-03-06, 04:59 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Darting after Sammu, Kaori keeps low with his arms trailing.

"You're kidding Sammu-san, right? I plan to be out of the village by then! Lets go find Mitsuhide-san before it gets too late."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-06, 10:06 PM
At the Farm...

"Nothin' to worry your head about. Ya think I have anything more interesting to watch tomorrow besides some livestock? A brawl will really liven my day up." Onu said enthusastically as he returned to his seat on the porch and looked out over his fields. It was then that he frowned, for a rather large cow was moving rather suspiciously. Getting up unto it's hind legs and walking to the fence, in the opposite direction that Motoko had gone.

Out on the street...

Having come to a group decision, Kaori and Sammu turned in concert and took off away from the apartment. A glance back showed the wolf galloping down the side of the wall some before leaping off to land on the street and begin to chase after them. It still was behind them though, for that they could be thankful. Now they just had to stay ahead of it all the way to were they were supposed to meet Mitsuhide and if it was still following they could formulate a plan...

((You two going right to the farm on a straight run? No techniques or what not?))

SacredStorm
2007-03-06, 10:11 PM
Sammu

The young ninja notices the form of which Kaori uses to run. For mere fractions of a second he remembers being tought that specific way when he was a young boy ready to enter the ninja academy. Of course, when he learned the styles of Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu, his arms were taught to be swung by his side to propel his movements.

Funny that they even teach you how to run differently. His simple thoughts are cut short when Kaori almost passes him by, Sammu speeds up to stay even with him. "Which way back?!"

[OOC:Bleh, Simued...at least my post isn't off...Um I think we are heading for the farm. Up to Poke, since Sammu isn't the best thinker by himself while he's being pressured.

As for techs...Unless we want Taka's dog dead...no]

*Que the Sandlot chase-scene*

PhoeKun
2007-03-07, 01:42 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide watches the cow for a moment. He considers asking Onu about it, but decides against it. This seems a tad too early, not to mention silly, to be Gin. Which means it's almost certainly Wahe.

Leaping lightly off the porch, Mitsuhide takes off after the bipedal cow. With his speed, catching up is easy.

"That's far enough..."

PokeTheBard
2007-03-07, 09:21 AM
Inosuki Kaori

"I dare say I don't know. We'll have to find it by chance then!"

Kaori forms a couple of hand seals in rapid succession, spinning on his heel to face the on coming canine.

"We need to buy some time, Sammu-san. Don't wait for me, this should only be one shot..."

Kaori clutches his right shoulder and winces, almost dropping down to one knee.

"Eh. This will work or i'll stop his jaws and claws with my flesh..."

Straightening out, Kaori steadies himself again and in an explosion, his right hand erupts into crackling lightning.

"Raikousen no Jutsu!"
(Ray of Lightning Technique!)
Raikousen no Jutsu

Chakra control to convert 3 Chakra. 12. Failure (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=907839)

Ninjutsu roll for Raikousen no Justu. 14. Failure (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=907843)

The lightning crackles and burns out too quickly, before simply disappearing. Kaori grins behind his dark blue mask as sweat runs down his temple.

"Eh... figures... hehe"

Kaori drops down to his knees as the beast continues its approach.

(OOC: Wow, a 1 and a 2. Invisible castle *actually* hates me... lol)

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-07, 11:31 PM
At the farm..

Onu merely watches with a bemused expression on his face as Mitsuhide charges after the walking cow. The cow seems more surprised then anything twists around to let out a low irritated moo as the swordsman finally came up beside him. With a pop and cloud of smoke that cleared quickly, Wahe stood there with a perplexed look on his face.

"What?

On the street...

Sammu takes the advice of his companion and continues to run on ahead and let Kaori deal with the problem on his own and quickly rounded a bend and passed out of sight... ((Sacred, you have about a minute to five minutes worth of full on running to get to the farm, depending on how much you try to obscure were you went.))

The big dog skidded to a halt as on the street, sending up a little cloud of dirt as Kaori raised up his hand and tried to call out lightening to deal with the persistent canine. When nothing happened though and the Genin fell down unto his knees, a smile seemed to come unto his muzzle. The big wolf scratched one paw against the ground, like a bull preparing to charge, before running forward at full speed with it's head lowered down to head butt the boy.

(( 1d20
1d6 ))

PhoeKun
2007-03-08, 12:28 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

"No, not 'what'. You don't get to just slink away from this. If you are any sort of man, you will catch up to Motoko and apologize."

Mitsuhide eyes Wahe intensely, and cracks his knuckles.

"If you don't, then I will act in her stead..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-08, 12:44 AM
Mitsuhide's only response was an incredulous look and a short unbelieving look. When the Genin raised up his knuckles and began to crack them. Wahe's easy going grin fell away then to one of surprise.

"Your serious aren't you? About me going back to apologize? Do you have ANY idea what I went through to get them in the first place? Or what she'll do to me if I don't give her time to simmer down? Which thanks by the way, a nice fat ought to make her real placid for the next couple of days after. Maybe I'll apologize then, but not now." Wahe confided as if he expected it to be a done deal. As if no one could possibly argue with that sort of logic or reasoning.

((Diplomacy check of 18 to show how persuasive he's being. Just to give an idea.))

PokeTheBard
2007-03-08, 05:16 AM
Inosuki Kaori

As Kaori's adversary charged, he is narrowly able to avoid it, and forces himself to the ground, simply to get out of the way from the rampaging animal.

"No." he whispers. "This isn't right..."

Struggling to his feet, the battered and dirty looking genin pushes up, getting to prone.

"I've killed ninja before... i've defeated many opponents..."

He coughed and stood up straight, still looking down at his feet. He speaks aloud finally so that the "wolf" can hear him.

"and i'll be damned if i'm beaten..."

Clapping his hands together into the same seals again he looks up to face the canine in the eyes. Dropping his right hand to his side, it crackles back into life as lightning energy wreaths it in chakra.

"...by a mangy mutt! Raikousen no jutsu!"
(Ray of Lightning Technique!)
Ninjutsu Roll Ninjutsu: Raikousen no Jutsu! (1d20+12=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=909318) - Success!

3 Chakra Expended.

Ranged Touch Attack Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+6=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=909321)

The lightning leaps fiercely from Kaori's hand as he thrusts forward. The ray's path is erratic, befitting of electricity.

(OOC: I'd like to edit my previous statement. I hate Invisible Castle.)

PhoeKun
2007-03-08, 11:57 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"...do you even understand how apologies work? You're not supposed to wait until you think it's convenient. You've done something wrong. Very wrong. If you had even a shred of pride left in you, you'd stop hiding behind excuses and get it over with. If you won't do it, then I'll either have to break my promise, or your nose. It's an easy choice from where I'm standing..."

Mitsuhide locks his gaze with Wahe's. It is clear that he would rather not do anything of the sort, but he's also not about to let the other boy just walk away...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-11, 03:43 PM
Street...

The erraticness (Is that even a word?) proved to be the saving grace for the large wolf who managed to leap to the side to avoid the blow. Panting, almost as if it was laughing, it began to scratch it's paws against the ground once more..

This time when it charged, the wolf's head did hit, and hard too. Hard skull hitting against Kaori's (by comparison) soft and fleshy stomach. Hitting hard enough to push him back a foot before stopping...

((9 points of subdual damage and a handle animal check please Poke. Untrained if you have no ranks.))

Farm...

"Don't lecture me on apologies bumpkin. I have the rules and laws of etiquette beaten into my skull daily, I don't need it from a farmer with a metal stick. If I go back now SHE WILL KILL ME. Its that simple, she WASN'T joking. This isn't me being rude, its me having survival instinct." Wahe says a bit angerily, but then again this was hardly a normal situation to be in so maybe the two of them did have a reason to be...angry with each other. Onu had a pleased look on his face, as if watching two genin beat the crud out of each other was prime entertainment. The livestock in the pen with them seemed irrated that someone was standing in their food.

PhoeKun
2007-03-11, 08:04 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

It happened so fast, not even Mitsuhide could see it coming - a hard blow, aimed squarely at Wahe's face.

Unarmed strike - 1d20+7=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=914446)
Damage (subdual) 1d4+3=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=914453)

"Bumpkin? You worthless piece of trash... insult the noble name of the Asano again, and I will kill you."

Mitsuhide glares at the other genin, eyes burning with an angry inner fire. To be mistaken for a farmer was bad enough, but to have his clan's name trod upon by such insulting language? It was unforgivable...

PokeTheBard
2007-03-12, 04:53 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori continues to take a beating from the wolf. The further this draws out, the more he believes perhaps this was a bad idea.

Handle Animal
Handle Animal - 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=914912)

T.T Invisible Castle, why hast thou forsaken me?

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-14, 12:33 AM
At the farm...

Wahe's head was snapped to the side from the blow, a look of surprise frozen on his face from the blow. Onu looked as if he was trying to restrain from bursting out laughing as the other Genin stumbled to the side. Raising a hand up to feel the growing swelling on the side of his face as his eyes narrowed.

"One blow Mitsuhide...just one free hit is all I've ever given anyone and your no exception. You pull that again and this gets real..."

On the Street...

Kaori's inexpierence with animals shows as he stares intently at the wolf and is unable to glean anything from it's expert poker face...if wolves played poker that is.

((Sammu can be arriving at the farm at any moment now....))

PhoeKun
2007-03-14, 10:53 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide's right hand hovers no more than half an inch over the hilt of his sword, while his left hand firmly grips the sheath. And then, he shuts his eyes and inhales deeply. His arms return to his sides, and his eyes open once again, revealing a calmer sort of anger than the one that had been there before. The overall effect is rather more unnerving than the bare rage of just moments ago. He speaks but a single word, his voice not much beyond a whisper:

"Leave."

PokeTheBard
2007-03-18, 02:30 PM
Kaori Inosuki

Kaori realises this is (embarrisingly) a fight he wasn't likely to win. In a flash, the genin turns and leaves, running after Sammu to find the farm they are supposed to be meeting at, ensuring to try and keep his track hidden from the already annoying wolf.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-18, 02:46 PM
At the Farm...

Wahe continued to glare back at Mitsuhide as he climbed back up to his feet. Giving a roll of his eyes and a dismissive groan, he turned and continued on his way, quickly disappearing out of sight and leaving the young swordsman alone with Onu and some curious livestock.

Street

Realizing that fate was just not on his side, Kaori turned and ran off towards the farm were he was supposed to meet up with Mitsuhide and Sammu. The large wolf pursued and for a little while it looked as if it was going to catch him too but a couple climbs up buildings and leaping to other ones, ducking into particularly smelly alleys, and double backs later and it seemed as if he had lost his pursuer. By the time he got to the farm he was breathing hard from the exertion of his escape but seemed relatively unharmed.

Oddly though there was still no sign of Sammu so it seemed as if the other swordsman had take an even longer and more circumspect route to the farm then even Kaori had taken.

PhoeKun
2007-03-21, 10:08 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

One deep breath. That was usually how Mitsuhide calmed himself, and this time was no different. It was actually easier than he had expected to push Wahe from his mind - he was secretly proud of himself for showing as much restraint as he had. Surely, his family's honor had been maintained.

Hearing a noise, Mitsuhide whips around to discover a slightly injured and severely winded Kaori. He walks quickly over to his teammate, slightly confused.

"Kaori-san? Is everything all right? What happened to Sammu-san?"

PokeTheBard
2007-03-22, 04:31 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori moves upto Mitsuhide and giggles, in a somewhat feminine manner, before resuming his usual voice and speaks to his team-mate.

"Mitsuhide-san... I think I need to sit down..."

Kaori slumps up against the nearest solid, vertical object and breathes heavily.

"Sammu-san should be here already... we ran into a bit of a problem at sensei's apartment. Her pet puppy attacked me and him, so I remained whilst he ran after you to the meeting point."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-23, 07:01 PM
Kaori and Mitsuhide converse silently as they wait for their third and last team-mate to arrive at the farm. Time drags on longer and longer and there is still no sign of the other swordsman. The two become increasingly uneasy but know better then to go looking for him, it'd only make for a very confusing mess if he showed up after they left...

Hours went by until Onu looked down at his watch and chirped up from his position on his porch, had he even moved the entire time they had been waiting?

"Well...looks like it's 11 o' clock. Gin out to be showing up at any second now." He says seriously and rises from his spot finally. The reminder of what their real mission was, the finding and detaining of Gin, came rushing back in to replace thoughts of where Sammu had gone to. After all the three of them could always go looking for him after the mission had been completed, perhaps with their Sensei's help too. Minutes ticked by slowly as the two of them waited for some sign of this 'Gin.'

It looked to be a nice night as well, with bugs chirping in the pasture, not too hot or too cool. Onu's rocking chair creaked as it rocked back and forth from him suddenly standing back up. Without warning the cows perked up, heads turning in one direction in the perfect synchronization that herd animals could manage, silent and then erupting with loud panicked moos and other cow noises. They stampeded towards one side of the pasture, driving the other livestock before them, and raising a horrible dust cloud behind them.

In the cloud a crouched shape could be seen, prowling towards the animals on all fours and Kaori's breath caught in his throat. "You've got to be kidding..."

Soon enough the cloud settled and the shape could be seen. The same large wolf that had been in Taka's apartment and who had pursued Kaori and Sammu was standing in the pasture, glowing eyes focused unto the two genins. In it's jaws was the missing Sammu, hanging by the back of his shirt, and looking the worse for the wear. With a flick of it's big head the wolf sent Sammu skidding across the ground towards them and growled, a loud rumbling noise that sent off a fresh wave of panic in the cattle.

"There he is! It's him, its Gin!" Onu proclaimed, going into his house and returning with a large shovel. He seems a bit surprised to see the wolf had brought along someone else and his face went pale. "D-did you boys do something to make him angry?"

PokeTheBard
2007-03-23, 08:09 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori extends his arm out to point at the wolf.

"Mitsuhide-san. Meet the aforementioned pet puppy."

PhoeKun
2007-03-26, 11:00 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Ah. I suppose this explains a lot, then."

Mitsuhide offers a quick glance over to Onu, a non-verbal reassurance that nothing bad or sinister has happened. He then turns his full attention to the wolf. This would be difficult. The near totality of his training to this point has been focused on the arts of swordsmanship, but the idea of slicing his sensei's pet wolf to ribbons seems somehow unwise to Mitsuhide. A lesser form of combat would be necessary... or perhaps, Gin could be "subdued" in a more peaceful manner.

He takes a few slow steps toward the wolf, then stops, arms held out from his sides. Without the benefit of training with animals, he has no idea if what he is attempting even has a chance of success, but if the wolf can be made to like him rather than being made unconscious, life would probably be easier for him later on. Besides, Gin seems to have defeated Sammu, and easily at that. If for no other reason than that, the wolf has earned his respect.

