PDA

View Full Version : Dice - TGQtPT ~ A Simple Request



gr8artist
2014-06-11, 02:57 PM
Tada. Make your rolls happen here.

malonkey1
2014-06-12, 01:59 AM
Alright, first dice rolls of the thread. First, I'm making a Sense Motive roll to see if I'm getting any "bad vibes" off Furie. [roll0]

Second, I've asked my Celestial Hawk familiar to keep watch, a Perception Check [roll1]

gr8artist
2014-06-12, 02:23 AM
Vibes sent in PM. Bird keeping a very effective lookout.

caledscratcher
2014-06-12, 02:32 AM
Alright, my first roll in here! That'd be knowledge (religion) on the patterns on her gloves and boots: [roll0]

gr8artist
2014-06-12, 01:37 PM
Knowledge result sent via PM

Tanuki Tales
2014-06-12, 08:38 PM
Taking 20 on a Diplomacy check to Gather Information. Low Coo will be looking for a "cheap but interesting" place to sleep for the night. He also gave the performer a gold piece.

gr8artist
2014-06-12, 11:10 PM
The performer is very grateful for your coin, though he seems a little put off by your size.
A Brine citizen says that if you're looking for interesting, you could try the old university, which is reportedly haunted. The dorms there are mostly empty, so you wouldn't have to pay to stay there.
There's also the local inn/brothel, and while it has its perks, it's pretty much a run-of the mill brothel.
or at least, it is now...

Phillammon
2014-06-13, 07:04 AM
Two fly checks in a row here, let's see if I crash and burn while trying to show off.

Fly up at greater than 45 degree angle: (DC 20) [roll0]
Hover: (DC 15) [roll1]

gr8artist
2014-06-13, 12:43 PM
You should sign up for the blue angels with checks like that. You succeed your checks and make it look easy.

Phillammon
2014-06-14, 01:01 PM
I don't believe skill checks autofail on a natural 1, but in case they do:

Fly check to Hover: (DC 15) [roll0]

Just writing the gist of the action here so I can get relevant feedback: Trizbit's going to fly up to a decent elevation, around 20 ft, out towards the street, and take a look around for anyone they might be able to draft- ideally a dwarf or similar, but she'll settle on anyone who looks reasonably beefy and adventurous, so to speak.

Perception check: [roll1]

(Pretty sure the relevant DCs here are 0 to spot a visible creature who isn't trying to hide, with +1 per 10 feet away)

Phillammon
2014-06-14, 01:02 PM
(Please ignore, forgot to hit the subscribe button several posts in a row)

gr8artist
2014-06-14, 02:42 PM
Well, you're not too far from where the pyromancer had been. You can see him, entertaining some children, as well as a massive troll who seems to be conversing with some locals. Other than them, you see a few local guards and such, including a woman carrying a heavy shield.

malonkey1
2014-06-30, 09:45 PM
My perception check for finding traps. I'd like to try taking 20 (total 22), but if not, here's my roll. ([roll0])

gr8artist
2014-06-30, 11:46 PM
You can take 20, but the area you'd need to search is about 6 squares. If it takes 1 round to search one square normally, and you're taking 20 on each square, that's 2 minutes per 5x5 square.
So, you can search the area quickly (with your result of 11) in less than a minute, or search twice as well (22) in about 10 minutes. If the group doesn't mind waiting, you can take 20, but they can interrupt you after any amount of time.
Either way, in your first round of searching, you see nothing dangerous.

Also, edit the quote out of your post, please.

malonkey1
2014-07-01, 02:09 AM
Right, I think given Trizbit's impatience, I'll go with my roll of 11.

Tanuki Tales
2014-07-01, 11:22 AM
Intelligence check to determine that the damage we see to the temple isn't natural:

[roll0]

malonkey1
2014-07-01, 11:51 AM
Intelligence check to determine that the damage we see to the temple isn't natural:

[roll0]

Do you one better, a Knowledge[Engineering] check: [roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-01, 01:09 PM
Most everything looks to be naturally worn down by excessive moisture and winds, and bits of sand and gravel blowing along. The only thing that doesn't seem to be normal wear or destruction is the layer of iron over the bronze doors and bronze-and-steel dragon.
It seems to be a hasty, almost careless effort to obscure the shining metals in something dull and distorted.
You both realize this.

gr8artist
2014-07-01, 01:10 PM
Can't edit.
The "half-melted" appearance of the dragon statue above you is a reference to the way the iron hangs upon the form. The underlying structure does not appear damaged or melted.

