PDA

View Full Version : Entrance Kit for Pathfinder

Mongobear
2014-06-10, 01:07 PM
My Google-Fu has failed me on this, but I am wondering if there is any product package deal from some online store, or company for a Box Set of Pathfinder books/minis/maps/etc that would be good for a group making the switch in systems, and not requiring us to buy each book individually.

I know of the "Beginner's Box" deal which is a bunch of basic miniatures, some maps/grids and a few very basic rulebooks for complete amateurs, which is nice but not exactly what I am looking for. Im looking for something more akin to a box set of the DMG/PHB/MM like there was for D&D 3.5, or something similar. Perhaps EBay might have a lot of peoples used books, but I would prefer them new as opposed to second hand.

HammeredWharf
2014-06-10, 01:14 PM
I don't know about that, but here's (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/) the Pathfinder SRD.

Mongobear
2014-06-10, 01:23 PM
I already know about the SRD and all the other various means to get books online, whether through paying for a PDF file, or using less-than-legal means. But Im looking for actual physical copies. If I have to just buy them all one at a time thats fine, Im just asking here if there is a box set like D&D had.

BWR
2014-06-10, 02:31 PM
I don't believe there is a collection like that. However, you really only need to buy the CRB. The Bestiary is just stats and all the relevant information is on the PRD, unlike the CRB which is needed to actually explain the rules.

Mongobear
2014-06-10, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I know that all of the relevant info is on the SRD/PRD whatever its called, I would just like to actually own all the relevant books, for one, to support the company, and also due to my groups' table rule that we cant use electronic devices during game sessions outside of emergencies. I also just have a personal thing, where even if i can get something for free, I would rather actually buy it legitimately, plus a book always seems easier to read/look up instead of a PDF file.

BWR
2014-06-10, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I know that all of the relevant info is on the SRD/PRD whatever its called, I would just like to actually own all the relevant books, for one, to support the company, and also due to my groups' table rule that we cant use electronic devices during game sessions outside of emergencies. I also just have a personal thing, where even if i can get something for free, I would rather actually buy it legitimately, plus a book always seems easier to read/look up instead of a PDF file.

I can certainly agree with that, especially the last bit (we support our FLGS even if it's cheaper to buy online).