PDA

View Full Version : Saurous' Guild of the Magical Arts and Psionics II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Saurous
2007-02-21, 03:38 PM
Saurous' Guild of the Magical Arts

Exterior: The Guild's grounds are surrounded by tall, black walls of stone. A large gate rests in the front of the walls, and a sign sways in the breeze next to it. The sign reads:

Those of the Psychic, Magical, or otherworldly persuasion, inquire within to join the Guild.

Now searching for those that fit the requirements to be Head of Conjuration, Head of Abjuration, and Head of Psionics.

Enchantments and magical training is open to the general public.

Upon entering the gates, one is confronted by several buildings. Near the center, rests a large, rectangular, castle-like building made from dark grey stone. This is the Guild Hall. To the right of the Guild Hall, near the back, rests a huge building constructed from black metal and stone. This is the Item Archives, better known as the Museum. Directly behind the Guild Hall rests an extremely tall tower that seeming breaks the laws of construction and physics. The building is much wider near he top that it is at the bottom. This is the Arch-Mage's Tower. Arranged around the Guild Hall in a semi-circle are three smaller towers. The one on the furthest left is the Scrying tower. In the middle (Behind the arch-mage tower) is the Defense tower. The furthest to the right is the Teleportation tower.

Interior (Guild hall): Upon walking into the main guildhall, one would see several constructs, undead, and other creatures skittering around. The interior is constructed of fine dark wood. A desk rests in the corner, constructed of finely carved stone. A computer and several books rest atop the desk. If one were to turn right and enter the door there, one would come to a long hallway of more doorways and rooms. The mage quarters.

If one were to do the same only on the left, one would enter a room filled with spellbooks, computers, and various desks. Various mages sit at the desks, experimenting with magic or reading through a book. This is the research center.

If one were to go straight down the hallway parallel to the front door, one would come to two doors. Both doors lead to libraries, filled to the brim with various books. If one were to continue down this hallway, one would come to a stairway that leads in three different directions. If one were to go up it and turn left, you would come to several open doors and rooms. The various alchemical, necromantic, conjuration, and enchantment labs.

If one were to do the same, only going to the right, you would come to a long hallway of doors with various runes etched on the front. Such as "Necromancy", "Conjuration, "Evocation", "Enchantment", etc. These are the classrooms.

If one went straight up the stairs, one would come to the entrance to the Arch-Mages tower.

Maps:
Coming Soon!

Members:
{table="head"]Member Name|Class|Rank
Saurous|Wizard (Necromancer)/Assasin|Arch-Mage/Head of Necromancy
Rex|Wizard (Diviner)|Head of Divination
Mauril|Wizard (Scholomancer)|Head of Transmutation. Sub-Teacher of Evocation
Pelgof (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1828310#post1828310)|Spellcaster of Ratinas|Head of Illusions
Deigrian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=6522)|Sorcerer/Psion|Head of Enchantment
Chance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=20723)|Sorcerer|Head of Arcane weaponry
Caleb|Psionic Warrior|Psion
Castaras|Wizard|Magister
Feire|Alchemist/Animator|Head of Alchemy
Aakor|Mixture of several classes
Markan|Eldritch Theurge|Magister
Karathis|Abjurer|Head of Abjuration
[/table]

Random Personel:

{table="head"]Names|Description
Retriever|An all-around assistant, Retriever the Retriever (Orignial name, ain't it?) is very intelligent for his kind

Apprentices|Various young dark mages, they appear now and then. They aren't the most intelligent denizens of the guild hall, but they can be helpful sometimes.

Undead Minions|The main workforce, the zombies usually appear when alot of physical work is required. Second in strength only to Retriever.[/table]

Note: If you already have a character in the guild, you may only have one other alt in the guild also.

Castaras
2007-02-21, 03:40 PM
Castaras closes the book, and takes down a book on magical sources. She opens it and begins scimming over it.

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 03:42 PM
Chance wakes up.

Whoa. Something feels very different...

He shrugs, and presumes the defensive mechanisms are turned off, and stands.

He goes and picks up a book on Transmutation.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 03:44 PM
Pelgof watches more illusion-plagued apprentices run past, chased by what seems to be somekind of dire elephant.

((If Castaras can't use magic any more, is she still entitled to be a part of the guild? -P ))

Castaras
2007-02-21, 03:47 PM
(( I was just wondering that... ))

She hits the table hard, fists clenched. She throws the book at one of the bookshelves, and storms out of the guild.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 03:48 PM
Pelgof gets up, and picks up the book.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 03:49 PM
((....and I suppose it is up to me to decide. I hate decisions.))

Saurous walks in from the defense tower, yawning. He sees Castaras stomp out. He walks over to Pelgof.

Great, what did I miss now?

Castaras
2007-02-21, 03:51 PM
Undamaged. Opens up on a page about artefact effects. One part talks about destruction of major artefacts taking magic from someone permanently.

If this rare case occurs, without intervention of a major god, the magical abilities are gone forever. Mortal magic can't restore this at all.

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 03:52 PM
((Put it up to a vote!))

Chance puts his book back on the shelf.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure. It seems that after Castaras destroyed Lolth's soulburner, she was no longer able to use magic. And then she got a couple of death threats, and her 'friend' turned up and ... died.

He shudders slightly, as if remembering an awkward memory.

But I don't know why she'd storm off like that. Perhaps something todo with this.

He shows Saurous the page.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 04:02 PM
Saurous looks over the page, and then frowns.

I don't suppose we know any clerics? I do not believe I can be of assistance, unless Castaras wants a god such as Tharizdun or (less likely) Nerull granting her magic back. Besides, I'm sure her player has some plot planned to regain her magical abilities.

The fourth wall groans, as if Saurous did that on purpose. Saurous grins innocently.

...And I can barely contact any gods. I am no cleric or priest. Or even a pilgrim.

Castaras
2007-02-21, 04:05 PM
(( Nope, no plot planned to get magic back planned. Nothing much planned except the waiting game... ))

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 04:05 PM
((Then we must create one!))

I could be able to contact Bahamut, but I'm no cleric either.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 04:06 PM
Anyway, I'm going out for a bit.

He puts the book on a shelf, and leaves.

((Now you've only got one member, Helen could join))

Castaras
2007-02-21, 04:08 PM
(( She's got a different plot set up ))

Fus reappears and takes down a book off the shelf.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 05:05 PM
Ctrazt shuffles on his bed, and then rolls off. He groans as he stands up, and heads for the door.

I wonder if a drink at Trog's while help my head...

