PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Polymorph question and immunity question

Garshu
2014-06-10, 01:16 PM
Ok, so we have a town member who I am 95% sure is a Glabrezu in disguise (polymorphed, crazy illusion etc.). I am leaning towards polymorph. The question here is, would a Glabrezu polymorphed into a Human have its natural immunity to poison? Would it have all of its immunities up and does a Glabrezu need to breathe? thinking of flying up and dropping a mudslide on it...twice...and then mud to rocking it...

fishyfishyfishy
2014-06-10, 01:56 PM
If it really is a Glabrezu it will just use its Greater Teleport ability immediately afterwards, since they retain all spell like abilities of their normal form when using polymorph.

Eanow
2014-06-10, 02:31 PM
I can't find a specific entry in the SRD about it, but I know that in Pathfinder polymorph magic will cause you to lose some abilities and powers of your original form. From the PRD: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magic.html

While under the effects of a polymorph spell, you lose all extraordinary and supernatural abilities that depend on your original form (such as keen senses, scent, and darkvision), as well as any natural attacks and movement types possessed by your original form.

Polymorph is one of those things that got tweaked between 3.5 and Pathfinder, so you may find the answer you're looking for in the general magic section of the rulebook you're playing under.

Garshu
2014-06-10, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately, it is 3.5 and Pathfinder is not going to work as a "look here". I did not think about the greater teleport...oh well, still dropping a mudslide for 28d6 for giggles...I will make my case to my DM, but oh well. Would love to greater creation up some black lotus extract and poison him before he can poly himself back...Would he have average human CON while polymorphed or Glabrezu stupid Con?

Urpriest
2014-06-10, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately, it is 3.5 and Pathfinder is not going to work as a "look here". I did not think about the greater teleport...oh well, still dropping a mudslide for 28d6 for giggles...I will make my case to my DM, but oh well. Would love to greater creation up some black lotus extract and poison him before he can poly himself back...Would he have average human CON while polymorphed or Glabrezu stupid Con?

Polymorph is based on Alter Self, which says you lose all Extraordinary abilities not derived from class levels, so the Glabrezu would not be immune to poison. It would have average human Con, just like any other character polymorphed into a human.