Phillammon
2014-07-07, 11:58 AM
Strength check to bust down door: [roll0]

Or possibly to glance a battering ram off an unlocked door. One or the other.

gr8artist
2014-07-07, 09:57 PM
Open(ed)-Sesame!

malonkey1
2014-07-07, 11:27 PM
Alright, I wanna make a Knowledge[Architecture and Engineering] check to see if I recognize any specific civilization's architecture, seeing if it could give clues to what might be found here. [roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-07, 11:32 PM
Not enough information in the entryway/exterior, though remind me later to reveal more information to you once you've seen some more rooms.

Phillammon
2014-07-08, 12:02 AM
[roll0] for the same reasons as Danaan, if you don't mind.

Phillammon
2014-07-08, 12:05 AM
...nevermind then.

Tanuki Tales
2014-07-09, 12:02 PM
Rolling a Knowledge (The Planes) to glean any knowledge concerning "Belor'kind" or why everything is coated in melted iron in reference to devil physiology.

[roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-09, 01:07 PM
So, Knowledge DC's were lower than I realized. I'll be PMing everyone their information (if you earned it) shortly

malonkey1
2014-07-11, 10:46 PM
Alright, Chim-Chim the Celestial Hawk is keeping watch (Perception roll: [roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-13, 10:28 PM
Chim Chim (or any of you for that matter) fails to notice anything else about the room.

malonkey1
2014-07-19, 06:35 PM
Danaan is studying the torch, making a Knowledge[Arcana] roll to try and discern what just happened, and what changed the color of the flames. [roll0]. Also going to make a Knowledge[Nature] check to discern whether the noise was man or beast. [roll1]

gr8artist
2014-07-20, 02:01 AM
Danaan you cheeky sonuvagun. I love your dialogue and jokes.
The flames are magic, almost identical to an everburning torch, though there is a component involved in their creation that you are unfamiliar with. Whatever the mystery ingredient is, it seemed to react to the agonizing wail with what appeared to be a subtle illusion (figment, most likely) or apprentices level evocation effect. The color change is curious, because although the flame is a darker hue now (reddish orange to red like raw meat) it seems to cast a little more light. Not enough to change the overall light level any more than it already was, but everything is illuminated in a weird reddish glow now.

It's wasn't the voice of any animal, though it reminded you a little of a racoon you saw get attacked by a wildcat. The angry, desperate, pleading squeal of something caught in the den of something far more savage and dangerous.

Tanuki Tales
2014-07-23, 11:57 AM
Spellcraft check and Knowledge Arcana checks to identify the potions being handed out and the magical effects being cast:

[roll0]


[roll1]

gr8artist
2014-07-23, 02:31 PM
Success on all fronts.

malonkey1
2014-07-27, 12:53 PM
Alright, a Knowledge[Engineering] check to examine the chains, especially the newer ones. [roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-27, 09:39 PM
The temple's lowest floor was originally intended to serve as a defensible position, and the older chains are designed to operate security features, such as the shutters, portcullises, and other exits.
The newer chains seem to be renovations put in place where the old chains were giving out. Most of the newer chains seem to connect the security features to the vicinity of the statue in the center of the room.

Phillammon
2014-07-29, 12:59 AM
This, naturally, is where it all goes horribly wrong.

[roll0] Disguise Check
[roll1] Bluff Check

gr8artist
2014-07-29, 09:06 AM
Doesn't your wondrous item give you a bonus?

Phillammon
2014-07-29, 09:08 AM
Depends, to some extent. I get a plus 10 from the hat, come to think, so it's an 18 and I'm an idiot, fair enough. Plus whatever circumstance bonuses are relevant, though I don't determine those.

