PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Need some help on a unique campaign [3.5]

slaydemons
2014-06-10, 09:01 PM
So, first off let me say something, Warkitty if you see this stay out, this is backend stuff for the campaign to help me with coming up with new ideas so I don't go "uh-uh-uh" all day ^^.

Okay, So I am doing a settler style campaign and I would like a way to make a random chart for things the party can do every week. However I kind of suck at making random tables. Can I get some help? If you want more information about the game I can provide it as well though its not relevant to my question. if there is a way to build one without a downloadable program I will probably use that as well.

Mieko
2014-06-10, 09:10 PM
Well, if you don't want to download a program for that, you can of course just write down a table with 20 options, assign numbers from 1-20 to them and roll a d20 every week.

Some suggestions for settlers:
- fight a fire that endangers the settlement
- build stuff
- scout ahead in the wilderness
- fight the locals
- go dig for gold

slaydemons
2014-06-10, 09:17 PM
Well, if you don't want to download a program for that, you can of course just write down a table with 20 options, assign numbers from 1-20 to them and roll a d20 every week.

Some suggestions for settlers:
- fight a fire that endangers the settlement
- build stuff
- scout ahead in the wilderness
- fight the locals
- go dig for gold

Hmm that could work, might write one down here then copy paste it

1. An npc village has settled up near by
2. A band of nomads has come to the village gate
3. The predators have become more fierce and loud
4. A group of rare animals was spotted not to far from here
5. The crops have a strange fungus on them
6. Some strange beasts appeared nearby and the villagers are now sick
these are hard to keep diverse and broad and good enough where it doesn't get boring if I use the same idea more then once.