PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Advices for Artificer

Chelios
2014-06-08, 11:50 AM
I need some advices fo a warfirged( or human, i can t decide) artificer. I'm the main-caster of the group. So i must support/buff my friends. Some advices? We are starting from 1 LV and we have 32 pints.

SliceandDiceKid
2014-06-08, 11:55 AM
I need some advices fo a warfirged( or human, i can t decide) artificer. I'm the main-caster of the group. So i must support/buff my friends. Some advices? We are starting from 1 LV and we have 32 pints.

Warforged is awesome if you want to craft at night while people sleep. If time for crafting/scribing scrolls isn't an assue, human, hands down. Grab 16+ int, 14+cha (if human), 14+ con, the rest as you see fit. Jack up UMD, decipher script and spellcraft to 5 for the +4 synergy bonus. Grab the artisan feat that cuts gold crafting costs to 75%. Make yourself a UMD item ASAP. Then make scrolls for any situation.

Chelios
2014-06-08, 12:01 PM
Warforged is awesome if you want to craft at night while people sleep. If time for crafting/scribing scrolls isn't an assue, human, hands down. Grab 16+ int, 14+cha (if human), 14+ con, the rest as you see fit. Jack up UMD, decipher script and spellcraft to 5 for the +4 synergy bonus. Grab the artisan feat that cuts gold crafting costs to 75%. Make yourself a UMD item ASAP. Then make scrolls for any situation.

Ok thank you a lot, so i must just picking feats for item creation? With some metamagic feats?

SliceandDiceKid
2014-06-08, 12:06 PM
Ok thank you a lot, so i must just picking feats for item creation? With some metamagic feats?

I would personally only bother with the gold cost reduction item creation feat. Grab metamagics for wands at middle levels. You get a TON of bonus feats.

If you make the items skill required and alignment restricted, then pay XP costs as gold, you only spend 34.5% of market value to create items. (With the artisan feat)

Healing belts are going to be one of your best investments.

Chelios
2014-06-08, 12:11 PM
I would personally only bother with the gold cost reduction item creation feat. Grab metamagics for wands at middle levels. You get a TON of bonus feats.

If you make the items skill required and alignment restricted, then pay XP costs as gold, you only spend 34.5% of market value to create items. (With the artisan feat)

Healing belts are going to be one of your best investments.

Ok thank you again. Last question. Foir skills i max UMD, i put 5 ranks in spellcrfat for sinergy with UMD. And for crafts skills, what can i pick?

SliceandDiceKid
2014-06-08, 01:03 PM
Idk... I chose a craft skill to make homunculi to craft other things for me.