PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help with The Evasion Tank

Val666
2014-06-11, 11:49 PM
A while ago I found this thread :
http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/3536881

Which involved the creation of a tank character based on deflecting and evading attacks without using much miss chance or AC.
I want to try this guy with some changes in the campaign im playing.

The major change from the campaign that may affect the build is that Monkey Grip works differently. My campaign monkey grip allows you to wield a large weapon (asuming medium size character) in two hands without penalty or using a two handed weapon of your size in 1 hand. The extra requirement is just 18 str.

With that in mind, the problem using spiked chain with the build above (spiked chain was two handed so Deflect Arrows didnt worked) is solved. I'll wield my Spiked Chain in one hand and have the other hand free.

The build looks like this:

Monk 2/Fighter 2/Swordsage 2/Warblade 9/Master of Nine 5

Feats:

level 1) Dodge (human), Combat Expertise (1st lvl), Improved Unarmed Strike (monk) Improved Grapple or Stunning Fist (monk), Improved Disarm (flaw), Something else (flaw)
level 2) Deflect Arrows
level 3) Improved Trip (Fighter), Monkey Grip (3rd lvl), 4 Exotict Weapon Proficiencies (Exoticist Fighter)
level 4) Combat Reflexes
level 5) Weapon Focus (Shadow Hand)
level 6) Adaptive Style
level 9) Defensive Throw
level 11) Blindfight (Warblade)
level 12) Elusive Target
level 15) Improved Initiative (Warblade), Something else (lvl 15)
level 18) Something else (lvl 18)

Im using the Half-Minotaur template (hopefully reflufed into Half-Deer or something like that)

What do you guys think about it?? Any thoughts? How can I improve it?

Xerlith
2014-06-12, 04:11 AM
Letting one hand go of a two-handed weapon is a free action. As is grabbing it again. Who needs Monkey Grip. :smalltongue:

Val666
2014-06-12, 10:30 AM
O.o really? well...then I would still using monkey grip to wield a Huge Spiked Chain .-.