PDA

View Full Version : Magical Burst test

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:05 AM
Shadow Shooter starts at Flower Garden (1). Attack/Fury 8, Defense/Magic 6, Support/Heart 4. Resolve 18/18.
Chained Soldier starts at Abyss (5). Attack/Heart 5, Defense/Fury 7, Support/Magic 6. Resolve 18/18.

Shadow Shooter goes first.
She moves to Purgatory (3) using both her Actions.

Chained Soldier moves up to Hades (4) using her Minor Action. Using her Major Action, she uses Get Over Here; she throws a grenade toward Shadow Shooter, and when Shadow Shooter runs past it, she pulls the chain attached to the trigger, exploding it. She takes 1 Defense Overcharge.
CS's Ranged Attack: [roll0]+5
Damage: [roll1]
SS's Defense: [roll2]+6
If die explosions: [roll3]

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:16 AM
Shadow Shooter somersaults as soon as she notices Chained Soldier throwing something. She aims in a split second at the chain. She pulls an invisible arrow, only visible in her shadow. She shoots it at the chain, severing it neatly. She takes 3 Overcharge from her Defense.
Her turn. She moves back to Elysium (2) using her Minor Action. Using her Major Action, she makes a Ranged Attack. She pulls a shadow arrow once again, and shoots it, aiming at her opponent's foot.
SS's Attack: [roll0]+8
CS's Defense: [roll2]+7
Explosion: [roll3]
In case of success, Shadow Shooter uses Inflict (Stunned) and gains one Attack Overcharge.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:24 AM
Shadow Shooter takes 1 Attack Overcharge, even though it fails (not counting Inflict since it failed).
Chained Soldier pulls the chain that was severed. She turns it rapidly above her head. She strikes the invisible arrow, watching carefully the shadow; she's already noticed the trick. Once the shadow arrow is deflected by the chain's own, it disappears into her sleeve. She gains 2 Defense Overcharge.
Her turn. Using her Minor Action, she Teleports to Elysium - Shadow Shooter's position; she throws a grenade near her, it explodes harmlessly, but Chained Soldier magically appears at the explosion's location. She takes 1 Support Overcharge. Using her Major Action, she attacks Shadow Shooter.
Attack: [roll0]+5
Defense: [roll2]+6

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:27 AM
Chained Soldier runs toward Shadow Shooter, swinging a huge chain.
Shadow Shooter manages to jump out of the way, however.
(Guardian and Reflector are active.)

Shadow Shooter tries to leave Elysium and go back to Flower Garden using her Minor Action.
SS's Support: [roll0]+4
CS's Support: [roll1]+6
(At any rate, CS takes 1 Support Overcharge.)

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:48 AM
Chained Soldier throws a chain around Shadow Shooter's ankles to prevent her from leaving.
(Shadow Shooter has 3 Defense/Magic Overcharges, 1 Attack/Fury Overcharge, and 0 Support/Heart Overcharge.
Chained Soldier has 0 Attack/Heart Overcharge, 2 Defense/Fury Overcharge, and 2 Support/Magic Overcharge.)

Shadow Shooter has a Major Action left, and uses it to Hex Chained Soldier; spitefully, she stabs her opponent with one of her invisible arrows, leaving a small, bleeding wound in her shoulder.

(Still not a new round.)
Chained Soldier knows this wound is not going to heal normally. She lashes out verbally at her opponent as a Minor Action. "That won't prevent me from finding your friend and doing what I must."
Dominate: [roll0]+5
(Bonus to challenge first, then SS says what she wants to hear.)
As a Major Action either way, she uses a Life Bomb; chains wrap around her, holding tightly a fragile-looking grenade with a red cross on it against her chest.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:54 AM
(Chained Soldier has 17/18 Resolve.)

Shadow Shooter replies angrily: "So what? I don't care what you do to her! She might be my friend, but I'm not hers! I'll just find another sidekick if something happens to her!"
Then she blushes, realizing she said something she shouldn't have.
She doesn't move, and instead opts to attack.
Attack: [roll0]+8
Defense: [roll2]+7
Explosions: [roll3]

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 11:58 AM
Shadow Shooter tries to aim anywhere but at the grenade. Her arrow flies, avoiding subtly obstacles.
The chains shift at lightning speed, though, and though the arrow pierces Chained Soldier's shoulder, it also breaks open the grenade, bathing her with a soft, healing glow.
(Chained Soldier takes 5 damage, heals 2. Resolve: 15/18.)