"You certainly area friend of Taka-sensei, aren't you?"

OOC:

Handle Animal check (with virtually no chance of accomplishing anything): 1d20+1=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=939923)

Initiative: 1d20+3=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=939934)

PokeTheBard
2007-03-26, 11:58 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks in shock at Mitsuhide, daring not utter a word incase his disturb the swordsman.

What on earth is he doing!?

Init - 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=940169)

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-27, 01:25 AM
Mitsuhide took those first few cautious steps towards Gin with his arms held out in a friendly and inviting manner but the closer he got to the wolf, the he could tell it would take much more effort to calm it and he could also see why. Now that he was closer he could see the blood matting the wolf's fur and couple of the deep cuts that were hard to see with the canine's thick fur. Sammu must have put up a greater fight then it had first seemed because Gin was injured. And was very angry...

But before the swordsman could act on this very vital information, Gin charged forward on the attack with an enraged howl. Leaping up into the air to collide with the teenager hard and push him back a couple of feet as the heavy animal hit him hard. Sinking his teeth into Mitsuhide's left shouler (5 points of damage) and shaking his head before pressing all four of his paws against Mitsuhide's chest and pushing off to land in front of him, the teenager's own blood staining his fangs along with Sammu's...

((Mitsuhide gets an AoO if he wishes with his fists since the sword isn't drawn. Iniative order is...Mitsuhide, Gin, and then Kaori.))

PokeTheBard
2007-03-27, 04:26 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori watches on as the beast bites into his team mate.

"Eh. I don't think you're going to be able to bargain with it. Let me try my diplomacy."

Sidestepping to get a better view, Kaori cautiously forms handseals, trying to to enrage the wolf any further.

"Raikousen no Jutsu!"

Raikousen no Jutsu

2:1 ratio and converted to full round action. DC 11
Ninjutsu perform DC 15

Chakra Control for 6 HP / 3 Chakra. Ninjutsu: Raikousen (1d20+11=19, 1d20+12=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833)

Kaori takes 6 HP damage.

Ranged Touch Attack (1d20+6=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941836)

If applicable: Raikousen no Jutsu Damage (2d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941841)

Also, Gin must succeed a Fortitude save (DC15) or be Stunned for one round.

(OOC: Finally! Rolls that I can actually use, hopefully!)

Kaori's hand fizzles to life with lightning, the electrical energy lashing out and earthing to whatever it can reach.

In a sharp flick of the wrist is all the lightning needs to lunge towards Gin and strike out.

PhoeKun
2007-03-27, 02:32 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide had thought he was prepared for his attempt at diplomacy to fail... he wasn't. The wolf's sudden charge catches him off guard, and even though he can see an opening in Gin's defenses, the rapidly closing jaws through his aim with his punch off target.

He grits his teeth as Gin takes a bite out of his shoulder, but does not cry out. He attempts to focus his chakra, as he was trained to do at the start of every battle - Hiten Mitsurugi requires that the user move quickly. But the fresh pain throws off his concentration, and that split-second effort is wasted.

Panic momentarily overtakes him, and the young swordsman acts on instinct. Muscle memory drops him into perfect form for executing battoujutsu, and in a flash of barely noticeable movement, his sword is in his right hand, and Gin has a fresh gash on his body. Mitsuhide's eyes open wide as he takes conscious note of what just happened. He takes a deep, pained breath... he must be calm.

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20+7=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942508)
Damage (yeah, right): 1d4+3=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942517) (nonlethal)

Taijutsu roll - Nidan Kousoku: 1d20+13=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942520) = failure!

Taijutsu roll - Kenjutsu Ougi: Iaido (Hiten Mitsurugi ryuu- Battoujutsu): 1d20+15=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942532) = success! 2 Chakra spent.

Attack roll - Iaido/Battoujutsu: 1d20+10=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942551)

Damage roll - Iaido/Battoujutsu: 1d10+6=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942555)

HP: 22/27
Defense: 19 (currently 17)
Chakra points remaining: 13

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-27, 05:15 PM
Kaori lashed out with the lightning once more and this time it looked as if it would strike home. At the last moment though, Gin leaped to the side and the ray struck the ground, leaving a small hole in it's wake. But it had been close and Mitsuhide could smell the burnt dog hair smell coming off of his opponent.

It was the sudden and abrupt slash though that drew a pained hole from Taka's pet wolf, as the Hiten user seemed to pratically...summon the blade into his hand as well as a hard slash from the sheathed sword. Gin's response was just as furious as he dashed forward underneath of Mitsuhide's guard and bit down hard on his leg thrashing his head back and forth. (9 points of damage)

PokeTheBard
2007-03-27, 06:06 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori curses under his breath, and mask, and readjusts for a second shot at Gin.

" Eh. You were lucky once, mutt, but dodge it twice? I don't think so."

Rapid handseals which are second nature to the genin form almost by themselves. With a slightly anticlimatic build-up of chakra, it wasn't too impressive to look at.

"Raikousen no Jutsu!"

Raikousen no Jutsu

2:1 ratio and converted to full round action. DC 11
Ninjutsu perform DC 15

(http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833)Chakra Control for 6 HP / 3 Chakra. Ninjutsu: Raikousen ( (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833)1d20+11=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833), (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833)1d20+12=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833)) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=941833)

Kaori takes 6 HP damage.

Attack and Damage (1d20+6=19, 2d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942875)

Also, Gin must succeed a Fortitude save (DC15) or be Stunned for one round.

(OOC: Wooo!)

...but that didn't matter so much as a bolt of lightning finally slammed home into the battered canine's muscular shoulders.

PhoeKun
2007-03-27, 06:29 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide lets out an involuntary cry of pain as Gin nearly rips his leg off. This was taking it easy!? No, he must be calm...

He once more attempts to focus his chakra, and this time, he is successful. The world around him seems to slow down, his every motion blurred to the eyes of others. But the pain proves to be greater than he's used to - as he brings his sword down on Gin, his vision blurs momentarily, throwing off his aim.

Recovering quickly, Mitsuhide takes advantage of his stumble to spring out and away from Gin, ending his astonishingly fast movement 25 feet away from the wolf. Already preparing himself for another technique, he looks over at Kaori.

"We finish this now..."

Taijutsu roll for Nidan Kousoku: 1d20+13=31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942881) = success! 4 chakra spent.

Attack roll: 1d20+11=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942884) Whyyyy!?

Damage: 1d10+3=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942887)

Tumble check: 1d20+9=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942890)

HP: 13/27
Defense: 19 (currently 22)
Chakra points remaining: 9

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-27, 06:38 PM
((Further evidence that Gin is the luckiest wolf ever (Sometimes as evidenced below), natural 20 on attack roll. x.x))

The wolf looked as if he was about to charge at Mitsuhide once more when the ray of electricity struck him squarely in the shoulder and sent him stumbling to the side. Gin turned his angry gaze to Kaori and focused those predatory eyes on the Genin, that is until the sword came down and he was forced to jump to the side.

With a growl the wolf gave chase after Mitsuhide and lunged for the teenager's neck. Luckily for the swordsman his jaws clicked shut a couple of inches away and Gin looked as if he was breathing hard from his exertation.

PhoeKun
2007-03-27, 07:22 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide notes with satisfaction Gin's fatigue, until he realized his breath is coming nearly as raggedly. The fight would be finished in the next few seconds... it was simply a matter of which of them could remain standing.

The young swordsman focuses for a second before slashing once more at the wolf. It's not an extremely well executed strike, but the blade moves so fast as to be difficult to follow, and even harder to dodge. He continues in a spiraling motion, as though there were another blow coming before suddenly stopping.

"Sangeki Hissatsu Waza... Igeki." he announces matter-of-factly, as per tradition.

Chakra control to convert 1 chakra point to HP: 1d20+8=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=942955) Success! Mitsuhide takes 3 points of subdual damage.

Taijutsu roll for Sangeki Hissatsu Waza - Igeki: 1d20+13=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=943020) Success!

Attack roll: 1d20+11=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=943045)

Damage: 1d10+3+1d4=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=943073)

Additionally, Gin must make a DC 15 Fort save or be stunned for 1 round.

HP: 13/27 (effectively 10/27)
Chakra points remaining: 7

PokeTheBard
2007-03-31, 05:34 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Mitsuhide was dangerously close to Gin. If this failed, Kaori could be in serious trouble for potentially killing a squadmate.

Breathing hard, the pain unbearable from such heavy use of Chakra, Kaori fwips out his methodic hand seals and grunts. Stumbling a moment as light-headedness sets in, Kaori begins to loose his cool, he couldn't miss but it was all on him in this fracture of a moment.

"Raikousen no Jutsu!!"

Chakra Control 2:1, Ninjutsu: Raikousen (1d20+11=28, 1d20+12=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=949957)

Kaori takes 6 damage.

Raikousen no Jutsu (Ranged Touch Attack & Damage) (1d20+6=15, 2d6=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=949959)

Gin must succeed a DC 15 Fort Save or be Stunned for one round.

Lightning explodes violently about his hand, moreso than ever before. Concentrating intensely, Kaori thrusts his hand forward and the chakra-lightning lurches towards Gin.

Kaori cannot maintain the jutsu as his eyes blur and he sinks to one knee, but it doesn't matter, the damage has been done and the bolt struck true.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-03-31, 05:42 PM
Gin lurched on his paws as the bolt of lightening struck him hard and sent him stumbling. Panting heavily the wolf stood dumbfounded as little crackles of electricity sparked off of him. Mitsuhide was close enough to see the muscle spasms that kept the beast from moving away from the spiraling cut delivered by the Genin.

Gin's eyes look out of focus as he stands there, wobbling back and forth as the previous chakra-enchanced lightening attack kept him from pressing the offensive.

PokeTheBard
2007-03-31, 06:16 PM
Inosuki Kaori

With his focus coming and going, it seems as though Gin has been subdued, but just to be certain, Kaori tries one last effort before his body would give out.

Sure enough, his handseals formed slowly but precise enough to do the trick. In a building frenzy of raiton-style chakra, Kaori focuses his jutsu and fires it hard at the wolf.

"Rai... rai... rai think i'm going to lie down now..."

Chakra Control 2:1, Ninjutsu: Raikousen (1d20+11=20, 1d20+12=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=949987)

Kaori takes 6 damage

Raikousen (Ranged Touch Attack & Damage) (1d20+6=24, 2d6=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=949988)

Gin must succeed a DC 15 Fort save. You know the score!

After a crackling surge of electricity, Kaori slumps back exhausted.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-01, 01:16 PM
Gin wasn't even able to attempt and dodge the second bolt of lightening that Kaori sent out at him. The large wolf gave a shudder as the chakra-enchanced electricity tore through his system, lazy curls of smoke drifting up from his fur. For a long moment nothing happened before Gin turned his head up to the sky to let out a long mournful howl that echoed up into the night sky. What followed after the howl was a rush of black smoke that billowed out from the superheated lungs.

With one last shudder, Gin collapsed unto his side and fell motionless...

With Gin's fall, the live stock in the pen finally seemed to calm down and to settle. Ceasing their panicked braying and mooing as their simple minds calmed from the animalistic gear that had been forcing them into such a terrified state.

Onu looked stunned as the big animal fell to the ground, the big shovel slipping from his hand to land on the ground with a loud clatter. Hesitantly coming into the corral himself to stand beside the slumped Kaori and when he spoke his voice was a stunned whisper. "Is...is he dead?"

PhoeKun
2007-04-01, 02:32 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

The moment Gin fell, Mitsuhide sheathed his sword. A second after that, he stumbled, the wound on his leg making it difficult to stay standing. He looks briefly over to Onu before kneeling to check on the wolf's condition.

"He shouldn't be dead... but the fight was much more serious than I thought it would be."

His own words are like a key turning in his head, and suddenly his expression becomes worried.

"Onu-san! Please, check on Sammu-san! He was the one in Gin's jaws when he got here!"

Untrained heal check to stabilize Gin: 1d20+0=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=951161)

... I cannot believe the luck this wolf has. Unbelievable. I retract my previous statement...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-01, 02:44 PM
Onu looked a bit startled at the request but nods to Mitsuhide before rushing over to Sammu. Kaori watches on wit the sort of detached interest that the mortally tired seem to have as the farmer bent over the other fallen swordsman and pressed an ear to his chest. A long tense moment followed before he looked up and called out.

"He's fine! Not a bite mark on him, looks like ol' Gin just gave him a sound thrashing." Onu replied with more then a little bit of relief of his tone before looking over at Mitsuhide.

The young swordsman looked down at Gin and kneeling down to check his condition. Nothing. He blinked in surprise and checked again and leaned down to press his ear to the wolf's chest. Nothing. No thumping heart beat, no ragged breaths, nothing. A moment of clarity hit the genin and he stumbled back, falling unto his rear end. The second to last Raikousen no Jutsu...it had been enough to put Gin out, to knock him unconcious but the wolf had struggled past it. Had remained on his paws long enough for the second one to hit him...and end it.

PhoeKun
2007-04-01, 03:17 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"No..."

Mitsuhide stares in shock at the body of the wolf in front of him, his entire body trembling. Disbelief. But the one word that came out of his mouth
did not have the power to change the situation. Fear. What had they done? How would Taka react? What would become of them?

It was too much. Despite all his training, a tear formed in Mitsuhide's eye. He knew if he said anything, there would be no escaping it. He clung to the idea that his silence might change what had happened. But even so, the truth escaped his lips, almost a whisper:

"Gin is... dead."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-01, 05:03 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Looking at Mitsuhide with one eye open, Kaori's heart sinks. Simply out of remorse. Kaori was a killer, but even he knew when a death was wrong. This was the truth of Shinobi; when the one's who you fight to keep alive die regardless.

He does not shed a tear, but lets out a long mournful sigh.

"Eh. Mitsuhide-san... we did our... our job. We killed as a ninja is taught. It's sad but Taka-sensei will understand..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-01, 11:14 PM
"H-he's dead?" Onu says softly, as if dumbfounded about what had just occurred. Then the farmer looked around as if expecting a lightening bolt or something to come from the sky, some sign of divine anger or something, before gulping and looking down towards the two. "You...I feel sorry for you.."

Without another word he turns and all but runs back into his house, slamming the door shut and a loud click annoucing that he had locked the door. The two of them both knew that something must be done though, and quickly. With how long it had taken for Gin to actually arrive they only had about half an hour to return him the apartment and their sensei...

