PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound!

The Geomancer
2007-02-21, 06:38 PM
Has anyone else here played that incredible, incredible game? (an rpg for the SNES for those of you who don't know.) I just really want to talk about how awesome that game is, and maybe convince someone who hasn't played to play and enjoy the awesomeness.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-21, 07:15 PM
I think I'm the only person in the world who played this game about halfway through and then was completely unable to go on, finding it utterly boring in every way. I really didn't see what all the appeal was...

The Geomancer
2007-02-21, 07:42 PM
I don't even know how to respond to that... what didn't you like?

rabish12
2007-02-21, 07:51 PM
I think I'm the only person in the world who played this game about halfway through and then was completely unable to go on, finding it utterly boring in every way. I really didn't see what all the appeal was...
I stopped about halfway, but not because I found it boring. The game was quirky and the story and characters were entertaining and funny, but when I was younger I sucked too hard at it to get very far and now that I'm older I can't stand the combat system (ATB is bad enough, but full-tilt turn-based menu-based combat is just too much).

JadedDM
2007-02-21, 08:51 PM
I've played it, beaten it, and own it. I also love that game. I enjoy playing Ness in Smash Brothers, too. He's a challenge.

adanedhel9
2007-02-21, 11:15 PM
Earthbound is great. I've played it through 3 or 4 times; though I've never managed to find all the camera spots. I still fondly remember beating Giygas for the first time, and how I stumbled upon the secret... My more matured gaming senses think it's a cheap move by the developers, but it doesn't change the memory.

I look forward to the day when it comes out on VC so I can play it again without breaking any rules.

Jothki
2007-02-22, 03:01 AM
Earthbound is great. I've played it through 3 or 4 times; though I've never managed to find all the camera spots. I still fondly remember beating Giygas for the first time, and how I stumbled upon the secret... My more matured gaming senses think it's a cheap move by the developers, but it doesn't change the memory.

I look forward to the day when it comes out on VC so I can play it again without breaking any rules.

I love that, it's one of the greatest examples of player manipulation I've ever seen.

And good luck waiting for it. Nintendo won't even give us an English release of Mother 3.

Arlanthe
2007-02-22, 08:58 AM
Awesome game. fantastic- a classic. It was original, creative, had an excellent story, and was quite funny. I hope they release it on DS so I can play and beat it again.

Put cream on those peaches!

Tengu
2007-02-22, 10:41 AM
Earthbound has horrible, horrible, bad and boring combat system... and is great in every other aspect. I also wonder what were the game's makers taking when they were creating it? Some of the parts couldn't be made not under the influence of something illegal.

Penguinizer
2007-02-22, 11:31 AM
Have you seen Katamari Damachy. I sware that thing was made while under the influence of illegal substances.

Ranis
2007-02-22, 12:43 PM
For a game that didn't make sense on an absolute conceptual level up to a practical one, Earthbound is an AWESOME game.

The Geomancer
2007-02-22, 02:48 PM
Man, I want an english Mother 3 version so bad. I don't even know what it is about, I mean how can you have another Earthbound? I hope Nintendo fires up VC and releases some more Earthbound.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-02-22, 02:52 PM
I don't even know how to respond to that... what didn't you like?

Just...everything. Art. Music. Combat. Plot. I found it at best, tedious.