PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Is Knight 3 worth it on a Setting Sun swordsage?

SecretFlyer
2014-06-09, 12:12 AM
I'm working on a Swordsage build focusing on the various Setting Sun throws, with a secondary focus on Diamond Mind and a little bit of Shadow Hand thrown in.

I'm looking at the Step of the Wind stance (ignore difficult terrain, and get +2 to hit and +4 to trip/bull rush an enemy in difficult terrain). Is it worth it to take three levels of Knight to get aotomatic difficult terrain everywhere I threaten? Other than that, I won't really get anything else from those levels apart from high BAB and a d10 hit die, because my Cha is about the dumpiest of dump stats.

Giddonihah
2014-06-09, 12:20 AM
I doubt its worth it, perhaps anouther player or cohort doing it would be better.. or a spell that causes difficult terrain.

avr
2014-06-09, 12:36 AM
3 levels is a bit much for a dip IMO. Maybe do it the other way as a knight with a swordsage dip? Or get difficult terrain via Earth Devotion or a spell (ideally cast by someone/thing else) as Gid' suggested.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-06-09, 12:53 AM
You can loose up to 6 IL as a swordsage and still get 9th level maneuvers, so a 3 level dip isn't bad. Personally I would also add an strategic Crusader dip to nab Thicket of bladed and White Raven.

HammeredWharf
2014-06-09, 01:33 AM
It's better on a crusader, but a +4 to trip attempts is very valuable for a tripper, because you don't have a lot of ways to get that bonus. Take a 1 lvl dip in another class to round it up.

Gwendol
2014-06-09, 03:37 AM
Go Knight 4. Your initiator level will go up one, and you gain both Test of Mettle and Medium armor Mastery (full speed in medium armor).

NoACWarrior
2014-06-09, 05:33 AM
From what I remember thicket is only adjacent to you. Bulwark from knight 3 is anywhere you threaten. But the 3 level dip is bad at low levels. At higher levels it may not make a huge difference.