Tanuki Tales
2014-07-29, 01:50 PM
Knowledge Arcana to recognize the Golem:

[roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-29, 09:18 PM
No luck, Tanta.
Trizbit's disguise is pretty good, though. But I think I'm about to get my revenge for him usurping my 4-time 1st place win streak.

malonkey1
2014-07-30, 07:42 PM
Danaan is trying to sneak past the construct (Stealth [roll0]), adding as appropriate if Trizbit keeps it occupied), and tries to see if he knows anything about this type of construct like specific variety, weaknesses, etc., (Know[Arcana] [roll1]).

Phillammon
2014-07-31, 01:42 AM
Okay, let's see if Trizbit can manually override this thing. Rapid Shot + Point Blank Shot + Full Attack with the Repulsors.

To Hit: [roll0], Damage [roll1] Sonic
To Hit: [roll2], Damage [roll3] Sonic
To Hit: [roll4], Damage [roll5] Sonic


Hope that h(ur|i)t.

gr8artist
2014-07-31, 10:46 AM
You only get a move or standard action in a surprise round. I'll take the best hit from those three, but you guys need to roll initiative.
I'd also like you to show me the math on your attack bonuses. BAB 6 + 1 size + 1 pbs + 3 dex - 2 rapid shot.
But yeah, initiative. [roll0]

gr8artist
2014-07-31, 10:53 AM
Also, yes, your attack hit. Post your action in IC whenever you can.

Tanuki Tales
2014-07-31, 11:13 AM
Rolling Initiative:

[roll0]



AC 16 (TA 11, FF 14)
HP 123
Saves +19/+8/+7

Phillammon
2014-07-31, 11:20 AM
+2 armor enhancement bonus via the "Armor" class feature gets applied to the repulsors too (via the "Repulsors" class feature), +1 masterwork bonus for prettymuch the same reason (the suits are automatically masterwork)

Have PMd you regarding actions, I'll hold up on writing up until we clear that up.

Initiative: [roll0]


HP: Trizbit 72/72, Rattleclank 72/72
AC: 26 (Flatfooted 23, Touch 15)
Saves: +5/+6/+5

Phillammon
2014-07-31, 11:24 AM
Actions cleared up, sorry about that, my bad.

malonkey1
2014-07-31, 11:37 AM
Alright, Initiative roll ([roll0]).


HP: 50/50
AC: 21, Touch 15, Flat-Footed 18
CMB/CMD: +3/17 (14 flat-footed)
Fort: +4
Ref: +8
Will: +6

Phillammon
2014-07-31, 01:44 PM
Rapid Shot + Point Blank Shot + Full Attack with the Repulsors.

To Hit: [roll0], Damage [roll1] Sonic
To Hit: [roll2], Damage [roll3] Sonic
To Hit: [roll4], Damage [roll5] Sonic

For real this time!

(And here's hoping he closes the distance so the REAL big guns can come out.)

gr8artist
2014-07-31, 03:07 PM
The first two hit and deal damage.

The golem is angered, stepping up a few feet and sweeping with his sword. (Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80360))
He appears slightly damaged, but you notice almost immediately a glowing light in the cracks that slowly stitches the stone back together.
Attack with Falchion: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]
Critical Hit (if needed): [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

malonkey1
2014-07-31, 05:13 PM
Alright, having triggered my readied action in the surprise round, that provides a +2 bonus to melee attack against the golem for 2 rounds.

I continue to move toward the Golem, giving all pretense of stealth, drawing my Bladed Belt short sword, taking a stab at it (, dealing [roll]1d4+1d6 damage with a Studied Strike. (If you allow drawing weapons during a charge attack, I want to maker this a charge.)

gr8artist
2014-08-01, 02:14 AM
Sorry, even charging you are unable to inflict damage past his armor with that attack roll.

Tanuki Tales
2014-08-01, 10:21 AM
Alright, Low Coo is going to use his Misfortune Hex on the Golem, which is a standard action. If it's sucessful, he'll then use his move action to Cackle, extending the Hex to last 2 rounds. If it isn't, he'll use a five foot step to move up to the golem and ready an action to move between Trizbit and the Golem if it attacks her again.

gr8artist
2014-08-01, 02:46 PM
You succeed with a cackling misfortune hex, rendering the creature's rolls penalized until the end of your third turn.
Feel free to write it up as soon as Danaan is done writing up his failed attack in the IC thread.

