PDA

View Full Version : Charging and Chariots

j_spencer93
2014-06-10, 10:02 PM
I am trying to build a character based on charging in a chariot and am wondering if there is a class recommended for this, feats, etc.
2nd questions, how does feats that make charging better interact with charging in a chariot?

VoxRationis
2014-06-11, 01:25 AM
I think there's a "celestial chariot" spell or something like that in the Spell Compendium—it's on the paladin's spell list.
That said, the game tends to focus on people walking through subterranean complexes rather than driving along roads. You may have difficulty finding proper sources. It's possible that you could persuade your DM to let some of the mounted combat feats be applicable to charioteers.

dysprosium
2014-06-11, 09:20 AM
The old 3.0 book Sword and Fist had a few chariot themed feats that were not updated to 3.5. The Arms and Equipment Guide (also 3.0) also has rules for vehicles in general and has statistics for chariots.

nedz
2014-06-11, 09:23 AM
Although 3.5 has mounted combat rules, they do have a number of holes. One of these holes is the complete lack of rules about vehicles — so your DM will have to write some.

Jormengand
2014-06-11, 10:37 AM
Although 3.5 has mounted combat rules, they do have a number of holes. One of these holes is the complete lack of rules about vehicles — so your DM will have to write some.

Or steal the PF ones. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/vehicles)

j_spencer93
2014-06-11, 09:50 PM
Was wondering how charge feats work when making a charge in one. Charge feats do activate when mounted right (idk never really had a charging guy before) if they do then i assume it is the same for a chariot.

Lightlawbliss
2014-06-11, 09:54 PM

I wouldn't say complete lack. There are 3.0 rules that one might consider 3.5

j_spencer93
2014-06-11, 10:23 PM
To clarify, powerful charge makes you count as a size larger when charging right? does that apply to charging on horseback or charging in a chariot?