PDA

View Full Version : Feats, Invocations, and Breath Effects for a Shifter Dragonfire Adapt

Grayson01
2014-06-10, 03:44 PM
Exactly what the title says what are some good feats, Invocations, and Breath Effects for a DFA?
They Don't have to be the MOST OPTIMAL.
The Character will be going for embracing the wild hunter nature of his shifter heratiage, see's dragons as the greatest hunters of the natural world so embraces them through the DFA class. Going with ether Beasthide or Wildsent Shifter for Con boost and ether NAT AC or Sent.
Invocations so far * means taking it ? means thinking about it.
Scalding Gust*
Void Sence?
Draconic Toughness?
Draconic Flight*

Breath Effects same * ?
Electricity*
Slow*
Weakinging?
Enduring*
Fivefold Breath of Tiamat*

Feats
Beasthide Elite*?

stack
2014-06-10, 03:50 PM
Entangling exhalation is your first feat. I don't thomk scalding dust is worth a pick.

Grayson01
2014-06-10, 03:52 PM
Entangling exhalation is your first feat. I don't thomk scalding dust is worth a pick.

What's a better choice for a least?

stack
2014-06-10, 04:01 PM
Endure exposure if you have a party. No friendly fire when you breath. Knowledge, see invisibility, free identify, pretty much anything beats dust.

nedz
2014-06-10, 05:02 PM
I take it you've read this (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1101061) ?

Grayson01
2014-06-10, 06:35 PM
I take it you've read this (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1101061) ?

Nope, and It wont open while I am at work. I will have to check it out when I am off duty.

malonkey1
2014-06-10, 06:39 PM

By RAW, Entangling Exhalation cannot be applied to DFA breath weapons. They don't have a recharge expressed in rounds.

stack
2014-06-10, 07:23 PM
That is true for meta breath feats, but not entangling exhalation. I'm on my phone, so no proper citation at the moment. Power surge and other tricks can qualify you for meta breath as well.

Edit- it's only prerequisites are a breath weapon and the dragon blood subtype.

malonkey1
2014-06-10, 07:27 PM
That is true for meta breath feats, but not entangling exhalation. I'm on my phone, so no proper citation at the moment. Power surge and other tricks can qualify you for meta breath as well.

That is correct. My bad.

stack
2014-06-10, 07:31 PM
Basically DFAs don't get a feat at level one, they get entangling exhalation as a class feature instead.

Grayson01
2014-06-10, 09:48 PM

Entangling Breath is a Breath feat and not a Metabreath feat. But even the Metabreath feats don't have "Breath Weapon with a recharge" Prereq.
Recover Breath
( Draconomicon, p. 73)
[Metabreath]
You wait less time before being able to use your breath
weapon again.
Prerequisite
CON 17, breath weapon
Maximize Breath
( Draconomicon, p. 71)
[Metabreath]
You can take a full-round action to use your breath weapon to maximum effect.
Prerequisite
CON 17, breath weapon,

two random examples.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-11, 02:10 AM
Entangling Breath is a Breath feat and not a Metabreath feat. But even the Metabreath feats don't have "Breath Weapon with a recharge" Prereq.

Yeah, they do. It's hidden in the description of the [Metabreath] descriptor. DFAs can take them, however, by being a dragonborn.