Chained Soldier lashes out in turn. "I already knew you were a monster, but thanks for confirming my impressions."
She attacks.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:09 PM
(CS has 1 Attack/Heart Overcharge, SS 4 Defense/Magic Overcharge.)
Chained Soldier pulls two chains out her sleeves, swirls them, and tries to hit Shadow Shooter at the same time with both. But she jumps aside.

(Chained Soldier has 14/18 Resolve.)

Shadow Shooter finds she's actually doing great at this distance. She attacks.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:14 PM
(CS takes 3 Damage. Resolve 11/18. SS has 3 Attack/Fury Overcharge.)
Shadow Shooter steps back. She disappears into the darkness. A "twng" can be heard. Chained Soldier's shadow is afflicted with another projectile, in the back this time.

Chained Soldier attacks, in rage. (She Boosts her attack and takes 2 Attack/Heart Overcharge. 1 Boost left. If it succeeds, she uses Reflector too.)
Attack: [roll0]+7
Damage: [roll1]+2

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:24 PM
(CS has 3 Heart/Attack Overcharge. Resolve: 10/18.
SS's Resolve is at 13/18. Reflector is active.)

Chained Soldier swiftly pulls the chain that's still around Shadow Soldier's feet. With unimaginable strength for a girl like her, she yanks her opponent into a wall. Then, she throws her violently into the ground. Finally, she pulls she chain back toward her to put it back into her sleeve. But before it disappear, she kicks Shadow Shooter as she's dragged toward her.

Shadow Shooter stands up and wipes some blood from her mouth.
She Disengages using her Major Action, and goes back to Flower Garden (1). Using her Minor Action, she puts another Hex: like the previous Hexing arrow, this one has an intricate and painful-looking tip.

(CS is now afflicted by two Hexes.)

Chained Soldier attacks without moving.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:26 PM
(CS's Resolve: 8/18.)
Chained Soldier throws another grenade, this time relying on good timing to time the explosion. Alas, her aim is off, and Shadow Shooter avoids the attack.

Shadow Shooter attacks.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:29 PM
There's a lot of debris, but once shot, the arrow slithers around their shadows' with ease.
Which doesn't prevent Chained Soldier from whacking away the projectile once more.

Chained Soldier uses her Major Action for Get Over Here.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:31 PM
Mimicking Shadow Shooter's strategy, one of Chained Soldier's chain slither in return, fast as lightning, to attack the opponent like a snake.
Shadow Shooter, even faster, pins it to the ground.

(CS has 6/18 Resolve.)

Shadow Shooter attacks without moving.

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:43 PM
(SS has 6 Fury/Attack Overcharge.
She does 11 damage; even with Deflector, she survives with 5/18 Resolve, but not CS.)
A malicious sparkle appears in Shadow Shooter's eyes. She pulls her opponent's chain (who, savvy, doesn't hang to it) to use it as an improvised weapon. Then, she throws it near Chained Soldier with some apparent clumsiness, appearing not to touch her at all. However, the chain's shadow is now wrapped around the arrows; she yanks them back, all at once, aggravating greatly Chained Soldier's wound on their way out. (That is why you don't just pull out arrows like that, folks.)
However, she also feels a yank; when she turns back, Shadow Shooter realizes a small spiked chain wrapped around her ankle. It comes from her own shadow, and travels back to Chained Soldier through her own, guaranteeing she'd get hurt too.
Yet, only one is still standing, and that is Shadow Shooter. Chained Soldier has reverted back to her human form.
Shadow Shooter calmly gets the Reflector chain off by shaking her foot. "If I see you near my sidekick, I'll kill you."
She walks away.

Battle done! Okay, I see how it works now. (Knight definitely works better in a team. Or maybe it's just the choice in powers that sucks?)
Just for fun, now:
Shadow Shooter's Fury (6): [roll0]
Shadow Shooter's Magic (4): [roll1]
Chained Soldier's Fury (2): [roll2]
Chained Soldier's Heart (3): [roll3]
Chained Soldier's Magic (2): [roll4]

Mono Vertigo
2014-06-08, 12:51 PM
Chained Soldier only causes Minor Distortions (whoa, triple 21, what the hell). In this case, she causes large groups of animal to congregate nearby for no apparent reason, she gives someone a lingering hug (she needs the hug, honestly, after having her ass kicked like that!), and then dunks someone in water, possibly the same person (ahahahah oh dear).
Shadow Shooter causes a Major Distortion (objects floating in mid-air, that's definitely going on Youtube) and temporarily gains the Dead Eye Change (that won't help with aiming her shots).