PDA

View Full Version : Im doing some research about pathfinder

blelliot
2014-06-11, 02:23 AM
Has anyone found/made a list of spells that changed in pathfinder from 3.5? I'm interested in chhecking out the differences. Unfortunately I don't have the time (nor the patience :-[) to look through the books and compare. All help is appreciated. I've noticed the following spells are different: divine power, polymorph, shapechange, summon monster/natures ally I-IX, finger of death, implosion, destruction. Any I have missed? Thank you all!

avr
2014-06-11, 03:06 AM
Sure, lots more spells changed directly (glitterdust allows a new save vs blindness each round) or indirectly (web uses the CMB mechanic, grease no longer renders those balancing flat-footed). The replacement of costs with GP costs affects many more. Other spells exist in only one system or the other.

Making a list of individual spell changes would be a herculean task with little payoff; the list'd be so long that consulting it would take as long as consulting the spell list directly.

blelliot
2014-06-11, 03:15 AM
The reason that I want to do that is the spells that I noticed were different I don't like the changes (except polymorph and shapechange, those I like) I think divine power was fine as it was 3.5 and the save or die spells should be that powerful. I was just wondering if there are any other spells that I wouldn't like the changes that happened.