He exits the entrance hall.

A few minutes later, Saurous enters the research lab. He sits down at a computer and pulls out his notes. He begins typing.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 05:33 PM
Pelgof walks in, rubbing his head. He goes to his box.

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 05:33 PM
Chance finally begins moving again, wonders what Saurous is typing, realizes he probably shouldn't know, but asks anyways.

May I ask what you are doing?

Saurous
2007-02-21, 05:37 PM
I'd prefer if you didn't. But if you must know, I'm working on a theory about Redrise and Ala'rma. I'm also working on my book on Necromancy.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 05:38 PM
Pelgof walks back in.

So there's a link between Ala'rma and Redrise?

Saurous
2007-02-21, 05:39 PM
Maybe, maybe not. That's why it's called a "theory".

He clicks a few things, and then continues typing, shuffling a few of his notes around.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 05:40 PM
What's this 'theory', then?

Saurous
2007-02-21, 05:45 PM
We know that Erythnul is the god that wants to take over Redrise. He is also my father's- and Geresh's, apparently- deity. The theory states that since Erythnul turned Reh'san and Geresh to the dark side (No jokes please), who were two key defenders of Ala'rma, I believe he may have assisted in the downfall of Ala'rma, either being the deity of the necromancers or as some outside force.

Xaspian
2007-02-21, 05:51 PM
Interesting. But what would that mean? Would it matter for when we return?

Saurous
2007-02-21, 05:57 PM
Well, it could mean that Erythnul could be connected to even more things that we wouldn't even think of. Also, it's good to know the things that has caused events in your past, and knowing that there is a possiblity in the future that it may happen again.

((*wink wink, nudge nudge, plot plot*))

Seeing that Pelgof's player is off doing other things, Saurous puts his notes away, saves the document he was working on, and then heads up towards the labs. He pushes the door open to a necromancy lab.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 07:33 PM
Rizzen wakes up in the corner and notices a hole in his side.
Gah! They took my freakin' kidney!
((cookie cake for the reference...))
After a little more inspection he notes that he still has his kidney and simply has a dagger wound. He then looks around wondering how the hell he got here.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:08 PM
Ctrazt pushes the door open to the guild hall. He walks towards the mage quarters. A tumbleweed manifests behind him for no particular reason.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:26 PM
Jack appears right outside the guild and goes inside, looking about curiously.

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 08:28 PM
Chance walks over to Jack.

Can I help you?

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 08:28 PM
Rizzen suddenly wonders why he's suddenly here wondering why he's here. He gets slightly confused by this and walks out, clutching his side and waving at Jack.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:29 PM
A massive, black form appears in front of Jack. It reaches for a bag on it's back, pulling out a small, grey gem, crushing it between it's claw. It then leans down towards Jack, and opens it's clawed mouth.

Hello.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:31 PM
Jack nods to Chance and to the monstrous creature. Good day. This is a mage's guild, is it not?

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:32 PM
Yes, it is. Are you just looking, or are you planning to join? If you want to join, Saurous, the guildmaster, will be down in a minute.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:34 PM
Ah, both, actually. I was wondering what different magics were practiced here... hoping to find some new magic to learn.

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 08:36 PM
Most of it is fairly standard, exept for Pelgof, Mauril, and Chessmaster, who practice Ratinas, Scolomancy, and Fatespinning respectivly. Not sure about willingness to teach though.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:39 PM
There's also a necromancer who is both the Arch-mage and practicioner of not only necromancy.

Saurous suddenly walks out of the main hallway and into the entrance hall.

Meynolds
2007-02-21, 08:40 PM
Very true, but how unique is that? Most Necromancers need skills in other areas as well.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:42 PM
I meant other than the basic schools, but you get the idea.

Saurous frowns somewhat, and then smirks sarcastically.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:44 PM
Jack shakes his head. I believe most of those you have named are specializations of different magics that I cannot obtain at the moment... I am a novice at magic, at best... well... in a way.

Chaotic Bob
2007-02-21, 08:45 PM
Chaotic Bob appears with a small 'pop'.
Aha, people are actually present this time.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:47 PM
Saurous looks at Jack.

Ah, then I welcome you to the Guild of the Magical Arts and Psionics, better known as the Mages Guild.

((Also, I need to be leaving in about....3 minutes))

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:48 PM
From what you have said... what of divine magic? Is it represented here?

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:49 PM
Not quite as much as arcane magic, but is represented by most mages here in some way.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:50 PM
Jack nods. Well then, I'll see if I can find someone or something to learn from... I'm Jack.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:53 PM
And I am Saurous. The black thing, if you were wondering, is a Retriever. He doesn't actually have a name, but is usually just refered to as Retriever, since he is the only one around here.

He also hands Jack a bit of parchment.

Just put anything like specialties, magical or psionic abilities, and anything else, and you shall be a member of the guild.

He then heads toward the library.

((And, good night to you all))

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 08:54 PM
Jack looks down at the parchment with dismay after hearing his instructions. Um... I'll need more than this.

Saurous
2007-02-21, 08:55 PM
A small pile of parchment appears next to Jack's foot.

AmberVael
2007-02-21, 09:10 PM
Jack looks down at the paper ruefully. I'll probably need it... He sits down and begins writing.[hr]After a time he finishes, having taken up about five sheets worth of notes about his magic. He then looks for someone to give the sheet to.
((To save space, put him down as an Omnimancer. Suffice to say, he has these classes:
He has one level in each of these classes: Adept, Archivest, Artificer, Bard, Beguiler, Binder, Cleric, Dragon Shaman, Dread Necromancer, Druid, Duskblade, Favored Soul, Healer, Hexblade, Shadowcaster, Sha'ir, Shugenja, Spelltheif, Spirit Shaman, Sorcerer, Truenamer, Warlock, Warmage, Wizard, Wu Jen.
And five levels of "Omnimancer" which is an epic class that increases the effective level of each spellcasting type he has by one for each level. Its cool, but only has five levels and you have to have ALOT of spellcasting classes. Homebrew.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-02-22, 02:12 AM
Regina enters the building, bitter and angry as always, and promptly heads up the stairs, unless someone tries to stop her.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:27 AM
Pelgof walks around the Guild for a bit.

((He's willing to try to teach people, if they want))

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 09:38 AM
Jack yawns and heads over to the library, looking for something new.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:41 AM
Pelgof creates an illusion of a panicing apprentice, apparently fleeing from some unseen threat. As the illusion passes groups of real apprentices, they also begin to panic.

He chuckles.
Gets them every time.