PhoeKun
2007-04-03, 01:24 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide sat in silence for a few, near eternal seconds. And then, he sighed, sadly. The mistakes had been made already, now he had to face the consequences with honor. He slowly stands, blood still oozing from his leg. He looks to Kaori, then to Sammu, and then to Gin. His voice is weary and ragged, betraying his condition and fear:

"...Kaori-san, can you stand? Can you help me with Sammu-san and Gin? You and Sammu could stand to get some medical attention, but... I can't just leave Gin lying here like this. I won't..."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-03, 04:34 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods to Mitsuhide and stuggles to get to a prone position where he stands slowly, leaning on the support on the porch.

"Eh. No I agree. It's all respect, right? I can't help but feel I made this mess and now I need to sort it out. For our village."

Kaori falls in the general direction of Gin and wraps his arms around the still warm body of the wolf, the smell of burning fur sticking in his throat.

With a grunt, Kaori tries to pick up Gin, but his arms weakened by so many Raikousen seem to fail under the deadweight.

Strength Check, Chakra Control DC 13(Chouyaku no Jutsu) (1d20+1=7, 1d20+11=31) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=954022)

I'm not using Chouyaku unless the Strength check works. It's only to speed up the carrying process.

PhoeKun
2007-04-04, 11:57 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide sighs heavily as he lifts Gin up and tries to find a way to position the weight so that he can carry the wolf by himself. The weight is awkward, but he does not stop until he has a firm grip on him.

"Can you carry Sammu-san? You two were pushed to the brink - you need medical attention. And after that... we can find Taka-sensei and... take responsibility for what we've done. That's all we can do now, isn't it?"

Unless he was 2-3 times bigger than your average wolf, Gin should be within Mitsuhide's 230 pound load limit. I think we've got a game plan, so... let's get the pain over with. :smallfrown:

PokeTheBard
2007-04-05, 05:30 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori doesn't speak. He untucks one of his sashes and unwraps what appears to be a whole layer of clothing.

Dumping it on Onu's porch, he turns his attentions to Sammu. Even though his expression was washed and he stumbled a few steps, it appeared that the Genin was sobering up somewhat from the excessive chakra control.

Take 10 on STR Check to pick up/sort of pick up and drag Sammu = 11

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-09, 05:48 PM
With an air of resolute resignation to them, the two Genin begin to gather up Gin and Sammu before their stopped by a yell. Onu, looking solemn, waves for the two of them to stop before approaching quietly.

"Hold on you two...I'll give you a ride in my wagon. No reason to make this harder on you two then this will already be." He says before leaving them for a moment. It didn't take long for Onu to bring his wagon around with a sorry looking horse hitched up to it, and for the two to load up Gin and Sammu into the back. There Mitsuhide draped a blanket over the wolf and did his best to make the unconscious Sammu comfortable before signaling to Onu.

It didn't take them very long to travel from the farm to the beaten up looking hospital. Even less to have Sammu admitted for a check up, mostly to see if Gin might have accidentally damaged him, but the nurse assured them that if there was any change in his condition, she would contact their Jounin immiedetely.

PokeTheBard
2007-04-10, 03:25 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods to the nurse and turns to face Mitsuhide.

"Mitsuhide-san, I don't know about you but i'd rather get it over and done with... Eh, shall we go and find Taka-sensei?"

(OOC: Is Onu still outside with his wagon or are we walking?)

PhoeKun
2007-04-10, 10:56 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

"... You're right. Let's go."

Mitsuhide thanks the nurse, and turns to leave.

((ooc: we've still got a big, dead wolf to lug around, so I'd hope so.))

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-11, 11:19 PM
((Aye, he still be out there.))

Onu had waited patiently for the two of them to come back out of the hospital, keeping his cart were the two had gotten out. Now that the injured Sammu had been removed from the cart, its only cargo was the two genin an the deceased Gin. It took a little bit longer then they had expected to get back (For Kaori anyway) to Taka's apartment, since it seemed as if Onu didn't quite know the way but they still made good time in getting there.

"This is were I leave you boys, I don't want to stick around for what might happen next." The farmer said solemnly, clambering down and helping the two unload the wolf before climbing back up. Soon the clatter of the wheels on the pavement faded and the two were left alone. The both of them took their time in carrying the furry bundle into the building, going to the very same apartment that one of them had broken into earlier that day. Before they could knock though, they paused. On the other side of the door Mitsuhide and Kaori could hear two loud feminine voices screaming at each other back and forth before a door slammed shut with a loud bang.

Again the two genin looked at each other nervously before Kaori raised a hand up and knocked softly on the door, it was midnight afterall, and stepped back and together so that their bodies blocked the view of Gin. When the door was yanked open, the both of them could see a disorganized and messy living room lite up by strategically placed lamps and an irate (had they even seen any other kind of Taka?) jounin standing in the doorway. She looked more disheveled then she had when meeting them in the morning, several strands of hair drifting in front of her face and no longer in her ninja uniform. Clutched in one hand was a scroll (That struck a very poigant cord in Kaori's mind) that she held unto tightly. When she spoke, her voice was raspy and soft.

"Your late. I said to be completed by 12:00 pm and its now...12:20. Were is Gin, what went wrong, and weres that boy with the attitude?"

PokeTheBard
2007-04-12, 04:17 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Making double effort to avoid looking at the scroll, Kaori is forced to half-heartedly look Taka in the eye.

"You see... Taka-sensei..."

Kaori looks at his feet and breathes heavily.

"We found Gin, it was quite an ordeal, right? I'm sorry we couldn't bring him back..."

The genin raises a forearm to his face and swipes across his eyes, concealed by the boys lowered head.

PhoeKun
2007-04-12, 08:58 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide looks at Taka, forcing himself to look her in the eyes. He sighs deeply.

"Something happened. Gin... fought as hard as he could."

As if to emphasize the genin's point, the wound on his leg reopens and drips fresh blood on the floor.

"He pushed past his limits, and now... he's not coming back. I'm sorry..."

He bows deeply, lowering his head and bearing his neck. It isn't something a swordsman is supposed to do, but if she wants to take advantage of the
opening, what right did he have to deny her?

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-13, 01:04 AM
"You should both know by now that I do not appreciate jests, quips, jokes, or jibes. Now quit fooling around and tell me what really happened, sometime tonight too. If you didn't manage to capture him, just tell me, I said this was a measuring stick of your abilities not pass or die sort of affair."

Taka replied dryly, one eyebrow raising up into the air at what she had just been told. It was very plain that she didn't even consider the fact that they might have been able to do what they had told her they had done. Weary lines should on her face as she leaned against the door jamb and let out a long slow sigh.

"But if you want to tell stories, I'll humor you. Lets say my Gin did fight his hardest...so why aren't your eardrums bleeding? I see no claw scratches or other signs of the techniques I taught him. Perhaps you got him confused with some other animal?"

PokeTheBard
2007-04-13, 03:32 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks up from his arm and brushes back his hair with one hand.

"I hope so, sensei. Eh, you'll need to see him yourself and be the judge..."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-13, 10:20 PM
One could pratically see the moment when Taka seemed to catch hint that, just maybe, something was wrong here. Almost right after her entire body tensed up and she pushed herself off of the door jamb to stand solidly in the doorway.

"What have you two done? Wheres Gin and Sammu?" She says tersely as her eyes harden and begin to switch back and forth between the two of them. As if trying to pierce into their minds with sheer willpower alone as the paper of the scroll crackled as her grip tightened.

PhoeKun
2007-04-15, 12:34 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"...Sammu-san is in the hospital. Gin is..."

Mitsuhide moves slightly so that Taka can see the body of the wolf. His eyes sink to the floor, where his heart has been the entire time.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-16, 11:33 PM
There was a single heart-wrenching moment as Taka's eyes drifted to what Mitsuhide's very body had concealed and froze. Time seemed to stop as the Jounin's eyes widened and she pushed forward, brushing Kaori out of her way as if he was a mere leaf and moved to Gin's side.

"GIN! Gin! C'mon boy wake up...wake up Gin! You can't be dead....WAKE UP GIN!" Taka cried out as she shook the body of the big wolf hard, trying to get a reaction from him that would never come. Tears began to trickle down her cheeks as words failed her, laying her head down on his side as the tough-hearted Jounin cried. "He..he can't...oh god....why?! Why did you kill him?!" she managed to squeeze out.

"Mom? Whats going...?" The words coming from inside of the apartment complex faltered as the familiar face of Motoko came to the doorway and looked out at the scene in the hallway, an act that was repeated by a couple other curious neighbors before they hurriedly shut the door.

"Motoko get...call...." Taka stopped in the middle of her sentence for a fresh batch of tears, probably in the middle of a futile call for a medical nin. Motoko had a shell-shocked look on her face as one hand came up to cover a gasp of surprise at the scene

PhoeKun
2007-04-17, 12:53 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Taka and Motoko's reactions were too much for Mitsuhide. He wanted to be calm and composed, he wanted to speak warmly; the way he remembered his father being. What he was instead was a kid - a frightened and sorrowful boy. Hot, stinging tears work their way slowly down his cheeks. He keeps his head lowered as he speaks:

"This is... my fault. I should have tried harder. I should have been willing to accept my own defeat... instead, I... Gin was so strong. He didn't fall... even when his body reached his limit. And... even then, I couldn't see it! He couldn't avoid the last attack. He didn't... even try.

I am... unworthy of forgiveness. But... this is my fault. I'm..."

The final word catches in his throat. Guilt weighs his apology down, and 'Sorry' stabs like a knife into the back of his tongue. To see his eyes, it is as plain as day. But in the face of his sensei's grief, he cannot utter so trite an apology.

PokeTheBard
2007-04-17, 03:46 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori straightens his mask and brushes down his clothes, listening to Mitsuhide. He shakes his head and sighs.

"No."

Turning to face Mitsuhide, he lifts the swordsmans face with his hand gently.

"It isn't your fault. We're shinobi of our village had been tasked with a mission and we have completed that mission. Death is life for us, but as upsetting as it may be... it's our job."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-17, 09:01 PM
"Your...job? Thats how you explain this...this murder? As your job?" Came the soft and tear wracked voice from the jounin on the ground. But it was different then when she had been calling for help that wouldn't help. The tone was softer...deadlier, and when it happened there was barely even a blur to see. She was simply there. One hand entangled in Kaori's clothing to slam him into the wall of the hallway, her tear streaked face not even an inch from his own."YOUR JOB WAS TO DETAIN AND SUBDUE! NOT KILL! IF I EVER HEAR SUCH HEARTLESS TALK SQUIRM OUT PAST YOUR LIPS THEN I WILL REDEFINE YOUR LIFE AS LIVING AGONY! WHEN YOU FINALLY CROSS OVER, YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF THERE IS SO MUCH AS AN INCH OF UNTOUCHED FLESH! YOU'LL WISH YOU'D NEVER COME TO THIS VILLAGE! AM I UNDERSTOOD TRAITOR?!"

The words were hissed out from between clenched teeth and the collasped fuma shuriken was held in her free hand. Motoko was looking on with a frightened expression on her face, but it wasn't keeping her from edging towards her mother slowly and cautiously, going pale in the face as she did...

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-17, 09:43 PM
Black Haired Boy

About three doors down on the opposite side of the hall, a short boy sticks his head out the door. Although everyone is focused on the dead dog in the middle of the hall, it could be seen by his unwrinkled red pajama's that as ready as he had been at midnight to be asleep, he had never actually seen his bed. In his hand, a 'Sci-Tech' Magazine hangs loosely open on an article about the definition of efficiency.

At first, the shouting had caught his attention. While it was not quite enough to merit peaking into the hall, it had alerted him enough to hear the subsequent cries of 'Wake up!' Such a cry did not typically mean that he, a genin, should be sitting around.

However, the scene was not quite the one he had expected. The fact that all present at the unmoving Gin were crying had thrown off the momentum he had gathered in heading to the door. Anxiously, he fingers the Shuriken behind the magazine as the situation unfolds.

A silent meep passes his throat as Ms. Okabashi forced the unsuspecting kid against the wall. At this point he would normally think to help the individual and help settle the problem, but Ms. Okabashi was not the type of person you interfere with. Aside from that, she did seem to propose quite a sane request in light of her anger.

Regretfully (or fearfully), he sets to wait again and observe the reactions of the two at fault.

PokeTheBard
2007-04-18, 03:29 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Hanging like a ragdoll pinned to the wall, Kaori looks coldly at his jounin. This would ordinarily been when the genin would offer up a witty retort, but the situation didn't seem right for it.

"I am not a traitor. Eh, you wouldn't understand sensei."

PhoeKun
2007-04-18, 11:18 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

The young swordsman watches Taka pin Kaori with an intense look of sadness on his face. What can he say? What should he do? Surely something... he looks at Motoko for a moment, unable to look her in the eyes for long. He reaches out to Taka, almost but not quite touching her.

"Sensei... please. Tell me... what can I do? I... I can't fix this, but... isn't there something I can do? For you? For Gin? What should I do?"

His voice doesn't waiver. But while even, it is filled with an intense sadness... the pain that comes with the slaying of a comrade. So much the worse when his blood is on one's own hands...

But more than an expression of sadness, it is also one of empathy. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Mitsuhide hopes he can calm Taka down enough to save Kaori a beating he doesn't deserve.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-19, 04:21 PM
Motoko looked alarmed when Mitsuhide spoke up about making amends for the fallen Gin and shook her head frantically when Taka wasn't looking to try and dissuade him. It was too late though and the Jounin's gaze swiveled over to look at the swordsman with that teary eyed glare.

For a long couple of minutes, she stared at the swordsman before her hand lowered and dropped Kaori down to the ground. Resolutely wiping her eyes and wiping the expression of pain from face before speaking again. "You...you can leave..go home. The test...the test is over. Go home. Review the mission in your head...think about..what you could have done better or worse. We'll meet again tomorrow...I understand you...Mitsuhide..that you have a duel arranged with my daughter? We'll meet there...Leave....NOW.." She said stiffly before going over to the body and bending down over it. With a grunt of effort she pulled Gin up in both of her arms and slowly moving back into the apartment.

Motoko stood outside after her mother had left, watching silently as the door closed before looking over at the two genin still in the hall with her. "He going to be okay?" She asked softly, looking at the saddened Mitsuhide then to Kaori.

PhoeKun
2007-04-19, 09:44 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide takes a deep, sighing breath before turning to Motoko.

"He should be."

He pauses, and looks at Kaori for a moment before returning his gaze to Motoko. The feeling that he should ask her something nags at him inside his mind. To ask her something... and also to apologize. But instead of either, his voice softly speaks to her of the day to come, and the match that comes with it:

"Our match tomorrow... what rules and weapons do you want to use?"