I believe that makes it Trizbit's turn again.

Phillammon
2014-08-01, 04:37 PM
In the interests of not getting mulched by that falchion, five foot step backwards, another full attack, and force shields on.

Attack:[roll0] Crit Confirm:[roll1] Damage:[roll2] Crit Damage:[roll3]
Attack:[roll4] Crit Confirm:[roll5] Damage:[roll6] Crit Damage:[roll7]
Attack:[roll8] Crit Confirm:[roll9] Damage:[roll10] Crit Damage:[roll11]

Phillammon
2014-08-01, 04:49 PM
Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80432) (Sorry, I forgot)

gr8artist
2014-08-01, 07:27 PM
Danaan rushes in, fails to land a solid hit.
Low speaks a curse and debuffs the golem's actions.
Trizbit steps away and unleashes another barrage of repulsor fire. Two shots glance harmlessly off its armor, though one lands true with a resounding clang. The shot smashes into the creature's armor, dealing little damage.
(your poor, poor luck.)

The golem turns and plants the tip of its massive sword against the floor, and begins to emit a low, deep, hum. Stone around it begins to twitch and vibrate, as if waves of energy are moving them. The golem then begins to move with surprising speed, as it pulls its weapon up again and bellows one last time.

"All suspects must stand down immediately.
No further option to surrender will be given."

As it speaks, the strange glowing light continues to arc between the segments of cracked stone, knitting it back into a single, solid surface.

Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80432) (didn't move)
The creature seems to be undergoing constant repairs.
Haste (self only), at a pretty good caster level
Using its spell-like ability provoked an attack of opportunity from Danaan. This is the creature's concentration check to continue casting if it takes damage (DC 13 + damage dealt) [roll0]. If it fails, Danaan's AoO will prevent the spell from resolving.

malonkey1
2014-08-01, 08:12 PM
I'll take that shot. [roll0]. If it hits, [roll1] damage.

Tanuki Tales
2014-08-01, 09:17 PM
Doing both checks Captain.

[roll0]

[roll1]

malonkey1
2014-08-01, 11:36 PM
I'll take that shot. [roll0]. If it hits, [roll1] damage.

Hang on, I have a critical threat here. Unless it's got some subtype, I believe constructs are susceptible to crits, so, confirmation roll: [roll0]

malonkey1
2014-08-01, 11:44 PM
Additionally, is there anything visible in the room that may be affecting the Golem, re: its impressive vitality? (Perception [roll0])

gr8artist
2014-08-02, 10:02 AM
Danaan hits it for 3, setting the concentration DC at 16. The monster gets an 18, so it is not disrupted.
Low succeeds in identifying the SLA.
Canaan's search turns up nothing.
I think it's Danaan's turn now, followed by everybody's favorite troll.

gr8artist
2014-08-02, 10:08 AM
Danaan hits it for 3, setting the concentration DC at 16. The monster gets an 18, so it is not disrupted.
Low succeeds in identifying the SLA.
Canaan's search turns up nothing.

I think it's Danaan's turn now, followed by everybody's favorite troll.
And I believe its Trizbit's turn in the IC thread, to describe his most recent full attack.

malonkey1
2014-08-02, 11:05 AM
Alright, moving back (Acrobatics to avoid an AoO: [roll0]), dropping my short sword (free action), drawing my bow (part of move action along with movement, make an attack with my bow (Roll: [roll1]; Damage on hit is [roll2] plus [roll3] electric damage)

malonkey1
2014-08-02, 11:06 AM
Forgot the map link (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80473)

gr8artist
2014-08-02, 06:03 PM
You successfully get away and successfully strike the creature, though it is solid stone and metal and doesn't seem particularly injured.
It is Low Coo's turn again., and Trizbit's in the IC thread.

Tanuki Tales
2014-08-04, 10:36 AM
Cackling as a move action and reading an action to flank the Golem if it moves towards either Triz or Dan.

Phillammon
2014-08-04, 10:58 AM
Charging into an unarmed strike. If the attack does not threaten a critical, expend one battery to get guaranteed repulsor damage, if it does, all is well.