AmberVael
2007-02-22, 09:45 AM
Jack watches the illusion go past, not reacting at all. He looks back down at his book, which talks about some "occult" art that none should ever practice. He sighs as he realizes it is talking about Pact magic.
Damned ignorant fools.
He puts the book away and looks for another.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 10:48 AM
Castaras walks in and heads for her room, closing the door behind her.

--------

She walks out a while later, crossbow in hand, sword strapped to her belt. She leaves the guild again.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 12:59 PM
Pelgof leaves.

CLouD2002
2007-02-22, 01:07 PM
*Caleb walks out of his room after being in there for 3 days without coming out he yawns and scans the area*

Castaras
2007-02-22, 01:13 PM
Fus closes his book and looks up.

You woke up? Gosh.

CLouD2002
2007-02-22, 01:21 PM
*Caleb looks at Fus and tires to hold back a laugh. He stilfes it a bit* Ye-ah *He stammers and trys to compose himself* I was fasting and meditating on current events

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 01:28 PM
Pelgof walks in.

He sits down in the library.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 01:37 PM
Fus looks suspiciously at Caleb, before looking back at his book.

-------

Castaras walks in, and heads straight for her room. She picks up her journal, and opens it, reading.

CLouD2002
2007-02-22, 01:57 PM
*Caleb looks at Castaras and watches her go stright to her room* What is up with her?

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 01:58 PM
I think she just needs some time alone to think things through.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 02:05 PM
Castaras turns a page, thinking hard.

Fus closes his book.

Where did that book come from again?

He begins searching the shelves for a book.

CLouD2002
2007-02-22, 02:13 PM
*Caleb nods. Caleb chuckles as he looks at Fus. He looks to his door to see if he can see if Fus took down the "poster"*

Castaras
2007-02-22, 02:16 PM
The images are still there. Castaras comes out of her room holding her journal. She heads into the library and begins searching for a book.

Fus sees Caleb looking and creates an illusion in front of him, a picture of Castaras with pink hair, no eyes, and snake arms.

Don't you dare, mr. big guy. This bracelet didn't stop me from doing this to her, the same will happen to you if you make one comment related to the stuff on the door.

Meynolds
2007-02-22, 02:19 PM
Chessmaster walks over to Fus.

I'd like to point out she might really poison you then...

Castaras
2007-02-22, 02:28 PM
Fus ignores chessmaster.

Castaras finds her book and sits down, beginning to read.

-----

Fus finds another book, and opens it, reading.

Castaras closes her book, looks over to the other four people, walks out of the guild, carrying her journal, leaving the other book behind.

Saurous
2007-02-22, 03:46 PM
Saurous walks down from the upper levels, looking over his spellbook. He yawns. A few minutes later, a massive, decrepit creature walks down behind him. It seems ragged yet sturdy, and appears to be made out of wood and plants. A glow comes from it, giving off heat. The wood it is made from appears to be dead and burnt. He walks into the library with the creature following behind.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 03:47 PM
Castaras appears, a crystal melting away in her hand. She sighs, heading into the library.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 03:48 PM
Pelgof looks up.

What's up?

Castaras
2007-02-22, 03:53 PM
She collapses into a seat.

I saw one of the claws of the webmistress. He didn't say anything though. I'm seriously worried...

Saurous
2007-02-22, 03:54 PM
Saurous flips a few pages in his book.

Nothing much. I figured out how to bring dead plants back to life.

He gestures toward the massive charrred-tree thing. He stifles a laugh as the rug underneath it ignites and a pair of apprentices runs over with fire extinguishers.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 04:01 PM
Pelgof glances at the undead plant
Nifty.

He turns to Castaras.

Nothing? That doesn't sound right. Why would he ignore you?

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:02 PM
Oh, he didn't ignore me. He just said nothing, and sat glaring at me.

She fiddles with her crossbow.

What I would give for knowing what was going to happen...

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 04:05 PM
No one knows what will happen. Where would the fun be in that? We just need to be on our guard, and prepared for when something does happen.

Saurous
2007-02-22, 04:07 PM
Saurous slides his spellbook back into it's place in his bag of holding.

Exactly. And if anything tries to enter this guild, or attempt to harm you, they will have to go through several others to do so.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:15 PM
Castaras smiles slightly, and opens her journal.

I'm glad of that.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 04:21 PM
Although this is all your own fault

Pelgof quickly coughs, as if to try to mask this previous, mumbled, statement.

He sits down and reads the nearest book.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:23 PM
Castaras looks at Pelgof.

What do you mean by that?

Saurous
2007-02-22, 04:25 PM
The Pipes of Pain appear in Saurous' hands. He fiddles with them for a few moments, and then blows into them. He actually plays them correctly this time, and they release a haunting string of notes.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 04:25 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean it. I assure you that I wil help you in any way possible.

He hesitates.

For the next few days, I may occaisionally act a little oddly. But it always passes quickly. Don't worry about it.

He decides it's probably not a good idea to follow the urge to hum along.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:30 PM
Ok...

Castaras takes out her crossbow and shoots at a spider. It misses, the spider running out of the door. She listens to the pipes quietly.

Saurous
2007-02-22, 04:38 PM
Saurous continues playing for a few minutes, and then the pipes slowly quiet. The only noise in the room is the soft crackling of the Charred Horror (Burning undead tree thing). Anyone that focused on the pipes may notices that a surge of pain greets them every time they hear a sound.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:39 PM
Castaras cringes slightly, but not much.

Nice toy.

Saurous
2007-02-22, 04:41 PM
Meh, it's just a trinket I found. It's not very useful, except at being a nuisance.

The pipes disapear, and Saurous moves on to reading a book off the shelf behind him.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 04:42 PM
Might I ask what use a burning tree-zombie might be?

((Must ... resist... saying that Saurous doesn't need the pipes...))

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:43 PM
Hmm.

She turns back to her journal.

I find pain a useful weapon, if strong enough.

A drow appears outside. Castaras gets up, shoots a bolt at it through a window, and turns and sits down again, ignoring the screams of pain.

(( Shame on you. You made me laugh. ))

Saurous
2007-02-22, 04:47 PM
It is quite useful at distractions and fighting. It is immune to flames, as you can plainly see. It also makes quite the topic at parties. Especially when it lights your house on fire.

He frowns as he sees the same two apprentices trying to put the tree-beast out. He walks over, sliding a large, non-flammable metal plate underneath the Charred Horror.

