PDA

View Full Version : Crusader3/cleric1/bard1 into Ruby knight vindicator

Masakan
2014-06-11, 01:09 PM
is this a thing or are there better options?

malonkey1
2014-06-11, 01:11 PM

Why, may I ask, do you have the Bard level? The answer may change my advice for you.

Masakan
2014-06-11, 01:15 PM
Why, may I ask, do you have the Bard level? The answer may change my advice for you.

So I can take full advantage of white raven.

malonkey1
2014-06-11, 01:39 PM

Ah, okay. So it's a battle buffer, then? If possible, you may want to see about advancing Bardic Performance a bit and getting Dragonfire Inspiration.

Darrin
2014-06-11, 01:56 PM

If you mean "Song of the White Raven", then your RKV levels don't contribute towards Inspire Courage. If you want to maximize Dragonfire Inspiration, then maybe try:

Crusader 9/Cleric 1/Duskblade 1/Prestige Bard 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 8.

10 levels of (Crusader + Prestige Bard) = Inspire Courage +3.

Otherwise, you'd need 14 levels of Crusader + Normal Bard for the same Inspire Courage +3 bonus. However, there may be better dips to crank out more Inspire Courage. Check the Inspire Courage handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9830).

Red Fel
2014-06-11, 01:59 PM
Yeah, as Darrin points out, this is something of an either/or situation. Either you want to be using your Bardsader abilities, or you plan to go RKV. The two aren't ideally suited for one another.

The White Raven discipline, itself, doesn't really require Bard at all. It's a nice touch, but it doesn't add substantially to an RKV build.

Martimus Prime
2014-06-13, 08:50 AM

Crusader/bard/wilder is pretty fun as a party buffer/off healer that only needs one ability score, and you can use the psionic martial adept feats and things like psionic weapon/arcane strike/deep crystal wapons for hilariously OP melee burst damage. If you're looking for divine progression, on the other hand, using OA shaman/crusader/RKV might be more down your street.

EDIT: also, dont forget Song of White Ravens.

Masakan
2014-06-13, 10:31 AM
Crusader/bard/wilder is pretty fun as a party buffer/off healer that only needs one ability score, and you can use the psionic martial adept feats and things like psionic weapon/arcane strike/deep crystal wapons for hilariously OP melee burst damage. If you're looking for divine progression, on the other hand, using OA shaman/crusader/RKV might be more down your street.

EDIT: also, dont forget Song of White Ravens.

I like it, It pretty much gives me all i could ask for and I can just get superior unarmed strike to get the damage i need.
Sweet!