PDA

View Full Version : Goin' Soul Harvistin'!

JackMage666
2007-02-21, 08:09 PM
I have a question about the Necrocarnate's ability Soul Harvist. Y'know, the one that allows him to steal life energy for essentia? Yeah, that's the one.
My question is, what are the requirements for a "newly dead corpse". Obviously, must be dead within 1 hour/necrocarnate level, but is that it? Can I use a rat corpse to power this, or does it need to be a humanoid? If so, can I just carry around a cage of rats that I slaughter to fuel my fire? I can't seem to find any requirements other than recently dead, so curious about what you thought.

JackMage666
2007-02-22, 11:18 AM
So is noone going to touch this one?

The_Werebear
2007-02-22, 11:20 AM
Really, that one is for DM interpretation.

Me, I would rule that you need a sentient(formerly, of course) corpse.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-02-22, 11:22 AM
Not sure how it works, but if there's any numbered element to it, maybe you would need a certain number based off the type of creature--to get the essentia of a human, maybe you'd need to kill a dozen rats.

JackMage666
2007-02-22, 11:40 AM
Nope, no numbered element, other than gaining a number of essentia equal to half your Necrocarnate Level (rounded up) for 24 hours. No numerical data for the corpse, though.

Truffles
2007-02-22, 09:11 PM
well they need to have souls... would make a joke but...

MandoFTR
2007-02-22, 09:43 PM
So politicians and lawyers wouldnt work then, yes?

JackMage666
2007-02-22, 10:48 PM
Out of curiousity, what would happen if you used this against an Outsider? Does it literally rip the body and soul apart, unlike the regular death of an Outsider? With humanoids, the sould and body are seperate, so after 24 hours, the soul energy would escape back to the plane it should reside in (I'd assume, although Soul Harvest doesn't really say it stops the creature from being revived), but with an Outsider, you could be destroying their very soul, as it was never supposed to be removed from the body.

InaVegt
2007-02-23, 06:55 AM
There was some build around this and killing lots of random no stat bugs. Since by RAW any corpse suffices.