Castaras
2007-02-22, 04:50 PM
Castaras smiles slightly, picks up her journal, and heads to her room to go to sleep, a lot of things on her mind.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 04:52 PM
(^^^ I aim to please. -P))

Fair enough.

He watches Saurous, half-reading his book.

Saurous
2007-02-22, 06:02 PM
Saurous sends the tree-beast into one of the now-existant NPC quarters. The non-flamable one. Saurous sits down at a table, pulling out a book on dark gods.

Ctrazt exits his room, heading towards an Enchantment lab.

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 08:48 PM
Feire walks in And Asks " Can anyone show me where to attend the magic for begineers class?"

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 08:56 PM
Pelgof walks in.

Probably around here somewhere. It's quite disorganised here. What particular style of magic are you interested in?

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:01 PM
Not sure yet, Though I would like to be able to enchant objects, like say a chair. Perhaps A class to magical objects and artifacts?

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:04 PM
If you wish, I could attempt to train you in magic. Although, my style is rather unconventional, and you may prefer to go with other members of the Guild. I currently specialise in illusions, although I did spend a great dealof time working with enchantments, once, and so have some expertise in the field.

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:07 PM
I am honoured to learn from such a master. I except *bows head*

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:10 PM
Pelgof sighs, wondering what he's let himself in for.

I wouldn't say 'master'.

He thinks for a moment.

When would you like to begin?

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:11 PM
Now is good Oh great and honurble one*smiles*

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:13 PM
Hmmm. Come in here, and we'll see what we can do.

He throws a pair of apprentices out of a classroom, and indicates for Fiere to enter.

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:17 PM
Fiere enter pokes his head around the room and asks If you have the free time to train anyone who steps in here why don't you organize a bit?

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:24 PM
Hey, I'm not in charge here. Mostly, we just practise spells on the generic apprectices. Of course, if you show magical talent, you'll need to either join the guild, or pay me. First lesson's free, but after that...

He trails off.

Anyway. Shall we begin?

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:32 PM
Please do begin.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:37 PM
Pelgof begins.

The type of magic I use is slightly different to that whih you might have experienced. Spells are learnt in one of three ways. Through learning, through logic, and through intuition. Each person who has the ability can use these in different amounts.

The next thing is the elements. This type of magic is derived from different elemental energies, and allows the mage to manipulate the respective element. The major elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water are generally well known. But spawned from these are elements of ice, darkness, time, spirit, death, lightening and several others. Many mages find they have an affinity with one or more elements, being able to draw power from them more easily than with other. I, for example, favour shadows.

But ultimately, the ability to wield magic lies in the power of the human mind. Magic is not an essential component of the world, and life continues without it. Wielded magic for mages is the energy of the imagination: most are unable to extend this energy beyond their own minds, but those with the Gift may master it. Hard work, deep thought and emotional learning deepen a mage's power, but are limited by the extent to which they are born Gifted. Knowledge, Logic and Intuition are all different aspects of human thought, but without the fundmental Gift none of these are of any real value.

He pauses.

Got all that?

((The last paragrah of the speech was taken from a friend's description, and I take no credit for it. Well, not much.))

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:42 PM
Yes I did . you will find I soak in that kind of stuff.

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:47 PM
Good. Now... let's have a go, shall we?

He waves his hand, and a series of equipment appears in the room. A glowing candle, a small bowl of water, a parchment, and a pile of dirt.

As you see, the four basic elements. I want to to attempt to manipulate one of them. Whichever you want. Without training, it is unlikely that you will produce any major effects, but we shall see.

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:50 PM
Fiere studies they materials before him and saysI think I will choose fire. Feire closes his eyes and apperars to be very concentrated

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:51 PM
((Does he have any magical capability at all? If so, which of the three mentioned? Knowledge, Logic or Intuition?))

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 09:53 PM
(( Sorry I didn't mention he has Inuition))

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 09:59 PM
((Of course he does. All PCs do. =P))

The flame lights up, and burns brightly for a moment, before fading again.

Well done. Most end up with no result for that test, the first time.

He hesitates, unsure what to say.

I'll tell you what. Let's call it a day for this session. We can try some more advanced stuff next time.

He waves, and the equipment disappears.

Copacetic
2007-02-22, 10:02 PM
Sure thank you for teaching me.
Feire walks out of magical guild for mages

Xaspian
2007-02-22, 10:04 PM
Pelgof watches him go.

Let's just hope he's as good as the last one.

He chuckles to himself, and goes to his Box.

Castaras
2007-02-23, 10:47 AM
Fus looks up from his book, and disappears, leaving the book behind.

-------

He comes back a little later, and opens the book and carries on reading.

-------

Castaras comes out of her room. Fus looks up and grins.

Hello Pink-Haired one.

Shut up.

She sits down, holding her head.

Still feeling rough? Shame. Hoped you'd be dead by now.

Shut up.

It's a free country, I can do what I want.

Shut up.

I'm not going to bow and scrape my forelocks. I'll talk all I want.

Shut up.

Broken record eh?

Castaras stands up and smacks him hard.

Ow...

Bastard. Shut up and get lost.

Why should I?

Fus falls off his chair as Castaras slaps him again.

I may not have my magic, but I have a reasonable strength score. Get lost wall.

The fourth wall grumbles and proceeds to ignore the two.

Well well well, the cute slave girl is showing fangs...

SHUT UP!

Fus disappears as Castaras stands and swings into empty space. She collapses into a chair, and sits there, staring into space.

------

She stands up and heads out of the guild.

Castaras
2007-02-23, 02:35 PM
Castaras returns and carefully opens her journal. She pages through it, and hears a commotion from a group of apprentices. She stands up, leaving her open journal on the table. She sorts it out and heads for her room, tired. She shuts the door behind her. She comes out a while later and heads out of the door. She pauses outside, then decides to stay. She finds her journal again and carries on writing.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 04:51 PM
Saurous enters the library, heading towards the areas documenting monsters. He pulls down a book titled Undeath, The Concept and Creatures. He opens the book, mutters a "Good afternoon" to Castaras, and then heads towards the research lab.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 05:28 PM
Feire walks into the guild and says I am looking for a certain "pelgof". anyone know were he is at?

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 05:34 PM
Jack hears Feire but doesn't look up from his back since he has nothing to say.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 06:04 PM
Saurous walks out of the research lab, shuffling through his notes. He looks up at Feire.

He's most likely sleeping or doing something that is making him busy. What do you need him for?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 06:31 PM
Oh I was just looking for a lesson or so with him. who are you?

Saurous
2007-02-23, 06:37 PM
I'm Saurous. Arch-Mage of the guild and Necromancer supreme.

