PDA

View Full Version : Hobgoblin torturer - mulltiple attacks

ramrod
2014-06-08, 02:25 PM
Hey guys,

In the process of populating the last parts of the upper levels of my campaign and I have two torturers. One I have already specced out, with some pretty abusive stuff that enables him to get three hits in per attack (using trip attacks and spells) on a spiked chain that trips, hits and then dazes them whilst hitting for 1 con damage per hit.

The second guy though I want to use a different weapon, but his will be a merciful, vicious weapon (+2D6 per hit but 1D6 to wielder, but all non lethal damage). Just looking for some suggestions on how to get multiple hits in with him. I want him to be ridiculously over zealous, he will end up knocking himself out from his own weapon in his fervor (if he isn't killed first). Other than having a high enough BAB do you have any suggestions for a weapon or feat set that will enable him to be able to swing like a nutter? Preferably something that is themed with the psycho nutcase torturer ethic... His class has not been decided so that can be played with if necessary. Looking at about a level 7 mob.

BTW - if anyone says anything about the above not being possible. I'm the DM... anything is possible :P

Rebel7284
2014-06-08, 02:31 PM
Whirling Frenzy barbarian gives one extra attack while raging.

ramrod
2014-06-08, 02:41 PM
I was thinking barbarian... with a bit of reskinning, the rage fits in with the class type...

ramrod
2014-06-08, 03:16 PM
Gone with the barbarian, both have shared pain active (shield other) as well to boot :P

Eonas
2014-06-08, 03:41 PM
Book of Vile Darkness has a list of torture equipment, incidentally.

And a lot of very torture-y spells - like Sadism and Angry Ache! As a thought exercise, I wonder if you could add in 3 levels of Ur Priest (hardly game-breaking, unlike many 10-level Ur builds) Persist Sadism and whatever else you like, and walk around becoming more powerful with every hit you land. Add in Shock Trooper and Leap Attack for bonus shenanigans.