[roll0] to hit (Trizbit, if you miss this, we are no longer friends)
[roll1] to confirm critical hit (if needed, threat range 19+)
[roll2] damage
[roll3] critical damage (if needed)
[roll4] repulsor damage, sonic, as an added bonus.

Here goes nothing!
(http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80681)
(Or, quite possibly, Trizbit's suicide. Either or)

gr8artist
2014-08-04, 12:15 PM
Danaan's turn in the IC thread.
After this, it will be Danaan's turn in the Dice thread as well.
Trizbit hits, and her adamantine punch seems to be more effective against the golem's armor than most other weapons.

The golem steps a little closer to Low Coo, just enough to get within striking distance, and then proceeds to full attack. As it does, there is a torrent of golden light released from within the golem, that instantly repairs most of its wounds.
Self Heal (Free action): [roll0]
Falchion swing at Trizbit: [roll1] or [roll2]; [roll3] Crit Confirmation (keen, 15-20): [roll4] or [roll5]; [roll6] Falchion swing at Low Coo: [roll7] or [roll8]; [roll9] Crit Confirmation (keen, 15-20): [roll10] or [roll11]; [roll12] Falchion swing at Trizbit again: [roll13] or [roll14]; [roll15] Crit Confirmation (keen, 15-20): [roll16] or [roll17]; [roll18] Slam attack against Low Coo: [roll19] or [roll20]; [roll21] Crit Confirmation (normal, 20): [roll22] or [roll23]; [roll24]
[Map (http://pyromancers.com/media/view/main.swf?round_id=80688)] - I fixed the initiative order, btw, so barring complications, it should show the correct turn order in the bottom left.

malonkey1
2014-08-05, 08:29 AM
Alright, first, making a bluff check: "I'll surrender, if you can catch me!" (Bluff [roll0]), and ready a full action to take the Withdraw action once the thing gets within grabbing range.

gr8artist
2014-08-06, 12:21 AM
The golem doesn't seem to take the bait.
"Stand down and you may yet be allowed to live."
It seems content to continue fighting anyone who'll remain engaged with it.

Tanuki Tales
2014-08-12, 01:26 PM
Regenerate 5 HP.

Low Coo will cackle and ready an action to attack if the Golem uses a spell-like ability again.

Phillammon
2014-08-13, 05:10 PM
Punches!

First!
1d20+18 To hit
1d20+18 To confirm
1d6+15 Damage
1d6+15 Crit Damage
4d6 Repulsors

Second!
1d20+18 To hit
1d20+18 To confirm
1d6+15 Damage
1d6+15 Crit Damage
4d6 Repulsors

Phillammon
2014-08-13, 05:12 PM
...wow, Phillammon. Just wow.

First!
[roll0] To hit
[roll1] To confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage
[roll4] Repulsors

Second!
[roll5] To hit
[roll6] To confirm
[roll7] Damage
[roll8] Crit Damage
[roll9] Repulsors

gr8artist
2014-08-13, 08:11 PM
Hit (38 damage) and a miss.

Golem full-attacks and regenerates (not the big self heal, but the lesser patching up it's been doing).

Falchion swing at Trizbit: [roll0] or [roll1]; [roll2]

Crit Confirmation (keen, 15-20): [roll3] or [roll4]; [roll5]


Falchion swing at Trizbit: [roll6] or [roll7]; [roll8]

Crit Confirmation (keen, 15-20): [roll9] or [roll10]; [roll11]


Falchion swing at Trizbit: [roll12] or [roll13]; [roll14]

This may be redirected at Low Coo if the first two attacks connect well.
Crit Confirmation (keen, 15-20): [roll15] or [roll16]; [roll17]


Slam attack against Low Coo: [roll18] or [roll19]; [roll20]

Crit Confirmation (normal, 20): [roll21] or [roll22]; [roll23]

malonkey1
2014-08-16, 09:40 AM
Alright, since distraction's not working, and nobody seems amenable to my idea of surrendering, I'll knock back a shot on my bow:

To hit: [roll0] (if there's a crit, confirmation roll: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] electric.

gr8artist
2014-08-16, 10:35 PM
Your attack plinks off of his armor with no effect greater than a small arc of electricty.