The question! Ask the question! He has to know, but his body won't cooperate, too afraid of the answer...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-19, 10:00 PM
At first, after Mitsuhide asked his question, Motoko looked almost insulted that he'd even ask her a question like that at such a time but the emotion proved fleeting. Instead she gave an abrupt nod. "Fight to the other submits or falls unconscious...any weapon. Are these terms acceptable to you?" The swordswoman asks formally, folding her arms over top of her kitty shirt a grave look in her eyes.

"You know...after an incident like this...I won't be allowed to take it easy on you. She'll make me try my hardest to win.."

PhoeKun
2007-04-19, 10:14 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"I understand. Fight however you have to; I've no right to complain..."

The young swordsman looks at Motoko a moment longer. He shakes his head. Courage, man, courage! Ask:

"Only... can I ask you something? Do you hate me for this?"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-19, 10:58 PM
Motoko shook her head and moved as if reenter the apartment before she paused. Looking back over her shoulder to the distraught Mitsuhide, she shook her head and gave a sad smile. "...No...Gin was a pet to me...a lovable and overprotective pet but still a pet. You did what needed to in my eyes...But you should worry more about my mother, Gin was the last thing my father left her before he passed away. ...And they were special...y'know? My mother is...was a moujou aishou and Gin was as much her kid as I am..probably more so actually."

The girl turned around and took a long hard look at the boy before stepping closer. Suddenly she leaned in to give the boy a comforting...hug? Holding unto him briefly and giving him a reassuring pat on the back, Mitsuhide couldn't help but notice the fact she smelled of cherry blossoms, before breaking away and wiping some spare moisture from her eyes. "So no, I don't hate you. And despite what my mother says, don't think so much on this. Go home and get some sleep, you'll feel better in the morning."

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-19, 10:59 PM
Black Haired Boy

The boy in pajama's strides up to the three in the hallway. As Motoko finishes speaking, he cannot contain a small smile. "It's good to see you forgive him so quickly, Motoko."

As quickly as he smiles, he says to Motoko in a soft and serious voice, "We should do something about Gin before long. I don't know what you're mother intends to do with him, but I'm reasonably certain the Landlord wouldn't approve of it being done in the building."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-20, 03:51 AM
Inosuki Kaori

"Mitsuhide-san, it's been a long night. Go home and rest up, i'm going to check into hospital but don't worry about tomorrow. I'll be there to see that you win that match, right?"

Not waiting for a response, Kaori turns and walks down the corridor zombified.

(OOC: By the way, Taka took Gin into the apartment, so he isn't in the hall anymore...)

PhoeKun
2007-04-21, 12:40 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is caught off guard by Motoko's embrace. But also, he feels a profound sense of relief. When she first tells him to get some rest, the boy simply nods. Then, the corners of his mouth turn upwards in the slightest traces of a smile. A sad, weary smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"Thank you... and don't forget to get some rest yourself. I'll see you tomorrow..."

With a bow to Motoko, and a nod to the boy he's never seen before (mostly because it would be impolite not to acknowledge his presence), Mitsuhide turns around and slowly walks back home, limping more than slightly thanks to his leg wound...

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-21, 06:04 PM
"I wouldn't be worrying about me Mitsuhide...I'm not the one whos going to be losing tomorrow." The girl said lightly before retreating back into the apartment without sparing Kaori or her neighbor a glance. Not that it was anything different from the norm, neither Taka or Motoko socialized with their neighbors unless they absolutely had too or had something to ask about.

The night passed uneventfully for all involved, in their respective places. Mitsuhide had to indulge his parents when they decided to mother him upon seeing his injuries, getting his leg swaddled up with bandages and some foul medicine being poured down his throat. Morning seemed to come too swiftly for the swordsman but he couldn't quite ignore the deed he was committed to this day. A duel with Motoko with Taka watching on...would the Jounin be alright after the events of yesterday or might the duel take on a more frantic note? Not to mention his opponent Motoko, just how good was she really...and how hard was she going to fight back? These questions and more filled the genin's mind as he found the note attached to his mailbox.

Mitsuhide,

Congratulations on passing the test that I put forth for you and your comrades. You've met my expectations and now officially part of Team 4. Despite this happy news, do not forgot the engagement that you have with my daughter this afternoon. Remember to be prompt and on your guard.

-Taka-sensei

-----------------------------

For Kaori it was more that nauseatingly clean smell of the hospital that kept him company through out the night instead of any real company. Nurses and doctors didn't quite count. But by the time it came to head out to the duel (if he decides to go) the doctor had cleared his bill of health but sternly reminded him that he shouldn't over extend himself today. And to report back to the hospital once the duel was over to finish his treatment.

Much like his team mate, Kaori found a note waiting for him at the front desk as he prepares to leave for Onu's farm...

Kaori

You've made the cut. Welcome to Team 4. Be at the farm.

-Taka sensei

----------------------------

PhoeKun
2007-04-21, 09:41 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide knows he should be feeling a lot of things. He should be nervous, and upset, and tired, and hurt (and this one, he is), but really, all he can feel is confusion. Why does this note sound so cheerful? What in the world is going on?

With these thoughts in his mind, and apprehension in his soul, he walks slowly toward the farm. He still walks with a limp, but the night was good to his injuries. Thanks to his mother's coddling, the wounds are almost healed, and the limp is much slighter than it was before.

One foot in front of the other. Deep breaths to calm himself. Everything would work out. Even though his injuries are enough that a win against Motoko will be difficult, it does not seem the utter impossibility it did when he went to sleep. He couldn't help being a little excited, actually.

The farm is in sight. What's going on? He'll know soon enough...

PokeTheBard
2007-04-22, 04:05 AM
Inosuki Kaori

After leaving the hospital, Kaori stretches. His body was stiff from the neck down and was very pleased that he wasn't the one fighting this morning.

Nevertheless, he was going to be involved. His team was already whittled down to two genin over the course of one night, he didn't need it dropping down to one the next morning... if only because he didn't want to be alone with Taka.

Shuffling to the farm, Kaori arrives some time after Mitsuhide.

"Mitsuhide-san... good morning, I suppose."

Going up to the porch of Onu's place, he grabs his sash that he had discarded the night before and chucks it over his shoulders like a scarf.

"If you want, I can help? I know your sort don't generally like help, think it's dishonourable or something, but we're a team and teamwork is important."

PhoeKun
2007-04-22, 04:07 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Good morning, Kaori-san."

Mitsuhide seems a bit preoccupied, having no idea what to expect today, and still by no means ready to forget the events of the previous night. He glances over at his teammate.

"You're right, teamwork is important. Except, this fight isn't something that involves our team. This is a test of skill between two members of rival schools of swordsmanship... it's not the kind of battle you could join. However, I am injured, and I do not know the extent of Motoko-dono's skill. If I should find that I am unable to walk after this, I would ask that you help me then..."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-22, 04:21 PM
Inosuki Kaori

With a frown, Kaori nods to his team-mate.

"It's a promise. But it won't come to that, yeah?"

Massaging and moving his aching arms, Kaori stretches his tight muscles and tendons. Hopefully, his preparations could resume tomorrow.

"Eh, Mitsuhide-san? Good luck."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-22, 05:12 PM
The two of them soon lapsed into silence as they neared the site of the duel. Sunlight hammered down upon the duo as the sun rose up higher into the sky and started to suck the moisture from the very air and made heat waves rise up from the ground. By the time that Kaori and Mitsuhide reached Onu's farm there was a thin sheen of sweat coating their foreheads but it didn't look like the two of them would be given a chance to rest before the festivities were to begin.

Taka and Motoko were already present at the farm, the former was leaning close to the latter and whispering into her offspring's ear. Not only those two were there though, for Onu was out on his porch once more and it looked as if Motoko's squad had decided to show up for this very event. Wahe was leaning over the rail to peer out and around for a sign of the challenger, an eager expression in his eyes while a red haired girl with a cocky smile tried to draw his attention. Perhaps most surprising was the sight of the neighbor kid, the black haired boy, being there as well and standing close to the jounin. Still it was Motoko who first spotted the approaching two and the others quickly followed suit when the swordwoman stiffened.

An awkard silence descended as their jounin broke away from the small gathering to approach the two genin, a frosty smile coming to her face. "Good, your both here. I want to get this over with as quickly as possible so that your duel can start. I want you to meet your new team mate, since Sammu has been...detained due to injuries, so say hello quickly. Hey kid, get over here and introduce yourself!"

For her part, Motoko seemed eeriely calm as she picked up her weapon of choice...a broom?!

PhoeKun
2007-04-22, 06:37 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide bows to those in attendance... or at least, he bows to most of them, before drawing out the wooden sword he had brought with him today and testing its balance with a quick swing before returning it to his belt.

With the moment now at hand, his nerves calm. The doubts from earlier dissolve, and there is only Motoko - his opponent, Motoko. And, of course, the matter of a new teammate. He could guess who it was pretty easily, but the polite thing to do would be to wait for him to come forward himself, so Mitsuhide stays silent, and waits for his cue.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-22, 07:45 PM
Akira Enuferiu

The short kid with black hair shows his first sign of movement since arriving (save flipping pages) by running to his Jounin. As he runs the short distance, he tucks away the magazine he had been reading into his back pocket. This particular procedure causes him to pull on the back of his pants as he takes out his hand, stopping his leg a moment short of reaching the ground. With the added weight of a cloth wrapped package on his back, he is forced face-first into the dirt.

Scavenging for dignity, he takes a little bit longer than he could getting up. After dusting off his tan overshirt, he jogs the rest of the way there.

"Hey there," he says with the same softness as last night. Unlike last night, his voice lacks any force, making him sounds as if he were lost (or perhaps had lost his dog) "My name's Enuferiu. I hope your friend gets well soon. Gin..." At that moment he stops, considering all present company. To fill the gap, he starts the sentence anew.

"So, what do you have planned to beat Motoko? What preparations have you made?"

PhoeKun
2007-04-22, 09:09 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"...Enuferiu, is it? Asano Mitsuhide; it's a pleasure to meet you."

Mitsuhide looks the other boy over for a moment, blinking a couple of times. There was probably more to him then there appeared to be, but this wasn't really the time to be thinking about him.

"Apologies, but... now is not the best time for conversation. If you could wait just a while longer?"

He indicates Motoko to emphasize his point.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-22, 10:34 PM
Enuferiu

The boy shrugs his shoulders in response to the question. "Well, if that's all you have. I don't think you're going to win this."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-23, 03:42 AM
Inosuki Kaori

"Eh. Then you have little faith in your teammate. Mitsuhide-san is perfectly capable."

Kaori keeps from interacting too much with the rest of the group, especially Taka.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-23, 11:43 AM
"Enuferiu, I want to get on with this duel as swiftly as possible. Stand to the side and take a seat, otherwise you may be caught in the crossfire." Came the call from Motoko as if the girl had finally finished her preparations. Unlike the day before, Motoko wore pauldrons weaved in to the white kimono and a black lacquered breastplate tied off with red thread.

However she hadn't changed her choice of weapon in the slightest bit and stood with the broom in her left hand and leaning it on her shoulder. The straw sandals shuffled in the dry ground as she shifted into a ready stance, switching her weapon to her right hand and holding it pointed up at the sky while the other formed a pseudo-hand sign in front of her. Thumb curled down and first two fingers extended as she focuses her eyes unto Mitsuhide. "Attack when your ready."

OOC

Unlike normal combat, I'm posting the rolls I make for NPC's in a duel like this.

PhoeKun
2007-04-23, 01:10 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

While Motoko prepared, Mitsuhide had drawn his weapon. Without a sheath, battoujustu would be impossible. No matter; it was hardly the only technique he had learned.

For a moment, Mitsuhide simply stares at Motoko.

"Very well then."

With the briefest of thoughts inward, he focuses his chakra and explodes forward in a blur of motion, ending with a thrust of his weapon aimed toward one of the weaker spots in Motoko's defenses. All the while, he keeps her eyes on her, to see what she will do from her decidedly unorthodox stance...

"Hiten Mitsurugi... Ryu Sai Sen."

I appreciate the gesture, but it isn't strictly necessary for you to show the rolls. We all know you won't cheat.

These actions assume Motoko is doing what I think she's doing, which is standing and waiting for Mitsuhide to strike. If something happens to prevent the charge, then he'll just make a regular attack.

Initiative: 1d20+3=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995275)

Taijustu check - Nidan Kousoku: 1d20+13=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995301) - Success! 4 Chakra spent, Rank 2 speed attained. Sigh of relief breathed. Too close... ><

Taijutsu check - Ryuutsuki (Hiten Mitsurugi no Ryu Sai Sen): 1d20+13=32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995314) Er... success? :smalltongue: 2 Chakra spent.

Attack roll - 1d20+13=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995329)

Damage roll - 1d8+3=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995331) (nonlethal)
-----------------------------
HP: 21/27
Chakra: 9/15

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-23, 02:53 PM
The girl struggled to pivot on her left foot away from the training blade but the movement came to late to keep the wooden sword from smacking solidly against her side and making her eyes narrow. Mitsuhide had made an important revelation, the armor wasn't real! It looked like it was just for intimidation purposes, but Motoko was hardly going to give her opponent enough time to process the information. With barely a twitch of muscle, the nimble Motoko leaped back five feet and took the broom in both hands holding down to bottom left.

"South West position, Spirit-slaying style."

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, a pure nimbus of white light surrounded her as Motoko's eyelid's flickered open and zeroed in on Mitsuhide. What happened next was a blur of motion as she swung the broom handle twice in the shape of X. Each swing releasing a burst of multi-colored light that struck out at the opposing swordsman with a surprising amount of precision as only the first and last managed missed Mitsuhide and spiral away to dissipate into nothingness. Steam rose up from the wood of the broom handle as Motoko lowered it back into a standard position with the blade raising up straight in front of her and holding it in both hands with a slow smile coming to her face.

"Shinmei Ryuu-Sen-Zankuusen"

Ignore this until I get the actual post up, but I need the rolls so I know what to post. :smalltongue:
Taijutsu Check (Shinmei Ryuu-Sen-Zankuusen): [roll1] 8 Chakra Spent

Ray Attack 1: [roll2]

Ray Attack 2: [roll3]

Ray Attack 3: [roll4]

Ray Attack 4: [roll5]

Ray Damage: [roll6] Fort. save (DC 17) for each one that hits or be pushed back 5 feet (for each one). And then a Fort Save (DC 10) for each one that hits or be stunned with pain for one round. (Not cumalative)

PhoeKun
2007-04-23, 05:28 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

The bursts of light manage to push Mitsuhide back a full 10 feet before he skids to a halt, his left shoulder and stomach smoldering slightly where he was struck.

