PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Non DMM cleric

Rofltrollcopter
2014-06-11, 11:11 PM
So, I am about to start a new game. In order to fill the tank and divine caster roll, I am planning on making a cloistered cleric 4/crusader 1/ Ruby Knight Vindicator X. To moderate the power levels of our group, I agreed to refrain from using divine metamagic (with a randomly rolled charisma score of 11, it wasn't really a viable option anyways). Can someone recommend me some feats that would go with this playstyle? I am already planning on taking practised spellcaster for recovering caster levels, and travel devotion for mobility.

HammeredWharf
2014-06-12, 02:47 AM
I'd focus on the Crusader side of your build feat wise. Take Knowledge Devotion, Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Standstill, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Spiked Chain Proficiency, etc. The Cleric side is fine by itself and can be used for battlefield control and long-term buffs.

Eldariel
2014-06-12, 07:39 AM
Devotion feats from either domains or as feats are really nice. Law Devotion, for instance, if it happens to fit your alignment (Wee Jas is weird). Divine Spell Power is pretty good; you can always get Reliquary Holy Symbol or just Extra Turning to fuel stuff if you feel you have insufficient Turnings (Extra Turning in particular is incredibly efficient). Some ToB-feats are nice, for instance Stone Power if you want to be tanking hits. An easy access to refreshing Temp. HP combines nicely with Delayed Damage Pool. Obviously the Combat Reflexes-line can be nice too, as well as the mentioned control feats.

Even without DMM, Quicken Spell can be pretty good; Quickened Divine Favor from a 5th level slot for instance is a great combat boost. Extend Spell can be worth your while too, to make long duration buffs all-day and later two days. Overall, you can just check the Cleric Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1238.0); it does a decent job of evaluating your options and adding Crusader doesn't do much beyond making Extra Granted Maneuver a near-must.

Gwendol
2014-06-12, 07:59 AM
Cleric is a viable class even without DMM... Get a MM rod to extend the duration of your low-level buffs, and MM Quicken as noted above for a few chosen spells and you're good to go. If you play the cleric as a spellcaster and not a melee fighter the loss of DMM persist is less noticed.