Phillammon
2014-09-01, 06:43 PM
First!
[roll0] To hit
[roll1] To confirm
[roll2] Damage
[roll3] Crit Damage
[roll4] Repulsors

Second!
[roll5] To hit
[roll6] To confirm
[roll7] Damage
[roll8] Crit Damage
[roll9] Repulsors

Dear Trizbit: Please don't die.




[roll10] To hit
[roll11] To confirm
[roll12] Damage
[roll13] Crit Damage
[roll14] Repulsors

Phillammon
2014-09-01, 06:49 PM
Apparently you can't noparse in dice threads. Sorry...

gr8artist
2014-09-01, 09:41 PM
Both hits land with full force, and your second blow shatters the golem's exterior. The golden light inside flares, then explodes, and chunks of metal and stone fly in all directions.
The golem is destroyed, leaving behind only rubble.

Golem Stats, in case you guys feel like bragging
Approx CR 8 (Graven Guardian +some HD +giant template)
120 HP (10d10+40); DR 5/adamantine; Fast healing 3
30 str, 12 dex, con, int, 12 wis, 1 cha
F +3, R +4, W +4; SR 20
AC 23, FF 22, T 9
BAB +10, CMB +22, CMD 33
+1 keen Falchion
1/day healing ability (5d10+15)

malonkey1
2014-09-08, 02:38 PM
Alright, Danaan makes a Knowledge[Arcana] check [roll0] to see if there's anything of worth or interest in the Golem.

gr8artist
2014-09-08, 10:20 PM
There are several glowing crystals, that seem to be some kind of translucent bronze ore. You'd guess they're the result of an arcane or alchemical process involved in the golem's creation, and they're radiating a strong transmutation aura. There are a total of 4 crystals still intact and radiating energy.

Each crystal can be used once as a material component for a mending or cure (any) spell to cast that spell as though it were empowered, increasing the total benefit by 50%.
Alternatively, each crystal can be used once as a magic device to repair an item by 1d8+5 points. This process takes 1 minute. You may attempt multiple times if you fail, but the bonus is reduced by 1 after each failed attempt, to a minimum repair effect of 1d8 points after 5 failures.
It might be possible, with extensive research and labor to affix a crystal to an object or construct to give it the regen/fast healing effect that benefited the golem.

Phillammon
2014-09-15, 11:46 AM
Taking 10 on the (mundane) repair check to fix up rattleclank gives a 2d8+4 heal. (Also, soon as IC catches up, Trizbit would VERY MUCH like to know about those gems, I suspect.)

[roll0] hit points restored to rattleclank.

gr8artist
2014-09-15, 08:45 PM
Yeah, the crystals were kind of the fallback plan in case you guys actually fought the golem. I tweaked them a little, after learning more about the characters and what they could do. So make use of them, because you'll probably need to.
It takes Trizbit an hour to do that work. Low Coo spends some of that time casting CLW from his wand to patch everyone up, and Danaan examines the rubble and identifies the gems. Anything else you guys want to do during this time? You can converse and cooperate while working, by the way.

gr8artist
2014-10-21, 08:52 PM
Saves (Will 14 vs fear, Fort 15 vs sickened by fumes)
Trizbit Fort: [roll0]
Trizbit Will: [roll1]
Danaan Fort: [roll2]
Danaan Will: [roll3]
Low Coo Fort: [roll4]
Low Coo Will: [roll5]

malonkey1
2014-10-22, 11:18 AM
Alright, first off, Chim-Chim is making a Perception check to see if I can discern anything of note about the room or the "pale elf".

[roll0] (Me aiding Chim-Chim)
[roll1] If the above roll was successful, add 2.

gr8artist
2014-10-23, 01:26 AM
You and chim chim notice that the furry creature bound in oversized chains is alive, though a pool of dry blood has gathered underneath it.
The pale elf sitting at the table is dead, and scattered about him are several open books. The ink appears to be relatively fresh blood.
The body suspended against the crucifix is a half-orc, and he's barely alive.
Most of the devices are too complex or refined to be as old as this temple and are some kind of recent addition.

After the initial shock, as you move further into the room, you see several doors in the wall you came through, though all are made of wood and bronze and fused shut with a layer of iron slag.