Unorthodox? She was supernatural! Like ninjutsu, but clearly not... so this is Shinmei Ryuu. He can't respond in kind. He can only raise his sword arm up and

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu: Do Ryuu Sen!"

He brings the weapon down to the ground, sending a line of flying earth straight at Motoko. As the dust settles, he springs backwards another 50 feet, sword at the ready.

DC 15 17 (I dunno where I got 15 from. Oh well, no difference) Fort saves - 1d20+4=9, 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995779) Pushed back 10 feet.

DC 10 Fort saves - 1d20+4=11, 19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995782) No stunning.

Taijutsu check -Hiten Mitsurugi: Do Ryuu Sen 1d20+13=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995827) Success! 3 Chakra Spent.

Damage: 2d4=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995836) DC 16 Reflex save for half.
-------------------------------
HP: 17/27
Chakra: 6/15

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-23, 08:22 PM
A flash of surprise crossed her stern features as the column of cracked earth approached her, unable to leap clear out of it's path as the flying earth cracked against her. When the dust cleared, the swordswoman looked more angry then anything and her smile had faded to an irate scowl that seemed much more suited.

Hardly wasting any time, she charged forward across the ground with her broom dropping low to the ground. If anything though it looked as if her defensive abilities had only increased since there didn't seem to be a single opening in her defenses as her feet padded across the ground.

"C'mon Motoko! Hurry up and end this chump so we can get back to training! Give'm the ol' one-two combination that I showed you!" Came the loud and slightly nerve-wracking voice from the red-headed girl. Pumping her fist in the air as she cheered on her comrade. Wahe showed neither emotion or a care as he stared at Mitsuhide, as if waiting for the genin to slip up for what he had done to Wahe the day before.

"Tch. This is better then I thought..." Came the muttered response from Taka as she observed the duel with a considerate amount of interest. One foot was tapping against the ground anxiously though and the Jounin actually called out herself. "Remember, like a waterfall!"

Glancing over at Kaori and Enuferiu she commented dryly. "What? She is my daughter. Tch...fine...Mitsuhide, get up close to her. Motoko's probably not as able in close-combat as you but at a distance you'll be the one losing this!" Once more glancing at the two genin under her command and raising an eyebrow. "Happy?"

Huh...don't really know were that fifth d4 came from. My mistake.

Reflex Save: [roll0]

Taijutsu Roll (Zentai Bougyo): [roll2]
----------
HP: -11
AC: 25 (21 without Zentai Bougyo)

PhoeKun
2007-04-23, 10:38 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide adjusts his grip on his weapon to a two-handed hold. He has no idea what else Motoko might have in store for him - if he can finish this quickly, so much the better.

He swings in a motion Kaori might recognize from the previous night, but he is unable to find an opening in Motoko's defenses. As such, he does not bother to announce the attack. Why name that which did not work?

Standing there, he gives his opponent the briefest nod of respect.

Maintaining Nidan Kousoku for an extra round.

Taijutsu roll - Sangeki Hissatsu Waza: 1d20+13=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=996623) Success!

Chakra Control to convert chakra to hp damage (2-1 ratio, spending an action point): 1d20+9+1d6(1)=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=996625) Success! Mitsuhide takes 6 stamina damage.

Attack roll (action point): 1d20+7+1d6(1)=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=996628) ... miss... :smallfrown:

-------------------------------
HP: 17/27 (11)
Chakra: 4/15

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-23, 10:39 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu doesn't take his eyes off of the battle. At this moment in training, it was quite a sight to see. Aside from the spectacle of a moderately known and well known genin fighting at high intensity, it was a good opportunity to get a feel for his teammates and Motoko's limits.

Surprised at Taka's quick turn of face, he makes an attempt to lessen her agitation. "There's nothing wrong with supporting you're daughter. It's really quite nice, and a lot better than not supporting either side.

"I'm almost certain about this for Mitsuhide, by the way he looked when he approached, and slightly less about this for Motoko. I don't think, that either of them will win this."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-23, 11:21 PM
His opponent took advantage of the nod and brought her broom up in a blow that, had it been a sword, would have split him from groin to chin but her aim was more then a little off and only the breeze was felt.

Motoko didn't stop there though and let go of the broom, sending it spinning up into the air as a sort of distraction. While some were looking up at the broom, her left hand began to shimmer with a pure white chakra and she cocked it back for a devastating punch that went right by Mitsuhide's nose. The light weakened and disappeared after the missed blow and the girl edged back just the slightest bit from Mitsuhide before grudgingly giving a nod of her own back though the words she spoke didn't match the respect in the nod.

"No one will think less of you if you give up now Mitsuhide.." The raven haired girl said, softly so only that he could hear her. Everyone else seemed to be getting more and more on edge as the duel continued. Onu had an excited look on his face and was sitting on the edge of his seat while Motoko's team-mates looked surprised at how well the Hiten swordsman was holding. Taka's expression faded to a much more expressionless one and she gave a curt nod to her genin student.

Action Point: [roll0]

Agile Riptose AoO: [roll1]

Damage Roll: [roll2]

Taijutsu Check: [roll3]

Attack Roll: [roll4]

Damage: [roll5] [roll6]
------
AC 21
HP -11

PhoeKun
2007-04-23, 11:49 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"I appreciate the sentiment..."

The low toned response is accompanied by a an exhausted sword stroke, widely missing its mark. So widely, in fact, that it is difficult to tell whether or not it is intentional. He kneels in front of Motoko.

"It would seem I do not have it in me to continue. The victory is yours, Motoko-dono..."

Taijutsu roll - Sangeki Hissatsu Waza: 1d20+13=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=996752) Success! 3 chakra points spent.

Attack roll (w/ action point): 1d20+7+1d6(...1!!!!)=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=996763) ... :smallfurious:

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-24, 01:02 AM
A pregnant pause hung in the air with Mitsuhide's admission and Motoko gave a slow, not to mention very surprised (at the honorific used), nod of approval. Most of the others seem more then a little bit stunned however as Motoko offered out her hand to her opponent and pulled him up to his feet.

"You made the right decision Mitsuhide-dono. After all, you've still got another lose in you." Motoko said with a growing smile, breathing a little hard as the broom fell down to the ground without any fanfare. Releasing his hand, the swordswoman went over to the cleaning implement and picked it up with one hand. "Cause your good...but I think I've had more then a little more expierence then you have. Maybe I'll get a chance to show you what I can really do when there isn't an audience."

"Hmph. Figures he'd get an offer like that after losing, whats so special about him?" Came the angry voice as Wahe descended from the porch down towards the two of them. The red haired girl followed down after him with an infatuated look in her eyes.

"Dunno, maybe she just has bad taste." Came that vexingly irritating voice as the other girl gave a mild shrug.

"Or maybe I have more respect for him because he doesn't rely on cheap tricks to win." Growled Motoko as she turned toward her team mates.

For her part, Taka first headed towards Mitsuhide and reached into her kunai pouch and withdrew a small black pill. Holding it out for him to take with a nod of her head. "She's right, you did pretty good. Eat this, its a blood increasing pill."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-24, 04:29 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori closes his eyes and smiles, albeit indiscernable from behind his mask.

"Eh..."

Kaori stands and walks over to where Mitsuhide and Motoko are stood and raises his hands as if in surrender.

"Mitsuhide-san, Motoko-san, very impressive. Eh, don't feel bad Mitsuhide-san, she was the better fighter but i'm proud of your actions, yeah?"

Turning to Motoko he thinks of bowing but decides his body may not allow him to get back up again if he did so just nods.

"Motoko-san, well played."

PhoeKun
2007-04-24, 05:58 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Taka-sensei..."

Mitsuhide takes the pill with some surprise, not expecting his jounin to approach him with anything even remotely resembling approval. Popping the pill into his mouth, he bites down with the crunching sound all such medicines seem to make before adding,

"Thank you.

I have no complaints about the duel. I was simply defeated by a superior opponent. Motoko-dono, if there is something else you wish to show me, I would be happy to see it whenever you feel is best..."

The young swordsman ignores Wahe and his almost equally distasteful companion. He's far too tired to deal with them at this point...

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-24, 10:30 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu unconsciously steps forward with his Sensei and teammate to gather around Mitsuhide.

"You weren't defeated, Mitsuhide." he says flatly, "I mean that in the same way I said you wouldn't win. No disrespect to you, Motoko, but from what I've seen, you're really not much better than Mitsuhide. You have some advantage, but I wouldn't place you and him at more than six to four.

"You didn't lose, Mitsuhide, and you didn't win either, Motoko. It's far too close of a match to call a victory for either side, no matter who would have been beaten up. The only way I think either of you could have won, is if it was a fluke. Simple and fortunate luck."

Enuferiu's eyes narrow as he looks at the pair. "I don't think that either of you prepared much at all for this, did you?", he says accusingly.

PhoeKun
2007-04-24, 11:37 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"On the contrary,"

Mitsuhide says as he turns to face Enuferiu's accusatory stare. His tone is level and polite, if a bit weary:

"I have prepared for this my entire life. I train to be as effective as I can be at all times, and have been taught tactics for a large number of potential situations.

Forgive me for my bluntness, but... you aren't all that familiar with swordsmanship, are you, Enuferiu-san? A duel isn't a math problem; victory by a paper-thin margin is still a victory. Motoko-dono does not fight at a level utterly beyond my skill, but she did fight well enough to make me submit... it was one of the victory conditions we set out ahead of time. It does not do to detract from her victory simply because she did not crush me..."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-25, 03:29 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori watches the scene unravel and sighs.

"Eh. I don't know about you guys but I have things to do and could use some rest. If it's all the same Taka-sensei, I think we should retire for the day."

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-25, 06:33 PM
Enuferiu

"I'm not trying to say that both of you didn't do very well. I really liked watching both of you fight, and I'm sure you received your own rewards from it as well." he says, trying his best not to undermine their bout.

"You're absolutely right, that victory isn't about crushing you're opponent. It isn't won by narrow opportunity either. It's achieved by making sure that everything is in place, so that you could still win, even if you didn't fight."

Enuferiu pause for a moment to mull over the proper way to explain before continuing. "It's like Motoko's armor. We first saw from the way she winced from that side blow, that her armor didn't do much. If it had protected her, she would have had a clear advantage, rather than a slight one. Even before the fight, you saw it, and you thought about it. If it worked, you would have already lost. What did you have planned, if her armor had protected her? If you knew you wouldn't be able to win under any circumstance, would you still have done this?" Unlike the previous question, the two are asked with more curiosity than pretentiousness.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-25, 08:04 PM
"Of course he would have. Otherwise I'd have never thought it was worth either of or time to do this." Motoko said flatly, her face growing stormier and stormier as she listened to her neighbor. Wahe caught the look and backed away hastily even as the other girl rolled her eyes. The swordswoman ripped the breastplate free from her body and let it dropped to the ground were it made a noise much like an empty carton of milk hitting the ground. "He knew as well as anyone else with a passing knowledge of Shinmei Ryuu that we don't wear armor for protection. We wear it for intimidation and to honor those whom it symbolize, but I don't think a bookworm would have known that."

Taka blinked, as if in surprise, and looked over at Kaori when the teenager spoke up about going home to rest. An eyebrow arched in disbelief and she raised her hands up to rest on her hips as a chilling smile rose to her lips. "Rest? You can rest when your dead! Once we're finished here, all of you will be going to the third training ground to practice and train."

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-25, 09:55 PM
Enuferiu

"But, I don't know anything, about Shinmei Ryu," he states helplessly, or Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, or any sort of swordsmanship. I couldn't have known, even aware of that fact, if you would still choose to do so. It doesn't really matter so much to me what you do, as what you could do. Things like that shouldn't be let to slide, just because someone doesn't think it will happen."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-26, 04:03 AM
Inosuki Kaori

"Train!?" Kaori whined.

Pulling at his fingers, they make grotesquely loud crackling noise as they pop from their joints and back. A belt of electricity crackles off of the genin as he shakes out like a wet dog.

"Eh. Lets get going then. Eneferiu, seems like we've been left out of the fun anyway... so how would you like to spar later?"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-26, 05:13 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu turns around to the genin arcing static behind him. "That would be nice." he responds to him. Ignoring the ones now behind him, he proceeds to walk past the nin, motioning to him to start walking as well. "Training ground three, wasn't it?"

As they begin to walk, Enuferiu seems to come to a realization. "I don't think I heard you're name yet. What was it?"

PokeTheBard
2007-04-27, 03:33 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Looking misplaced, Kaori points to himself and moves his head to the side.

"Me?"

Kaori raises his hand and speaks to the genin quietly.

"I'm Inosuki Kaori. And yes, i'm aware it's a girl's name."

PhoeKun
2007-04-27, 03:15 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

As Enuferiu and Kaori walk off, Mitsuhide glances over at Motoko, a puzzled expression on his face that clearly indicates he has no idea what to make of what just happened.

"...It seems I should be going."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-04-27, 08:01 PM
Motoko didn't give any sort of look back however, merely gave a sour look at Enuferiu when he went walking off with Kaori. It looked as if their jounin had tired with the inactivity though and was ready to get all of them down to business...whatever that entailed.

Training ground three was a fairly normal place as far as training grounds went with a couple of sparring dummies, several targets hanging down from the tree branches, and a wide low stone slab that could serve as a seat, table, whatever. The jounin wasted no time once they were there before turning to her three soldiers...

"Alright kiddies, I want three hundred handstand-style pushups, an equal number of sit up and scrunches, and then we'll work on individual chakra manipulation! Then we'll start on the real excercise. Now get to it!"

((Training with Taka, or some other kind of instructor, counts towards developing techniques and what not so you have the half a training day (4 hours) for today and another full training day before next assignment.))

King_of_GRiffins
2007-04-27, 10:04 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu does not complain about the number of each drill, and sets to them immediately. Though he does not finish them very quickly, he keeps a steady pace and a good, stable form through-out. After the push-ups and sit-ups, it is difficult to tell if he is tired, or bored.

Other than sparing as promised with Kaori, he is seen sitting alone beside the stone slab focusing deeply. Occasionally, a quite 'poof' is heard, signifying the appearance of a slouching, moping caricature of himself where he was moments ago.

"Aw, that's not right at all." he says, breaking his silence only once in the process.

OOC: Learn Check: Develop Henge no Jutsu, DC 12 (1d20+4-4=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1006811)
Failed, but +2 synergy for the next check since Enu conducted his entire training. That should consume all 1.5 training days. Figured he's bound to have seen it a good dozen times.

edit: That should have been +5 to learn instead of +4, since he has more than 5 ranks in ninjitsu. Still fails...

