PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Help generating encounter ideas for a Level 3 group

IIzak
2014-06-10, 11:44 AM
So I'm supposed to DM a group coming up consisting of a wizard, scout, cleric, and swashbuckler, all levl 3 and I need some inspiration on some interesting encounters to throw at them. The system 3.5, and I'd really appreciate if I could get some help coming up with ideas from people as to some good, level appropriate encounters for the group. Thanks.

FidgetySquirrel
2014-06-10, 06:03 PM
How about some goblins are kidnapping people near a small village. When the PCs investigate, it turns out the goblins aren't so bad... for goblins, anyway. They've been subjugated by a gnoll with a couple of ranger levels, just strong enough that it would have a reasonably good chance of defeating the gob-gang alone, explaining why they don't just kill the darn gnoll. The goblins would be typical low CR fare, nothing special, but the gnoll would actually be fairly tough, even if the party used a diplomacy nuke to earn the goblins trust.

There's always the old 'pair of ogres demand tribute from frontier village' cliche.

At low levels, pretty much anything involving orcs will work pretty well.

Just remember, small-town militias are usually over-worked and under-paid. They're usually more than happy to pass whatever job off on some bored adventurers, for a reasonable price.