PDA

View Full Version : Planar Shepherd (in Forgotten Realms)

Pinkcrusade
2014-06-10, 07:59 PM
Greetings, all!

So, I am creating a Druid 5/Planar Shepard 2 for a campaign soon, and we are playing in the Forgotten Realms setting (relevant for cosmology); I was wondering which plane would grant access to the most amount of creatures that would be useful (also, if somebody could rectify this issue for me: where does it state that you acquire the SLAs of the creature you are taking the form of?) I was thinking of one that could be somehow related to Silvanus, as that would fit with Druid 1-5 (though I could always change it).

Thanks.

Komatik
2014-06-10, 08:32 PM
You don't need useful creatures with a 10 rounds to 1 fast time bubble :P

Mieko
2014-06-10, 08:43 PM
Excactly. Take Dal Quor, the region of dreams. Get a shiny planar bubble which lets every single of your turns be...well...10 turns. Plus, wild shape into Quori! All you need now is some bling-bling, and you're ready to kick ass.

If you really want to have a huge list of wild shape forms, you should probably take a look at the beautiful plane of Lammania.
See here (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1081076)

Wild Shape (Su): Your druid levels stack with yourplanar shepherd class levels for the purpose of determining the number of daily uses, the maximum HD and size (but not creature type), and the duration of your wild shape ability.

At 3rd level, you are able to use wild shape to change into a magical beast native to your chosen plane, with the same size restrictions as for animal forms. For example, if you chose the plane of Fernia, you could become a zezir (Monster Manual III 205). This includes creatures whose type changes to magical beast as the result of applying a template (such as celestial or fiendish).

When you attain 9th level, you become able to use wildshape to change into an elemental or outsider native to yourchosen plane, although it costs two of your daily uses of wild shape to do so. For example, if you chose the plane of Mabar, you could become a barghest. In addition to the normal effects of wild shape, you gain all the elemental or outsider'sextraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities.

White Blade
2014-06-10, 08:53 PM
Guys, he's in FR. Not Eberron. FR. Also, maybe he just likes the flavor of Planar shepherd? Also, level two... not fifth or whatever it is where you get to carry around planar traits. If I were your GM I'd insist on a basic plane. Pick one that lets you get Planetar if you're good aligned and plan to run till you hit level fourteen. I'm having trouble finding what to do with Faeurun, though, because, well, there aren't any choices like Thelanis or Lammania. (You can't Outsider wild shape till your level 9)

Also, the Planar Shepherd isn't terribly bad if you aren't trying to cheese it. I mean, granted, it is once you're in the upper realms of it, but it isn't cheesy till nine. And there's no reason not to be a Planar Shepherd, meaning it is a step up from straight Druid, a tier 1 class. But again.

Jeff the Green
2014-06-10, 11:11 PM
I'm not exactly an expert in FR cosmology, but looking at the FR Wiki, House of Nature would be a good one for wild shape forms as it's roughly equivalent to Lammania.

Dal Quor has an equivalent in other cosmologies in the Region of Dreams, IIRC.

Vaz
2014-06-11, 04:56 AM
Fury's Heart is quite a good one. Not only does you planar bubble do 3d12 cold damage to all within it, but you can Wild Shape into [Cold] Elemental or Outsider.