PhoeKun
2007-04-27, 11:09 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is able to push through the physical aspects of Taka's training regimen just fine, but when it comes time for chakra related exercise and training, the swordsman finds he is running on empty. His legs give way from underneath him.

"Sensei... I can do no more..."

PokeTheBard
2007-04-28, 01:31 PM
Inosuki Kaori

After briefly sparring with Enuferiu, Kaori takes to sitting down on the grass.

He closes his eyes and leaves both his hands palm-up on his lap. Although it may appear that he is doing nothing, anyone close enough can feel the air around him buzzing with chakra-related energy.

Before the training is done, the air is so disturbed about him that a mini electrical storm is raging on, chibi-style, like a snow-globe in which the genin is the focal point.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-04, 03:26 PM
The time that all of them were given to relax seemed to pass slowly for the three genin. For some it was a chance to relax and heal up after heavy trials while for others it was more a period of study and teaching then one for rest. However after the first day neither sight nor sound of Taka was seen, though a glimpse of Motoko dressed in funeral robes suggested the Jounin was putting her own personal affairs in order.

A day later however, all three awoke in their respective homes to find that a letter had been left in their mail boxes. Each one of them was instructed to report to the Kage's building in order to receive their very own 'real' mission. The Kage building was a short squat building that looked more like a large bunker instead of the seat of the village's leader, built for defensive purposes instead of aesthitics.

Inside they found their jounin standing in front of the door that lead into the meeting room and once all of them had assembled, she stepped forward and opened the door up. Inside of the airy wooden chamber were the three people charged with handing out missions to the squads. In the middle was a man that everyone had at least heard of, Ihesamo Kinzen (Japanese way of saying the name so last name first), and on the right and left were the two councilors.

In front of the three lay a plain teak case that had two purple ropes tied around it and into a bow in the middle.

"Greetings Taka-chan. As always its a pleasure to have you back in active duty. And your team seems to be very well off, though a bit rough around the edges. I have a simple enough mission for Team 4 today. In front of you is a sword crafted by the swordsmith Tsuma and that was sold to a rather prosperous lord who was assissanated recently. With his customers death Tsuma is paying for his blade to be brought to his residence in the Land of Bears. It's a C-Rank mission so I'm not expecting any serious problems. Any questions?"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-05, 01:01 PM
Enuferiu

After collecting the letter from the boxes downstairs, Enuferiu is relieved upon reading it.

At least it didn't end up pinned to my head., he thinks. Still, if only to be certain the Jounin was normal, he returns to his apartment to asses the quantity of milk in his fridge.

-----

Enferiu enters the meeting room looking entirely prepared and exactly on time. Underneath a light brown and green camouflage cloak, some form of light armor could be made out. On he head were a pair of goggles with dark, honeycombed lenses. On his back was a pack with specially built straps, as well as the thin and long cloth wrapped weapon he had built. At his hip hung both a shruiken holster and kama with a blade of dull looking steel.

Once Ihesamo is finished, he raises his hand. "That sounds pretty strait forward. Is there anything peculiar about Mr. Tsuma that could be slightly problematic in delivery? An awkward schedule, strong phobia's or the like?"

PhoeKun
2007-05-05, 03:52 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Except for a brief glance at Enuferiu, Mitsuhide doesn't to much to move out of his stance of respectful attention, nor does he speak. Enu has already asked the question that popped into his mind; there's no point in repeating it.

At his waist today is the sword he used back in that first night, during Taka's test. Actually, he looks much the same as he ever does, but for the fact that he's not beaten and battered for once, and the small black and grey object he holds in his hands.

The young genin waits patiently to be dismissed. In truth, he was looking forward to this mission. Meeting a swordsmith is an exciting prospect, to say the least...

PokeTheBard
2007-05-06, 11:06 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori chooses not to speak or move, simply listening to the Proxy-Kage's instruction.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-10, 10:23 AM
((OOC Note: Kinzen isn't a Kage, Kagekure is currently Kage-less. Kinzen is more of a stand-in.))

"No, I don't foresee anything of that nature being problematic to the mission. I suspect that the worse you'd deal with is someone else trying to retrieve the blade, if anyone. And a low chance of that as well. If that is all..." Kinzen waited for a moment or two to see if any other questions were raised by you before nodding to one of the people at his side. The attendant rose up from his seat and lifted the package, carrying it over to the team and holding it out to Taka.

Though she took it readily enough, the jounin waited for the squad to leave the room before tossing it towards Enuferiu. "Here. One of you carry it." Was all that she said before leading the three out of the Kage's building...

----------------------------------------

Your jounin leads you out of the south gate, towards the entrance of the valley that Kagekure lays in. Once out from underneath of the massive overhang, the light seems brighter then it does in the village but thats to be expected. A raggedy stream of villagers and lords alike trek down towards the beaten up shinobi village, most likely the suppliers of missions, while there hardly seemed to be anyone that was heading out into the world that looked like a ninja.

There was a vibrant and bright feeling in the air, as if life was flourishing outside of the village and birds were singing lightly in the air. Taka seems a bit miserable as she squints around to the sides of the dirt road for signs of suspicion or threats. Its a long walk to the Land of Bears.

PokeTheBard
2007-05-11, 07:39 AM
Inosuki Kaori

After a short while, Kaori yawns and turns to his team.

"Eh, guys... shouldn't we move faster? We'll get the job done quicker and we'll be harder to find for potential bandits."

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-11, 01:31 PM
Enuferiu

As the squad steps out into the sun from the perpetual shadow of the valley, Enuferiu almost stumbles onto the ground. After catching himself, he moves the goggles on his head over his eyes with his free hand (the other occupied with the package)

"Well," he points out with some embarrasment, "I could move a little faster if you helped carry some of my stuff. I brought a little more than neccesary in my pack, so it might help to spread it out. Unless, can anyone carry an extra forty pounds?"

PhoeKun
2007-05-12, 09:39 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Immediately upon leaving the village, Mitsuhide takes the object he was carrying, which turns out to be a mask, and puts it on, obscuring his face from the nose down, like all good ninja masks do.

He glances over at Enuferiu's back.

"40 pounds? That wouldn't be a problem, only... if you don't mind my asking, why did you bring so much along? What exactly are you carrying?"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-12, 05:36 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu turns his head skyward as he list the contents of his backpack."Mostly the usual, really; a few extra sets of clothes and alternate camouflage cloaks, a pair of magazines, a notebook, and some pens. I believe I put a couple smoke bombs in there as well. However, half of the weight comes from the tools I'm carrying." While speaking, he casually presses down on the clasp over his chest to unbuckle the straps to his bag. Grasping the two left straps, he holds the bag out to Mitsuhide.

"I'm good at laying traps, so I'd like to be able to put that skill to use if it becomes necessary. Those tools will make that possible. On top of that, when I see something interesting, I like to be able to take it apart. You know, to find out how it works."

Enuferiu looks down, humbly. "It's sort of a hobby."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-19, 01:26 AM
Travel for the large part seemed to be a dull expierence for the three genin and their jounin instructor. Taka seemed adamant about not communicating with the three boys under her command and seemed generally surly when they tried. That only left each other for company.

For the most part, not much of the scenery changed as the squad moved from Kagekure to the Land of Bears, though vegatation was withering away the closer and closer that they all came to the border of the country. About the only real difference was the style of clothing and mannerisms of the people that they passed along the road.

It was only about a day from the border that the four come across a purple velvet tent set up at roadside with a wooden sign out in front with the image of an eye on the front of it. Your jounin perks up a little bit at the sight of the tent and a bit of a skip comes into her step as she looked over her shoulder to the Genin. "Hey, we're take a brief stop here and get our fortunes told. Maybe if we're lucky then they'll come true."

Without much of a choice in the matter the three of you approach the tent and catch sight of a smaller sign above the tent flap, signaling that customers could only enter one at a time and Taka gives a disgruntled sigh. "Well damn. Which one of you is going first?"

PokeTheBard
2007-05-19, 06:49 AM
Inosuki Kaori

"Ladies first. Taka-sensei should enter..."

PhoeKun
2007-05-19, 03:10 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is suddenly very glad to be wearing a mask - it makes the task of hiding his lack of enthusiasm for current events much, much easier. And since Taka seemed determined that they should all do this, well... he certainly wasn't going to be the one to contradict her. The feeling as though he was always on thin ice with his sensei hadn't left him since he'd first seen her pin Kaori to a wall...

"If Taka-sensei defers to us, then I will go. Or else after her..."

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-20, 12:16 AM
Enuferiu

"I don't have any trust in this sort of performance," he says almost as expected. Who but the 'book worm' would not believe in such a joke as astrology?"But I'm not one to let preconceptions stand in the way of fun. I think I'll go last in line for this one."

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-22, 07:30 PM
The jounin rolled her eyes and gave a small sigh. "Never thought I'd see the day when a bunch of Genin would be nervous about having their fortunes told by some cranky old woman with a genetic defect. Fine, I'll go first but you guys better be ready for when I'm done." And with a slightly amused expression she parted the curtain of the tent and entered into the classicly dim-light interior of the cloth building.

((You of course have osme time to chat but I'm going to fast forward nonetheless.))
------------------------------

It was some time until Taka came back out of the inside of the tent, a good fifteen minutes perhaps and you can hear the sound of laughter every now and then. When she finally did emerge, the jounin was still chuckling lightly and brushing a hint of moisture from the corner of one eye. A mirthful expression on her face as she gestured with one hand to the tent.

"Ha ha ha...G-go on in. This will be funny if nothing else."

PhoeKun
2007-05-22, 08:20 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

The time passes in relative silence for Mitsuhide, as the young genin prefers to keep quiet and wonder about the nature of the laughter emanating from the tent. Already, an eyebrow arches its way up his forehead, and he gives a very confused glance to his teammates just before Taka exits. And when she does, he is wearing that same look on his face.

With a shrug, Mitsuhide steps forward, and enters the tent.

Not long thereafter, he exits the tent, shaking his head.

"That was... interesting."

PokeTheBard
2007-05-23, 03:36 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori waits patiently outside whilst Taka and then Mitsuhide go into the fortune tellers tent. When it is finally his turn, he stretchs out a little and enters the tent, straightening his mask as he enters.

Kaori sits in the tent and listens to the fortune teller for a while before emerging some moments later, thankful for the mask to cover much of his face.

PokeTheBard
2007-05-23, 03:39 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori waits patiently outside whilst Taka and then Mitsuhide go into the fortune tellers tent. When it is finally his turn, he stretchs out a little and enters the tent, straightening his mask as he enters.

Kaori sits in the tent and listens to the fortune teller for a while before emerging some moments later, thankful for the mask to cover much of his face.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-23, 07:18 AM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu closes his eyes, and seems almost to fall asleep while waiting for the others. However, a curious raise of his eyebrow and a slow march into the tent as Kaori exits proves otherwise.

On his way out, his approach back to the group is marked by an obviously distant and contemplative mind.

PokeTheBard
2007-05-24, 03:01 AM
Inosuki Kaori

His face paler than usual, Kaori obsessively straightens out his gloves and wipes down his sashes and clothes.

"So guys, how did it go, eh?"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-24, 10:40 AM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu changes attitude quite quickly, seeming almost cheerful for participating in the event. "Definetily interesting. I'd never guess a fortune-teller to say something that specific. Vauge, yes, but much better than 'Investigate possibilities for finance to achieve wealth'. Plus, there's something really nice to being refered to by a title."

PokeTheBard
2007-05-24, 11:45 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori quickly snaps a look at Eneferiu, eyes wide, before averting his gaze and grunting in acknowledgment.

"Eh. It's all just a bit of fun though, isn't it. No need to read too deeply, right?"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-24, 03:18 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu turns to stare in kind at Kiori, his goggles hiding any accompanying expression. His voice trails with some pretension, like a teacher. "Of course it should be read deeply. Otherwise, it's just a phrase full of nonsense. Fortunes are supposed to be without context, allowing the receiver to fill in the gaps by himself. The fun part is, how many different ways can you look at what you've been told?"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-24, 03:20 PM
"Well now I feel ripped off since all I got was 'seek answers among those who are and never there.' How vague is that?" Taka replied with a snort a bit of a sigh. Turning Taka gave a gesture to those under her command and once more begins to lead you towards the Land of Bears.

It didn't take long before you all reach the treacherous valley that surrounded the land and was filled with a poisonous mist. However it appeared as if Taka had come prepared though and had a gas mask for the each of you. Soon even that minor road block was gone and you finally reached the interior of the land of Bears. Up ahead a sign post pointed off down the two different paths and proclaimed the names of the town's at each. Taka took the left one without even hesitating towards a town called Owei.

---------------------

Another day passed before you reach the outlying buildings of the border town and there was a signifigant difference between the village of Kagekure and this town. It was busy and vibrant. None of that staleness that came with the rebuilding efforts. Buildings were built squater and the streets weren't paved either with few passerbys going up and down the streets.

"Alright team, spread out and find out were this guy lives. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll go book us an inn to stay the night in and we'll meet up there."

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-24, 04:35 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu takes the gas mask with his head bowed, being the only one not to bring one himself. He quickly puts the mask on, completely hiding his facial expressions from view.

Before Taka even finishes giving her orders, Enuferiu has already wandered off and out of sight. He goes around town taking in the local color, and collecting local newspapers, zines, and tabloids out of curiosity and for the articles of information contained there-in. On the walks in between stalls, he purchases a few household chemicals and begins to fashion them together inside thin soap blocks.

(OOC:
[roll0], to find Tsuma's residence, or the locations of local smiths.
[roll1], in hours
Take 10 three times, Craft(Chemical) check 14, create 3 improvised explosives. Take 10 for wealth check for materials. (1d6 Dmg, 5ft, DC 10 Ref)

PhoeKun
2007-05-24, 07:30 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Since he is already wearing one, Mitsuhide turns down the gas mask.

"Mother insists I wear a mask at all times when not in the village.

...Apparently, she is wiser than I had realized."

While somewhat interested in discussing the fortune teller with his teammates (and slightly surprised at this), now is not the time, and he'd rather not let Taka hear such a conversation anyway. Instead, he offers his sensei a brief bow before heading off into town to search for the home of the sword smith.

The young genin's search winds up looking much more like sight seeing than actual searching. Which is not to say he's not looking - he is - but this is the first time he's ever been allowed to roam outside of Kagekure. He pokes around a lot, and see what there is to buy, thoroughly enjoying himself... despite being shouldered with all of the gear.