He places his notes on the entrance desk.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 06:57 PM
Oh. well hi then. Do you have the time to teach me magic then?

Saurous
2007-02-23, 06:58 PM
Um...sure. What do you need to know?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:07 PM
Can I take a crash course in enchantments and animation? mabye something to do with artifacts?

Saurous
2007-02-23, 07:12 PM
Hmm...I suppose. Come this way.

He pushes the door open to a classroom. The door creaks open. He motions for Feire to follow.

If you already have magical ability, I suggest you join the guild. It isn't free otherwise.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:15 PM
Alright. I was already told only the first lesson was free. So what position to I get to join? Feire asked as he stepped into the classroom and looked around

Saurous
2007-02-23, 07:19 PM
The room's walls are made out of dark wood, and the flooring is made of similar material. Chairs and tables and desks are in different areas of the room, and tomes and magical items rest on the tables, from classes earlier.

If you join, unless you are a master of a certain magical specialization, or if you are a master of Psionics, you become a magister of the guild. We need a bit of reorganization, but for the moment, most people are considered "magister".

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:20 PM
Sure Magister it is then. Anyway about the lesson?

Saurous
2007-02-23, 07:22 PM
Oh, yes. I suppose by animation, you mean the animation of objects. I suppose we can start with this. Unless you want to try something else, we can begin.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:23 PM
By all means

Saurous
2007-02-23, 07:38 PM
He begins.

The way I see magic is through the 8 schools: Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Transmutation, and Necromancy. Animation usually falls somewhere between transmutation and conjuration, but the animation of flesh falls under necromancy. Animation requires knowledge of the natural movement of the object you wish to bring life into, and knowledge of other possible ways.

The simplest objects to animate are usually made of material that moves easily, such as a figurine, or an object made out of material such as clay or another easily mallable thing. Also, the easiest spells to use on it for beginners are spells that require you to preset the actions or control it's actions completely. Spells that give an object complete sentience are somewhat harder.

When animating an object, one allows the magic to flow into the object. The magic creates the movement, and moves and bends with the animated object.

He stops, and then looks up at Feire.

Have you gotten this much so far?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:44 PM
Not really all of managed to do so far is make a candle flame flair up. But please continue

Saurous
2007-02-23, 07:45 PM
Hmm...would you like to take a stab at it before I continue?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:47 PM
Alright. All give it a shot though I warn you don't expect anything spectular. prepare to be underwelmend

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 07:48 PM
Jack has an internal debate, then follows the two to the classroom and watches from the door.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 07:53 PM
Alright then.

A few objects appear on the table. A string of rope a few inches long, a small doll, a small pile of paper, and a lump of clay.

Now then, these are some of the simplest objects to animate. Which do you want to attempt? I believe I've seen the most sucess with new mages with rope, but you can try what you want.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 07:58 PM
I think I will coose the rope. Feire closes his eyes and appers to concentrate.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:01 PM
Jack watches them curiously, wondering what Saurous has to say about the principles of magic.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 08:02 PM
The rope stays still for a few moments, then glows. It shifts and coils, moving upward. It slides around before falling back down.

Hmm...that was a fairly good first attempt.

He thinks for a moment.

How about you make an attempt at the paper next. Unless you want to consider this a session.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:04 PM
No I would like to continue. Feire reaches for the paper and places it in front of him and concentrates

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:05 PM
Jack watches Feire, letting himself focus on the magics being used.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 08:08 PM
The paper stays still for quite a while. The paper doesn't seem to be ready to do anything, before glowing similarily to the rope. The top paper bends, and stands up on two points. It bends, moving it's top towards the ground. It touches it's "head" to the table, forming a curve. The other end moves up off the table, making the paper stand on two points again. It then collapses.

Hunh. Most don't make it that far. You have the abilities of a Transmuter in the works.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:27 PM
Thank you. Do you have any other lessons planned for today?

Saurous
2007-02-23, 08:29 PM
Not really. You may want to attempt the figurine, or practice with other objects. I guess this session could be considered over for now.

He stands up and heads for the door.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:30 PM
Alright. I'm on my own then. He touches the figurine on the rable and begins to concentrate

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:34 PM
Jack watches Feire.
So many claim to understand magic... many master it... but so few actually comprehend what it is.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 08:35 PM
The doll stays still. It doesn't move for several minutes. It then glows, shaking around somewhat. It's arms move underneath it, pushing itself up off the table. It totters around on it's "feet" before collapsing.

Saurous pushes the door open and walks past Jack. He picks up his notes off the desk before entering the research lab again.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:37 PM
Feire looks up at jack and says That was deep. Did you say that?

((pink panther refernce)

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:37 PM
((You never said the door was shut... I assumed it was open the entire time. :P))

Jack chuckles. Deep? No, just a truthful observation.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 08:38 PM
((I meant he pushed the door open further. It was halfway closed, and Saurous simply pushed it all the way open))

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:40 PM
((Gotcha, that makes sense))

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:40 PM
Ahh pilophosy. Somehow no matter what it will come around to bite you in the toe

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:43 PM
True that. Its why I try to think of more set and defined things... which is why I started studying magic.
Jack laughs ruefully.
Little did I know what magic was really like... many people would disagree with me and say that it can be reduced to formula, but I have seen too much.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:44 PM
Perhaps. Feire turns back to his work at hand. To wit practcing.

Saurous
2007-02-23, 08:45 PM
Saurous sighs at one of the computers.

There's no way a person can simply pin down what magic is, as it changes with each person.

He wonders why he said that, and then pulls something up about vampires.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:47 PM
Jack boredly animates the doll with arcane magic.
So what have you been told about magic so far?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:49 PM
Not as much as you apprently he chuckles but not much really.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:50 PM
Jack grins.
I've been told alot about magic. Very much. About half of what I have heard has been wrong.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:51 PM
Willing to teach? I've gone through 2 teachers in 6 hours so don't expect me to end up with you for long.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:54 PM
Jack shrugs.
Most people don't stay long with me anyways... they want to learn to master their magic, not learn and understand all magic as I do.
He sighs, then watches him.
Tell me, what do you think magic is?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 08:57 PM
Magic is a force of nature. It is a power source that can be tapped into and used for different needs.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 08:59 PM
Ah. Is magic one thing then? Or is it a classification?
Jack stands and gestures with his hand.
Do all magic users draw from the same energy? Is all magic the same at its core?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:02 PM
At the core yes all magic is magic. but some magic is drawn from gods, some from the mind.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:07 PM
Jack frowns and shakes his head.
From my studies, I believe that you are wrong. However, one might reclassify and redefine magic to all come from the same source... but until then...
Jack points a finger at the doll.
Si poydare ambuladas.
The doll continues moving, though it is no longer manipulated by arcane magic.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:08 PM
Handy. Where did you learn to do that?

