PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled What Is the Stickverse Date?

Darth Paul
2014-06-09, 01:28 AM
I need someone smarter or more obsessive than I am to help out on this one.

In view of the Oracle's prophecy (you know which one), it is important to know what the date is in the Stick 'verse year. How do we pin it down? I know we had New Year in Azure City, but what date was that relative to the North, and how long has passed since then anyway? (I remember the 3 and 1/2 month hiatus Roy took too, but that just makes the starting point that much more important...) Has the Giant declared that the year is identical to our own? What other factors enter into the equation?

How fast is time running out?!

Gift Jeraff
2014-06-09, 02:07 AM
It is indeed a 365 day year like ours. We don't have exact dates but IIRC there are about 4-5 weeks left in the Southern year (which is what the Oracle was going by).

Jaxzan Proditor
2014-06-09, 05:43 AM
We don't know exactly when the end of the year is, but it is within a few weeks. Belkar will die sometime before then. I imagine he has plenty of time, given how long time passes in the comic. He may even survive to the end.

MLMII
2014-06-09, 01:07 PM
My money is still that he makes it to the climatic battle before his fate catches up to him, it just makes sense from a storytelling perspective. (I still hope that he "bites" it while fighting Durkula, but that's more wishful thinking then anything concrete.)