((I think we can count this as taking 20 on a gather information check. Or 10, if you prefer, but this is one of those "no stone unturned" type situations))

PokeTheBard
2007-05-25, 03:46 AM
Inosuki Kaori

In contrast to his team mates, Kaori is very disinterested in the village and it's appeals. Kaori, utilizing his Chouyaku no Jutsu, travels quickly via the rooftops to anywhere that looks like it might be to do with metalworking, almost exclusively.

Should he find anywhere, he bows to the occupants in turn and explains in the simplest, vaguest terms his predicament and mission. When he is in his professional stride, Kaori knows that the mission and the success of his village is paramount, and discretion and invisiblity are vital tools to the shinobi in his work.

(I agree, I doubt we're threatened so taking twenty should be fine. Treat Kaori as always making Sense Motive checks and perception checks though, as he is being cautious not to let up anything he shouldn't)

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-25, 03:42 PM
Owei was a disorganized little town that didn't really have much going for it. Or at least thats what it seemed like to the various genin running all about to find Tsuma. Most of the shops held vegetables and food stuffs and there weren't very many places to stay either. At least there wouldn't be too much trouble finding the place that Taka had picked for them to stay at.

Despite the inherent chaos of the place, it didn't take very long to find out were Tsuma lived either. North part of town, building a bit larger then the others. Blue roof and purple paint. Nothing exactly too fancy. And the three were told to return to their leader first...

Before too long the three of them were reunited back at the inn with no truly extradonary incidences befalling them. Though Mitsuhide had to dodge a horse that had thrown its rider and an odd swarm of flies was following Kaori and Enu both.

PokeTheBard
2007-05-26, 05:26 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori goes to the desk and inquires to the room, showing his ninja license to the innkeeper for good measure.

"Can you say where I can find my sensei?"

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-27, 11:12 AM
Enuferiu

Bothered by the swarm of flies following him, Enuferiu stops and takes a moment to contemplate. After a few moments, he makes several hands seals to create a shuriken made of lightning, and uses it as a fly swatter and bug zapper. On the way to the inn, he can be seen having fun trying to bat the flies down.

At the inn, he joins Kaori at the counter. "She should have purchased a room for us, under 'Okabashi, Taka'."

(OOC: Take ten on Ninjutsu Check; Raishuriken no Jutsu
[roll0]; 2 Chakra for 4 Stamina)

PhoeKun
2007-05-28, 08:58 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is not far behind his companions, but by this point, has little to add to the conversation. He simply waits for the innkeeper to respond, standing quietly behind Kaori and Enuferiu.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-28, 11:29 PM
Enu's renewed assault on the flies had them confused as the fly air forces struggled to adapt to the new fly killing tactic. Half of their number died that very day before they rallied for a new assault. One fly in particular seemed to be the focus of the new assault from the biting and suddenly mean-spirited flies. The kid gloves had been taken off and they weren't in the kind mood!

-------------------

The innkeeper looked up as the three teenagers approached his desk, looking like he was about to tell them to get lost since they obviously couldn't afford his fine service or rooms. Until the ninja license was pulled out and there was such a rapid turnabout it was almost as if his head had spun around to reveal one that had been on the back of the first one.

"Ah, ah yes. Lady Okabashi said that there would be others joining her this evening. She did not say that they were...children. Your on the second floor, 5th door on the left young master." Came the sickeningly sweet reply as he pulled out a spare key from underneath of the desk with the room number on it as well.

True to his word, the key they were given indeed opened up the door he said that their sensei was behind. Inside was a....well Taka must have paid out the noise for the room because it was downright fancy. Expensive wood and a nice carpet. Not to mention everything just plain snazzy!

And their jounin was hanging from the ceiling like a piece of meat. Er...well an excercising piece of meat. Two kunai had been dug into the wood of a ceiling beam, a fair distance apart and Taka had one in each hand. Hanging with her feet off of the floor, she was sweating and panting as she pulled herself up agonizingly slowly unto the top of her head hit the wood and lowering herself back down. Sweat trickled in slow rivulets down her back, soaking through the plain ol' customary black ninja gi and she was facing away from the doorway. Still she didn't stop as the genin came into the room and began another slow ascent. One could see the muscles spasming underneath of her skin.

"Well? Did you find Tsuma?"

PhoeKun
2007-05-29, 12:39 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

"He lives in a building, slightly larger than the others around it, with a blue roof and purple paint on the North side of town. We can make the delivery whenever you'd like us to, sensei..."

Mitsuhide avails himself of this opportunity to set the gear down on the ground before returning his attention to Taka. Her workout routine is impressive, and not one he's seen before. It raises a question in the back of his mind: what, precisely, does his sensei specialize in?

PokeTheBard
2007-05-29, 04:13 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods, finding a piece of furniture and leans against it.

"We could go right away, but perhaps we should leave it until tomorrow and cover each other. Eh, This is a low-rank mission but it's possible we'll be up against something so i'd rather do it after a good nights rest with able back-up."

Kaori turns to Taka, tilting his head to the right a little.

"Eh, Taka-sensei"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-05-31, 03:25 PM
"Good work then." Taka replied as she pulled herself back up into the air for one more before letting go and landing lightly on her feet. Still sweating, the jounin left the kunai up in the wooden beams and crossed the floor to a red paneled door and entered into the bathroom calling out to the genin from behind the door. "We'll stay the night then and go see Tsuma in the morning. You have the rest of the night off to do what you want and pick a place to sleep cause the bed is mine."

((Just lemme know what your doing during the night if anything or put it in your post.))
--------------------------------------------------

Morning seemed to come all too swiftly with the fierce rays of sunlight burning into the your eyelids. Another thing that came to the senses was that of burning bacon, the source of which was laying in a messy frying pan on the stove counter and a plate next to it. The entire apartment seems eerily quiet, with nary a sound coming from any of the rooms but the one you all lurk in. A quick and subtle investigation would reveal two very very important facts.

Taka was gone.

And so was the sword case...

King_of_GRiffins
2007-05-31, 04:53 PM
Enuferiu

After waking up and analyzing the room, he steps forward to the area the sword was in and gives it a good look. He walks around to look at every angle and then pronounces, "Looks like I forgot to set the trap last night. Funny."

Enuferiu proceeds to the remnants of bacon on the stove, and gives a firm look of disdain at the greasy, and now cooked rare, strips. Without further thought, he opens the door and stops. "I'm going to go find someplace to get some breakfast. Wanna come? I'll pay."

PokeTheBard
2007-05-31, 05:57 PM
Inosuki Kaori

When dismissed, Kaori bows to his sensei and throws a salute to his genin teammates before backing back out the door.

"A bit of Kaori time, right? See y'all in a while."

Immediately, Kaori takes off like a deer hearing a gunshot, out of sight ensuring he is not followed. The shinobi returns a few hours later, and quietly slinks back into the room before sleeping.

---------------------------------

The next morning, Kaori notices the lack of Taka, which instills him with relief and terror in equal measure. Only when it is pointed out does he notice the case is also gone.

He turns to Enuferiu.

"Enu-kun, forgive me."

He smiles and scratches his head.

"Eh... I would dearly like to accompany you for food, but perhaps later. I want to rush to Tsuma's place, to see if he has the package. If not we may have problems, and by the looks of it, trained and stealthy killer problems..."

PhoeKun
2007-05-31, 09:35 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

At the mention of free time, Mitsuhide flexes the fingers on his right hand, which make surprisingly loud popping noises. He looks at his hand for a moment, slightly perturbed, before bowing and stepping out the door not long behind Kaori. He returns several hours later, having somewhat obviously tried to squeeze some training time into the mission.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He awakes the next morning almost expecting something to have gone wrong. Perhaps it had simply been the nature of his dreams that night, but whatever the cause of his sudden bout of pessimism, it was well placed this morning. He frowns at the place where the case should be, then turns to Enuferiu.

"The offer is appreciated, but I agree with Kaori-san. I would be feel more at ease knowing what happened to our charge than I would with a full stomach..."

He bows politely, but it is not long before he is out the door, waiting only if no one else comes with him.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-01, 12:02 AM
Enuferiu

As Mitsuhide makes his way out, he follows, motioning for Kaori to come along as well. He catches up and walks beside Mitsuhide as they make their way down the hall.

"Well, let's think about it," he says with his lost-sounding voice, "If something bad happened in the night, Sensei had no reason to be quite about dealing with it. Proof of so, we slept peacefully. If she only found out until this morning, why make breakfast? There's no sign of a fight, or forced entry, or even a kunai in the door as a message that somethings going down. My view is, she just wanted to deliver it before our target left to go work so that we can leave quickly, and thought she could do it herself.

"So, why don't we take our time and grab something to eat on the way over to confirm all this? I'd much rather track a missing teacher on a full stomach."

PokeTheBard
2007-06-01, 05:28 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori frowns as he leaves to follow Mitsuhide.

"Well-"

He is cut off by a loud growling from his stomach. Turning on his heal, he laughs.

"Hmm. Maybe we should get something to eat en route!"

PhoeKun
2007-06-01, 01:02 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide pauses a moment before sighing, and turning around to face his companions.

"... You both make interesting points. All right then, but please try to be quick about this."

PokeTheBard
2007-06-02, 11:04 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori stands out of the way of the doorway.

"Please, lead the way, Enu-kun!"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-05, 05:06 PM
With a new goal in mind, to eat ones fill and then go to Tsuma's household, the three set out with determination in their step and hunger in their bellies. Enu leads the squad to a nice rustic looking 'rice shack' ordering only a half a bowl for himself. He even bought breakfast for Mitsuhide and Kaori, a nice assortment of fried fish and sauce (not to mention rice). After a rather filling meal, you continue on to were you had been directed to at Tsuma's house.

It didn't exactly prove hard to find the building, after all it did have rather noticable colors all around it. But getting in looked like would be a harder task. Especially when one considered the ten foot high metal fence. But thought it looked sturdy, the gate was unlocked and pushed open. Glancing at each other with just a hint of trepidation, you enter past the gate to a well maintained yard and garden. Something was...well let us say the ninja sense is a tingling...it just doesn't feel right...

PokeTheBard
2007-06-05, 05:46 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Entering the compound, Kaori reaches into his sash to grasp at a fistful of protruding needles. Pulling them out, he keeps a wary attitude about him. The atmosphere looked to confirm what he had suspected. Other ninjas could be involved here.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-06, 01:02 AM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu was not one to trust intuition or appearances, though just to be sure, he stops to performs a few hand-seals for good luck. There is nothing particularly outstanding about the garden, but perhaps that is why it is outstanding. It was too quiet for a home where their sensei and the smith would be meeting, and though the lock on the gate was not forced, that it was unlocked with tighter measures of security around did hint that something may be afoot.

"Let's move a bit more quickly," Enu said as he performed another hand-seal and moved across the garden to the side of the home to look for an entrance.

OOC: Perform; Gyoukou (1d20+13=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1087488)
+1 Luck to Saveing Throws, Attacks and Gambling for 7 Rounds
Perform; Chouyaku no Jutsu (1d20+13=30) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1087513)
+4 to Jump, +5ft Movement, +1 to Jump w/10ft move, for 4 rounds

[roll0]
[roll1]
If there is enough to obscure Enu in the garden; -5 for full speed:
[roll2]

PhoeKun
2007-06-06, 12:49 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

In contrast to Enuferiu, Mitsuhide's approach is rather more straightforward, although he is no less wary. In fact, 'on edge' would probably be a better description.

He follows silently along behind Kaori, one hand gripping the sheath of his own sword as he does so. And all along, the single silent regret: why did we bother with breakfast?

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-08, 12:21 PM
The three were on edge, and for good reason too since their sensei was not a quiet person. Enu dashed across the smallish courtyard to seek an entrance around the other side of the building, keeping his eyes and ears open for any sign of enemy shinobi while Mitsuhide and Kaori crept towards the front door.

It was only when Enu was close to the corner that he heard the noise coming from behind some squat bushes not to far away from him and his eyes widened.

"Guys, look out!" Came the cry of alarm as the intruder showed himself by bursting out of the bushes a massive sword held in both hands as he charged towards Kaori and swung the greatsword down in a mighty horizontal slash that the tough ninjutsu user wasn't able to avoid. (10 points of damage) Kaori's assailant was an oddity of himself, dressed in pure white robes with lacquered armor, face concealed behind an expressionless white mask much like a hunter nin's though no colorings or markings marred it's snowy surface.

Not to far away (20 ft. to the left), another one revealed it's presence throwing a earthy brown blanket and rising up from were he had been laying on the ground in imitation of being a flower bed, battle axe eagerly switched between hands as he clambered up to his feet, an eager hiss coming out from his white mask, though it was smudged with dirt.

It proved to be a boon that Enu had skidded to warn his companions for not a moment after he stopped and shouted the warning, a wickedly bladed kama sliced through the air were he would have been had he kept moving. With a subtle movement, a third one edged it's way around the side of the smith's house same as the others in all ways except for the weapon clutched in his hand.

OOC: Kaori took a critical for 10 points of damage, the surprise round just happened (Though Enu can take an action in it and on his own iniative whenever that is). So I need iniative's from all you three. For the sake of simplicity, they shall be named after their weapons to make keeping track of their life easy. So your fighting Battle-Axe, Greatsword, and Kama.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-08, 01:17 PM
Enuferiu

With a spring from his Jumping Technique, Enuferiu glides backwards until he is twenty feet from his assailant. Reaching into the holster on his side as he backs up, he draws a long handled kunai and throws it instantly.

Taking only a minor step back to achieve a prepared stance, Enu draws his own Kama and watches his opponents movements forward.

(OOC:
Initiative (1d20+3=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093563)

[roll0]
[roll1]
DC 15 Reflex to remove
[roll2] ; Success, Kunai Explodes as instant action
[roll3]
DC 15 Reflex save for half, only if previous save succeded)

Exploit Weakness; [roll4] ; Success, Int bonus in place of Str and Dex against Kama Ninja.

PhoeKun
2007-06-09, 12:37 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

Reacting almost instantly to the assault on Kaori, Mitsuhide springs forward, tucking into a diving roll past his comrade toward the one who had harmed him. He rises back into a standing position, draws, and attacks in one smooth motion, but the complicated nature of his attack leaves his aim less than perfect.

His eyes dart quickly toward Kaori, looking for a silent confirmation that he's ok before zipping over to Enu and then back to his opponent...

Initiative - 1d20+3=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093164)

Tumble - 1d20+9=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093167)

Taijutsu check for Battoujutsu/Iaido - 1d20+15=34 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093171) Auto success! Wasted good roll! 2 chakra spent. :smalltongue:

Attack roll - 1d20+10=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093174) Hatred of self ensues. Actually, there might be a flanking bonus here, but I didn't think of that until after the fact, so... your call.

