PDA

View Full Version : Playing an Inspired

kardar233
2014-06-09, 10:02 PM
Ever since I read the Eberron Campaign Setting, I've always wanted to play an Inspired. Something about the idea of a character who is so thoroughly indoctrinated into the Riedran philosophy that they will literally let a Quori possess them and help them in doing so seems like it has all sorts of RP potential.

However, the Inspired are problematic from both an RP and a gaming perspective. The Empty Vessel is a playable race (though rather weak for LA +1) but being Inspired means you get all those Quori SLAs, skill points and mental stats, which (depending on the possessing Quori) can be quite significant. Furthermore, there's plenty of RP problems to be had with a character who spends a significant part of their life possessed by an alien dream-spirit.

So if you were starting an Eberron game and someone came up to you an said "I really want to play an Inspired", how would you accommodate that?

Gildedragon
2014-06-09, 10:06 PM
Empty Vessel or neo-Kalashtar

The quori are odd with their dreamtime cabals and scheming... which makes a full quori problematic

but a rogue and hurt quori, inhabiting a particular vessel, keeping away from the other quori... power level ends up being something like a Kalashtar, maybe with a couple of more psi abilities (perhaps as athasian human) and the dual mind ability.

Vortenger
2014-06-10, 11:03 AM
Could be an Elan...

Eberron handles the Elan race by saying that banished quori are bound to a mortal vessel, granting it their immortality, but sealed to be an observer until its host dies. Playing as an elan gives you all the 'I have a dream daemon inside me' thing without all the hairy complications.