PDA

View Full Version : Player Help initiate of nature and dmm persist question regaurding our druid in our campaign

clericgirl
2014-06-10, 05:56 PM
ok the rules for DMM persist says the prerequisite for the spell is the ability to rebuke undead. Our druid is taking Initiate of nature and will have the ability to rebuke animals. He's interested in taking DMM persist for some of the Bite lines. Does the rebuke animals allow him to qualify for DMM?

eggynack
2014-06-10, 05:59 PM
Doesn't seem to work, no. He might be interested in something like sacred exorcist (CD, 56), which grants real turn undead. I must note, however, that DMM persist isn't as good on druids as it is on clerics, owing to the druid list's propensity for long term buffs.

clericgirl
2014-06-10, 06:04 PM
Doesn't seem to work, no. He might be interested in something like sacred exorcist (CD, 56), which grants real turn undead. I must note, however, that DMM persist isn't as good on druids as it is on clerics, owing to the druid list's propensity for long term buffs.

I didn't think it did. Yeah I told him it works better on me, but he insists on being a beat stick and wants to find a way to make DMM work with the bite line. Thanks for the quick reply. I will continue to attempt to talk to him and I'll show him sacred exorcist.

Is initiate of nature any good? Seems only mildly decent with mold touch and the ability to command animals, but I'm no druid.

eggynack
2014-06-10, 06:07 PM
Is initiate of nature any good? Seems only mildly decent with mold touch and the ability to command animals, but I'm no druid.
It's pretty good, as pulling together strong minionmancy is always a bit of a struggle for druids, but it's not the best feat option out there. I generally consider it more of a filler feat, if you're starting to run low on the really powerful stuff.

clericgirl
2014-06-10, 06:15 PM
It's pretty good, as pulling together strong minionmancy is always a bit of a struggle for druids, but it's not the best feat option out there. I generally consider it more of a filler feat, if you're starting to run low on the really powerful stuff.

I didn't think it was the best in the world. Like I said he's pretty set on being a beat stick. The DM allowed him to craft a spell that works on both his natural attacks the same way Greater Mighty Wallop works on a monks fist. I know he's taking improved nat attack on both his bite and on his claws and multi attack. I figured he would be best as a caster doing some battle field control but.... I guess concept > than perfect optimization right? He loves being a dire bear.

Any rate thanks for that tip sir.