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:15 PM
The celtic bards. They also taught me this-
Jack hums a short line, calling on his bardic magic to animate the doll.
Probably the clearest example I can give you of why I do not believe all magic comes from one source is this-
Jack jerkily animates it with a darkened energy that he manipulates similarly to arcane magic, but is quite obviously from a different source as it does not detect as magic at all.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:21 PM
Intresting, but I did not come here to discuss magical thoery. If you don't mind I would like to learn how to se magic, not where it comes from.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:23 PM
Jack sighs.
You mean to say that wish to learn to detect most magical sources, such as divine and arcane, with your arcane magic, correct?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:24 PM
detect and control, yes

Saurous
2007-02-23, 09:24 PM
Saurous walks out of the research lab, gathering his notes and a book. He heads into the library, placing the book on a shelf. He then walks over to the labs. He enters a Necromancy lab.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:28 PM
Jack nods and thinks about it.
Permit me a moment to gather my thoughts on it, its been quite some time since I needed traditional arcane magics to do this.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:29 PM
Sure. Feire sits down and watches Jack

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:36 PM
Jack nods to himself. How do you tend focus your magic, outwards or inwards, and physically or mentally?

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:38 PM
Inwards and mentally mostly. Though I tend to do it outwards when I am not thinking straight.

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:41 PM
Jack nods again and leans on a table. Okay then. I want you to close your eyes and relax.

Copacetic
2007-02-23, 09:44 PM
Feire appears to slouch in his chair and closes his eyes

AmberVael
2007-02-23, 09:52 PM
Now, gather magical energy, and use it to draw awareness of other magics towards you. Picture your energy as being a magnet- focus and concentrate on that sort of strength, and it will draw whisps and echos of present magics to you so that you can identify and see them.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 03:05 AM
Castaras looks up from her scribbling, and closes her journal. She takes a piece of paper and doodles a bit. She then stands up and goes to her room, shutting the door behind her.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 07:45 AM
Saurous takes several leaps down the stairwell, landing on the floor with a light "thump". He moves quickly towards the Divination tower. He mumbles something to himself:

Please just be a disturbance in the force, just a disturbance...

Castaras
2007-02-24, 08:18 AM
(( A disturbence in the force... ))

Darth Vader comes in. He walks over to an apprentice.

Bill, I am your father.

But that's...really impossible...!

They then get murdered by the fourth wall.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 08:19 AM
((You see, that's the sort of thing that makes Ctrazt pee on Continuity's grave))

Castaras
2007-02-24, 08:21 AM
(( I couldn't help it ))

Castaras comes out of her room. She shoots a few bolts into a random apprentice, turning him into a pin cushion. She smiles slightly as he collapses, writhing in pain, and heads over to the library.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 08:33 AM
((Bad Castaras, bad! Back into the corner, you!))

Saurous rushes back into the guildhall, pulling out his spellbook and looking it over quickly. He walks into the library. He seems flustered and disturbed.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 08:34 AM
(( Make me :smalltongue: ))

Castaras looks up.

Something wrong?

Saurous
2007-02-24, 08:36 AM
If you count a Vrock and three vampiric creatures heading towards Town, then yes. They seem to be moving towards the guild.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 08:39 AM
Ah. I'd better repoison my bolts then. Something against demons...

She digs in her component pouch and pulls out a small bottle. She shakes it and begins to carefully cover her bolts with it. She then prepares her wooden bolts with a different smelly substance.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 09:02 AM
Saurous finishes with his spellbook, placing it into his bag. He then retrieves his little-used bow and his shortsword. He hmms for a moment, and then runs off. A chopping noise is heard, and he walks back carrying several sharp chunks of wood.

We may need these. Just don't ask what I had to do to make them.

He places them on a table.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 09:08 AM
I won't. I know when to not ask.

She finishes with her bolts, and carefully stuffs them into her bolt pouch.

How long until they arrive?

Saurous
2007-02-24, 09:10 AM
A few hours. When the scrying tower locked onto them, they were just flying over the woods. They weren't moving very quickly.

He takes a few of the stakes, putting them in his bag.

((Basically, I'll wait to see if more people come. It's somewhat boring when it's two people versus three vampires and a demon))

Castaras
2007-02-24, 09:15 AM
(( Very true ))

Then I might as well get my sword, whip isn't going to be much use.

She stands up and goes to her room, and takes out her rapier. She comes back and begins spreading poison along it.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 09:37 AM
Saurous heads for the door.

I'll be at Trog's. If anything weird happens, which I'm sure something will happen, just send a message.

He exits the guild.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 09:40 AM
Castaras smiles slightly. She realises something, and tries to summon her familiar. She sighs as nothing happens. She carries on sorting out her rapier.

After a while she slowly falls asleep into her open journal.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 10:21 AM
Saurous comes back into the guild, sighing.

Man, today is boring.

He walks into the library, smirking when he sees Castaras asleep at her journal. He pulls out his spellbook again. He studies it for a few minutes.

Ctrazt comes down from the labs, having been up there for nearly a day and a half. He heads toward the mage quarters, entering his room. He lays out on the bed to sleep.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 10:25 AM
Castaras looks up blearily, and then carefully closes her journal. She gently puts the rapier into its sheath and picks up her crossbow. She heads to the entrance of the guild and shoots into the shadows. She comes back, ignoring the screams of pain.

Poison works then...

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 10:32 AM
Pelgof wakes up, and walks into the Main Guild.

Screams? Must be morning, then.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 10:35 AM
Castaras looks up.

Morning. Or afternoon. Whichever. Stupid time zones...

The fourth wall get shot and it scrambles away, moaning in pain.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 10:37 AM
There's nothing that says "morning" quite like screams of pain.

He puts his spellbook away, and picks up a few of the stakes.

Pelgof, catch. You may need these.

He tosses them underhanded towards Pelgof. Hopefully when they reach Pelgof, they should be with the dull side pointing towards him. It could get messy otherwise.

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 10:37 AM
((Afternoon here, but only just woke up. I love being a student...))

So, much happening today?

Pelgof catches the stakes, and looks at them.

Vampires? When we expecting them?

Castaras
2007-02-24, 10:39 AM
A vrock, and three vampires.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 10:45 AM
Saurous frowns.