Damage roll - 1d10+5=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093177) Oh, sure. Roll low for the important stuff, why don't you? :smallannoyed:

HP - 27/27 (assuming we've had enough rest since the last time I was roughed up)
Chakra - 13/15
Defense - 19 (currently 17)

PokeTheBard
2007-06-09, 08:01 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks down at the deep gash cut by the assailant. He frowns and crackles with electricity.

"Eh. That wasn't very nice."

Hopping back onto the back foot, Kaori releases the flurry of needles he has grasped in his gloved hand. The four sharp impliments hurtle toward the fighter with the huge sword.

Initiative: 1d20+3=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093458)

5-foot step retreat away from "Greatsword"

Attack 1d20+6=23 (Ranged attack) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1093455)

Damage if applicable = 1

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-10, 03:47 PM
Enu's warning was taken to heart as his two comrades were quick to defend themselves from these odd menaces. Kaori however didn't prove nimble enough to avoid the next scything sword blow from Greatsword, a diagonal blow that proved to be just as deep as the first one had been. (10 damage on this one too.) With a pleased hiss, the white masked individual began to advance when Mitsuhide went rolling past the both of them, drawing his katana and attacking in the same swift motion. To his surprise, the enemy wasn't able to get out of the way and instead stumbled as the attack sliced through the white of the robes beneath to reveal...nothing?

The moment of hesitation cost the swordsman dearly as the greatsword wielding menace whirled back across with it's sword thrusting forward to dig into Mitsuhide's shoulder deeply before it twisted the blade and yanked it free. (Another 10 damage. Just can't roll anything else) A useful distraction came in the form of Kaori when the throwing needles dug into the thing's shoulder drawing another angry hiss from behind the mask. Unfortunately Kaori didn't have time to savor the blow before the sound of pounding boots drew his attention to the battle-axe wielding one (You get an AoO) and the slow clumsy blow it leveled his way.

Enu's ploy proved to be equally effective as the kama wielding one scrambled with it's free hand to pull the kunai from it's body before it exploded...and failed to do so in time. When the smoke cleared Kama looked...charred but was still standing, hooking the kama around so the blade was against the forearm before dashing forward (Another AoO) and slicing at the mechanical lover's legs twice only to have the ninja hop over them in the nick of time.

OOC: Iniative is as follows...

Greatsword
Kama
Mitsuhide
Battle-Axe
Enu then Kaori.

Going to play out this whole turn first (The one you guys have already rolled for) and then have their actions (For Kama and Greatsword) for the next one. So no worries if it looks like they got extra actions, thats part of the next turn.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-11, 12:21 AM
Enuferiu

"How are you two holding up?" shouts Enu as he hops over the swinging blade. Landing, he heads his own blade for the small opening in the Kama-wielders higher off-hand side. After taking the swing, he backs off to begin a series of blows, opening up the same position to attack again. This time, he feints with his kama, and aims a jab at the center of the Kama-wielders chest.

AoO - AoO Attack (1d20+6=26) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1095891),
Confirm Critical (1d20+6=12) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1095894),
Damage (1d6=4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1095897),
I don't think 12 Confirms. If it does, roll the damage.
--
It's in the best interest that at least one of them falls unconscious instead of dying, and Enu has the best opportunity.
Unarmed Strike - Unarmed Attack (1d20+6=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1095900),
Non-Lethal Damage (1d3=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1095903)
And I think I just failed that shot...

PokeTheBard
2007-06-11, 08:22 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori winces, bleeding into his clothes quite rapidly.

"Yeah, not too good you know?"

Hopping back further, the genin flicks a few handseals together and extends his hands towards the assailant with the greatsword.

"Eh, Let's see how you like it, buddy! Raikousen no Jutsu!"

Ninjutsu Roll: Raikousen (1d20+12=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1095998)
Ranged Touch Attack and Action Point (1d20+6=10, 1d6=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096003)
Raiton Damage (2d6=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1096005)

DC 13 Fortitude Save (I think, dont quote me) against Stun

Ed: 3 Chakra Points spent btw.

PhoeKun
2007-06-12, 07:30 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

As Mitsuhide's blood splatters on the ground, he grits his teeth and steals a quick glance at Enuferiu, who seems to be faring much better than he is.

"I'm holding - that's enough!"

The swordsman's left hand flies up to grab the hilt of his sword and join his right, and with a quick twisting motion, he turns the blade around and brings it down full force in a wide arc on the greatsword wielding... thing.

Attack: 1d20+8 plus action point = 23+5 = 28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1098747)

Damage: 1d10+5 = 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1098754). I truly believe this is the world's worst katana...

HP - 17/27 (assuming we've had enough rest since the last time I was roughed up)
Chakra - 13/15
Defense 19

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-13, 10:35 AM
A slight glimmer of light was the only warning that Kaori received as Battle-Axe stepped closer and grasped it's weapon firmly with both hands and brought the axe around in a might blow that would behead most people. If it had hit. Instead Kaori's moment of warning proved to be his salvation when he ducked underneath of the axe blade and sent a stream of lightening arcing towards the greatsword wielding menace that Mitsuhide and himself were fighting. Only to have it stop nary an inch away and go arcing off in the wrong direction harmlessly as if it had been deflected.

Great Sword didn't even take notice of the danger as it pressed the attack against Mitsuhide, stepping into another powerful chop that was fairly easy for the fast swordman to lean out of the way of and embed the blade in the ground only to have it pulled back out and held straight up in the air in a ready position and taking the blow it received in return stoically.

Enu's foe took the blow from the kama exactly were he had planned for it to land, right on the left shoulder and buckling some underneath of the blow. The feint however had no were near as much success as the first blow when the white masked thing caught the genin's fist in it's own and squeezed down tightly until the mechanic yanked his fist back.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-13, 12:02 PM
Enuferiu

Between dispatching his current advisory or helping Kaori, Enu settles on a compromise of action. Backing up from the Kama wielder, he turns and runs at his accelerated pace, slowing down slightly as he goes. As he runs, he throws a Kunai at the ground behind him to forestall the Kama wielder or injure it.

Last round for Jumping Technique. Moving 35ft away from Kama and towards the group. Throwing Exploding Kunai at ground 5ft behind, setting to explode on my turn next round.

Hit the square; [roll0]
1 Round Delay, DC 11; [roll1]; Success!

Good Fortune last for 3 more rounds

PokeTheBard
2007-06-13, 12:48 PM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori ducks and dives around the swinging weapons as best as his broken body allows, before making a break for it.

"Mitsuhide-san! Enu-kun! I think it's best we run now. I have an idea."

Kaori spouts out a rushed sentance and then runs clear out of the complex as fast as he can.

PhoeKun
2007-06-13, 04:19 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

Hearing Kaori's request, Mitsuhide waits and watches to make sure his companion is able to escape the compound. If he is, the young swordsman performs a backward flip and half turn before dashing toward the gate. Once there, he waits to make sure Enuferiu is also able to make it out (and in fact, if he even chooses to do so), ready to move right back in should he fail to follow.

Tumble check - 1d20+9 = 28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1100143) - no AoOs!

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-13, 05:05 PM
The three...well...whatever they were seemed surprised by the sudden lift of the assault that the three of you had been leading against them. Battle-Axe in particular had time for one last desparate swing, as if unwilling to let Kaori flee, that bit in deeply (10 points of damage since he goes before Kaori even starts running.).

All three of them were quick to take up the pursuit of the fleeing genin, though Kama hesitated as it ran as if deciding what to do with the exploding kunai that had been left before it. In the end it simply decided to run on past the weaponry and join (Though it had fallen behind) the other three white-masked and robed individuals.None of the three had made it far into the compound, making it a relatively simple task to get back to (or beyond) the iron gate but something curious did occur.

Pursuit had stopped.

Once the three had reached the wall and the gate, all three of their pursuers had stopped in it's tracks and silently retreated back towards the building.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-14, 11:16 AM
Enuferiu

To Enu's disappointment, his Kunai explodes harmlessly as he runs after the others. As he stops just past the gate with the others, he turns to examine the house fully from his current angle, and match it with possible exterior layouts common to the area.

"Hey guys, do you think you can run faster than those guards? One possibility is if we run inside, they might stop following us at that point as well."

[roll0]; Matching everything he's seen so far with exterior design layouts of the area to get a good idea of where a good door might be.

PokeTheBard
2007-06-14, 11:38 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods.

"I'd rather not run the risk, though. Right? I'm banged up royal. I think we need to pull off some ranged attacks on them and take them out one-by-one. Eh, I vote we remove the guy with the greatsword first, his weapon really digs deep!"

(OOC: Read, does more damage)

Kaori winces in pain as his dripping blood stains the floor.

"But... if we're going with your plan, then Mitsuhide-san is the fastest of us."

PhoeKun
2007-06-14, 10:35 PM
Asano Mitsuhide

"If I go, I go alone. Kaori-san is much too injured to continue at this point. In fact, I would rather see that he gets medical attention as quickly as can be.

Enuferiu-san, shall I test your theory? I can likely manage a blow on one of them on my way through, as well..."

Mitsuhide speaks calmly, but a slight flash in his eyes betrays his concern over the situation.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-15, 11:15 AM
Enuferiu

"It would be best if we avoid injuring them further. If these are Tsuma's guards, I don't think he'd like it if we happened to kill them. As well, we should avoid risking further injury to ourselves. I haven't been hurt yet, and can distract them for you while you make it inside." As he speaks, he begins to sweat excessively, perhaps anxious of the task at hand. Of the few exposed parts of his body, his skin takes on a darker and duller hue.

Enu steps forward and lobs a smoke bomb out towards the corner of the house, waiting for it to begin dispersing a red blanket of dust before dashing out to reach it.

Kawa no Yorio (Skin Armor), DC 13; [roll0]; Success, 3 Chakra used
Smoke Bomb, 70ft out, or to the square of the right corner of the building; [roll1]

Jumping Technique, DC 12; [roll2]; Success, 1 Chakra used
Double-move/ Run actions to reach the smoke (70ft/140ft)

[roll3]

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-16, 12:27 PM
With a plan decided on Enu throws the red colored smoke bomb and takes off towards the corner of the building, praying that this building was like all of the other ones in this area and had a side door that would open up into the kitchen. He had barely gone ten feet back into the courtyard when the three white masked weapon baring creatures broke from their line and began to chase after the fleet-footed mechanical genius. The good news was that he made it to the smoke without being caught.

The bad news was that Mitsuhide and Kaori could no longer see what was happening and had to go by their ears instead if they were going to just stay and listen.
------------------------------------------

Enu can hear the sound of the things following behind him, not closing any distance but falling behind due to his enhanced speed. With a sudden brightness he cleared out of the smokebomb to find himself at the side of the building. Sure enough there was an opening in the wall that lead further into the building with the shattered remains of a paper door strewn about on the ground.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-16, 02:05 PM
Enuferiu

So far so good. The three would appear to be following him, they have so far been unable to hurt him, and he has found a way in. The opening spoke of forced entry, the worst case for this scenario, but nonetheless it would prove useful in dodging the masked ones. Before returning to his pace, he shoves a Kunai into a wooden beam on the wall just outside of the smoke. After a short sprint, he takes out a smokebomb and throws it to the end of the building before heading inside to examine the situation.

All the while, a single, persistent thought runs through his mind.

I should have brought more smoke bombs.

1st round
Throw Explosive Kunai at the edge of the smokescreen, and set to explode next round.
[roll0]
[roll1]; Success; Kunai explodes next turn for 2d8 damage, DC 15 Ref for half
Run to the broken door.

2nd Round
Throw second smoke bomb to the next corner of the building to confuse the three 'guards'.
[roll2]
Run into the building

PhoeKun
2007-06-17, 01:46 AM
Asano Mitsuhide

"Enu-san! Damn it... Kaori-san, please move quickly. We need to get inside immediately."

Mitsuhide seems to hesitate, waiting for his companion to start running first. And then, he surges forward, his body blurring slightly in the vision of anyone watching him.

Nidan Kousoku - 1d20+13 = 32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1106631) Success! 4 chakra spent.

Initiative - 1d20+3 = 5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1106637)

Running straight at the front door. Move speed currently 55. 110 feet covered on a double move, or 220 on a run.

HP - 17/27
Chakra - 9/15
Defense 19 (currently 21)

PokeTheBard
2007-06-18, 02:58 AM
Inosuki Kaori

Kaori sighs and edges closer to the gate after Enuferiu and Mitsuhide, readying the chakra to react.

Callos_DeTerran
2007-06-19, 04:51 PM
Enu's clever ploy seemed to have went off without a hitch, as all present could tell when a small explosion could be heard, the rush of air dispersing most of the first smokebomb and shattering a window or two of Tsuma's house. Two sharp popping noises were heard in the aftermath.

As the smoke began to clear only one of the masked figures remained on it's feet, a burned and smoke smudged looked more then a little dazed and didn't so much as turn to look as Mitsuhide and Kaori went sprinting to the front door. Only at the last second did Kaori notice that the other two had disappeared completely...
-------------------------------------------

Inside the side door Enu was rather surprised to find a functioning smithy that looked as if it had been in use not so long ago. Several tools still lay in the hot coals and were glowing red hot. Two doors exited out of the remarkably clean workplace, one leading towards a large living room that Mitsuhide and Kaori had come busting into.

The other door lead further into the house and was different from the white-walled norm that could be seen from the other rooms. A red smear along one of the hallway's walls and there seemed to be more of a mess in those rooms as well with shattered glass strewn across the floor.

King_of_GRiffins
2007-06-20, 09:56 PM
Enuferiu

Enuferiu slowly walked past the smithy to the hallway, not even attempting to keep quite. After a fight and several explosions, could you really start sneaking around a place?

The state of the work area led to two thoughts; Either what happened happened quickly and bloodlessly, which with the inconsistent style of the broken side door did not seem probable, or the situation was a set up. By who was not immediately apparent, so it was best to stay on guard.

The Genin makes his way into the hallway, motioning to the two coming from the living room to follow him. When he spies the blood, he reaches onto his back and opens up the cloth package he had been carrying. In his hands is a device of two parts; On the far end is a flat, metal pipe a meter long and no wider than a shuriken. Attached to the near end is a wooden stock similar to a crossbow, but lacking the latch and bow. Enu pulls back on the stock at an angle, letting out an ominous crack that resonates from with the thin device as he sets it back in place.

Enuferiu proceeds with the device pointed directly ahead of him the whole time. He moves down the hallway and takes point at every room, eying each of them for anything suspicious. Quickly, he searches the house with this method.

+2 to spot checks. Readying an action at the end of every move to shoot anything hostile. Scouting out the entire building.