That depends. They could be here in the next few seconds, or another day. It's hard to predi-

The explosions ring throughout the guildhall. One comes from the front door, one comes from the mage quarters, and one comes from the Archmage's tower. Ctrazt scrambles out of the quarters, joining the group in the entrance hall.

Big...bird...lizard...thing!

Saurous draws his shortsword and preparing a spell.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 10:46 AM
Castaras loads her hand crossbow and draws her rapier.

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 10:48 AM
Pelgof tucks all the stakes but one into his belt, and draws his sapphire crossbow.

I got the quarters!

He fades into a nearby shadow, and travels towards the mage quarters.

ufo
2007-02-24, 10:56 AM
Koty enters the Guild Hall. He looks around.

"Woah! Did I disturb something important?"

Saurous
2007-02-24, 10:57 AM
Two figures rush out of the mess that is the front door. They seem to be human, except their figures are serious and almost feral. Their eyes are white and lifeless. Vampire Spawn. One, a female with long grey hair, rushes towards Castaras, pulling her lips back into a feral snarl, while the other rushes towards Saurous.

The quarters are in a state of chaos. Walls have crumpled inward, and a massive hole rests at one end. Dust and smoke float in the air. A creature stands among the chaos, taking cheap shots at apprentices running around. It is somewhere between a massive bird and lizard. It has long, lanky, scaly limbs, and has large, feathery wings. It has a strange looking beak. It catches sight of Pelgof and lets out a loud shriek. ((It is the Vrock's Stunning Screech ability, in case you were wondering.))

Ctrazt sighs and runs back into the quarters after Pelgof.

Saurous takes a leap backward, sending an Enervation spell at the Spawn.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 10:59 AM
Castaras shoots a wooden bolt covered in poison at the vampire attacking her and drops her crossbow, swinging her rapier in an arc towards the vampire.

ufo
2007-02-24, 10:59 AM
Koty stands silently, clearly confused with no apparent idea of what is going on.

"Two screams if you need help, okay?" he yells humorously.

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 11:01 AM
((Do I need the stake to kill the Vrock, or will lots of damage work just as well?))

Pelgof casts an illusion on one of the beds, making it look like whatever the Vrock fears most. As soon as the spell is cast, he fades into his shadow, ready to reappear next post.

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:06 AM
Koty impatiently sets his hands in his sides.

"And here I thought I was going to save the day. At least they don't make height-jokes. But perhaps that's because they're busy?"

The gnome stands, looking into the roof while thinking this through.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:07 AM
Castaras hears the gnome, but carries on fighting.

A gnome? What would it be doing here?

Saurous
2007-02-24, 11:13 AM
((The stake won't kill the Vrock, only the vampires. Tons of damage will do))

The female Spawn shrieks as the arrow hit's it's mark. It hits her in the stomach, burning her skin. She scrambles backwards, dodging the rapier. She tears the arrow out of her torso, tossing it at the ground. She cringes, and then swings her clawed hand towards Castaras. Her hand glows with black energy.

The other Spawn shouts as the crackling energy beam strikes him in the nose. He grips his face, muffling a few curses. He then reaches forward with both hands, attempting to bite Saurous.

The Vrock screeches and jumps backwards, seeing that the bed has just turned into a Hello Kitty. He attempts to attack the Kitty.

Saurous, obviously not wanting to be a vampire himself, stabs his sword at the creature's chest. He shouts at the gnome.

Now is really not the best time. Assistance would be nice, though.

Ctrazt runs to where the Vrock is standing. He sends forth a wave of Psionic energy at the Vrock's mind.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:16 AM
Castaras dodges and swings her poisoned rapier again.

(( Causes immense pain to vampires and vampire spawns, preventing them from taking actions for a while ))

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 11:16 AM
While the Vrock is distracted, Pelgof re-emerges from the shadows behing it, and fires both crossbows (reloaded in shadow time) straight at it. When Pelgof sees the Kitty, the sapphire crossbow also emits a burst of sonic energy, which bursts out just after bow is fired.

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:18 AM
Koty brightens up. "Ha haah!" he expresses to himself, while he goes to the flank of the Vrock. He points his hands at the terrified Vrock. Five blue balls of energy springs from his fingers and bursts into the Vrock.

Koty closes his eyes with a greedy smile "It's not good to see serious gore." He jokes. He opens his eyes, and sees that the Vrock have not even changed position. To anyone else it would be obvious that the spell just did nothing.

He pulls his Short Scimitar out of his sheath and watches the Vrock at a distance.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 11:28 AM
The female vampire lets out a horrible shriek as the rapier hits her in the chest. She brings her clawed hand to the cut. She stumbles backwards, sending a hateful glare at Castaras. Unless Castaras want's her brain crushed or wants to fall to the Spawn's influence, I suggest she looks away.

The other vampire pulls backwards away from Saurous' blade, pulling his fist back in fury.

The Vrock stops breathing for several moments, an effect brought on by Ctrazt. Both bolts strike the demon in the torso. The Vrock stands there, coughing and gagging.

Saurous, deciding to take a more tactical move, using Control Undead on the Spawn attacking him.

Ctrazt brings a storm of crystals into existance, hurling them at the Vrock.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:31 AM
Castaras blinks. She then looks behind her, jumping behind a table, watching the vampire for her next move.

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:32 AM
Koty sees his chance and leaps forward, makes a jump for two meters and slices the Vrock down it's side ((approx. over the location of the lungs of a human, I have no idea of Vrock anatomy))

He hits the floor, looks up and steps out of the Vrock's hitting range once again. Breathing havily.

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 11:32 AM
Pelgof causes a kind of darkness to obscure the Vrock's vision. If it can see in the dark, it's a semi-solid illusion of blackness physically covering its eyes. At the same time, he fires off another couple of bolts, grinning at the gnome's attempt.

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:40 AM
The gnome looks at Pelgof, with an envious grin.

Wonder if they will pay me for helping them?

He breaks his thoughts and readies for anything that could happen.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 11:42 AM
The female vampire continues standing there, groaning and clutching the wound. She looks around, apparently forgetting where Castaras was.

The other vampire turns away from Saurous, staring at the female. His eyes have turned black in place of their normal white. He rushes toward the female, swinging his fist at her.

The Vrock moves around, dodging the arrows, but moves right into the Scimitar and crystal assault. It decides to play it's trump card, and releases spores from it's body.

Saurous smirks, watching the vampires fight. He pulls out his bow and knocks an arrow, just in case.

Ctrazt points his finger at the Vrock, and a beam of energy leaves his finger.

Distengrate!

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:44 AM
Castaras picks up her journal and opens it onto a particular page. She leaves it open, and walks to the door of the library, watching the vampires fight.

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 11:45 AM
Pelgof flies backwards, firing one last shot, but instead of hitting the wall, he falls into his own shadow.

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:50 AM
Koty takes his weapon up at height with his face, while having his hand flying around the short scimitar with blue sparks gathering at the edge of the sword.

He looks up, and casts himself into the shadows surrounding the Vrock, ready to strike.

((OOC: I may have misinterpreted it, but if i understand correctly, darkness surrounded the Vrock. If not, Koty just attacks the Vrock

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 11:52 AM
((Nope, darkness just in front of his eyes.))

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:53 AM
((Then Koty just leaps at him :smalltongue: ))

Saurous
2007-02-24, 11:53 AM
The female Spawn screeches at the fact that her comrade was now attacking her. He swings her claw at her, cutting into his flesh.

The male spawn shouts as the claw hits his face, and swings at her.

The Vrock screeches as the bolts make their mark. It stumbles backwards as the disentegrate hits it's wing, causing the wing to slump. The blade makes it's mark, making the Vrock screech. It stumbles backwards, and then shouts:

{Abyssal}You may have gotten rid of me, but Erythnul will not stop until your corpses are layed out right in front of him!

He then teleports away, leaving behind the spores.

Saurous decides to speed up the process of killing the Spawns, and pulls out two stakes. He stands between the vampires as they stop, and ram the stakes into their chests. They slump to the ground.

Ctrazt backs away from the slowly spreading spores.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:54 AM
Castaras walks over to her journal and closes it.

Any more vampires going to come?

ufo
2007-02-24, 11:57 AM
Koty quickly jump away from the spores, and overviews the former battleground.

"What was that all about?!"

Saurous
2007-02-24, 11:58 AM
Saurous kicks the vampire corpse.

Yes. I rember there being three explosions, and I saw three vampires through the scrying. Another one is somewhere in the guild still, and it isn't just a Spawn. Also, we need to do something with these two. If the stakes come out, they will come back to life.

Ctrazt walks over to Koty.

That thing was a Vrock that attacked the guild. This thing happens alot, ever since Erythnul's eye landed on Saurous and the others.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 11:59 AM
Can you create running water? That should work.

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:00 PM
Koty goes over by Sauros side, looking at the corpses.

"I could burn them?"

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 12:03 PM
Pelgof emerges from a shadow somewhere.

Well, that was a bit of excitement.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 12:04 PM
Saurous picks up the female vampire corpse.

Keeping one captured could be useful. A little tortu- I mean, "interrogation" can go a long way. What if we simply place them out in sunlight? That should simply destroy them, and takes one round less time than submersion. Or, we could burn them.

Castaras
2007-02-24, 12:06 PM
Whatever gets rid of them.

Castaras smiles, and heads to her room to rest.

(( Back later ))

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:07 PM
"Actually, if we just burn them we risk that the stakes burn first. But I am not carrying them out there. I'm not touching them at all, actually!"

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 12:12 PM
Pelgof turns to Koty.

So, what brings you to this guild at such a time?

He waves a hand behind his back, causing a piece of paper to appear in Saurous' hand.

Remember who arrived at the same time as the Vampires?

Saurous
2007-02-24, 12:13 PM
Saurous scoffs, carrying the female corpse out the door. He drops her onto the ground, listening to it's skin burn. He then walks back in, placing the other Spawn onto a floating disk. The disk floats off. He looks down at the paper. A paper then appears in Pelgof's hand.

The Vrock?

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:15 PM
Koty turns to Pelgof.

"Oh, yes. I was looking to join your wizard guild, as I long have been looking for a place to hone my skills."

The gnome smiles mysteriously

And I believe members of guilds are employed to do missions more often... Missions they are paid for.

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 12:19 PM
((I assume the italics are unspoken thoughts?))

Just fill in a form with your abilities, and either hand it to Saurous, or place it on the desk.

He motions to a desk which only seems to appear when someone wants to join.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 12:19 PM
Ctrazt walks into the entrance hall. He, being the telepathic ulitharid that he is, laughs when he hears the ending of Koty's thought.

Saurous walks back into the entrance hall.

Something did get in through the tower. Keep on your guard.

A few feet from all this, a figure hidden by invisibility lurks in a corner. It decides, seeing as how this group managed to take out two Vampire Spawns and managed to run off the Vrock, to stay hidden.

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:22 PM
((Yup, italics are thoughts))

"Oh! Great! Uh.. Should you happen to have anything I can write on?"

Xaspian
2007-02-24, 12:23 PM
Pelgof produces a piece of paper, and a pen.

He goes to his Box, checks for Vampires, casts wards, and goes to sleep.

((See ya.))

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:29 PM
Koty quickly grabs the things and start scriblling at the paper.

Name: Koty
Abilities: Minor magic and little "melee" fighting

[Various spells and bragging about abilities]

Koty looks at the paper. "Should be it.."

He looks up. Who did he say I should give it to?

Saurous
2007-02-24, 12:29 PM
Saurous takes the paper, looking it over. He then decides to do a little more research on Vampires, just in case. He goes into the research lab.

Ctrazt heads over to the entrance to the mage quarters, bumping into the invisible figure.

Sorry.

S'alright.

Ctrazt then continues off, trying to fix the wall to his quarters.

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:40 PM
Koty stands a bit, confused.

"So?" he yells in the direction of Sauros.

Saurous
2007-02-24, 12:41 PM
Saurous backs up a few steps.

Oh, right. Congrats, welcome to the guild.

ufo
2007-02-24, 12:48 PM
Koty sighs

That was some fun. Wonder what that Vrock said, though.

"I guess we will meet again!" He yells towards Sauros, before exiting the building.

Copacetic
2007-02-24, 01:15 PM
Feire wakes up, grabs some materials that he had been praticing with and leaves the guild

Meynolds
2007-02-24, 01:21 PM
Chance exits his slumber.

Could somebody bring me up to speed here?

Copacetic
2007-02-24, 02:04 PM
Feire returns, lookes at the vampires and says okay those weren't there when I woke up. What the hack just happend?

ufo
2007-02-24, 02:14 PM
Koty arrives, looking about.

"Did anyone say anything?"

ufo
2007-02-24, 02:16 PM
"Bah, noone here.."

Copacetic
2007-02-24, 02:47 PM
I'm here.

((:thog: thog hears you!!))